2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Details:

夜開草
and you were the moon; most beautiful in darkness.
word count 354 / 500
It had not been long since she landed once more upon the shores of Heliohapt. This time it was alongside her people, her family— the Corvus. Ages it has been since they migrated to new lands. Not even the elders could remember any place other than Reim. It was the start of a new era— a breath of fresh air.

Setting up their living accommodations was the most difficult hurdle they faced. Many were weary from travel, unaccustomed to the heat. But they managed. Their magoi was utilized, shared amongst them as her magic tools were passed between them.

Sustainable food sources came from her vial and hunting, while scarce, they made due. Housing given form through dry bushes and the usefulness of her ring granted them temporary shelter. Most of all, they had each other— as lame of a concept as it was. They would be nothing if it weren’t for their union.

After arriving to their shores, she had begun to hear about the rise of a militia. Their ranks composed of former slaves rallied to a unified cause.

Al-Shamshura.

A repeat of the mistakes she had done in Kou was unfavorable. But returning to their roots on the Dark Continent, it was much more imperative for her to be involved. As much as she would dread it, something had to be done to restore a semblance of peace to the land.

Speaking to the former slaves, she noticed they were reluctant to accept her aid. But they would direct her to a camp composed of their Fanalis brethren. All with a simple task to deliver food. Fortunately, she was able to do more. She could only leave them with her word.

In the camp, she finds a familiar face. It was unsuspected. They were both older now, but there was no mistaking it lest her eyes deceived her. She approaches him.

“Aseroth—” His name parts from her lips in a gasp. It had been so long. She could have sworn that he was but a specter. After all, many of the faces she once knew were dead. “Is it truly you?”

Aseroth

Aseroth
β-Tier
β-Tier

items brought:

Aseroth, had found his way to the boiling sands of Heliohapt. A lanky fanalis of a man, caught his eyes by the new orangish scenery presented before him. His ship had arrived a few spring nights ago. The calming ocean he travelled over gave him time to write in his journal detailing the journey, but it was time to start his new adventure. This must've been where his real father was from, since his old man was a slave.

It made him wonder what impact the slaves had here, and how he could help them. The lanky fanalis stood on the ivory boards beneath his feet, some of the men pushed past him as a new ship had just docked. Aseroth had just shook off his armor, and undershirt given he was messing around earlier inside the camp with the freshly reformed slaves. The sweat dripped from his chin, and made his skin sparkle in the Heliohapt Heat, and what made him shiver was the cold words of hearing his name.

Spoiler:

Yes, you must be from the new batch of newly freed slaves? “ His first response to Diana. But it was the way, she said her words and came forward into the light, that her platinum hair reawoke his brain. “ Aseroth ‘Isthar’ De Lucas in your presence once again , Miss Corvus. Aseroth would give his whole name, as well as a cheeky smile. It had been a few years since he last saw the woman, so he had a little butterflies fill his stomach at the reunion. Wiping his face off of more sweat as it bundled on his forehead from the heat, Aseroth looked into her eyes with a slight squint as the sun hit his face. “ You’re far away from home, Diana. Are you here to help as well? ” Knowing that has to be one of her reasons to come so far out across the world.  

wc: 318/500

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

夜開草
word count 546 / 500
notes this is the end of the first job.
From the batch of newly freed slaves?

His words had her taken back. Once a flat expression broke as her brows slightly knit. It seemed all the time he spent overseas had fried his brain. She crosses her arms, a subtle smile appearing on her lips. Even so, he did remember her.

“I am,” she admits. “After retaking my responsibilities, I decided to move the clan to… newer lands. So, it only makes sense that we lend our help.” In other words, this was to be their home. Strange as it was to say it out loud. “You know, you would be one of us if you ever completed your trial,” she chides him.

The other Corvus with her were spreading through the camp, mingling with the other Fanalis. Large baskets full of food and supplies on their shoulders. An excessive effort to gain their favor with these people. But they had more than enough to share.

Even if they weren’t Corvus, these ex-slaves were their brethren.

“Come. Walk with me.” She turns, starting to walk to another part of the camp. There were too many mouths to feed to be standing around.

Aseroth

Aseroth
β-Tier
β-Tier

Aseroth had grabbed one of the corvus baskets filled with food. Slugging it over his right shoulder, lifting it with ease. Taking his stride besides, Diana, looking down to her speaking. “ I see your clan must be in great hands if you're able to help this much. I myself, could only bring me. ” Sounding saddened by his own words, before perking his tone up saying his next bit. “ Diana, your family trail just wasn't my forte. I don't think I would've made a great tamer… ” Rubbing his neck with his left hand, remembering the snake, nahvi, and being lost in the mountains of Zou. Her beautiful lawless woods behind him now, and him in this moment he was able to help pass around the fresh food.

Aseroth, would be done speaking with all ears to her reply. Handing about the food from the basket to the children alongside the street, coming up to the duo. He was quite tall, so he would bend sometimes for the kids, even a small group of three kids came racing pass and around Diana happily playing, making him crack a little laugh regardless of whatever she did in reaction to the little newly freed fanalis.

wc: 525/500

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

job details:

夜開草
word count 241 / 500
notes this is the end of the first job.
There is a slight smile that presses at the corners of her lips. In all her life, it had begun to feel as though she was doing something right. That her clan was more than just a horde of brutes. Every red lion she looked over was much more compassionate than that.

All of them were eager to help their kin and others amongst them. Even as thin as their resources were stretched, they had no qualms to speak of. They trusted her to keep them alive in this arid land.

Even Aseroth had grown strong and noble. A half-breed like herself, but no less a respectable Fanalis. “No matter what you are protected by us while you are here,” she says. Whether he could complete his trial or not held less significance than he thought.

“Every Fanalis you see here is family. Even if they can not subdue a mere serpent like yourself.” A huff of laughter passes her lips at the fondness of the memory. The children run around her in their gleeful playtime. She rustles their hair as they pass by, a fondness glowing in her eyes.

But as the peace was at its peak, she heard a scream call out from nearby. Diana whips her head in the direction, brows knit. There were no strange scents of blood or death. But the voice was shrill, panicked.

“We should check it out,” she notes, moving toward the sound.

Aseroth

Aseroth
β-Tier
β-Tier

Aseroth would place the basket down off his shoulder after the kids had run through them, and stay around briefly. He even picked one up just placing her incredibly high into the air while looking into Diana’s eye. His eyes blue just like the clear waters of Ju-Hua Lake showing he was a half-breed just like her, but it wouldn't be the depth of his eyes, but the confusion in them. “With whom going to protect me, Milady. Dare they step against me. He would say given none who have, have met a bootiful beating. Looking up at the kid he had enjoying the camp high above them.

Aseroth was not concerned about the trail more so being here helping the people, and what Diana said was nice. She had changed so much in how assertive she was compared to his brute, and straight forward nature. While thinking all of this of her in the moment, annoying screams struck Diana’s ears prompting him to follow her lead towards this sound. “ Kids go play ‘who can run the fastest’ towards the elderly” Placing the kid in his hands to rejoin the group, as the little fanalis sprinted one direction while they went the other.

There was a noise far off in the distance, and given her family's here, who would cause a scene. Quite curious about what would happen with a bunch of hot-headed fanalis against one enemy. “ I could finish him, I just chose not too. No point in eating snake meat ” poking out his tongue, and pointing his finger in his mouth walking alongside, Diana.

wc: 266/500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum