Rufus' Starting Abilities

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Rufus' Starting Abilities 07/06/17, 04:54 pm

Twin Shot

Tier: C tier

Class: Ranger

Type: Offensive

Range:Medium

Requirements/Drawbacks: This ability can be utilised while running or standing still, however it needs the user to be able to reach for two arrows without anything hindering them. Due to this ability requiring the user to fire two arrows in succession, there will be a short pause between firing the arrow and knocking a new one.

Scaling: Damage

Sustain: 0

Cool Down: 1 post

Cost: 10 stamina

Description: 

The user fires two arrows in rapid succession, each dealing D tier damage separately, for C tier damage in total. The manner of this shot introduces a large chance of inaccuracy, as it is designed to monopolise on the number of arrows fired and the strength of them at a closer range of 10m or so, rather than an accurate shot at a longer distance.

Calming Prayer

Tier: D tier

Class: -

Type: Supplementary

Range: Ranger/Assassin

Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have enough time to concentrate and meditate/pray on their chosen subject, any damage taken during this time will disrupt their focus.

Scaling: AoE

Description: 

The user breathes in slowly focusing on a specific subject, increasing their mental state. Upon opening their eyes, their concentration has been honed to a level that they can achieve certain effects. This heightens the senses and allows the user to identify any disguises being used which are the same tier as the ability, and sense other people, within a 5m radius of the user.

Eagle Eyed

Tier: D tier

Type: Offensive

Range: Long

Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must be able to focus on their target alone, meaning their concentration will be broken by an attack from a place other than the one targeted.

Scaling: Damage

Cost: 20 stamina

Description: 

The user knocks an arrow and analyses their prey’s movements, giving them a clear indication of their location and direction. This shot is intended as to take out a target from a distance of 15m or lower.

Blade Catcher

Type: Defensive

Range: Close

Requirements/Drawbacks: The user can only block a close combat attack using this, a such is susceptible to a long range attack that is used at the same time as this block, there will be no way to dodge it.

Scaling: Guard/Higher tier attacks can be guarded against for an additional 10 Stamina per tier above.

Cool Down: 2 posts

Cost: 15 stamina

Description: 

Holding the bow in front of their body, the user catches an incoming blade in the grooves of the bow. With the blade successfully trapped, they twist the bow sharply, disconnecting the two weapons. By jumping backwards just after twisting, the user utilises the force exerted by that rotation to put extra distance of 2m between the target and the user.

Decoy Arrow

Type: Supplementary 

Range: Long 

Requirements/Drawbacks: If the user has already engaged their prey, or has been noticed by them, this ability becomes redundant.

Scaling: Range

Cool Down: 2 posts 

Description: 

Having knocked an arrow, the user fires an arrow into a different location, within 10m of the user, as a lure. The intent is to strike an object so as to generate a loud noise and distract attention while the user flees.

Last edited by LouisF on 09/06/17, 01:33 pm; edited 5 times in total

2Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 07/06/17, 09:20 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

These aren't bad abilities but there are some things you could work on/know.

First of all, you need to state the damage your offensive abilities cause

You also need to specify the max distance the arrow (or arrows) can go if applicable.

Drawbacks aren't required but requirements are. These need to be as detailed as you can make them.

Threefold Shot

• D-Tier abilities can not have multiple hits.

Calming Prayer

• I feel you play a lot of RPG games lol. I also feel like you've never roleplayed on a site like Magi. That doesn't mean anything bad - hell, this is the first (and only) site based upon logic that I've roleplayed on. What I'm saying is, your abilities are very RPG-like, especially this one. See, abilities are supposed to skill you've mastered and perfected. Whether you miss or not is honestly up to the other character's player. But you wouldn't miss just because you can't aim; you'd miss because characters can dodge pft. Well, I mean, I guess your character could miss on purpose (or you make your character miss) but... My point is, these are supposed to be things you've mastered.

So pretty much what I'm trying to say is that this ability is useless. We don't have a disguising system or anything like that and D-Tier abilities, according to the Ability System are 'more practiced and honed' but otherwise basic actions. And anyway, abilities are supposed to pertain to your class(es).

Blade Catcher

• Just so you know, only Warriors can parry ^^

3Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 08/06/17, 08:12 am

What sort of abilities would an archer have, then?

4Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 08/06/17, 08:36 am

But, I thought there was a disguise system, like with assassins and stuff.

5Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 08/06/17, 01:36 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

The biggest thing is that this site is based all on logic. We do bend the rules of reality a bit since this is an animanga site, but it is mainly all about logic. I know most sites are rather stat based so a site like Magi is usually an unfamiliar concept for most people.

But anyway, this means we really only have the tier shit for the stuff that is actually necessary (damage, to determine magoi/stamina, and level of training). Other than that, it's all on how the players write. On a site like this one, the way you word things in RPs is extremely important.

I'm not exactly sure where you're getting the idea we have any "disguising" system. This is the summary for assassins.
Quote from the Class Page:

I've never had the Ranger class so I can't really help you too much. The best I can do for you is direct you to the only Rangers on the site. Zadi has all of his Ranger abilities here. https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t3790-zadi#45955
Don't copy directly from them, of course, but it will probably give you an idea of what Rangers can do. Something I've noted most is that our two Rangers on the site (Voda and Zadi) seem to portray Rangers as sort of hunters. Which makes sense seeing as Rangers are probably closer to our modern infantrymen.

With that in mind, I guess I'm fine with the concept overall of Calming Prayer but you'll need to tweak the function for it to be useful. Allowing it to heighten your senses is a good idea. However, I'd recommend changing its function to something a little more practical. By that, I mean I've never seen anyone use a disguise on the site so making it exclusively for disguises isn't utilizing it to the most of the potential of this ability. I recommend allowing it to just increase your senses over a specific range (for D-Tier, probably 5m).

6Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 08/06/17, 04:01 pm

I've tweaked my skills abit, but still trying to change Blade Catcher into a more viable option. Should I just just replace it with a new skill?

7Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 08/06/17, 04:30 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh Threefold Shot

• So... does one arrow deal C-Tier damage and the rest miss? Or does two arrows deal C-Tier damage (D-Tier damage per arrow) and the last one miss?

Eagle Eyed

• I'm pretty sure you could make this 15m if you wanted to. Just pointing the option out ^^

Blade Catcher

• Firstly, I recommend you use the word "block" instead of parry since Rangers can't parry.

• D-Tier abilities can not be more than one type. Currently, this ability is more of a Defensive/Offensive ability because of the twist causing pain. You can either keep the Threefold Shot as a C-Tier ability and remove the twisting action on this ability or make this a C-Tier ability and downgrade the Threefold Shot to D-Tier.

8Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 09/06/17, 02:35 am

Should I change Threefold Shot, and turn it into a Twin Shot with two D tier damage arrows for a total of C tier if both hit?

9Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 09/06/17, 02:58 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

That works.

Blade Catcher - I'm gonna nerf that distance down to 2m. I'm not exactly sure how the hell the action of twisting would be strong enough to carry you 15 feet the other direction.

10Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 09/06/17, 06:23 am

Oh, sorry, I meant to put 5m! Anyway, I'll change it to the 2m you wanted.

11Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 09/06/17, 08:28 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

For your question about the Threefold Shot, I would say that is a good idea to turn it into Twin Shot.

12Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 09/06/17, 10:31 am

Made the change, is it fine?

13Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 09/06/17, 01:17 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Twin Shot

• Drawbacks aren't required but requirements are. Please make sure add in one.

• Why not just make this 15m? I mean, you could always shoot from 5m distance but if the need arises this would allow you to shoot further.

14Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 09/06/17, 01:34 pm

That good? I changed Twin Shot to 10m, not 15m, as it is supposed to be a less accurate medium range shot.

15Rufus' Starting Abilities Empty Re: Rufus' Starting Abilities 09/06/17, 05:51 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved

Code:
[center][b]Twin Shot[/b][/center]

[b]Tier:[/b] C tier

[b]Class:[/b] Ranger

[b]Type:[/b] Offensive

[b]Range:[/b]Medium

[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] This ability can be utilised while running or standing still, however it needs the user to be able to reach for two arrows without anything hindering them. Due to this ability requiring the user to fire two arrows in succession, there will be a short pause between firing the arrow and knocking a new one.

[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage

[b]Sustain:[/b] 0

[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 post

[b]Cost:[/b] 10 stamina

[b]Description:[/b] 
[list]
The user fires two arrows in rapid succession, each dealing D tier damage separately, for C tier damage in total. The manner of this shot introduces a large chance of inaccuracy, as it is designed to monopolise on the number of arrows fired and the strength of them at a closer range of 10m or so, rather than an accurate shot at a longer distance.[/list]

[center][b]Calming Prayer[/b][/center]

[b]Tier:[/b] D tier

[b]Class:[/b] -

[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary

[b]Range:[/b] Ranger/Assassin

[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must have enough time to concentrate and meditate/pray on their chosen subject, any damage taken during this time will disrupt their focus.

[b]Scaling:[/b] AoE

[list]
The user breathes in slowly focusing on a specific subject, increasing their mental state. Upon opening their eyes, their concentration has been honed to a level that they can achieve certain effects. This heightens the senses and allows the user to identify any disguises being used which are the same tier as the ability, and sense other people, within a 5m radius of the user.[/list]

[center][b]Eagle Eyed[/b][/center]

[b]Tier:[/b] D tier

[b]Type:[/b] Offensive

[b]Range:[/b] Long

[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must be able to focus on their target alone, meaning their concentration will be broken by an attack from a place other than the one targeted.

[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage

[b]Cost:[/b] 20 stamina

[list]
The user knocks an arrow and analyses their prey’s movements, giving them a clear indication of their location and direction. This shot is intended as to take out a target from a distance of 15m or lower.[/list]

[center][b]Blade Catcher[/b][/center]

[b]Type:[/b] Defensive

[b]Range:[/b] Close

[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user can only block a close combat attack using this, a such is susceptible to a long range attack that is used at the same time as this block, there will be no way to dodge it.

[b]Scaling:[/b] Guard/Higher tier attacks can be guarded against for an additional 10 Stamina per tier above.

[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts

[b]Cost:[/b] 15 stamina

[list]
 Holding the bow in front of their body, the user catches an incoming blade in the grooves of the bow. With the blade successfully trapped, they twist the bow sharply, disconnecting the two weapons. By jumping backwards just after twisting, the user utilises the force exerted by that rotation to put extra distance of 2m between the target and the user.[/list]

[center][b]Decoy Arrow[/b][/center]

[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary 

[b]Range:[/b] Long 

[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] If the user has already engaged their prey, or has been noticed by them, this ability becomes redundant.

[b]Scaling:[/b] Range

[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts 

[list]
 Having knocked an arrow, the user fires an arrow into a different location, within 10m of the user, as a lure. The intent is to strike an object so as to generate a loud noise and distract attention while the user flees. [/list]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum