2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

mission
Spoiler:

After the dungeon, Lagi managed to reconnect with Zuzu and have her continue her plan for avenging her hometown against her mother. Of course, this was something that Lagi refused to let her walk away from, and luckily for him, his dark hand comrades have been keeping an eye on the prisoner that they managed to acquire that was trying to get rid of them, at the bar. There was some damage itself at the bar, but the place was almost as good as new with Lagi's help. As a matter of fact, even with all of his fault's he's been rather kind to Zuzu in his own way with his helping and maintaining an interest her achieving the goals that she set out for herself. Lagi figured that she wouldn't care about the methods of how she was going to achieve that, but she seemed to question him every step of the way. He even managed to find her in the dungeon, making him wonder why she bothered to challenge the dungeon by her self.

Or was she with someone else?

Lagi had no real idea as to what occurred, but that was none of his concern, not since he lost, not anymore. Right now, he was still a man of his word, his word was a powerful commodity that a lot of people tended to take for granted. Pretty soon, Zuzu was going to know the weight of his words as he saw her goals through the end, or at least until he had to head back to heliohapt in order to bring back his master.

With most of the planning done ahead of time, the first thing that Lagi did was send a messenger for Zuzu as he used the information he gained from the prisoner he acquired from the bar attack in order to infiltrate the place. He waited in a darkened forest just outside the base of operations for the sake of thinking of a plan in order to sneak in. However, he couldn't really start without the star of the show.

"I wonder if she would even show up today? I did say that tonight was the best night to do it with the amount of surveillance I had on the area. "

He had to make sure that the information was accurate, and with a few days of watching and preparation, Gabe was confident enough in the fact that the man was telling the truth.

413/1500

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Shining Courage [Lagi/zuzu/B-Rank Mission] CrChE3t

Shining Courage [Lagi/zuzu/B-Rank Mission] LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

In a moonlit clearing, a purple-haired woman gazed at the tawny sky whose dark veil was scattered with bright stars. A comet with golden tail crossed paths with the scarlet sphere suspended in the black vastness of space. A distant white was darkened by the vague shadow of a crossing orb with a aquamarine shade.

‘Every person is a star. Every star will eventually cross paths. Whether that path will result in a collision or not is to the star’s discretion.’

That purple-haired woman reflected upon her own path which had crossed with the destructive path of a crimson-stained man. If she were a bright star, she had come across a dying supernova with the potential to become either a black hole or neutron star. She had the rare chance to steer him into becoming one or the other, so she knew the choice she had to take.

‘You still doubt me, that much is certain. Yet you even waited for me? Is your faith in me stronger than your doubt?’

The woman’s purple locks fluttered in the cold air and sprawled across her delicate white skin. Her cranberry lips were in a smile that could only be called melancholic, having lost her usual playfulness. She had made her decision in knowledge of the potential consequences which she could have on that man she had become quite attached to. She would not admit it but she had come to enjoy his company, so she could not let him go down that destructive path he was currently on. She had made her decision knowing that she may fall upon that feared path herself, yet she still believed in him.

‘So, Requiem, shall we test that faith in me? Let’s have a go at infiltrating this fort, not that we should have difficulty. Your faith in me will surely be paid off, as I have not forgotten to do my own work into the weak spots of each entrance.’

327/1500

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Much to his suprise, Lagi managed to see Zuzu show up at the allocated time. Lagi didn't have a pocket watch or anything of the sort in order to confirm if she was late or not, but the simple fact that she arrived was good enough for him. The smell of Zuzu was actually picked up a few meters back, which made him anticipate her arrival and put on his Requiem Jynx mask. There were plenty of faces that Lagi showed her, but one of them wasn't the one he currently had as a vampire lord. It was like a well kept secret, but at the same time, it wasn't. But the mask was a representation of who he was trying to be at this moment, a drug lord that had a lot of pull in kou due to what he did in order to accomplish the things he had. If he was going to do this as Requiem Jynx. he needed to have his mask on at the very least. The word of mouth of survivors or people that he deals with spreads infamy like a wildfire, it was free publicity.

"It wasn't as if I could believe that you would show up after all this time. With the dungeon and all, maybe you did get a little bolder. But while I left the prisoner in your care, I almost wondered why no messenger was being sent to me about them getting worked over or anything of the sort. It's because you ended up teaming up with someone else in order to claim the djinn's power, right? So early into your revenge and you already desire the power of kings? Even kings kill, the road to their greatness painted with the blood of those who opposed them. Heck, queens even..."

But he didn't even try to scold her for doing something like getting in his way. As a matter of fact, Lagi made peace with the fact that he couldn't win. If there was such a thing a fate, maybe it had no place for a man like him. Or better yet, Lagi couldn't stand the idea of his fate to be something akin to below average, so he decided to make his own.

"Since you seem to have most of the schematics of the area, lead the way on how the infiltrate. With my abilities, I'll back you up with what I have. Please feel open to share, because if something like digging is also an idea, we can do that as well. "

wc 839/1500

Spoiler:

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

That crimson-stained man donned his mask and simply changed into a new person with this simple action. His previous passions subsided and he became a person with new identity, he truly assumed his persona of Requiem Jynx. Though Zubaidah knew naught of the man he had once been, she was wary that Requiem was just that - a name. A name he used with the mask to disguise who he was behind that false persona.

‘Requiem, you will never understand why I entered that dungeon… I could explain it to you simply but the explanation would be too simple for you to understand. You are cynical, more than I was. That cynicism stops you from taking a situation at simple face value.’

A sad smile tugged at her cranberry lips as she stared past that mask-wearing man.

‘I do not desire the power of kings - not for myself, at the very least. I do not understand what it is that gives a king his power, I just did not want power like that to be given to someone who would use it for wrong purposes. I care not if I were the one with that power or some other I knew nothing about, as long as I knew it would be used for the sake of good.’

A clenched fist held her spear tightly as she stared into his eyes, unflinching.

‘It is so simple a desire that it seems naive to you, no doubt. Yet I see that naivety as proof that I have not fallen into your cynicism. I will constantly seek my ideal world of goodness, however naive it may be.’ She continued barely audibly. ‘This world will be a place where killing has no place, where no one has the need to murder. A world where you do not need to murder. A world where you can be yourself without the need to wear your mask of a murderer. A happy ending.’

A drop of crimson fell to the ground as she turned her back to that man she wished to save. Her bleeding lips twisted into a grimace as she turned her back and faced towards her objective inside the large compound.

‘There is a weak spot in the foundations on the west side of the complex which can be exploited to cause a distraction. The foundations will collapse, causing the west side to fall. With the west side fallen, I will engage the alerted guards to draw their attention while you break through the inner wall separating the inner sanctum from the external complex. After dealing with the guards, I will join you.’

She cared not how much of her blood would be spilled in search of her goal, she had put so much time into preparing the rails which she could use to achieve her objective. She was devoted to achieving that sought-after objective. Her true objective. To save the man behind the mask.

819/1500

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"Nothing should be taken at face value, everything that's done has a hidden meaning to it that could either hurt or discourage those who find out the truth.  Zuzu, this world that we live in, is dishonest. The dreams of prosperity and peace are created through lies and violence.  You want to rule over some sort of perfect world, I get that. As a matter of fact, I admire you for it, which is why I suggest that if you do intend to rule, you might as well have someone do all of the killings for you. Because for you to continue to rule, a woman at that already at the disadvantage due to sexist appearances, people need to die. It's just a suggestion, but since you like to take things at face value, everything I said to you has a merit to your own progress, whatever lies at the end of it. "

There was always going to be a person who would use the power of the kings for their own selfish reasons.  But even if that was to be the case, she wanted to prevent such power of falling into the hands of those who would use it in such a way? Lagi almost wanted to wish her good luck, because there were too many people to count if she wanted to stop them all.

"Then i'll destroy the wall and go off to the side entrance in the meantime. It's shouldn't take too long. I mean what really is the proposed great defense against absolute power? Be sure to keep your eyes open for the light show, but try not to get caught in it. "

Rising up, Lagi started to use his vampiric flight at c rank speed and take a slightly heightened airborne position towards the west side. Orie was then called upon and positioned herself behind Lagi as she used her lighting tractor.  An amazing blast of lightning erupted from her, being 15 meters in height, and width, and traveling as far as  40 meters. It dealt A-tier lightning damage as it tore through the foundations, making a shattering explosion and killing three of the hired guards that were patrolling the  premisis.  With such a display, those left alive would have no choice but to investigate.

However, Lagi did most of the work and flew off to the other side casually. He believed that Zuzu was capable enough to handle the rest as he picked off the less than capable stragglers.

Magoi- 380/400

Spoiler:

1257/1500

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

That man with his mask let loose his bloodthirsty tools, lurid blue tearing through soft flesh and sharp white breaking down solid foundations. The nauseating sound of bone shattering and blood spilling followed, followed by further indications of violence from Requiem. The murmur of prayers left her grimacing lips as Zubaidah accepted the heavy burden of sin she had taken by allowing him to act as he willed upon those under-prepared men.

‘How could I miss those strands of lightning… They extend past what is required. I wonder whether he considers the extent of his destruction or if he is so engaged in it that he loses himself. I cannot fathom how he ended this way. He is within his own world of destruction that it matters not what he does to those outside of it.’

She wrenched her maiden halberd out of a wall as she looked upon the frozen bodies of two guards.

‘I seem to still restrain myself so that I do not kill. I am surprised I still have those inhibitions, but it is a pleasant surprise. Thankfully, they will gradually become unfrozen when the sun approaches high noon. That is what I call a restrained choice. It accomplishes my goal, but does not require murder.’

She heaved her faithful fauchard from her shoulder while she turned towards the spectacular lights of her companion’s destruction.

‘I would prefer if you did not spread your uninhibited destruction more than you already have. Please refrain from taking any more lives, unless it is absolutely necessary. Let me put this in a different manner: I pose you a challenge. See if you can halt any other guards by inhibiting yourself so that you may render them unconscious rather than dead. I do not want to waste lives. Lives are not to be casually toyed with and thrown away like used cigars.’

Weapon:
1131/1500

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As he walked along the corridor with his casual stroll while Zuzu took care of the other guards, Lagi went around to doing things his way. He was feeling pretty fun as well, so he decided to have a little bit of fun with his prey.

"Hmmmm hmmm hmmmmm hmmm..."

He hummed a small tune as he started to use his claw-like fingers as C rank weapons to rip and tear against other masses who seemed to only be working at the place. Unfortunately for them, Lagi's whip-like hands moving at A rank speeds with A rank strength cut through them as if those mere mortals were butter.

"This structure is now under the ownership of Zuzu Mansur, lay completely on the floor and continuously beg for your life while swearing loyalty if you wish to hold on to them."

Some actually did what he said, others tried to run. Of course, those who ran were dispatched, Lagi disliked disobedience. But with so much of the carnage that he displayed, there were more guards that were approaching as Zuzu made her declaration of disliking what he did.

"Look, you gave me a job to do. Now you want to start making adjustments of how you would like your desire for revenge and conquest to be fulfilled? Of course, I can keep these people alive, as a matter of fact.... watch, but don't be surprised if you can't be near me either when I do this. "

There seemed to be the rest of the surviving guards that were inside of the complex, charging at lagi and disregarding Zuzu. That was only due to the fact that he displayed most of the power, as well as indiscriminately attacking combatants and noncombatants. However, much to thieir dismay, orie appered behind lagi and generated a high concentration of lightning magic. It even affected Zuzu with what it did, all sort of metals of any kind was banished from Lagi. The negative pulse began 5 cm away from Lagi, bu Orie and any equipment Lagi was carrying. Lagi stood close enough to Zuzu, but she could still experience the crushing magnetic pull. If such a thing was under a controlled resistance, she could only imagine what would happen if she stepped out too far from lagi by even another inch. The pulse pushed outward in a 25-meter diameter, with Lagi as the center. All metal, and those with metal on them are pushed away from this pulse outward and slammed into all sort of concrete and walls. Some were laid unconscious, others ended up being impaled with the force of all of the metals flowing away from lagi at A rank speed with the a rank force of the magnetic pulse.

"See? I didn't kill them, well most. Anything that did happen was an accident."

1500/1500

Magoi- 360/400

Spoiler:

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

A flash of irritation struck the fields of Zubaidah ‘s heart, setting light to her passions.

‘I employed your aid in avenging my family, not in murdering soldiers who were simply hired to protect that hated enemy who killed them. I simply wanted to put my unease at the unfairness of my parents’ murder to rest, not cause others to want vengeance on my murders of their family.’

A man was casually ripped into many pieces as sharp claws tore through flesh.

‘How can you not see that this senseless murder is wrong? This is not a matter of morals at this point, it goes wanting ideals grounded in common sense. Your murderous rampage cannot fall under the broad category of common sense at all.’

A man fell motionless to the cold floor while blood seeped through the gaping hole made by wings.

‘This murder… I have resigned myself to not caring about how you came to be like this, but I cannot any longer. Why do you murder? What allows you to sleep while you do these atrocious things? It does not matter whether it is an innocent slave or guilty slaver, their lives are equally worthy of being sniffed out by you.’

A tempting pull coaxed Zubaida's manipulative mind into submitting to the great force of Requiem’s power and let him see the result of her fragile body pierced by metal. What strange result would he show at seeing her broken body? Would he feel intense sadness towards her? Would he feel nothing but absolute pity?

A single coin left her pocket as she imagined these situations, lost to the temptations of that pull. She knew that single coin would be the only thing she would lose. She stood firm and stared Requiem in the eye as she withheld from submitting to that tempting pull.

1438/1500

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"To those that serve your enemy, are they without sin? For them to follow you  and witness the strength that you boast, you have to wield it in such a way that it almost always results in a quick death if they were willing to betray you. People like that don't need to exist, no matter who or what they are. It has to be absolute, which means you shouldn't discriminate among those who are worth the judgment that you bring upon them. I'm actually glad you are the way that you are, it's either they accept the inner kindness that you harbor, or become a worthy sacrifice for your quest of revenge. When placed in such a way, it's a no brainer. Everything that I do only solidifies your leadership, because as you can see, being beside me means you aren't on the other side of that bloody mess. If such a person with such power is backing you, who dares to go against you? Try to think of the bigger picture instead of letting my antics go to waste."

But the question of why he murdered was even more complex to answer than he thought.

"I have reached the absolute limitations of my strength, and at the same time, I have no real reason to hold myself back. Killing for me is just as nonchalant of deciding whether you would want chicken or beef for dinner. Those who stand against me and manage to survive are usually left alive, but I don't think twice about the actions done to answer their "bravery". Conserving life requires focus, it requires me to care, I only care about you in this building right now, no one else.  Do you have any idea what i sacrificed to become this strong? I was worthy to be king, and yet...... the djinn didn't even.....look at me!"

He was angry, but seeing Zuzu act so stubborn made him stop his magnetic pulse and look at her with a stern expression. She couldn't see it through the fullest extent of his mask, but she knew he was.

"I don't know, but I have all the time in the world because I sacrificed my "time". In a way, I'm immortal now....so WHAT IS the meaning of life for a man like me when i'm not even alive anymore? And yet... this isn't the time or place for such a conversation..."

Lagi's Vault

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Closing the eyelids of a forlorn man, Zubaidah whispered an unknown prayer under her breath. She wrapped a clean bandage around the arm of a stubborn man, moving him gently away from the central atrium. She did not face him as she finished tending to these injured soldiers.

‘Bravery is a virtue to be rewarded. To be brave is to have the conviction to carry through your ideals. I value bravery above many virtues, but not kindness. Kindness is even greater than other virtues. That and dignity. Those two have greatest value among all virtues.’

She did not face him as she placed a defiant hand upon the ornately-carved wooden door.

‘That life of yours can be used for something good, you know. How about you ponder an answer on why I think kindness and dignity have the greatest value among all virtues. Once you realise why I think this, you can come to understand the lives of others and the placement of your life among them.’

She did not face him even as she opened the ornately-carved wooden door with resolute mind.

‘When you fully realise why I think this, I will consider allowing you to help me in my personal fight within this room. Since you do not understand so, I cannot allow you to join a fight fought for personal reasons of kindness and dignity.’

She still did not face him as she finally closed that ornately-carved wooden door.

‘I look forward to your answer, ‘Requiem’.’

1500/1500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum