Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Djedi's Primary Profession Empty Djedi's Primary Profession 27/02/21, 01:13 am

Djedi Akhetiwn

Djedi Akhetiwn
D-Tier
D-Tier

x

Last edited by Djedi Akhetiwn on 02/03/21, 01:36 am; edited 1 time in total

2Djedi's Primary Profession Empty Re: Djedi's Primary Profession 27/02/21, 05:26 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

For this being a profession, me and other staff members discussed it and we feel that it needs to be a bit more cohesive. The way we look at them is similar to an actual occupation or an area of talent that the character may possess. A Wandering Sorcerer is a rather broad term so it is hard to picture it as a profession or an area of talent unlike an Architect or a Tailor, for example.

I'll break it down with some suggestions to make it a little easier to understand where we're coming from:

For Enchanter, while this perk is fine in a functional sense since it is something we allow. The main profession description doesn't give any insight as to how he acquired this knowledge and why it ties in with being a Wandering Sorcerer.

Did he study in the Magnostadt Academy? Did he learn this from another traveling magician? Is it something he studied on his own?

Just a few questions to provoke some thought.

For Sorcery, this is something that we would consider a social action. You don't need a perk to do this. Though I would keep in mind that for magicians, it would always be very simple without a proper spell. Very much in line with your examples in this perk.

For Bombast, this one seems fine to me. But it is a perk that makes Enchanter seem very out of place in this profession.

I feel like if you want to make your primary profession based around magic and his skills involving its usage, that's a good start. Then, you can design your secondary profession around his social benefits.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum