You are not connected. Please login or register

Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] Empty Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] 23/07/22, 12:41 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Name: Meetings of minds
Job Rank: B-tier
Job Location: Riem
Job Reward: 20% NoM Percent
Job Prerequisites: Be Zion, start off with a post to meet Jiryu
Job Overview: Zion has to meet with Jiryu, the magi. Upon discussing with him she is informed of
The Archeological Society in Riem who have accessto magic tools that were made from magno and
distributed in Riem from businesses related to Aggripica and his master. The representative is a woman
Cornelia who specializes particularly in magic items both of the past and present. Look and examine
these items to learn about their connections to magno and how they work.

It was another day at Magical Miracles and Zion moved about the workshop undaunted by his lack of economic success. Were it not for the income of his gladiator matches it would become impossible to maintain the workshop. After all, the storefront was rented and the raw materials for his creations could not always be harvested personally nor did Zion have the spare freedom for such work for the materials that could be gathered by hand. Despite these limitations Zion continued to draw design after designs looking for the next product that would let him have a big breakthrough! He wanted to make a mark on the Reiman market and establish himself as an alternative to the stolen designs being sent over by Magnostadt. But his time in Reim was fast running out and so Zion was beginning to worry if he might fail his ambitious magic tool related goals.

After the events of a dungeon Zion had chosen to stop living in hiding and so he no longer wore the elaborate bandages or low hanging hoods to hide his appearance from the world. The beautiful silver haired youth dressed in blue and white robes of Kou style and wore his hair long kept out of the face by an exquisite crystal pin. The Koval name was now being proudly stamped on each of his finished works. Though the Trickster Foxspirit still hid his fox-like features. The ears being replaced with human ones and the tails shrinking away as though they were never there. He didn't want to distract or startle away customers after all. It was in this casual day to day work that Zion failed to noticed a sudden swell throughout the rukh. A wave of approaching excitement and joy!

WC: 292/1500

Trait:

2Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] Empty Re: Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] 29/07/22, 10:33 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The door to Magical Miracle would open as the magi known as Jiryu would enter the magic item shop. The magi would look around with a sense of wonderment upon his face, looking at each item with great interest. "I always admire seeing a craftsman that takes such care in the creations that they bring to life."

The magician would look towards the shop owner before speaking once more, "I have been paying close attention to your path while you have been in this nation my dear Sword King. I specifically have taken interest in this magic item trade that you have found yourself in." He was talking about the magic tools from magno that were being sold here in Riem through people that Zion has frequently encountered recently.

"I would suggest going to see Lady Cornelia of the Reim Archeological Society. She specializes in magic tools and I know that she happens to have her hands on a a few of those magic tools from your acquaintance Aggripica. If you go to her she could help you learn more about those items and perhaps how to even recreate them for yourself." This may sound like something small but the magi knew that this was something that could snowball into something on a much grander scale. If he could handle what was to come as he goes down this path then the world was sure to be better for it.[/color]

3Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] Empty Re: Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] 07/08/22, 03:23 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The hammer in Zion's hand paused and he looked over with beaming joy at the arrival of what he thought was a customer. Business had begun to move but only at a crawling pace. Eager for a chance to fulfill and order and further spread the reputation of his shop, Zion dropped what he was working on and hurried through the gap in the counter to receive his guest. "Welcome to Magical Miracles, a place where I can build or craft anything your mind could imagine!" Soaring enthusiasm filled the practiced line but it trailed off at the end slightly as Zion properly took in the stranger. An ethereal enigma. As the man looked around and commented on the display wares Zion watched as the rukh followed dancing in excitement. After meeting Ren, Zion knew that this was the sign of a Magi's presence.

Normally he would have blushed with pride at Jiryu's kind words but he was too stunned to feel at the moment. Was this unassuming building he purchased for the shop actually some kind of Magi magnet? This was the second time in just a few weeks! Most would go entire lifetimes without meeting a Magi once! The mysterious Magi then looked at Zion and began to speak. To say they were conversing would be wrong. The man told of how he had been observing Zion and even gave him a lead to follow on the magic tool trades corruption within Reim that had been sent over from Magnostadt. He'd been on the trail of these magic tools for months but somehow they eluded him up till now. After a pause of stunned silence Zion processed it all and smiled at the Magi.

"To receive kind words and helpful advice from a Magi, it is my pleasure. Swordking is just an alias, my name is Zion Koval."

Though Zion kept his fox ears and tails hidden he still made it a point to introduce himself to the magi properly with a respectful bow. "May I ask for honored magi's name?" The magician rose his head from the bow expectantly. He had stuck up a friendship with Ren, he hoped the same could be done here. There was much he would like to speak about with such a person, but since the magi had not taken initiative to reveal their identity he knew he must maintain a certain distance and respect first.

WC: 696/1500

4Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] Empty Re: Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] 11/08/22, 07:14 pm

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The magi would nod as Zion mentioned his actual name. Of course the Magi had known his name and who he really was but there was not much point in mentioning that. He would look surprised for a few moments before recovering, how could he forget t introduce himself at a time like this,

"Apologies about that, I am Jiryu who is what you would call a magi. I woul;d love to continue this conversation but i have a schedule to keep. People to see, experiences to have. I must bid you farewell" with this the Magi would turn, heading out the door that he came through.

5Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] Empty Re: Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] 15/10/22, 08:16 am

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The silver haired doll was baffled by the sudden exit of the magi, but careful not to offend he still clasped his fist and bowed his head respectfully. "Very well then, Mr. Jiryu. Thank you for the information and I wish you safe travels." Zion said to the magi as he departed. Only when the door to his shop close did the magician relax and rose his head with a sigh. It seemed like meeting Magi in real life as opposed to reading about them continued to fly in the face of what he knew about these beings so loved by the rukh. But it would do him no good to chase after the great magician for answers. Though Zion disliked the vague feeling that we was being manipulated by strings unseen he still followed Jiryu's suggestion and headed for the Reim Archeological society to meet Lady Cornelia.

The shop wasn't getting much traffic anyways, so Zion closed up and departed with his Wanderer's Cloak draped over himself. The Trickster Foxspirit used his powers casually and hid only his tails and fox ears to take on a more human appearance. This could hardly be considered a disguise however as his long silver locks could be seen ever with his hood up. This signature look was recognized by coliseum regulars everywhere the young Koval magician went. "Look, it's Swordking!" Many such exclamations and whispers accompanied pointing. It was uncomfortable but Zion endured it in silence until one fan with a slight limp stepped forward a bit and shouted from across a road.

"Swordking! When are you going to fight again? I'm looking forward to your next match!"

The shout stopped Zion in his tracks and placed a bitter smile on his face. "Not for a while, I'm afraid. I've started a magic tool business and it keeps me quite busy. I have an errand to run today, but please stop by Magical Miracles for a free consultation. I'm sure I can help you find the best magic tool for you." As Zion spot his smile became more refined into a polite customer service attempt as he shamelessly advertised his business in response to the man's question.

"M-Magic tool? No way, I couldn't afford some crazy weapon! What would I even use it for? I'm a farmer!"

The fan stepped back waving his hands and shaking his head in absolute fear at the prospect. For a second time Zion was given pause as his mouth dropped a bit before he laughed in spite of himself. But at the same time he felt enlightened as to why he lacked customers. His shop was located where the foot traffic is mostly normal citizens looking for tools or raw materials. Public perception saw his shop as a place for selling powerful magic weapons. After all, Swordking was known for his fighting in the Coliseum after all. Few of them knew the polite and civil Zion outside of the matches.

"Not all magic tools are weapons."

A few strides and Zion was before the fan. The man tried to step back again shaking his hands and head with even more vigor now. But his bad leg caught the ground at a bad angle and buckled from the pain. The man yelled and closed his eyes as he began to fall but then a cool and smooth hand grasped his arm to catch him. Magoi then flowed into the Angel's Brace at Zion's arm and holy magic poured forth. Zion commanded the golden light to transfer over the the stranger allowing it to wash over him. His nursing leg suddenly felt warm and comfortable until before the man knew it his old wounded tendon had been restored. He blinked and looked down as he tested his weight on the leg and for the first time in years found it did not lose strength on him.

"This...this is...a miracle! My leg! Its vitality has been restored!"

The hooded Zion shook his head and corrected, "It is a magic tool that uses a healing spell. Nothing more. But magic isn't just a tool for killing. It is a blessing of the rukh, the world itself, and it can do all sorts of good like provide clean water and heating. I'm sure your wife would love a pot that can boil water in an instant." The magician patted him on the shoulder as he made the suggestion and then continued on his way with a chuckle. "T-Thank you, Swordking! I won't forget this kindness, I'll definitely visit your shop!" Cried the man as he waved after Zion's departing figure.

A short while later and Zion finally found himself at the Society's door. As it was open to the public he simply walked right in and took a look around. There was a reception area, but there was not staff present so he wandered deeper in a large hall. One side was full of bookshelves on both the first and second floors. An entire library of scrolls, tomes, slabs, and other such written records. In the middle was a messy arrangement of research tables and seemingly not enough chairs to go around. Some had one or two chairs with researchers working on things independantly while others were crowded with people all arguing over the correct interpretation of a symbol that could dubiously described as a bird of some kind. To the right was a series of boards with various postings of different projects, society members, and other information important for the day to day work here.

Overwhelmed by the scene Zion stood there hoping someone would notice him but nobody did. Eventually he could bare the wait no more. "Ahem, I'm looking for Lady Cornelia!'

WC: 1500+/1500

Magoi: 410/420

Trait:
Magic Tool:

6Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] Empty Re: Meeting of Minds[Jiryu|NoM] 21/10/22, 02:43 pm

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

The sudden shout caused a silence to come over the researchers as everyone turned their heads to look at Zion. Something was off about the gaze they all gave him. As if they were all looking at somebody about to endure an unfortunate fate. A young man with glasses spoke up and pointed, "The door to your left leads to a stairwell. Go down two floors and-" A great rumble accompanied by a loud boom from below interrupted the researcher's directions as everyone nervously looked around to make sure the building would hold solid. Dust rained down from the ceiling but no significant damage showed itself. The researchers all heaved sighs of relief while one of the independent researcher grumbled, "It's that witch again! I'm sick of this, it is the fourth time in a month! I can't work like this!" A female researcher from the group added on, "This time it's explosions...last time it was that horrid stench...what will it be next time?" One could see the terror in her eyes as she let her imagination run wild. The man from before saw his pretty colleague's mood and grit his teeth. "How much longer must we put up with this, chairman!?" His angry fist pounded not the table but one of the wooden pillars he was seated close to.

A gruff voice likewise ablaze with fury shot back from the second floor, "Shut it, Nokaris! Or do you want me to cut the funding to your pet project on historical vineyard records!? Don't think I don't know you're using it as an excuse to go sample wines without me!" This caused the brash Nokaris to wince and quickly go back to his land ownership records suddenly behaving like model worker. "All of you! Get back to work!" The chairman couldn't be seen from Zion's angle but the man's power and influence over these people could be felt as they all fearfully returned to work with a cold efficiency. The arguing before turned into calm and collected debate that was quickly resolved and the independent workers were studiously attending to their duties. It seemed like everyone had forgotten about their visitor. The fox could only sigh and shake his head. "Let's see, door to the left...down two floors..." Zion mumbled to himself as he opened the door. The smell of burning trash hit his nose causing Zion to wretch. A bit of smoke could be seen rising up from below and there was poor lighting at the bottom of the stairwell making it seem like quite the foreboding dungeon he was about to enter.

Gathering up his courage and remembering his purpose Zion braved the smoke and descended the steps cautiously. The further down he got the worse the smoke was and he began to cough as he reached the bottom arriving on the second floor where smoke and darkness clouded all. The magician's wrist flashed and his wand presented with a gentle command to the rukh producing a ball of soft light. A corridor was now lit up and Zion could see sconces on the walls sitting unlit. Had the blast put them out? He pointed his wand at one and swept it across the others unleashing a zap of lightning that jumped from one to another to light them all anew before proceeding. There were several doors but only the one at the end of the corridor had smoke pouring out of it. Zion steeled his nerves and headed for that ominous door. He entered into a dark room and closed the door behind him.  This room was dark, but not unlit. Glowing algae was grown in pods placed around the room providing a dim atmosphere. Inside was a beautiful woman coughing up a storm as she waved a big fan towards a hole in the wall leading to a vent shaft desperately trying to get rid of the smoke.

"Who *cough cough* is that? Marcus? *cough* Good timing! *cough* Gra-*cough cough* Grab something and help me *cough* air this place out!"

Zion was at a loss for words momentarily but soon found his wits and did not reply to her words with any of his own. Instead, he simply activated his Kitsune flight to hover slightly off the ground. But the winds around him were wild and fierce as though he wanted to move at top speed. The great gale blew around the room and quickly pushed out the smoke in short order. The air clean again, Zion urged the winds to rest and gently touched ground with a slight bow towards Cornelia whom had now turned around looking at Zion in awe. "Greetings, Lady Cornelia, my name is Zion Koval. A Magi named Jiryu told me you had some magic tools in your possession that I have a personal interest in." Zion got straight to the point. The windswept Cornelia blinked and then started, "You, you used magic just now. Not a magic tool, but magic! You're a magician! I don't know who this Jiryu person is, but a magician is exactly what I need!" Now that she wasn't coughing her voice was sultry and smooth like velvet. Zion nodded in admission before almost cursing Jiryu's name aloud. He had thought the magi arranged for this meeting ahead of time but it seemed like this was a poor assumption on Zion's part.

"Come take a look, this magic tool was obtained in a shipment from magnostadt by a soldier looking to make a name for himself. He was then executed for using the magic tool on his own brothers in arms despite pleading over and over that he didn't do it. He claimed the magic tool acted on its own. But nobody believed him. Until his superior officer who obtained the magic tool next experienced a similar misfire some time later. The magic tool was labeled defective and set to be disposed of, but I requested that they bring it here for me to study. The more the magic tool gets used, the more likely it is to go out of control. Now it's more likely to go berserk than it is to operate normally. But I'm no magician so I can't make heads of tails of how to stop it and to problem just keeps getting worse! Arrgh, curse this damn thing!"

The dark haired researcher chucked a metal glove at the floor and huffed as she crossed her arms. The metal bracer bounced and then slid in Zion's direction. He looked at it curiously and picked it up. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." she warned. Zion ignored her and looked at the plate on the glove that had a magic circle carved into it and quietly examined it for a moment. "I see, its a spell of the water and life types working together. But there is something else...another circle?" Zion squinted in disbelief as he noticed another circle hidden within the main spell! It was at that moment a sudden siphoning of magoi took place before Zion could even notice. The magic circle lit up and the slime magic came to life forming a gelatinous mass of green that suddenly launched itself at Zion. The magician flew out of the way and turned to face the slime but it ignored him and pressed hard against the door, its large body oozing through the cracks and slowly getting through.

"Oh no...you didn't light the sconces, did you?"

The words in Zion's ear made his spine shiver as he realized the woman had snuck up right behind him. "Um...should I have not." A pat landed on the magicians shoulder and he looked over to see Cornelia sadly shaking her head. At just about that time, a piece of slime finally reached one of the flames in the corridor and the entire thing lit up. "Take cover!" Cornelia shouted as she grabbed Zion's cloak and rushed for a steel coffin-like box in the corner that she had presumably used to survive the previous blasts but they were too far away. They would never make it in time. Zion stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Cornelia "Don't move!" Nine tails emerged from Zion's cloak and wrapped around them both just in time for a golden light to shroud them. Zion's borg protected the two successfully and then faded as the tails retreated back into Zion's body as though they had never been there. "Woah...what was that, were those tails!?" Zion didn't answer as he let go of Cornelia and walked over to the glove which he had dropped in his fright. A hammer appeared in his hand and Zion slammed it down onto the glove with a bit of magoi. Molding magic restructured the magic circle carving into a new spell Zion made based on the malfunctioning spell.

"There, now a new spell similar to the original is carved into this magic circle. I've removed the parts that make it go berserk. Now all it does is cast Oozing Trap Jaw"

Training WC: 1000+/1000

Magoi: 400/420

Notes:
Trait:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum