Ai's starter spells.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ai's starter spells. Empty Ai's starter spells. 21/06/17, 04:12 am

Pigeon Ai*

Pigeon Ai*
D-Tier
D-Tier

Lol, let me say this right here and now. If you criticize the names for anything besides it not having anything to do with magikz.

Imalba’ Faken
Tier: D-Tier
Class: Magician, Life.
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium 9m
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have some sort of vegetation around them, or seeds. The user must chant a mantra and wave they’re wand in the direction of the vegetation or seed.
Scaling: Healing
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 1 Post
Cost: 10 Magoi
Description: The user uses their magic to order plants to grow, causing a small bed of flowers to grow around the target, all of which emit a feint yellow light, which heal wounds. The bed of flowers grow to 30cm in height, and are 300cm in radius. The bed of flowers is usually for when the user isnt around the target, otherwise its just one or two flowers. Can heal D-Tier wounds. (Taught by teacher)

Imalba’ Dame
Tier: C-Tier
Type: Supplementary
Range: Medium 9m
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have some sort of vegetaiton around them, or seeds. The user must chant a mantra and wave they’re wand in the direction of the vegetation or seed.
Scaling: Healing
Cool Down: 2 posts.
Cost: 20 Magoi
Description: The user uses their magic to order plants to grow, causing a large sunflower to arise and root into the ground, glowing at the center of the flower to form a cone with a area of 3444cm. Anyone caught in the light emitted by the flower begins to quickly heal. C-Tier healing. The height of the flower of 152cm, and it reaches straight up.(Taught by teacher)

Inrom Jekno
Type: Supplimentary
Range: Medium 10m
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have some sort of vegetation around them, or seeds. The user must chant a mantra and wave they’re wand in the direciton of the vegetation or seed.
Scaling: AoE
Cool Down: 1 post
Description: The user uses their magic to order the rapid growth of plants, causing wood to grow out and form a wall or barrier against attacks. D-Tier damage protection. (Taught by teacher)

John
Type: Offensive
Range: Medium 10m
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have some sort of vegetation around them or seeds. The user must chant a mantra and wave they’re wand in the direction of the vegetation or seed. The user needs a blood sample to perform the spell. The user must focus to keep the creature alive.
Scaling: ..
Cool Down: 1 post
Description: The user uses their magic to order the vegetation in the area to float towards them and fuse with the sample of blood, causing a fist sized creature with an eye, and four stubs for legs, and a small mouth with three teeth that do D-Tier damage. The creature lasts three turns without scaling or sustaining. (Developed personally)

Akbar Alhuu
Type: Offensive
Range: Medium 8m
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have some sort of vegetation aroun them or seeds. The user must chant a mantra and wave they’re wand in the direciton of the vegetation or seed.
Scaling: Damage
Cool Down: 1 post.
Description: The user uses their magic to order plants to grow at a rapid rate, creating one large, strong vine that reaches towards a foe to restrain them.

Last edited by Pigeon Ai* on 21/06/17, 10:29 pm; edited 5 times in total

2Ai's starter spells. Empty Re: Ai's starter spells. 21/06/17, 11:37 am

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Since I don't want to over bog you with information and grading. I'm going to go through this with you ability by ability. If you think you can fix the others using this grading, please feel free to do so.

You're free to name your spells whatever you'd like. We don't grade that part so you're alright. Unless it's offensive. Then that'll bring concern.

After skimming through your abilities, I would recommend that you read the ability system more thoroughly. However, if you need any assistance in understanding what is written, don't be afraid to ask.

For instance, I can only assume you don't really have a grasp on what scaling is. Which is fine! A lot of people were in the same boat as you were in terms of ability creation. We've all had mistakes and misunderstandings before. You should choose between the scaling options we have listed until you have a decent grasp on how to make abilities.

Imalba’ Faken

Range: After looking at this ability, I'm really unsure why this would be long range. I would consider lowering the range especially since this is a D tier ability.

Requirements | Drawbacks: "The drawback is that the user can only heal flesh wounds, up to C-Tier damage." This is a statement that isn't needed. All healing magic is relatively the same. Plus, "up to C Tier damage" should go in the description.

Scaling: You should simply place this here: "Healing: The tier of healing dealt will increase by one for every 10 magoi that is invested. (Caps at A-tier)"

You could place "Damage" scaling there as well since "Healing" is a sub type of that. Keep in mind, scaling isn't a flat tier. It is a mechanic that lets you raise the potency of your abilities in combat.

Description: You need to specify how large the bed of flowers is AND how much they heal for. Which as a D tier ability, they may only heal for D tier damage unless scaled.

"The bed of flowers is usually for when the user isnt around the target, otherwise its just one or two flowers."

I'm not sure what this means but I don't feel like it's needed unless it's just flavor text you wanted.

3Ai's starter spells. Empty Re: Ai's starter spells. 21/06/17, 02:03 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Imalba’ Faken

Description: Where it says:

"The bed of flowers grow to a foot in height."

You should convert it to metric as well. Instead of a foot, you would have it be 30 centimeters.

Like I told you in the Discord. You must specify the maximum distance within medium range that you can cast this spell.

Imalba’ Dame

Requirements | Drawbacks: "The drawback is that the target is immobilized while being healed."

I do not approve abilities like this for the most part because they may screw over another member. Since you're immobilizing them, you could accidentally compromise their safety when you're actually trying to help them. So, please remove this drawback.

Description: How large is the light emitted? Is it in a cone or a straight cylinder. Please remember to use metric measurements. We do not use imperial measurements here.

Inrom Jekno

Type: This would be Supplementary.

Scaling: Defense wouldn't really work on this type of ability. I would suggest AoE so you can scale it to be larger.

Description: How large is the wooden wall? How far can it be cast from the user? Specify that it will break if it is hit with D tier damage.

John

Type: This would be an Offensive ability.

Scaling: You need scaling on this ability. I would recommend Damage.

Description: Please specify the exact size of the creature and how much damage it deals. In this case, it'd be D tier damage.

Please also specify that if it is hit with D tier damage it will end prematurely. Even though it does last for three posts, it still can be destroyed.

Akbar Alhuu

Type: This would be an Offensive ability.

Scaling: Please change this to Damage.

Description: What does this vine do? Since it's a D tier ability you have to choose between some sort of binding or damage. You can't have both.

4Ai's starter spells. Empty Re: Ai's starter spells. 25/06/17, 03:20 pm

Pigeon Ai*

Pigeon Ai*
D-Tier
D-Tier

Trumpobumpo, could you tell me if its alright/whats wrong now?

5Ai's starter spells. Empty Re: Ai's starter spells. 25/06/17, 05:22 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

• General - You need to make sure you add a maximum casting distance to all of your spells, which we’ve asked you to do multiple times.

• Imalba’ Faken - I’m just wondering, but what exactly did you mean by the following sentence? “The bed of flowers is usually for when the user isnt around the target, otherwise its just one or two flowers” I’m just not entirely sure what this is supposed to mean/do for the spell. Also, please note that this bed of flowers will only be able to heal a single instance of damage per person that lays on it. It’ll heal D-Tier [Unless scaled] damage for only 1 post, then it’ll fade away. So you’re going to need to specify those factors somewhere in the ability.

• Imalba’ Dame - I’m not entirely sure what the others think, but I feel 3444cm is FAR too big for a simple C-Tier ability.

• Inrom Jenko - You need to specify how large this barrier is.

• John - I feel like you’re limiting yourself too hard on this ability. This is only a D-Tier spell, but you’ve got like four different restrictions to cast such a simple thing. Also, considering this is a D-Tier ability, it will only last for a single turn. Oh, and remember all abilities need some kind of scaling.

• Akbar Alhuu - You’re gonna need to specify how long this vine is. Also, please note that ANYONE with higher strength than D-Tier, can break out of it. (That is, unless you scale it, I suppose?)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum