Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Martial Art: Revolving Heaven
Tier: A
Class: Warrior
Type: Defensive
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must remain in place and the ability must be performed on a solid surface.
Scaling: Layers
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40 m | 20 m
Description:

The user pirouettes, spinning rapidly on their toes while kicking up debris. Infusing and bonding together the debris kicked up with their magoi, this creates a protective shield blocking an instance of A Tier damage in a 25 by 25 meter dome around themselves. Each time the ability is scaled increases the defensive capabilities of the dome, adding an additional instance of A Tier damage blocked per scale.

Martial Art: Palm Strike
Tier: B
Type: Offensive / Supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must keep their hand open and strike the target with their palm.
Scaling: Duration
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30 s | 15 s
Description:

The user opens their hand and pulls their arm back before striking the target with their palm. This causes a powerful shockwave to rattle their body, dealing C Tier damage and causing the target to become disoriented. This throws off their balance and ability to react for two posts.

Martial Art: Vacuum Palm
Tier: B
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must keep their hand open and strike in the direction of the target with their palm.
Scaling: Range
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30 s | 15 s
Description:

The user opens their hand and pulls their arm back before striking in the direction of the target with their palm generating a blast of wind 10 meters long and 5 meters around. The compressed air released from the user's palm knocks them off their feet with concussive force up to 25 meters away and disperses intangible substances affected by wind such as gases or flames. Each time the ability is scaled increases the distance that the target is pushed instead of extending the blast.

Last edited by Diana Corvus on 10/02/21, 02:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Martial Arts II  Empty Re: Martial Arts II 07/02/21, 02:42 am

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier

1/2

3Martial Arts II  Empty Re: Martial Arts II 08/02/21, 08:25 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Objection, the way it stands, the first ability is currently illegal.

Martial Art: Revolving Heaven- Magoi may not be expelled away from the body without a physical catalyst. Kicking up the dirt does not count towards this,

You must of thought that merrze's "Miathios Art 7: Palm of the heavens" is the same thing, but it's not. She encases magoi over a rock that she is physically touching and remains consistent with her constant contact with it before throwing as an attack. Its one of the more prominent cases where debris can be used as a weapon. Kicking it up in such a manner makes the contact itself inconsistent to be capable of making up such a dome. You can't expel your magoi into kicked up debris  in order to solidify it around to create a dome, the contact that the debris is making is inconsistent with how magoi manip is supposed to function.

here is a reference
Spoiler:

Don't use the word durability, its too prevalent in regards to another  format of ability types that use durability. .  Use the word "Defense capabilities" or something along the lines.

Martial arts- you need to remember that stun prevents the use of limb use for the duration in regards to limbs per post. At c tier stun you can stun 2 limbs, and yet you want the inflicted themselves to dictate where they become immobile? Tell you what, if you add in  the last sentence that corresponds to the immobility of an area of your choosing depending on where you hit them, that is acceptable.

Pelvis- both legs
Ches- both arms
Arm, both arms
Leg- both legs

it's better to do that than leave all dictation to the inflicted to mix and match. Plus, by knowing that stun=paralyzation, you keep the players educated in what it does instead of guessing or saying "read the rules", its better to tell them what your status effect actually does.

Martial Art: Vacuum Palm: I don't think its appropriate for you to get that kind of gust of wind for free. I don't want example being set in regards to how something like that is supposed to work. Tell you what, I'll compromise. The original distance can be 5 meters.

However, I'll scale it along with the mastery of your martial art, aka warrior. It's similar to how I used acid kunai, you can get an extra +5 meters long in the range base per rank you have in warrior. Coupled with the fact that you are using  "martial arts" and have fanalis strength, then it will be ok

which means at omega the base will be 30 long and 5 wide.  Normally, it's a little harder to perform such a feat without doing a combo spec ability. If i were you, i'd use this with body manipulation to make it into a wing-like hand for that moment to make the gust of wind.

As usual, if you have gripes, talk to knux or merrze and I'll approve as is.

4Martial Arts II  Empty Re: Martial Arts II 09/02/21, 01:50 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Martial Art: Revolving Heaven: Just wondering are you using magoi to form it together or is it still moving and the magoi just forms a chain bond in the diameter to protect from incoming damage.

Martial Art: Palm Strike: If Stun is meant to paralyze Lagi would be right, but I'm assuming its meant to be more akin to disorientation in how it affects your senses rather than your full body can't move.

Vacuum Palm: This is fine, you're just pushing air with an intense force which is fine in an anime sense especially since you're not hurting anyone.

5Martial Arts II  Empty Re: Martial Arts II 09/02/21, 02:52 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

For Martial Art: Revolving Heaven, I'd prefer still moving with the magoi expelled forming a chain bond as you've said. Though, if it needs to remain stagnant, I don't mind that either.

Martial Art: Palm Strike, I'll be honest, I completely forgot we added status effect rules since they're so new. But it was supposed to be a stun. However... since it's a B Tier ability, would I get 3 limbs? Or since it's split effects, would it get only a 2 limb capability? If I went with disorientation, is there a way you'd suggest to go about it?

6Martial Arts II  Empty Re: Martial Arts II 10/02/21, 02:17 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Updated.

7Martial Arts II  Empty Re: Martial Arts II 11/02/21, 03:53 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Alright that looks good on me, approved

Code:
[center][b]Martial Art: Revolving Heaven[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must remain in place and the ability must be performed on a solid surface.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Layers
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 m | 20 m
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
The user pirouettes, spinning rapidly on their toes while kicking up debris. Infusing and bonding together the debris kicked up with their magoi, this creates a protective shield blocking an instance of A Tier damage in a 25 by 25 meter dome around themselves. Each time the ability is scaled increases the defensive capabilities of the dome, adding an additional instance of A Tier damage blocked per scale.[/list]

[center][b]Martial Art: Palm Strike[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive / Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must keep their hand open and strike the target with their palm.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Duration
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 s | 15 s
[list]
The user opens their hand and pulls their arm back before striking the target with their palm. This causes a powerful shockwave to rattle their body, dealing C Tier damage and causing the target to become disoriented. This throws off their balance and ability to react for two posts.[/list]

[center][b]Martial Art: Vacuum Palm[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must keep their hand open and strike in the direction of the target with their palm.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Range
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 s | 15 s
[list]
The user opens their hand and pulls their arm back before striking in the direction of the target with their palm generating a blast of wind 10 meters long and 5 meters around. The compressed air released from the user's palm knocks them off their feet with concussive force up to 25 meters away and disperses intangible substances affected by wind such as gases or flames. Each time the ability is scaled increases the distance that the target is pushed instead of extending the blast.[/list]

8Martial Arts II  Empty Re: Martial Arts II 26/03/21, 09:20 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Link to purchase.

Using 1 A, 2 B.

9Martial Arts II  Empty Re: Martial Arts II 27/03/21, 03:36 pm

Julius Plageuis

Julius Plageuis
A-Tier
A-Tier