Chimera's Dominion [Chimera & Zadi]

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zadi's skills as a detective needed some fine tuning as he was unable to recall just how many rooms there where within his previous dungeon encounters. However, Zadi's subconscious must have deduced that another portal from within a third room that looked nothing like the exiting portal from the previous three dungeons' final rooms was a portal to the final room. Again though, Zadi was tired from this dungeon. His borg was dented and his magoi was drained. He even blacked out during the fight again the spriggan and root hounds. However, Zadi wasn't done using magic in this dungeon. He lifted up Chimera and himself using the Social Group Gravity Lift that he had used at the beginning of this dungeon. Not only is Chimera tired of walking and running, so is Zadi.

While flying by the 'stupidly relaxed' animals, Zadi thought about using his Wildman Charm in order to get some information out of the little critters. However, upon further inspection of the creatures, they seemed too enthralled by their predator-free living situation to answer a legitimate question about their all-too-peaceful home. In fact, Zadi became suspicious that these beings aren't all that they make themselves out to be. Perhaps THEY were the predators in this habitat. Perhaps THEY are the source of utter turmoil in this dungeon? Up to this point, the challenges were somewhat 'basic' by Zadi's standards. Pretty much just negotiation and battle, more or less. Not as though the pair of dungeoneers were tasked with solving a riddle up to this point...right?

As the pair levitated a foot off the ground at 5 m/s towards the light behind the tree, Zadi kept his caution high so as to prepare for oncoming danger. His sense of caution may be rhyming, "everything is alright, these creatures won't bite~", yet his paranoia was yelling, "these creatures will rip your face off and feed it to you out of amusement!" Which one was right? Only time could tell...as usual.

Spell(s):

90 magoi/stamina

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Zadi lead Chimera around the corner of the tree with his flight spell they would be assaulted by a golden light of the place's riches. As their eyesight adjusted, they would see mountains of gold and impressive looking weaponry, jewelry and accessories. As if taking on the life of the treasure, there was a field of golden flowers that grew all about the tree on this side, all the way up to the gold itself. There was enough funds here to give any person the ability to retire and live a high-class life. There seemed to have been some disturbing of the room from the past; clues and tell-tale signs of others having been here before them.  A mystery presented itself as the following; if there were others who had gotten here before, why didn't they take more of the treasures? Or perhaps they did, and this is what remained?

Either way, Zadi's experience with dungeons in the past allowed him the luxury of knowing that the most important thing within this dungeon had not yet been taken. The Djinn. When a Djinn left the dungeon, those within it were transported back to the real world and the corresponding portal that once existed would no longer be there when they returned. There was another mystery that was brought to the forefront of the scene. Where was the Djinn?

This was not a mystery for long. A pair of arrows shot down from above, flying past them at an incredible rate and striking the ground before them. The sudden onset of battle caused Zadi to lose his control on his flight, bringing them down to the ground. From the holes left by the arrows grew two blood-red roses with thorns that seemed unimaginably sharp. Above them there was a woman covered in plant growth as if she wore a gown of nature.

Chimera's Dominion [Chimera & Zadi] - Page 3 VytMssY

There was no scorn or hate upon her person, simply a serene visage that conveyed a delicate readiness. There were two more arrows notched upon the bow, aimed at both Zadi and Chimera as the woman jumped to the ground from the branches that were impossibly high. Her adjustments in mid-air showed her skill in handling a bow, as the sightings of the arrowheads never left Chimera or Zadi.

When she hit the ground, landing upon her feet, a large burst of pollen shot up as if her weight and landing had displaced a great deal of the flora. Yet a pulsation of magoi from the being before them would sweep across that flowerbed, and it would be as if she had never disturbed it in the first place. "I am Buer, and you two now find yourselves within my home. Tell me, what brought you to this place?" The arrows were still knocked, and the woman seemed intent to hear their words.

OOC:

Opposition..?!:

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

The little creatures stayed away and continued to be peaceful in nature. There didn't seem to be anything odd about them aside from their carefree attitude. Zadi's mind felt a little at ease until he saw the source of the bright light from behind the tree; piles and piles of wealth were stacked high with flowers that looked equally wealthy, as if their nutrients is the wealth. Quite an impressive sight, but Zadi tried to concentrate of the flow of rukh towards a specific object. The sight of a bloodbath stirred Zadi a little which kept his find focused on the task at hand.

"The Djinn's object, the one in which it resides, should be around here somewh- UH!?"

Zadi was interrupted as two arrows were shot and while Zadi's levitation was canceled. Thankfully Chimera and Zadi were only a foot off the ground, not enough to injure unless already injured. Zadi looked towards the source of the arrows and noticed a blue-skinned being with clothes made of twigs, vines, leaves, and bark. A wild look for such a fair skinned beauty which ended up being contrast to her pure skill in archery. Arrows were notched which kept pointing towards the pair of dungeoneers, even while flipping off the high branch from which the figure fell. It seemed impossibly high for anything to survive without injury so Zadi could tell what this thing was being it saying anything!

Must be the Djinn. Blue skin. Obvious Power. Attire matching the surroundings. DO WE HAVE TO ACTUALLY FIGHT HER!?!? Better get mentally prepared to use Vassago.

Zadi did not look calm thinking that the Djinn was 'the final trial' of this dungeon. Not only was there an extra room, the creatures within this dungeon were smart and tough all around. This was one ridiculous dungeon! However, Zadi's mind became a little more calm as Buer, the Djinn, started to speak, asking a question. Zadi felt the need to talk first because his reason may not be the greatest...or the most detailed;

"Uh...power and wealth? Yeah, rather typical. Though so far, this ring I have here seems to be powerful and so the wealth over there is most likely my final objective."

Zadi pointed to the appropriate objects when mentioning them. He made relatively slow movements in order to keep his guard tight. Who knows what Buer might do after everyone has answered!?

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Staring in awe of the golden flowers, remembering the golden bear statues from when they first entered the dungeon, making the deliberate choice of not taking them. Chimera braced herself as she saw the flowers snap into the ground, and quickly went into free fall. Fortunately, they weren't far from the ground, and she plopped onto the ground, disturbing the flowerbed, as the pollen spread as a mist into the air, settling in moments.

Chimera got into her feet, now her eyes searching for the source of the arrows. These arrows were just as strong as Lexi's but the woman was able to shoot out 4 arrows. The difference in power was easy to measure, and even Lexiara was too much for her to handle. Then the following act showed just how easy it was for the djinn, perhaps she was still holding back more of her power.

Then the woman revealed her named. Now that she was closer and could see her attire, she looked quite beautiful. A woman of nature, Buer. "Buer, I'm Chimera. I only know of dungeons as I have heard of them in hearsay, rumors and stories. That the men who conquer them are destined to become kings with great power. That power... I need it. When I was younger, a man purchased me and changed me. He had done things to me, that I haven't heard other people do to one another. The most heinous crimes of Helio seem to pale in comparison to the atrocities I have suffere-"

Chimera winced and let out a small groan of pain as she had a flashback of the incident. Being strapped down to a table, her nostrils were filled with the scent of blood of the last meal she had eaten and her lips glazed over with old and caked blood. She was partially unconscious as she could feel her leg being cut open and operated on. Her own bones being removed and replaced with similar ones, not belonging to that of a human, only sustained by life magic.

Chimera cleared her throat, "I want this power. I have heard rumors that the ruler of the dungeon wanted someone who was lived for the land and knew the law of the jungle. That isn't really me..." Chimera begrudged perhaps giving up her chance with the djinn. "But I'm willing to sacrifice what I must."

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Buer listened to Zadi speaking, as he was the one who had offered up his reasoning first. The human was straightforward while talking to her, though his reasons were less than what she expected.

Buer listened to Chimera's words intently. She closed her eyes, letting out a held breath that was assisting her in the steadying of her bow. As the breath was released, she allowed her bow to point towards the ground, and removed the arrows that were once held in the ready position, returning them to their quiver. "I see. Now, allow me to ask you a few things, so that I might better understand those who have come looking for my power... Why did you not steal from the bears? Why were the pixies killed in that magical attack, and why didn't you finish the rest when they seemed to block your way? Lastly, what was your reason for fighting the Spriggan and the Root Hounds?" These were the last questions Buer was going to ask of the two, before making her final judgement based on what she would then know.

As she asked the questions, she was neutral in her tone. Those who were knowledgeable of the nuances of a person's face while talking (both Chimera and Zadi, in this case, for their work with people required them to be able to understand others) could tell she was holding something back. These questions were tests, which the answer of which could cause a shift in her attitude towards them. Perhaps the most important factor was how much she actually knew about their travels thus far.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Chimera now realized the time for combat had passed, and would only take the time to answer the djinn's questions to the utmost honesty. The questions were quite simple, but they would have usually required a touch of tact to answer for the sensibilities of the average man, but to a divine being such as Buer, perhaps such things would only muddle her true intentions.

"I knew not to steal from the bears since I was certain it was a test, even before my companion had mediated the terms of our passing. However, I do regret killing the pixies. I had intended on sparing even the mantis men, but they were clearly past reason. I killed the pixies with my inexperience, I have never wielded any sort of magic tool before and I had only aimed to get rid of the remaining mantis, but the tools power exceeded my knowledge and expertise, which also answers my follow up questions. It was never my intention to kill any of them."

Chimera eyes focused on Buer's as she stood quietly for a moment, thinking of the best way to phrase the final question. "Before I answer the last question, I must give you some foundation. My companion has a tool to speak with foreign beasts, and has seemed pretty keen on using it. He had mediated with the bears, he attempted with the mantis, and he spoke with the pixies. Zadi has tried to spare us from as many battles as possible it seems. However, when Zadi and I met with the.... 'Spriggan' was it?" She recalled the aberration of roots that formed the semblance of a man, quite powerful. "Zadi, who had typically reserved himself to diplomacy, had committed to fighting, thankfully so. Therefore, I knew we must fight because I trusted in my ally. I can't imagine that we would have survived if we had let the ent and its hounds had taken the initiative."

She was always purposeful in her actions and decisions. Hopefully now that she explained herself, the djinn would see her own perspective in a better light.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Chimera and Zadi seemed to have sufficiently answered the first question that Buer threw at the pair, but that didn't stop the tension in the air, even as the bow lowered. The tension stayed for Zadi knowing that Buer still hadn't made up her mind about the two dungeoneers. When asking her next set of questions, Zadi could tell that Buer was unable to read thoughts. Why ask when you already know? Aside from honesty being key, there was not obvious reason to ask these questions with a neutral tone aside from the lack of information. Therefore, Zadi could tell that Buer knew half of what the two were thinking. Their actions being that very half, the other needed to be distinguished through the answers that Chimera and Zadi gave next. Chimera, for instance, made good on her part. Zadi liked the answers. However, now was Zadi's turn. Hopefully he wouldn't screw up with his tone and body language. Truth is key, but conveying it is difficult when tension is thick.

"As Chimera said, I have this charm here that allows me to communicate with foreign species as if them and I are speaking, hearing, and sometimes even seeing the same language. With that in mind and the bears not completely hostile, the two of us communicated and I found out that the bears treasured the golden figures. As a developing civilization, I thought it would be rude to steal. I also didn't wish to engage in combat, hehe."

"As for the pixies, Chimera explained it best from her view. I could also tell that she was putting her all into defeating the unreasonable mantis people. As the pixies were an accidental casualty, I felt it would be cruel to kill the rest as they didn't pose a direct threat. Thankfully they could, like the bears, be reasoned with and so didn't necessarily block our path."

"Your last question is difficult to answer, or at least tough to explain. From the previous experiences between the bear, mantis, and pixie people, I could tell that the root hounds were unwilling to reason. With the 'Spriggan' being the root hounds' master, as it seemed, I could further tell that reasoning was not possible. Sometimes battle is the only way to communicate feelings, though the Spriggan's continued onslaught didn't yield any positive communication either. At least not from our perspective."

Zadi talked a WHOLE lot with only small pauses in order to catch his breath. Zadi's body language attempted to stay neutral while his tone was monotone with a sprinkle of inflection defending on if the topic was lighthearted such as the mediation with the bears. However, body language and tone aside, hopefully Zadi's actual answer was 'good enough'.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Buer looked upon Chimera and Zadi in turn as they spoke, taking in their words. "I see. So you acted under the idea that you were being tested... While it feels a bit weird to hear that, this means that you have a decent amount of self control. And the honesty of your aims and what you did seem refreshing." The Djinn creaked her neck left and right, staring at Chimera for a small period of time with a look of contemplation. She spoke, revealing a shocking truth. "To be honest, I intended on kicking you out of my dungeon. You killed one of the Pixies, who did not show hostility towards you... Then you also concealed who had done the killing when the remaining pixies asked why it happened..."

Waving her hand towards her left, a rush of magoi and energy created a powerful orb. The field oozed the pressure of power. "Since you are already struggling to control the power you have recently gained, I do not believe it is appropriate to entrust my full strength to you. However, you mentioned sacrifice... Entering this magical field will temporarily disable your new tool. But in exchange, you will receive a new strength. One of the forest, though you will no longer be able to appear as a human any longer. Money is considered a form of power as well; you have my blessings to grab a bag or two. The choices are yours to make." She would wait for the two to make their decisions, and would then release a wave of power when they began gathering some of the gold; she would not let them take it all, afterall.

The wave of power enveloped the entire floor and entered their bodies, followed by their minds. It clouded their actions in the dungeon; only a few vague things could be recalled, such as them being in the forest and passing through challenges. While they failed to get the Djinn at the end, they were able to gather something for their efforts.

And Zadi was still able to recall the Torran texts he had seen on the walls.

OOC:

This is the last post. Please make your exit post. As mentioned in the post, you will not have a solid recollection of what took place within the dungeon with the exception of the acts of obtaining anything from the dungeon (including; the sights of the Torran words that Zadi came across, the gold, the ring Zadi has and the Dungeon Beast xform if Chimera chooses it).

If you guys pick up some gold, make sure to let me know OOC if you pay the taxes to the Balbadd government or not. I will not reward a player unless they say whether or not they are avoiding the payment of taxes. It does not cost you OOC Huang. There will be a 50k Huang reward for making it to the Chamber.

-Warning. Choosing one of the following will restrict you from using the item you bought from Zadi until you are at 3070 XP; 1000 xp from the time of this post-
Chimera, you are approved to obtain the Dungeon Beast form of this dungeon. You may choose one of the following:

Dungeon-Beast Transformations

• Winged Being

• Perks:

• The player obtains a pair of wings, which provide the function to fly at 10 m/s.
      • The player loses disadvantages of their prior race.
      • The player may register 1 ability using the Intelligence guidelines based off of the theme of the dungeon. This ability takes up a secondary specialization ability slot, and follows the tier restrictions of that specialization.

• Downsides:

• The player can only jog at 3 m/s, run at 5 m/s and sprint at 7 m/s.
      • Face-claim must resemble whatever beast is being used.
      • The player loses advantages of their prior race.

• Spriggan

• Perks:

• Missing limbs may be 'grown' back in the same manner that one would 'repair' a weapon.
      • A blow that would normally be fatal, such as a stab to the heart, would not be considered fatal. Except for the disadvantage listed below, the only way to completely kill a Spriggan is to bisect their head.
      • Loses all disadvantages of the prior race.

• Downsides:

• Must have the face-claim of a Spriggan.
      • Fire attacks, if they strike the Spriggan, are considered 1 tier stronger and automatically gain the 'burn' status effect of the same tier. B-Tier and higher burns deal C-tier damage instead of D-Tier, and spread .5 meters in all directions of the body. This may kill a Spriggan.
      • Loses all advantages of the prior race.

Farid Issah

Farid Issah
β-Tier
β-Tier

Chimera smirked as she heard the djinn's own brand of honesty. It was unfortunate that her lack of knowledge of her item was the reason for her failure. Despite wanting to obtain the djinn, perhaps this new strength would be better suited to her. Chimera wasn't one to have empty words, she knew the sacrifice would come with the bonus of new found power. Perhaps the sacrifice could be turned into a positive.

She stepped into the portal, as she felt the magic of the portal permeate through her powers altering her body  in an unimaginable way. The flowers beneath her grew in the aura of the magic, and wrapped around her ankles, as her body began to grow into a sort of amalgamation of nature; vines, bark, and flowers. Chimera looked to her palms, which were literally layered leaves, still having few distinct lines from how the leaves overlapped. Turning her forearms and wrist, seeing a layer of bark to protect her skin. Her senses remained intact such as hearing, sight and touch. Her new hands ran through her once silky hair, only to feel the roughness of her new hair. It was definitely wooden, but had a bit of leeway. Segmented vines, covered in bark.

She looked down her body, and noticed that her bosom filled out a lot more. After she was done being distracted by the resemblance of cleavage she noticed the outline of bark that contoured her body. It traced her spine, and covered her collar bone, lining down her chest, and beneath her ample breasts. Covering her abdomen, and lining her legs and joints, with a lot of leafy texture for her skin.

Chimera was interested in taking a gander at her face, but it would have to wait. She bowed to the djinn as she went to pick a bag of gold. She wanted to remember the situation, but she didn't have a writing utensil, perhaps she could use her body manipulation abilities. However, cheating Buer with written information seemed a bit unfair, but it was something to keep in mind for next time.

As she grabbed a bag of money, Buer's magic has teleported her out of the dungeon, with money in hand. She was a new person and vaguely recalled a few things of the dungeon, but she wanted to make sure to pay her taxes on the gold her had earned so she could keep her future with Balbaad intact.

OOC: Taking Spriggan. Paying taxes. Magic tool is sealed. Exitting.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

The djinn was honest about her opinion concerning Chimera and Zadi. Zadi felt rather disheartened and frustrated that such a slip-up could have caused the two of them to be kicked out prematurely. Zadi thought about what HE could have done aside from 'not lying'. Perhaps not given Chimera the Light Bomb without testing it out himself? Worst of all, Zadi didn't know how to use it. His lack of interest in such a weak offensive item garnered him negative results. Thankfully, he learned from this and decided to test out tools before giving them away to another person. All the same though, the djinn was nice enough to let Zadi and Chimera not only live, but granted them more power. For Zadi, that meant money. For Chimera, power meant her strange new transformation. Something that Zadi hadn't seen before surprised and interested him greatly. She look like a feminine Spriggan...very feminine.

In the end, Zadi just took a bag of gold, left the dungeon with Chimera, and payed the taxes towards "Balbadd" knowing that said funds would inevitably be gambled away and "given" to the proper Balbadd in the future. Balbadd got "its" money, one way or another.

OOC: Paying taxes. Exiting.

[EXIT]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum