You are not connected. Please login or register

Imuchakk Water Breathing too weak

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kirby

Kirby
D-Tier
D-Tier

This has been on my mind for some time now. I note that a normal person can hold their breath for 2 posts, and an Imuchakk can hold their breath for 4. I understand, in a way, that some people are concerned about the strength behind an Imuchakk who can use water magic and be able to hold their breath nearly indefinitely, but I believe that concern is bottle-necking some really fun possibilities.

Imuchakk are known for their ability to hold their breath underwater for an hour canonically. This means that they could potentially do entire RPs underwater.

A team of 2 Imuchakks can be the ace members of a salvaging company that lifts sunken ships out from under the water.

A group of Imuchakks and Humans can take on missions like 'Protect the Ship from the Kraken', and have the humans on deck taking out tentacles while the Imuchakks go underwater and take out the beast directly.

Or have an underwater exploration RP with the Imuchakks finding ancient an ancient Toran ruins that due to natural disasters somehow sunk beneath the sea.

Really cool opportunities out there, and I suppose *technically* you could RP this out in 1 or 2 posts, but I believe that with humans having a 2 post limit for breath holding, an Imuchakk should be able to hold theirs for 4-5 times that amount of time. Therefore, I believe Imuchakk's should be able to hold their breath for 8-10 posts.

Another member was telling me that the opportunity to use the ability really didn't come up too often. Hopefully me throwing these ideas out there will inspire some of our Imuchakks to consider these types of jobs, even if the post amount doesn't change. Like what was mentioned before, I'm sure many such jobs could be completed in 1 or 2 posts.

Diligence

Diligence
A-Tier
A-Tier

This is why you can't bring all that in rp. There is no way to accurately calculate how much time passes in a thread without specifically stating it. In all honesty 5 pages of rp could be 30 minutes for all anyone knows.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

The limitation is there to prevent Imuchakk from simply staying underwater indefinitely. You'll just have to rp out any underwater scenes within the four posts before going for air.

This will not be changed for balance purposes. If a writer can't figure out how to fight a kraken or do a deep sea diving mission under these limitations then they simply lack creativity. It's not like it truly prevents them from doing threads of that nature.

Kirby

Kirby
D-Tier
D-Tier

Yea, that makes sense and I can get behind it. Well, heres to those Imuchakk; I hope you guys can take some jobs from this topic and implement them if you want to use that super fun underwater stuff :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum