Imperial Symphonia | Chapter VII: Revolutionary [NoM/Private]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job:

It were to be under the shade of an oak tree that he was to lay with his feet propped up while he pondered the recent events. Past his feet that had sat on top a flat stone, there was to be two figures that were to climb the grassy hill he rested upon. It seems his comrades had made their return now. Angelus was to give the two people a light smirk while he closed his eyes. It had been quite some time now. Although the stoic soldier was never one to show much emotion, he was quite visibly content for his friends to return by his side. It was none other than the bubbly Nerilla with the heavy drinker, Aureus. It was quite the treat to see them, since Angelus had been gone from them so long due to having to come to Remano for business. However, there was the news of his now marriage that were to take place now which the two had learnt of. Angelus felt rather sad over this though, due to his feelings for Nerilla which he had tried to put off. It was Nerilla who was to exchange the first few words with Angelus since he left two months back for the capital, Remano.

Nerilla: "Angelus! I am so glad to see you finally~! Aureus was complaining how the unit was not the same without you! I want you to return to the unit, cmoon! I have no clue what you are doing mingling with the nobles!"

Exclaimed the thrilled Nerilla.

Angelus: "Likewise, but I have just a bit more to do here within Remano. Once I meet with the senators for the party then I can return to the unit. It is imperative we ensure the political end of the party runs well. So, just be patient, Nerilla."

Responded the determined Angelus, placing his right hand on the soft green haired head of the half fanalis girl, Nerilla. It was perhaps Angelus' one and only time he had shown the girl some sort of semblance of affection. It caused her to blush, to which then Angelus was to realize he was touching her, so he was to reel his hand back, perhaps just a bit embarrassed. It had felt quite nice to touch her head that way. An unknown emotion swelled within Angelus. It was unique to whatever he has ever felt, but he tried to put that off. In that moment, Aureus was to hug both of the younger soldiers, saying how he was glad for them to be reunited. However, the man was to mention the news. It was the news that Angelus had been engaged with a noblewoman.

Aureus: "Angelus, you sly dog! Is the news true? Have you been engaged now!?"

Ecstatic to hear the news, Aureus would jest. Nerilla could be seen glad for Angelus, but the man knew that to be a facade. It was not her true smile. Angelus had not spent months with the girl for nothing. It was clear to him that she had not foreseen Angelus receiving a fiance. Angelus did not either, truly. However, Angelus had to dispel the rumors of him having fallen for the woman, Sabina Cornelius. It was but folly. In truth, he had not one ounce of love for the maiden. Leaf petals flying slowly past his tanned face, he was to lightly sigh. Angelus started to talk, hoping to dispel the assumptions the two may have.

Angelus: "I am. I do not love her though. In fact, she is woven from the same cloth as her father. It was clear to me from the moment I had met her that she had no remorse for what happened to others. I had only decided to marry her for the political gain. I feel tormented that I must be the husband of that woman, but I shall do what I must. It is you two, and Alceus, who I cherish most, who are dearest to me. I will do what I must to ensure we may revive the Empire. I do not believe I can stay by that woman for very long though."

It made the two subordinates rather speechless. It prompted a minor gasp from Nerilla. However, for Aureus, we were to put his index finger upon his chin, pondering for a moment. Nodding, the golden figure that was Aureus was to understand why Angelus did what he did now. It was over a year past now since the ambitious recruit had told Aureus he had wished to revive the Empire, then crown himself as the Emperor. Yet, when Aureus harkened back to that time, that scene, he had remembered clearly when Angelus said that he wished to be Emperor for his own selfish reasons.

Aureus had pledged his fealty to Angelus not out of respect for his morals or ideals, but out of admiration for his dream and his menacing aura. Over time though, Aureus had quickly come to learn that Angelus never wished to revive the Empire for selfish reasons. It was far from it. Angelus was viewing himself as a villain, unjustly, when in fact, he was a hero. Angelus simply cared for his nation so much that he was to do whatever he must, for Reim's sake. In Aureus' gold eyes, he was the noblest of the men of Reim.

Nerilla: "I and Aureus will support you then! Count on us! I do not want you to be unhappy, but, you must do what you must.. So, we understand!"

Cried out loud Nerilla, placing her left hand on her right bicep, flashing a bright wide grin. It made Angelus happy to see. However, eventually, the soldier was to need to deal with the woman that he was to wed. It was no use remaining married to her once he obtained what he wanted from the legal binding. It was hard to say whether or not to kill her though when the time came. Well, perhaps that may be too harsh, but was no good person either way. Angelus decided to give the subject some thought for now. Anyways, so the main purpose Angelus called his two dearest subordinates here was to receive help with meetings with senators. Also, the entire legion was given a short break from border work by order of the Council for the time being.

Angelus: "Okay! Enough with our pleasantries. We must pen letters to tons of senators who are sympathetic for our cause, so let us start! Info of the senators is here! I collected the address that each of the letters must be delivered to. I have the exact message that must be penned for every letter writ down here. I just need you two to help copy this message for every letter. Alright, let us begin!"

Ordered the man who was to begin to write tens of letters carefully with neat penmanship.

Nerilla: "Aww! Angeluss, you know I hate writing!"

Whined the outdoor loving girl.

Angelus: "No complaining! It is necessary!"

Said the man, dedicated to writing the letters.

Aureus: "Oi! It ain't so bad! I have practiced writing letters plenty when I was far from my wife."

Stated the man who was within a loving marriage.

Nerilla: "Hey~! Angelus, why don't cha write more letters to us when you are gone?"

Inquired the girl, hoping to receive letters from him more often.

Angelus: "Eh~!? I can't hear ya, I am busy writing!"

Retorted the military commander.

Nerilla: "Oi~! Stop playing! I know you can hear me! I can come up to your ear if ya want!"

In jest she said, teasing Angelus. At the end of the day, following the fun reunion of the three dear friends, the letters were to had been completed. It was to be sent to the senators that have sympathized with Angelus' efforts or his beliefs for expansion, reform, or anti corruption measures. If the senators who received the letter were to open the letter, what they were to read were to be the following:

Angelus Spinam, Chairman of the Angelist Party wrote:
Dear ___,

It is my pleasure to formally invite you to the Angelist Party. It is no known fact that our nation, Reim, has suffered greatly under the current management. I am sure you are aware of the rise of terrorists within our borders, rampant corruption, lack of strong leadership, and our highly flawed republic model. I, Angelus, hope we, the men and women bearing the hopes and wishes of the common folk on our backs may be able to unite and meet to discuss the fate of our nation. I have sent this letter out to only those who are sympathetic to the cause or who have supported me and the common folk within the senate. It is my fervent wish to unite our people and lead the nation to prosperity with the Angelist Party. If you wish to join the cause, our meeting place will be Albus Grove Street, the Milian Amphitheater, starting 8am on 3/7. Do keep this information confidential as terrorists are targeting meetings and large gatherings. I hope to see you there, Senator ___.

Kind regards,
Angelus Spinam
Chairman, Angelist Party

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The next day the man would find a letter nailed to his door by a knife. This would probably remind him of a similar situation he had found himself in not too long ago, the messenger that time being a monkey. The contents read as such.

To sir Angelus,

Greetings sir, I hope to find you well at the time you are reading this. I am Senator Raelus and I was an old friend of Senator Cornelius. I cannot condone the way he acted to you, yet neither can i condone the way you handled it. You should have fled or restrained him so that he could have been tried for his crimes. I would have even gladly gave you my support for your plans for this country. However, that is no longer an option with you killing a man who was clearly not much of a fighter. I think your brash and ruthless ways will lead our nation down a path that we cannot return from.

In response for killing my friend without looking for another way I must challenge you to a duel. I will be in the center of the town square waiting for you at noon tomorrow. We will rather fight to the death or till one can no longer proceed.

Sincerely Senator Raelus

After this it would solely be up to Angelus if he would go to it or how he would handle this situation he found himself in.

Notes: Since this is an invasion you may include any weapons you didnt start the thread with.

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

In his cushioned bed, the beat tired soldier awoke. However, this was his mere routine. It was rare for Angelus to sleep longer than that of the sun. If the curtains of the night were drawn closed, then usually, so were Angelus' eyelids. In this villa of his within a higher class part of the capital, the soldier was to roll from his bed to the floor, his mind exhausted from the logistics of how to start a political party.

In his usual garbs, he was to merely gear his body, before then brushing his hair of any sneaky knots. It was the light hearted morning of the soldier, the very same man responsible for the coming revolution. Angelus' eyes were to dart towards his window sill, where the morning light shone through. It was from there that the man was to rub his eyes, his keen dark eyes laying witness to the view of the city before him.

If he kept down his path, what will lay within his future? Angelus desired to know, yet, he was best not prying fate. It was most faithful to trust the flow of the white light that he followed. It stood menacing on his doorstep when he was to creak the door open, looking at the door as he closed, there the letter was. It did not take the man by surprise.

In reaction to the letter, which he was to then promptly read the contents of, his face was simply.. bare, naked of a proper reaction. In truth, he expected this much. It would seem he had a secret admirer. If he stopped the jest, then his true thoughts were.. well, he ought to pay this man his visit then, should he not? It perhaps was best to take care of this man, this senator who wished to avenge his crooked comrade. Hmph.. well, so be that.

Angelus cared not for the life of an idiotic senator that wished to defend that impudent politician. If he so wished, Angelus would even take an extra step here, and help publicize this duel by talking to his coliseum contacts. If this could not be more the obvious, the graceful man, Angelus, was not ready to take the senator seriously. Yet, perhaps the soldier should try to feign the part.

-

It was noon, and here he was. Angelus' pure white billowing hair could be seen from the crowd. In his pastel red flowing coat, he concealed his gear, but from the perspective of the common man, he had nothing with him but his shield. It was quite odd perhaps for those who had seen the soldier fight before at the coliseum.

It was common for the people to see him with his trademark bastard sword, the Fool's Gold, a truly radiant blade. Yet, here he was, with nothing but a shield? Oh, this was quite weird, but that was just merely the beginning. In truth, that was to be but the tip of the iceberg though regarding the peculiarity of this bout.

Angelus: "Raelus, you may call me Angelus. I beg the pardon, but, what is your purpose here?"

Inquired the empty hollow man, his face devoid of emotion. In the light wind, the soldier's red garb billowed as did with his hair. If the senator met eye to eye with Raelus, he was to witness his lack of ferocity, or vigor for the fight. It could be taken either way the senator liked, but for Angelus, the true reason for his stoic nature here was his lack of care for what this man felt.

Yet, the man was to direct this question here today, this question that provoked confusion, or perhaps even perplexity. Angelus kept a keen eye on Raelus upon presenting him that question, his deathly gaze locked unto sir Raelus.

It was best to not dawdle too long on the back and forth, but, as per the methods of the soldier, he had to play mental war on his foes. It had begun with the publicizing of the bout, to then Angelus coming with nothing but his shield and nothing else visible on his person, to lastly now, this cynical question he posed.

Magic Weapons:

Magic Items:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Raelus would already be waiting by the time the one he challenged had arrived. He had some friends by his side who had helped him gear up and were responsible with handling said gear if he was to lose this battle. He would look at the man and bow in greeting before speaking to the crowd that had gathered for the duel among the two men.

"Sons and Daughters of Riem, I thank you for coming to see this! As most of you are aware Angelus had killed one of our Senators in a bout of self defense. While i do not condone the senators actions I do not believe he should have been killed in such a manner by a skilled warrior such as Angelus. He was a politician who had others fight his battles if need be so this is out of character in my opinion. He should have been Incapacitated and sent to trial for his crimes for we are a country that is built on Laws not the whims of some soldier who is quick to draw his blade and no vision of his consequences. So let this duel be a sign of my opposition to this man and his ideals. If we are to follow him it will only lead to more senseless barbarism." Some members in the crowd would cheer in acknowledgement but the majority would be more contained just whispering amongst themselves waiting to see the duel and keeping their thoughts contained.

THe senator would take off his roabe revealing his golden armor underneath and picks up a golden aegis that is in the shape of a gorgon. "These onlookers will be our audience Sir Angelus. Since you are the one challenged you can decide when to start."

Raelus:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum