White Rat [Sabin/C-Rank Bounty/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

mission
Spoiler:

After killing the mutated wolf, there was a lot of speculation as to what caused the mutation of the beast. With how something like that was introduced in the climate of the current beasts that roamed the western front, it immediately dominated the area and no man or beast was able to stand up against it. The uncanny connection to magic was also something that struck Sabin as odd, but he was no scientist. He was an investigator to a degree, and it was only in the sense of whatever assignment he found himself working on at the time. Anything more than that was beyond him when it came to working on things outside of his contract.

Finding himself in a bathhouse, he figured that he would take a little break for two to three days after that mutated wolf hunt. Or better yet, that was his intention until another individual went inside of the bath with him as well. It was local, it was not like Sabin reserved the entire place to himself. From taking a better look at the person, it was one of the farmhands that were attacked by the mutated wolf in the last assignment that he had.

"A nice warm one eh? It feels good to be alive, being able to enjoy moments like this."

Sabin nodded in agreement, figuring that most people would use their downtime to forget or focus more on self-care instead of the bad things that happened in the past.

"I can say for sure that I made it in time, even though it's a strange phenomenon. "

The farmhand rubbed his scars and sighed as he sunk a little lower in the bath.

"It's an infection. I've been seeing it go around, some animals don't survive it. The ones that do, I think they become much more. They turn into the monsters that you see. There is actually a new wanted poster that I thought would interest you. However, I would say that it's more of a contested hunt and that people are racing the catch the thing."

Catch the thing? What was he talking about? Was this particular bounty a capture-based one? It's a little less like Ramsey coins and it was more like capturing the creature without hurting it too bad from how delicate the farm had mentioned it. "Maybe I should check it out? Thanks for the tip."

WC 401/1000

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

After taking a look at the bounty, it seemed that it was placed by a few reim scientists that were studying the dead body of the mutated wolf. The origin of the plague magic-based plague was still unknown, they had no idea what caused it or where the source originated from. However, with a few experiments with mice and some sleepless nights, they came up with a solution that allowed them to look into the disease more extensively. They were happy to know that they found a creature that managed to be resistant to the disease. However, it seemed to have escaped from the lab and headed out into the forest. This seemed impossible for regular people to find a white rat in a big forest, but being a bounty hunter meant that you had to be good at tracking things, regardless of whether they were people or creatures.

Using the droppings, the fur, as well as the time that passed since the rat escaped; Sabin was able to make a timeline as to when the rat entered the western front and figured that he would be able to find it. After all, regardless of his age, Sabin was a world-renown tracker. He used any methods at his disposal, and with him being an El Nagi, he took the liberty of borrowing one of their hunting dogs that were able to be rented out for certain things such as this. The hunt was on, and Sabin had no intention of losing to anyone else in this case.

Spoiler:

659/1000 wc

Sabin

Sabin
β-Tier
β-Tier

If there is one thing that being a bounty hunter can teach individuals, it's the idea of patience. It's easy to get frustrated when it comes to tracking your mark, especially if it's someone or something that manages to evade you every step of the way. The forest was big and the drippings were small. There were many things on the path as well, especially a set of tracks that disturbed Sabin the most.

" What's this? "

Bending down to get a closer look, Sabin started to think back at the kind of animal that would make those tracks.

" The orange meercat, their pallet involves small prey. "

It looks like a being figured that the white rat was next on their meal, which meant that Sabin had to move rather fast.  He began tracking the meercat immediately, it was something that was easy to track and the predator was doing most of his work for him.  With the meercat tracking the white rat, Sabin only had to track the other beast himself in order to catch up.

"I'm getting close..there it is!!!"

As time went on, Sabin saw the meercat in the distance, there seemed to be something that was injured on the floor a few feet away from it. Or to Sabin, it looked injured because it wasn't moving. With Sabin being quiet and getting his swarm bow, he took aim at the meercat and fired an arrow, hitting it from 30 meters away and puncturing its brain. It was a quick kill, disposing of the predator as Sabin made his way towards the white rat.

after picking it up and assessing its wounds, Sabin put it in a container and started to head back.

With the bounty completed., Sabin handed over the rat to the scientists, as well as a small bag of El Nagi medicine. "My clan is really great with animals, this medicine should help with the wounds to heal so rub it on them when you can. No payment necessary, it's for a good cause, right?"

1000/1000 wc

Spoiler:

used
Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum