Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

PART THREE: ENDLESS

Upon the endless shores...

Casrare would find that his journey to the central tower was easier than either he or Kamal could have anticipated. In the air, he could see the entire city from above. There were sections of dense fog and no life to be found. As though everyone had vanished or never existed. Exhausting all his resources to fly, he would make it to a nearby rooftop, just before the pillar.

Thick fog blankets the area around the pillar, making it near impossible to see anything but two shrouded figures within. Between them, he could hear them converse. Their voices were masculine in tone. From what Casrare could make out, they mentioned a group referred to as ‘spiders’ and a plan to ‘eradicate the intruders’.

One of the figures seems to turn and a light begins to form. They shout out to him. “You didn’t think I wouldn’t notice you, intruder?” The light seems to become brighter, alarmingly so. But before Casrare could react, he begins to fall.

Darkness swiftly envelops his vision. The light at the top gets smaller and smaller until nothing is left but an endless void. His descent is swift and longer than one could ever hope to survive. No matter how hard he would attempt to stop his descent, he would fail.

Further and further he falls until a body of water crashes into his back. It does not kill him but rather consumes his being. The liquid enters his body, suffocating him. All attempts to escape back up to any sort of surface only sends him down further.

In minutes, his consciousness fades.

“H— y! … Hey!”

As he wakes, the first thing he would feel is the sting of his lungs and a warm hand upon his face. He can hear the voice of a woman close to him. “Oh… please don’t be dead. Wake up, wake up. Please...” She gently pats his cheek a few times then gives a slight shake to his shoulders.

Upon opening his eyes, he would see her. A young woman with short, black hair and jade-colored eyes. Her hands left a lingering chill after her touch. She stares into his eyes, her brows drawn back and lips dropped in a frown.

Around them is what appears to be a colorless beach. Large, black rocks are strewn along the grey sand. The dark waters curl up the shoreline into patches of white foam. There is no other life save for them that he can see.

Within the endless crypt…

The strange woman would continue to walk with Adrastos further into the crypt. Around them is endless darkness, blocked by tombs on either side. As they pass, the corpses groan, their bones rattling. At times, the skeletal remains hanging from their shelves would brush against his arms and that would only make them lament louder.

As they descend down a flight of stairs, Asha would stop. Her hands fiddle with a lock, then a door creaks open. She steps through, turning around to face Adrastos. The light from the orb illuminating little parts of her smiling face. “Fate is such an interesting thing, is it not? An infinite array of chaos resides in its knot of threads. Yet we believe there only to be one path.” She laughs, covering her mouth with her hand. “While we may only traverse one at a time, there are many. However, they all lead to death in the end. Isn’t that unfortunate?”

With another turn of her body, she faces away from him. “I wonder how far one will go to break that thread,” she hums, “It wouldn’t be the first time someone has achieved such a feat.”

Roaming the endless plains…

Ghost remains quiet, in shock of what was happening around him. Even as his worst fears grip him, his mother would pull him up by the arm. “Stop sulking. It is not suitable for a king to do so,” she hisses. With a wave of her hand and an utterance of a spell, something begins to appear in the distance.

“Do not despair, my son. I would not have you rule over a wasteland without accommodation.”

A large fortress made of dark brick reveals itself not far from them. Dark, powerful magic emanates from its direction.

“A palace fit for the king of witches such as yourself, isn't it? Come on, now. Let's go.”

NPCs:
Player Notes:

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow General

“Of course it’s not the first time,” Adrastos said. “It happened before, on another world. They just did it wrong.” The dark king stared at the back of Asha’s head. “Now there’s this concept of fate and depravity, the will of Solomon or the will of Illah. One leads to eternal damnation whereas the other doesn’t, but to dictate that the depraved simply get obliterated… Both are just as bad with their chains.” Adrastos stopped himself. “There’s another way, and I’ll find it,” he added under his breath. “Though how do you know? Why is that important now?” Was she in his head somehow? The dark king didn’t trust this woman but wasn’t afraid to take her on if the need arose.

WORD COUNT: 1,509
MAGOI: 470/480
STAMINA: 200/200
NOTES:
• Adrastos continues to follow the woman.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he walked alone it was as if he was having quick flash backs of his youth. As she was dragging him along with her. As we speak his one true peace of mind was being taking away from him. Ghost truly was in a dark place. As the fear was booming throughout his body. Ghost would look on as he started to black out yet AGAIN. But this time a little bit of a panic would cause his sub conscious to take effect yet again. As the little imp looked at Ghost sitting in a conor he would have a smile on his face. "Tell me boy why is you cowarding in a conor for?" Ghost would look up at him as he replied. "Because mother said I been a bad boy and bad boys get punishments." Soon a ice cream would appear in the imp right hand as he started to lick on it.

Lick...lick...lick...lick...lick...lick"I see how foolish of you. I can not keep on bailing you out. If you can not help yourself. What good am I too you." He would look over to see what Ghost physicals eyes were seeing. The imp would give a large smile as he walk by Ghost holding out his hand. "Come to think about it that do look like mines. That giant thing over there. I'll tell you what Dolemite. Get up face your fears head on and you will be ok." Ghost would look at him as he only called him Dolemite when the imp was being serious. As he would say to him. "I'm scared you know im so scared to even move one foot." As the imp looked at him he would start to laugh.

"You see every journey began with fear. Just like the darkness. You only fear what you do not know. Stand up you must go on. You have have people waiting for you on the other side of the mountain." Ghost would look on as tears truly was running down his face. Snapping back to reality he would pull away from his mother. As he looked on he would say to the creature. " Funny you nearly had me. But you are in your adult form. Mother never walks in such a form she always fly on her broom. You have two choices here bow down or die. The easy way or the hard way. The choice is yours." The imp would look on as he started to fade away. "Go on my descendent don't be scared of the darkness control it." Ghost was indeed still scared but he was ready to fight if need be.

Meanwhile His Ace would be running down the ally way she was keen on getting back to Ghost. As his Jack was still in the town square. Waiting to make her move as well.

Notes: Ghost is attempting to scare the creature into submission or at least get it to show itself.

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Journey felt so easy, even the cryptic fog provided him a calming breeze. With the journey, however, the clouds would begin to accumulate, along with his own worry. Words guided him, called him forward, but he was an uninvited guest to this conversation. While gifted with knowledge, or at least insight which only brought more questions, he would also be cursed. One of the voices would become louder, and almost like a bat's sonar it had found him. Following the command, voice was a light, brighter than he had ever seen, even in the desert's highest days.

"Oh, I'm falling aren't I" he would think. While nothing came to his eyes, his years of training made him used to feel things out. The air enveloped him, pulling on and dragging on every part of his body. Everything was coming so quickly, but this moment stretched out before him. He tried and tried to stabilize himself, to increase his gas to increase his bounacy, but it was to no avail.

"Damn damn damn damn it, this is what I get for wanting to see the world!" Panic wouldn't have long to settle, as the hard, and eventual crash against the water would consume him. He couldn't escape, it would bring him down further, and further. As darkness began to consume his thoughts his mind, he could only think to himself on last time.

"I'm sorry for wanting something more than mundane..."

"GAUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" He would snap back up, as air entered his longs, he had lost control over his form, so now he looked sickly. His eyes would gain heavy bags, his skin while still bronze in pigment was drained of almost all color. From his mouth, once could see the ghastly green glow of plague. Even more shocking, was the girl who had seemed to save him.

While she was beautiful, she seemed to be human. What was strange was her environment, he had barely seen the world but he had yet to see a beach so sterile. A headache would cloud his thoughts, as the first few moments of his waking would begin to go over in his mind. He would ignore the minor blush brought to his sickly skin, thinking of how the young woman seemed to have saved him.

"Cgh, I'm guessing if you're asking in concern you found me, or saved me?" he wanted to be wary with what he said, but he had to ask "where am I?"

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Casrare snaps up, causing the woman to put up her arms in defense. She stares at him with wide eyes, waiting. As he speaks, her energy seems to light up. She pulls him into a tight embrace, placing her hand on the back of his head. “Thank the gods,” her voice would hush into his ear before she lets him go, hands resting on his shoulders.

The woman smiles sheepishly. “Sorry,” she says, taking her hands back into her lap. “I’m just relieved. I didn’t expect to run into another person here.” Her fingers tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear as she chuckles. “I’m Saman. You must’ve heard of me from my brother. You must know him. That’s his magic you’re carrying with you after all.” She reaches out to poke the snout of the magical snake.

“Before you ask… I’m not sure where we are. I have an idea and since you’re here… you must be in favor of the gods as well. This is very like the time I died but I’m not worried.”

Saman rises off her knees and holds out her hands to him. “Here, take my hands. I’ll help you. We should get on the ship before it leaves. It’s the only way to find the gods and ask them for help.” In the distance, Casrare would be able to see a dock with a barge tied to it. There is a cloaked figure standing by the boat, unmoving.

Outside the endless crypt…

“The chaos allows me to know many things. It is superior to all others. The path you seek to find does not exist yet it is infinite all the same. You do not understand this now but you will in time.”

The door she leads him through opens to a similar corridor. All the torches along the walls light with a soft, violet flame. Instead of tombs, to each side of them are a series of doors. Some are locked shut, others seem to lead into nothing at all. There is one she turns to, opening it with ease. A bright light floods in through its opening.

Adrastos would be able to see that, despite being so far underground, the door leads straight outside. What lies beyond them is a vast desert, not unlike the one outside the city. The parched bones of men and creatures lie half-buried in the impacted sand. A sparse, dead array of trees and brush mark the landscape.

She continues down the pathway, silent. As he walks through, he would feel a slight bit of resistance as though he were walking through a magic barrier. But it gives, allowing him through. It is not long down this path until Adrastos finds what she had been leading him to. A large amalgamation of black mass sits out in the open. Thin tendrils reach out with tiny hands towards them but are too short to reach. A large, red eye stares at Asha and blinks. It cries a distorted pitch.

“Ah… how mighty you’ve grown. I hope you have not been lonely for long, child.” She approaches it, allowing it to touch her as she strokes its fleshy surface. Asha looks back at Adrastos and urges him closer with a gesture of her hand. “Come. It will not harm you in this state. Let it enlighten you to the will of chaos. This child is but one who can make your dream come true, dear death.”

Trapped in an endless void…

As Ghost pulls away from the shade, it looks at him with great displeasure despite the kind smile that it wore on its face. “Is that so?” The corner of its mouth drops into a frown. Its form and voice began to twist and distort.

“You’re no fun. It would have been better if you just played along. If you will not bend, I will just have to break you.”

The castle in the distance would begin to melt into the ground along with the shade. What was once a deserted wasteland would darken until it was nothing but darkness around him. The last thing he would hear is the cracking of bone and sloshing of flesh before it all went silent. Back into the endless void, he was robbed of all sight and hearing. Even his own voice would be mute to his ears.

All he would feel is a gust of air before a large tendril comes down in an attempt to crush him, dealing A-Tier damage on impact.

NPCs:
Enemy for Ghost:
Player Notes:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

He would look on as it was clear as day. He was not in the best places. If he learned anything it was to always see with more then just your eyes. To always hear with more then just your ears and today that just might prove to be real. He would look on to see that it was total darkness all around and better yet. He could not hear not a thing. Thinking to himself. If this person was not his mother it truly had her magic down packed. Years of this being played on him was now starting to take effect. The only thing is. His life really is in danger now. There was no telling what was going to happen next. His next move was to light up the dark to see clearly. But he would start to feel a strange downpour coming at him. But what could it be?

Truly it was something big or at least it's impact will be. But if it was aiming right at him. He was in trouble to say the least. But his years of training was starting to pay off for him. As now that he could feel that something was coming at him from up above. Could it be the castle was now something else? Either way it went. He had to time the attack. Seeing as it was coming so fast amd could be big. It would not have time to react to a certain movement. Just then Ghost would active his BORG as he waited just a mere second. He would feel the air pleasure getting heavier. He would start to run in the right direction about a meter in a half then he would jump the remaining two. Not his best moment but a very needed one. Hopefully what ever was trying to hit him would miss this round. As he rolled over on the ground. His thoughts was going out to his royal pieces.

Meanwhile his Ace would be hot on his trail. As she was following her senses. Moko was not going to give up on her King. She would be the one to defeat whatever tried to hurt him. She could feel he was in danger. With her scythe out. She would pray to the heavens she would get there in time. Before Ghost illness kicks in.

Meanwhile Mya would still be sitting in the town square. Just what was she planning? As she looked to the sky what was she waiting on as she would say "His Majesty."

Spoiler:

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

Confusion was Casrare's most comfortable feeling since leaving his home. Even now, upon getting help all he felt was his head become filled with more questions than answers. She seemed to know the snake well, that was good enough for him, but now this discussion of gods? Where did this boat come from, where did this strange man come from?

"I'm sorry slow down, I know things are dangerous but the gods? What gods are we looking for, I was sent to find you and do some reconnaissance." he would say trying to get his bearings.

He didn't like following orders, but he was better at doing than he was planning. Why was she undisturbed by his sickly nature as well? Surely he had looked sick enough. He wouldn't take her hand, not yet. He wanted to go with her but he needed information first, he already had flown in blind enough.

"What gods would favor me? If you ar like your brother clearly you can see I'm touched with a bit of disease. Its a mark for power I was told, but so far everything seems to be a curse, I trust your brother, but I have a duty and I'm not sure what else I can trust."

He felt lost, he was getting used to being a walking pit of plague, he was looking for some sort of guidance. He seemed to be good at meeting people and getting himself hurt, hopefully, he wouldn't get hurt this time.

Dm notes: Questioning and investigating the situation before proceeding on the boat.

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The dark king remained silent as the woman spoke. Her words made no sense to him, but he wasn’t going to bother to have her clarify. Adrastos would follow Asha opened a door. His silver eyes scanned the barren landscape, unsure of how the plane of death existed when he should have been deep underground. They had not gone up any stairs or any ramps. Continuing down the pathway, he pushed through a barrier unlike anything felt before. He pondered the reasoning behind the barrier and how it worked, but such questions would wait when he met face to eye with a black abomination of black rukh.

Adrastos stared, his eyes wide open as his hand touched his crown. “That…”

Piercing screams, muddled as if drowning in an ocean, faintly echoed in the back of his mind. The abomination before him felt so similar to that of… something. His memories were fuzzy during one moment in Kou. Stabbing himself, he remembered, but the next thing he knew, he was waking up next to Yoshi in the medical ward of the Alchemist hideout.

“A creature made of black rukh,” the shadow king murmured. “Interesting.”

His head snapped to Asha, eyes narrowing in disgust. “You think I’m afraid? That I wish for something else to simply grant me my dream? What exactly do you, a woman I have never met or heard of, know of me to tell me such empty promises?”

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“There are many gods of this world. Some worship Solomon. Others Il Ilah. My family gave their tribute in the temples of Heliohapt. Those gods are the closest to me but I believe in them all.”

She seemed wistful as she spoke, a fondness clear in her voice as though she were talking about loved ones. When he questions them, she frowns. There is a short pause, her brows knit in thought.

“The gods do not give favor to those who are not in need. But who knows? Maybe your illness is why they placed you in my path. They protect me but I do not question it.”

Saman rises to her feet, holding out her hand to him. “We should really go before it leaves. Once it does, I’m afraid we’ll be stuck here. I’ll answer any questions you have on the way.” Her smile does not give off any maliciousness. If anything, her presence seems to make everything lighter.

Asha stares at him, her constant smile ever unwavering. She shuts her eyes for a short moment. “I have been keeping an eye on you for a long time.” She opens them, this time they assume a darker shade. “You do not smell of fear. But you are uncertain. There are things you can not recall.” The creature reaches out to him, cooing and gargling, as though it wanted to touch him.

Her attention returns to the amalgamation. Her demeanor towards it is loving, a wistful look lingered in her eyes.

“My duty is to aid you. For you are chosen by the chaos to be its champion. You did not acquire a vessel solely for your deeds.”

His borg would activate, shattering under the sheer strength of the tentacle. While it had been slowed, it collides with his back as he turns to run; leaving a large, painful welt. His attempts to escape were futile but he manages to create distance.

As he jumped, the void would form a solid wall in front of him in which he would collide. Ghost would feel another gush of pressure as another tendril attempted to slam into his back for A Tier damage.

NPCs:
Enemy for Ghost:
Player Notes:

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

He would place trust Kamal's sister, he may have felt lost on this path, but it reminded him of his youth. The mines were hard to navigate, one needed to have a lead or a source of light to beacon the way back. There was no path to answers, or at least that's how he felt. He felt like he could trust her, maybe she was used to stranger things than him. With the young girl having provided some comfort he would tread forward, making his way to the boat.

"Well then let's head out, I place my faith in you" he would say, it was a small thing, but more impactful than he himself realized. He wasn't of strong faith, for him to offer up him self to probability was outside his normal realm of action, but his world was changing, he was changing. Taking her hand he would follow, he would let her lead him to the boat.

Where would this all lead? Whether or not it was smart he had the comfort of his snake. He felt safe, he wanted to feel safe. Her words had interested him, he abandoned his own belief and felt as if all the gods mocked him, maybe this would be different.

DM Notes: Casrare is joining her on the boat

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Adrastos narrowed his eyes at Asha. He didn’t particularly like the fact she was in his head somehow, poking and prodding at his thoughts. Despite that, he would not allow this to bother him as it was out of his control for the time being. His silver eyes stared at the creature as his hand reached out to touch it while a voice called for him in the back of his mind.

Tai -Shi exhaled sharply as he looked around the empty chapel. His weight shifted uneasily from one foot to another. “He’s not responding,” he muttered. He looked at the girl scampering around, her mood drastically different than the solemn expression on the way to the church. How was she dangerous? Tai-Shi didn’t want to pry too much too soon, so he figured he’d put a pin in the discussion for later.

As he walked down the aisle of the church, he scanned the area. “Hebe,” he instructed, “look for another door or entryway that’s been opened recently. We need to find a silver-haired magician. Will you help me do that?”

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As Ghost back was not in the best of feelings. He would look on as he had no time to think of pain. He would be moving as he ran into a wall. Thank goodness it was not full speed. As he looked on he would pulled out his Stave and magic item. Taking his stave he would cast his spell. Twilight:Double Trouble to which a clone of him just not solid would come about. The light it gave off helped him to see the income whipped to which Ghost believed it was. He would send the clone to charge at the whip head on. Hoping the impact would weaken the attack. Just then he would use The Warth Of Apollo by channeling his magoi inside the The Essence Of Dawn As he poured it on the ground it would light up. Causing the expulsion to take place aiming at the whip. As Ghost would scream out. "I AM YOUR KING STOP THIS MADNESS AT ONCE I CAN GIVE YOU MORE POWER!!!"

Meanwhile Moka would be hot on Ghost trail. Just a matter of time. As she was trying her best to look for him. Her luck would come up when she saw Mya in the distance.

320/380
Notes
Spoiler:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Down the unrelenting river…
Saman would board the barge with the knight of Sassan. The ship seemed extremely old and even lucky that it was able to stay afloat. As soon as Casrare sets foot on the ship, it begins to set sail, moving away from the shore. Casrare would hear the cacophony of drum beats as they row down the river, the drumbeats beating in rhythm with the strokes of the rowers. If he looked he would notice that the members on the ship all appeared to have the heads of dogs, crocodiles and birds. It would be hard to tell if they were real or masks without further examination.

They would begin to make their way down the river which would look similar to a swarming mass of serpents more than actual water. Saman would look at Casrare, “This is the sun barque that we are currently on, going down the path of the great sun lord through the duat, or the underworld. This is the path those who have experienced death go through as well.” She says referencing to him downing earlier. The ship was large and had plenty of places over and below deck to explore if the sassanid decided to.

Asha would look at the lord of darkness with a small smile upon her face. “I want your help champion of chaos. That is why I brought you here, to my child.” She says gesturing to the amalgamation behind her. “This is a being I have made by gathering black rukh from events like the one going on here. I would like your help in gathering the black rukh from here to help nurture my child, to help it grow big and strong for it’s mother.” She says as she strokes the face of the creature she called her child as it made a low, inhumane groan.

Hebe would nod eager to please the man who had saved her from the terrifying people earlier. She would begin to search diligently before shouting out for Tai Shi, she had found something. She had found the door that Adra had previously entered, the dust around and on it disturbed showing that it had been opened recently.

The tendril of darkness would be destroyed by the scorching light from the wrath of Apollo. The shadow seemed to diminish a bit in size from the light of his spells. It would just laugh at his response, “King, you are the king of nothing but your own foolish thoughts. You talk about power, but what is the point of power against the overwhelming darkness of this world. This world is smothered by darkness where no amount of power can erase. And you think you can rule that darkness?” the shadows say. “You must be a light to pierce the darkness but you are barely even an ember right now!”

Two more tendrils would appear from the void attempting to slam into the body of the magician Ghost.

NPCs:
Enemy for Ghost:

notes:

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Huh, that's just my luck, I'd have to go and just die... he would say with a laugh and a stare lost in the shoreline. It would rock his body and shake his brain, was this really the afterlife? He expected to see things but he trusted Saman like he did Kamal, hopefully, this was just a path in their journey.

He gulped, gazing at facets of the ship and crew while beginning to speak hesitantly "Well I think I might sit down for a moment, will it be a long ride for us?"

Hoping for a pleasant answer in this growing nightmare he would find a barrel to rest beside. Most of his life had been spent in familiarity, and upon seeing the world he had been shell-shocked and bombarded with strife. There was beauty and complexity, but it was hard for him to adapt in all honesty. Those waves of thought began to churn, his mind was beginning to shake and very slowly it battered the walls. What was he going to see in Zahid, this strange city of blended cultures and merchants?

While waiting for answers he would look to one of the animal-headed crew. Looking at the line of their neck, of the physique. He was one to relate to strange appearances, he had horns and nails of flaming foul material. He could fly, alter his physique and bring forth disease. The knight was also cursed, carrying sickness with him, forgotten and now dying. Maybe he deserved everything that was happening to him? Did he though? What was the grand scheme of it all, there always seemed to be someone scheming?

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he stood there he would be holding his right arm. With his stave holding on to it. The darkness all around was something to be behold and it hit him. He truly had no way out of it. He truly was afraid of it. This reminded him of his mother so much. The darkness itself was not a friend of his and that is why he used light magic so much. As he closed his eyes he would prepare for the worse to come. Even going so far as to remember himself in a dark room his mother put him in for being a good little boy. As he was in that dark room. He would see one small ruhk fairy. It was his only friend but even sometime it would away too. But he did noticed one thing. When it was around the darkness would grow smaller and smaller.

As he open his eyes he would call forth his final attack. More or so a call for help. As he was too afraid too move. But he had to move. He had to move even when he is scared to death. With a deep breath he would let out his item attack yet again To strike both of the incoming attacks. The warth of apollo as his light ruhk came about he would say. "I am afraid and I hate being along and I hate being in the dark even more. But you know what I hate breaking my promises even more. So do your worse. But I shall take you down with me if it means the others would have a victory. Begone you demonstration from the deeps of the dark ruhk." Although he had no other options he would light the way for others to come through this dark place. He has gotten himself in. For at least they could see through this darkness. As he would bit his lips as he looked on. Lifting up his right arm to wave his stave. He would cast Twilight: Sign Of Eden As his knight came out to fight. He would send it towards the first tentacle. To clash to knock it's might down a bit. As he would keep the knight active to take on the same tentacle as if it would come again. Just as he did that he would use Twilight: Light Of Ghost To burn away at the next one coming at him. But he would be screaming as he added more power to this attack. Causing it to be of the rivaling tier of the shadow. Too burn it taway. As blood started to run down his nose he would literally start to light up the dark void to clear a way. As his head was indeed hurting from all this. Ghost would look on as he was truly starting to get weaker. But he did notice the tentacles were smaller. "Maybe a sign of victory."

Meanwhile Moka and Mya would truly he at a lost of How they got back to the start point and where was thier King for that matter?

Spoiler:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Saman would look over at Casrare and shrug “I am not sure. The great god travels through here each night so I would say a full night. But could be faster if time affects this area differently” She would reply looking at the oarmen. She seemed to be warming up to the Sassanid, possibly wanting to be friends with the man who seemed alone.

Casrare would feel his attention being pulled towards the river that they were traveling through. If He looks into the rolling river he would see his reflection before the green waters churned and twisted to forms images he had never seen before. It would change from scene to scene, first it would show drug dens with people in a dazed bliss, the next was a whore house with writhing figures. There were also images of nobles that were manifestations of greed doing as they please. All of these were signs of pleasure but it was uncertain if they were made from his fears or the memories of the deceased.

Ghost would put up a valiant defense of the oncoming tentacles of darkness. His first attack, the wrath of apollo and his warrior of light would destroy the fist one but both in turn be countered. Then the other would be destroyed as well by his third attack. While none of these actually hurt or damaged the Shadow it did affect the void from just the light from the attacks. Holes would pierce into the void casting rays of light into it which would cause the screaming shadow to vanish in the flashes of light.

As the void crumbles away Ghost would find himself near some docks of the city that were near the river. He would see some wrecked ships and a fish market around him. He would also notice that he was reunited with his two companions as if they were never separated.

NPCs:
Enemy for Ghost:

Notes:

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he was breathing hard he would fall to the ground. Just as Moka and Mya would turn around to see him. Ghost would be truly worn out. As he tried to stand up. With a flash of a rush his aids would come to him. As Moka would rally to pick him up. Ghost would look on. As Mya would rip a piece of her shirt off. Then she would take it to clean the blood from his mouth. With her teary eyes. She would look on as Ghost would say. "We must keep pushing forward. I have fraught off one of the lackies here. But I fear he may be the calm before the storm. But he did say something of interest. He said something about controlling the darkness. Easier said then done. We must start looking for clues at once " Moka would look on as she noticed the docks then turn around to see other places as well. "Right Now you are weaken you need to regain your strength. At least some of it. Mya look around for any clues or something as to get closer to the one who cast this spell. We need to know who this person is." Just as she said that Mya would take off.

As she searched the docks slowly but surely she would look around. "As it seems his majesty is weak and we need more information on things here. Now then where do I begin?" As she said that she would give a small smile as she saw a church looking place.
Soon within ten minutes she would go to it. Looking around she would knock on the door.

Note:
Using roll to have a big clue as to what to do next or someone to aid them in doing so

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

“My help?” The dark king’s brow rose skeptically. “Champion of chaos?” As if he were such a being in their world. “Even if I entertained the idea, what would I get out of helping you grow this creature, or any guarantee I won’t be disposed of once your goal has been met?” Perhaps the magician was projecting himself onto this woman, yet it had kept him on his toes for the longest time. “My dark metal vessel isnt the first, nor is it the last. I cant be that special to you, so why me?”

Tai Shi nodded, patting Hebe’s head lightly as he ruffled her hair. “Good girl. Let’s go after him, but stay close and stay behind me.” The general descended down the crypt to follow his master, wary of what lurked in the darkness and the reason for his king’s silence.

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

As the boat rocked, the river churning against the boat, Casrare would settle in. The waters of the dead seemed to be calling to him. Maybe it was curiosity, maybe it was stupidity but either way, he would following the beckoning call. As its mirrored surface would begin to play images for him he would simply play the observer he was meant to. Within it, all manners of debauchery would stage themselves in all kinds of sights. What were they exactly, what of this was real and what of this was an illusion?

The young knight was still ignorant to most of the magic world even if it had welcomed him. He was a walking disease yet, the magic before him made him sick. It was almost exactly like the images the priests had painted for him in his youth. The afterlife was something they were all brought into, but the blessed were humans. He knew this couldn't be truth, he wondered what of the truth to this world he had been brought into, but that would be with due time.

If he were to learn, he needed to experience. His eyes would absorb the water's gaze, and too would his hands meet it. Just to run through the strange waters. The best way to learn was through experience after all, and his body had learned a lot. While waiting for answers, he could at least have some conversation as well.

"So how's everyone enjoying the boat ride?" he'd ask, awkwardness dripping from his tone, or was that the sweat from plague?

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Right as the living plague talks, hands emerge from the water that he touched. Dozens of decaying, hands start grabbing the knight, pulling him into the river. As soon as he enters the river he finds himself living them scenes that he saw. He would experience these pleasure first hand. All of these new sensations would be strange and overwhelm the man who was like an infant in the real world. He would experience the bliss and fallout from a high on drugs, the consuming sensation of alcohol and other such pleasures.

Soon he would feel a hand pull him out of the water. Saman was holding the collar of his shirt attempting to pull him back up onto the boat. “Please please please don’t drown!”

She would smile as he talks, he did not seem totally against the idea. “Yes, a champion of Chaos. Someone who takes advantage of situations like this that is for neither side. Me and others refuse to be pawns of the Magi such as the contractor. We make dark djinn that are not connected to the contractor who only thinks about himself.” She would then move closer to him to answer his main question, “I will take away any fears you may or may not have of aging. With my resources and the dark rukh here I can make sure you never age again. You still wont be completely free of death such as weapons or poison but you could possibly outlive most in this world.” She says basically offering him a fountain of youth.

Hebe would nod, holding onto his garments tightly, afraid of the darkness of the catacombs.

A quiet fish market…
As he is searching he would discover that there was not a church in this area, just derelict ships on the docks and stands that are full of rotting fish. However, he would see something glinting catch his eye. He would find a large fish that had an orange orb in the fish’s mouth. The orb looked a lot like the one the group he was in earlier had found. Since he was with the group earlier he had seen the large obelisk earlier so all he had to do was find the one that was in this area.

He would see that there was a path that was covered in various patches of bloodstains along with what seemed to be fresh pools. He would hear a howl in that direction which seemed strange since there had been no signs of life up to this point.

NPCs:

notes:

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Adrastos chuckled. So the woman offered eternal youth as her bargaining chip for the dark king’s assistance, but yet that wasn’t the only reward the king of shadows would reap from this particular interaction. With her help, Adrastos could theoretically learn more about the vessels the Contractor hoarded for himself and make more unbound from that selfish bastard’s will, and even take the design of someone else’s making to mold in his own image.

“Very cunning,” he mused, stroking the rings as he gazed at the woman through his lashes. “You peer into the depths of my being to know one wish I desire most… Then use that knowledge to entice me to aid you in your own ventures.” The dark king approved of this sly tactic; he couldn’t help but be impressed. “Very well. I’ll help.”

Meanwhile, down the corridors of the crypt, the dark king’s general led the way with a small girl clinging to his garments with her small hands. The general didn’t want to call out, but seeing as how his master would not answer, there seemed to be no other choice. “My king!” His steps were slow, careful to not trip or spring some horrid trap. “Adrastos! Where are you?”

His new life began with the white-haired man. Adrastos was all the general knew, but he held no ill will. Adrastos treated his subordinates well, or at least the ones who were useful and didn’t fuck up. That meant the general, Nox, Yoshi, and the others he left in charge of his organization’s other branches. “I know you love the shadows, but this is no time for games, sire.”

Casrare

Casrare
β-Tier
β-Tier

It was a simple warning, but one he could not follow for drowned he did. it was not the waters that would flood his lungs, it was the flush of feeling in his heart that weighed him down. Even upon returning to the safe haven of the boat's deck, he was lost in the experience, in emotion. In those few moments that had enraptured him the Sasanid found himself on the precipice of a revelation. A 100 lifetimes false or true, it was enough for him to lose sense of it all. Was this the truth Sasan preached? That escape, that pain, and joy which permeate ever so slightly on the boundaries of free life?

Even if it was a maddening poison that was on him, he wasn't sure if he had made a mistake. He needed some time to gather his thoughts, as his appearance had lost its graces and a haze had glazed over his eyes. Like a bug clipped of its wings or a fish out of water. The words struggled to break past his lips as if it were damn keeping him from spewing his feelings. Chocking them back he would only mutter "G-got it, I think I might be seasick."

His touches of humor were only the honey for poison he was swallowing down, it was as if a farm child had been thrown into war in a foreign country 100 times over. He saw and felt things he doesn't understand, he knew that those feelings belonged to people's experience and that was theirs alone. Sasan didn't have the right to control the will of others, if god was truly denying them for safety did he really have that right? Wasn't it time for them to make their own decision.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As Mya looked on she would be staring at the fish mouth. Soon she would yell to Moka and Ghost. As they heard this. Ghost would be leaning Moka. As he would come around the edge way with her. As Moka had a grin on her face she would say to her. "We heard you the first time. At least let his majesty's ear drum be in one piece. Now what is it you yelling about?" Mya would flip her hair as she would say to Moka in response. "Whatever but it is one of those orange orbs. If I am right they come in pairs and we need to found the other one." As Ghost looked on he would slowly stand on his own. As he started to scan the large fish and the orb. As he turned around. He would look closer to see a pool of red water.

Turning back to the orb he would touch it. Only to walk towards the pool of red water. Ghost would then look down to see that this was no regular red liquored. It was instead blood and then he would hear a howl. This would send creepy chills down his back. As he looked up he would put two and two together. As be held out his right hand. Moka and Mya would stop there silly fighting. As they looked at him he would point for Moka and Mya to get ready for combat. So the trio would go deeper in following the howling noise staying close by each other. "My guess is what ever howled just now has the other orb. Or at least I hope so either way we need to go this way. Find that orb or that thing."

Note
Using roll to get closer to the thing that howl or the orb

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Saman pulls him back up onto the ship, flashes of images and senses would continue to wrack his body. Casrare would not just feel pleasure but the other end of these pleasures as well. He would feel the fear of a girl who was forced into slavery to serve as pleasure and entertainment for the lord whose pleasure he felt earlier. They tired and depressed feeling of someone who constantly sought pleasure and escape in the form of drugs and alcohol. These feelings would be the opposite of the feels of pleasure he had felt earlier showing him boths sides of the same coin.

Once on the ship the images would begin to fade as he begins to focus on his surrounding again to see Saman have her arms wrapped around the knight trembling. “I thought you were going to drown and leave me alone like everyone else has.” She says with a shaky voice

Asha would smile as the lord of darkness accepted her offer, clapping her hands. “Perfect! I am so glad that we could come to an arrangement that benefits the both of us. So let us go gather up the beautiful black rukh that is being formed in the country, that magi is not going to need it anyways. But first shall we reunite you with your friends?” With this the door they came in would open revealing the general and the little girl that was holding tightly on him as she looks a bit fearfully at the two strangers before her.

A quiet fish market…
Ghost and his party would pick up the orb before heading to the sound of the howling. As they get go down the street that would find themselves walking to a crossroads with a large obelisk in the center that was identical to the one they saw when they first entered the city. Near the magical tower was tacloaked figured with a spider insignia clear on their cloaks. It was hard to tell if they had any weapons or what type of fighters they were but one thing was certain was that they were not alone.

The group would hear something hit the ground behind them followed by another. Behind them were three emaciated looking jackals that were snarling at the group but not doing anything yet. The cloaked figures would speak “We applaud you for making it this far, most fall to their own fears quickly after entering this place. Not that it matters sense you are just destined to die at out hands.” With this two of the jacks would jump onto the sides of the buildings on either side of ghost using their claws to run on the walls before using a jumping strike at them attempting to dig their fangs into the magician’s two companions while the third was making a hacking sound before spitting a glob of green acidic goo at the leader Ghost.
NPCs:
Enemies:
notes:

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

“Friends?” Adrastos turned toward the door as it opened. Behind it was General Tai-Shi and a little girl clinging to his garments. His brow raised as he looked upon the small creature, eyes wide, lip quivering, knuckles white, and hands trembling ever so slightly. The dark king wondered where his general managed to pick up such a stray, or even why he let it tag along with him. Such a small human girl was a hindrance to keep around: their cries of love, food, wantings, and all manner or selfish bellows were just a few of their many flaws. They had to be constantly watched and protected as well. Adrastos looked back at his general, his earlier scrutiny now minor. “Why didn’t you contact me through the earring I gave you?”

The general’s mouth folded into a frown. “I did,” he responded, his voice displaying his own annoyance at his master’s lack of attention.

“Oh,” the dark king responded, but he clapped his hands together, shutting the book on the situation. ”This is Asha,” he introduced with a flippant wave of his hand. “We’ve come to a bargain that should benefit both parties. Do play nice.” He smiled at the young girl, partially donning the mask of his doctor persona to calm the child. “Hello there. I see you’ve found my general. I’m Adrastos,” he reached out his pale slender hand. “Thank you for bringing him to me. What’s your name?”

After introductions, Adrastos turned toward Asha. “Time is of the utmost importance, is it not?”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum