A Lead from the Crows [ Job | Solo ]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

job details:

diana corvus

They made it to a nearby inn to gather their thoughts. Being betrayed was the least of their worries. There was a job to do and the longer they waited, the farther the enemy got. Vita decided to do what she does best and scout around with the help of Bellona. Diana sat at the bar with Brutus. It was silent. She twirled her finger around in her drink. The ice chunks beat against the sides of the wooden mug. Ale wasn't quite her choice of drink but Brutus had been treating her. She took a reluctant sip before gazing over to him. He looked uneasy. His rough hands were wrapped around the mug in a tight grip. Diana softened her gaze and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Thanks," he said, slumping down onto the counter. She couldn't help but feel bad for him. It was embarrassing to be betrayed but he didn't know any better. He was like a child and it couldn't help but make her smile.

word count ( 171 | 1000 )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus

"When we find her... you should be the one to kill her."

Brutus lifted himself up from the counter and chuckled. "Yeah. I'll put 'er head on a spike, eh?" His tone was still a bit depressing but it was clear she cheered him up a little bit. "I'll deal with any guards that pest has lying around. It'd be best you save your strength for what matters." Diana took another sip of the ale, scrunching her face at the taste. "Don't like ale, huh? Give it to me, I'll drink it. Solomon knows I need it. Excuse me! Can I get a glass of wine for the lady?" He shouted down the bar to the bartender who quickly worked on each order that came to him. He was a younger man whose spirit reminded her a bit of her brother who also liked to pour drinks for others.

word count ( 320 | 1000 )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus

She rested her head on her hand, smiling at Brutus. He couldn't help but be taken aback by her sudden expression. "H-Hey! What're you grinnin' for?" A light blush was strewn across his face. He was embarrassed. Diana thought it was an amusing change of pace for the man. It was nice to see him let loose. "Nothing. Thank you." She clasped onto the cup and sipped it. Wine was a tolerable taste yet outside of Reim, it was never quite that good. However, she was more pleased. "I hope Vita is okay." Brutus leaned back, turning his head to look at the door. "They are both very strong." He leaned back forward. There was a worried look on his face that wasn't befitting him. Yet just as he began to relax, the door swung open.

"Brutus! Diana!"

word count ( 458 | 1000 )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus

"Vita! You alright?!"

Brutus practically fell off the stool before stumbling towards her in a panic. "I-I'm fine! I'm fine!" Her face was beat red as he checked her for injuries. He let out a deep breath. "Good. Did you find out anything?" It seems there was not much time for idle chatter before the subject changed quickly to business. Diana carefully slid down from the stool that she was barely sitting on. The wound on her leg was still throbbing but the alcohol eased it. "I found where they are stationed. A huge mansion in the city with a ton of guards surrounding it. They want us to find them. I'm sure of it!" The plump girl seemed highly confident in her information which put Diana at ease. "Please lead us there, Vita." Diana made her way over to the door and kept it open for the two. This seemed to leave Brutus quite embarrassed but they hurried right out the door.

word count ( 621 | 1000 )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus

"Follow us!" Vita didn't delay a second as she jogged down the street. Diana didn't quite like going at this pace. She ran up to both of her comrades and lifted them up under her arms. "I'll go wherever you tell me," she said. They were the last words they would hear before being lifted off into the air with great speed. Vita screamed in panic but calmed down a bit at least to give directions. She gave a bit of instruction and Diana had the area in her sights. After landing in a thick patch of decorative foliage, she placed the two down. "What is the plan, Brutus?" It was the first time she spoke to him in a respective tone. He wasn't as bad as she made him out to be.

word count ( 754 | 1000 )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus

Brutus sat there in thought for a moment, observing the situation. It seemed like he was struggling to come up with a good plan. But then suddenly he became angry... or frustrated. Diana couldn't tell the difference. "You're a Fanalis! What do we need a plan for! Just tear through 'em! Vita and I will go in after you distract them. We can handle the rats inside. Just meet us in there after you clean up." Brutus shot her a confident, goofy smile. This also didn't fit him very well. Diana took her hand and covered up his face. "You got it, boss." She gave Vita a thumbs up and jumped out of the bushes. "Hey! Kill that trespasser!" The guards were now alerted and all coming at her. As planned, Vita and Brutus snuck around behind them, taking out a few in advance as they charged forwards. "Come at me, I guess." Diana knew this was going to be boring. She rolled her shoulders back and cracked her neck.

"It'll be a good warm up at least."

word count ( 932 | 1000 )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus

A cool breeze blew past her face before the first blade came down upon her. Their inexperience and the pace she'd been going at lately made everything seem like it was in slow motion. His attempt to slice her was futile as her body moved slightly out of the way. The others stabbed and sliced at her as well but it was useless. A few knicks were taken but they were all for nothing. Diana grabbed ahold of one of them by the neck and slammed them into three others. She crushed his treachea and dropping him. After jumping upwards, she brought her leg down on the three enemies for a devistating drop kick.

word count ( 1000+ | 1000 )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus

The onslaught didn't let up despite her taking out their comrades with ease. Their greed for coin robbed them of their common sense. She took two steps back before they attempted to slice her again. They cut through her clothes and a bit through her skin. She caught their heads and smashed them together. With four of them left, they were beginning to rethink their strategy. "Ah... I just repaired these." Diana frowned, looking down at her shirt. She was never good at sewing so this would be a nuisance. Two more men came at her with their swords. As they reached her, she simply slammed her fists on top of their heads. "Are you two going to run or..?" Diana didn't want to waste any more time but they wouldn't budge. It was clear one of them was more scared. So, she drew her attention to the other one.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

diana corvus

They both braced themselves for a beating that they probably deserved. Diana lifted herself off the ground and charged towards her target. He held his sword up which Diana ignored as she punched him straight in the gut. She took a moment to take a look around her. They were all either out cold or on the verge of passing out but none had the will to fight any longer. She took her crimson gaze over to the last one standing who immediately fainted. "Huh? Hey," she said, kicking the man once in the side. There was no response to pain; he was out cold. Diana shrugged and jogged her way to the front of the mansion, kicking open the door. Now, all she had to do was meet back up with Vita and Brutus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum