7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

The dark king halted. His hand hovered over The King’s Plow as his narrowed silver eyes watched the woman. “Asha,” he hissed, “Depends on who is asking and why.” All those names the woman Asha mentioned but one were commonplace, and yet she wasn’t familiar to him. His eyes flitted around, looking for some sign that a magical tool was being used to invade his mind. Gamigan entered his mind through dreams, played with his fears. Adrastos didn’t care for such trickery again as he observed the woman, waiting for any signs she’d attack so that he would be able to strike first.

Tai-Shi followed the trail of blood until incoherent voices could be heard in the distance. Curiously, the general could hear the cheering and sobbing of two females. Once the trail had been lost, he followed the sound of the voices until seeing the three figures in the distance. “Halt, who goes there?!” Tai-Shi’s voice boomed with authority as he marched forward, his polearm wielded in hand in case it was needed.

WORD COUNT: 1,243
MAGOI: 470/480
STAMINA: 200/200
NOTES:
• Adrastos talks with Asha.
• Tai-Shi follows the trail and confronts the trio he'd found.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he looked around he could not see a thing. He could not feel a thing but PURE FEAR. The darkness was all too much. For a being that only wishes to be in the light. Moka and Mya his Jack and Ace are no where to be seen. Ghost would fall to the ground shaking quite a bit. But to make matters worse he would start to hear her voice. His heart would start to beat at a fast rate. He was in pure shut down at what was going on. As he put his hands over his ears. It was far too late. As he looked on or at least tried to. As he would start to talk to himself or better yet the voice. To whom sound just like the one thing he was running away from. "This can't be you... should not be out of there. How could you have gotten out of there? Please..pp..please leave me be. I just do not want to go back I won't go back."

His very words sounded like a plea for help. As he was nearly about to surrended. As his Borg was nearly about to activate. But soon enough he would be in his subconscious yet again. As he was not in a chair this time. But rather in a dark corner of his mind. Looking on the little imp would be down licking on his ice cream. As he saw Ghost. Lick.lick.lick.....lick .lick.lick!!!"You really are a work of art. People like you who love too much tends to hurt the most. Instead of being a coward try to friend your ohana. Or open up your eyes. See the world for what it is. Try to take it head on. If not you just might die of a heart attack." Ghost would start to calm down. But the fear was all too real. As he took out his stave. He would start to take a deep breath. Hopefully as he opens his eyes. He would not be in so much fear. As his Ace was swinging her weapon around in the dark. Getting ready to hunt down the beast that would do such a thing. Of separating her from her KING."Wow how could I have falling for such a trick. Listen up creature of the night you best hope I never see you. Your Majesty just wait for me."

Note:Trying to Break free of the darkness to reunite with his NPC

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

As the others continued to muse about and fuss over the obsidian pillar centered in the town square Menat made herself busy by searching in other areas, knowing full well she was less than useful when it came to such things as identifying magical objects and their sources. She imagined something else would need to be around that was worth taking notice. Sadly all she would notice was what seemed to be a fragment of some sort of spherical object. As she examined it further she noticed that, judging by the fragment's shape and size, that it was roughly a third of the entire object. The young Princess wondered what the actual purpose of the overall object was. Simply placing the object among the rest of her belongings Menat would resume her search of the area, looking further for more objects that felt out of place while making sure to keep an eye out for more of the sphere's fragments as she went.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

In the city square…

Kamal would notice both Noir and Menat acquire their strange fragments from his position. He raised his brow, intrigued that they would decide to pocket their findings instead of revealing them outright. But alas, he keeps quiet, opting to watch them. (12, 17)

Casrare offers his insight to Kamal along with conveying a few questions in regards to the other pillars. “The other pillars might seem close but this spell makes it difficult to navigate through the city. One moment, you’ll be here and the next, you’ll be on the other side of town with monsters at your heels,” he says, rubbing the back of his neck.

A slight smile forms on his lips as Casrare’s form seemed to change and blackened clouds form around him. “Hey— before you go off on your own, you should take this with you.” Kamal would take a dagger from his sleeve, making an s-curve in the air.

Baath Thuban,” he says, commanding the rukh to form a small snake made of pure, radiant light. It slithers up Casrare’s leg and finds itself comfortable around his neck. The snake would feel warm, almost comforting to the touch, and look up at him with cute, beady eyes. Its tongue flicks out, slapping lightly on his cheek.

Casrare would find no resistance in his flight with the only thing stopping him being the dome of fog that hung above his head. While up in the sky, he would be able to see the near-exact location of all four towers. The one beneath him, one nearby to the north-east, another to the far north west, and the last in the center of the city, the largest of all.

“Be careful out there, kid. If you run into trouble or a beautiful girl who uses shadows, just send it back. It’ll find me.”

Noir enters a nearby building with her companion Haku. Upon entering, she would find towering shelves; filled shelf to shelf with a muted assortment of books. If she were to search the shelves, none of the texts would stand out as anything related to their plight. To her, it would seem as though an ordinary library with little to nothing out of place. (5)

In a stroke of luck, Haku would discover a tome laced with magic just resting upon the floor. Upon inspection, it’d be clear to any magician that gets their hands on it that the magical make-up is similar to that of the pillar. The label upon the cover is rather worn, unable to be read. If one was to try to open it, they would notice a lock linking two metal loops holding it shut. (15)

Menat continues to search around the plaza for any other orb fragments. Without having to go very far, she would find another piece hidden under a rucksack. If she placed both her pieces together, the orb would begin to glow, binding them to each other. (20)

Kamal would take interest in her miraculous find, tossing a small pebble at Menat's head to get her attention. Stricken with a slight irritation in his voice, he calls out to her. “Oi! Why don’t you share your discovery with the rest of the class? Or do you and the pretty one plan on keeping them to yourselves?” From the volume of his voice, Noir would be able to hear him from within the building should she decide to remain within. If not, she would be met with a sour glance.

Despite her efforts, the small child is only further frightened by Manaka. Tears stream down her face, staining her cheeks. She whimpers, throwing her hands over her ears and shouts. “Go away, monsters!” The black rukh around her would only turn more violent as her emotions built up.

However, the booming voice of Tai-Shi catches her immediate attention. She seems to light up and rushes to him, clasping her arms around his leg. Her large, cerulean eyes peer up at him and then back at Hyperion and his group. She points at them, her expression was braver than it had been before. “Bad monsters...”

Down inside the crypts…

“No need to worry. I have no intentions of attacking you.”

Asha stands at pause for a moment before taking a light breath. Adrastos would notice the aura around her shift. Like a chill pricking at the back of his neck. No matter how hard he looked, he would find no evidence of magical influence within the space save for the black rukh that fluttered around her. While his lack of emotion would lend him a hand, there was no doubt there was something odd about this woman.

Suddenly, her eyes open wider. Reaching into her sleeve, she pulls out an orb. It was slightly larger than her palm and a deep red in color. Magic exudes from this object as orange and black rukh begin to gather. “This key,” she states, chuckling breathily, “I wonder... what secrets may it reveal?”

The strange woman turns on her heel, continuing to walk further into the crypt. “Come, dear death,” she beckons, turning her head to look back at him. “Walk with me. We shall savor the shadows and sweet perfume.” She turns away, her pout apparent in her voice. “So much to do in such little time. I have waited so long. So, so long...”

Even if Adrastos decided not to follow her, there was only one way to go. He would notice the stairs had disappeared. The torches glow dims lower and lower as she strolled down the path, leaving only the orb to light their path.

In an alleyway far… far away…

The shade circles Ghost, placing a hand on his cheek. Its gentle, caressing touch was like searing ice on his skin. “Oh, but it is.” Her voice purrs in his ears in a symphony of tones.

He collapses to the floor which brings forth a peal of mocking laughter. “Are you that much of a coward? Did you think I could not track you down?” As he zoned out, the shade would observe him, circling idly around him. When he awoke from his subconscious, he would find himself unable to break free of the magic that had taken hold of the space. (8)

The shade would ignore Moka and instead, send her from the space. Light would return to her vision and his Ace would appear back in the alleyway just outside of the city hall. Unfortunately for her, Ghost would be nowhere in sight.

In the endless abyss, Ghost was trapped. Before him, the realm would shift into an endless wasteland. The dry, cracked dirt beneath his hands seemed to go on forever. Dead trees and dehydrated bones scattered across the landscape. His mother stood beside him.

She takes in a deep breath, almost at peace as she exhales softly. “Isn’t it beautiful?” A gentle sigh passes from her lips. “All of this is… it’s all you.” Her arms stretch out wide before landing softly at her sides. A black snake slithers around her arms, hissing at Ghost as it passes by him.

“You *will* be a king, after all. It is only a matter of time.”

NPCs:
Player Notes:

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Manaka's mouth would be wide ajar, her brows wrinkled in confusion to the girls reaction. But Hyperions hand would secure her shoulder, shaking his head to her response. Hyperion would have to ignore the child, whom had reminded him of the sour ending between himself and Dalia. He wasn't willing to put himself through that again. Perhaps it was for the best.

The general was definitely a threat, but between his allies he felt they would have a solid edge on him. But there was no inquisition on their part.

Sasuke didn't quite understand, not having the same experience, but Diana had initially been hired to protect Dalia, so she was more understanding. With a bit of consolation for Manaka, they would make their way to the next closest obelisk.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Even though the magician didn't find anything useful, Haku was able to made a discovery. There was a tome on the floor, either it fell down from the shelves or someone just left it there on purpose they couldn't really tell. But Noir could tell that it was laced with magic the moment she picked up the book, a similar one that she felt from the pillar even. As she tried to open the book, she would notice it she wasn't able to do so because there was a lock. It wouldn't budge when she tried to open it with her bare hand, so she might have to try to open it with magic. However when she wanted to do so, she would hear Kamal's voice, seemingly mentioning her to share what she discovered.

With a sigh, the golden eyed magician kept the magic book with her as she mounted Haku to go back to where Kamal and the others were waiting for now. Guess she could tinker the book later when she got the chance, for now she just had to make a haste to go back to the pillar. When she arrived back, she would walk towards Kamal and said, "I found a piece of broken orange orb, and this book." The magician said, showing two of her discoveries. Then, she would wave her staff and cast Onda D’urto, making the static energy as small as possible just enough to break the lock. If she managed to open it, she would try to read it to find out the content of the book.

Magoi: 560/570
Stamina: 260/260

Skills:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat's attempts to further explore for things of interest or importance was rewarded when she uncovered yet another fragment from under a rucksack. Looking it over she noticed that it had broken in a pattern matching one section of the piece she had already discovered. Perhaps it was one of the missing two? Now all she had to do was find the third one and she could begin trying to figure out the answer to that puzzle. As she continued to study the new fragment she felt something bounce off the helmet shaped bark covering her head, the sound of the thunk more noticable than the actual feeling itself. It seemed Kamal had wanted her attention to try and find out what it was she had found. Apparently she wasn't the only one either as he made sure his voice was loud enough for one of the others to hear him mention of "the pretty one" as a clue.

If she could roll her eyes still Menat would have done just that yet instead the light filling the spaces in the bark on her head where her eyes once were seemed to shift instead before settling once more. "I found this thing." She said as she turned back to face him. "It looks like a part of some kind of orb." Without a second thought she produced the first one she managed to find and held one fragment in each hand. "I found two so far. I didn't think much from the first piece but they look like they fit together." Menat continued as she brought the fragments closer to test that theory. As the broken pieces connected at the seams they began to glow for a moment before once more returning to normal, save for the fact the two pieces were now a single object once more. "And apparently I was right. I'm not any kind of magician so any of you that knows about magic able to find anything out from this thing?" She questioned the group, holding up the semi-complete sphere towards the rest of them.

Ghost

Ghost
A-Tier
A-Tier

As he was kneeling down he would in a panic like state of mind. Ghost was indeed on the edge of breaking down. But this was not the first time he was in such a mess. But this was truly the hardest it has ever hit him. Meanwhile his Ace would be looking around to see she was right where they started but to no hope. As she was dumbfounded as what just happened to them. As she would scream out in a low tone of voice "good for damn nothing withces" Meanwhile his Jack would be still there with the others. As she remain quiet all while still around the others. The sliver hair girl would be sure to take notes. As she looked on at what the others were talking about. She would hold the hooded cloak down over her head as she stayed to herself for now.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

With their prospects known, Noir and Menat reveal what they’ve stowed away thus far. Between them were three fragments of a strange, orange orb. The Meridian princess wastes little time in combining her pieces which fuse together without much effort.

Kamal hops off the statue, walking over to Menat only to snatch it out of her hand. “Well, well. Look at this.” He holds it up, examining it with care. “It’s missing a piece or two. Let’s see if her fragment matches up.” After placing the orb in his jacket pocket, he would make his way over to Noir. He picks up into a jog when she uses her spell to open her book.

Wait—”

When Noir peers into its contents, the text would begin to quickly glow a bright purple and burn the pages back to the spine. It would reveal a page with a strange marking upon it and explode into a puff of smoke. Fortunately, nothing else happens. (12)

Kamal stops abruptly with a worried look on his face that swiftly turns to irritation. “Are you insane?! Why would you— Where did you even find that?” He turns his head away and sighs. “Sorry, I guess. Just… try not to open anything strange, okay? That’s the kind of shit my sister does. A real magnet for danger, that one.” A splash of color flushes to his cheeks and he fails to meet her gaze.

“Here, give me your piece. I’ll put it together.” His hand reaches into his pocket, taking out the orb. He holds out his other hand. “Better it hurt me than you two if something goes south.”

Off to the side, Hyperion and his companions made the decision to leave the little girl alone, preventing conflict between them and General Tai Shi. They head towards the next closest pillar which leads them down a spidering path of city streets.

Upon their departure, the little girl peers up at Tai Shi. Her youthful face was painted in awe. Tiny hands grip onto his pant leg. “Wow… you’re really amazing, mister.” She buries her face into his leg, hugging it tightly before looking back up at him. “You saved me from the monsters. I-I don’t have any money to give you but I can serve you!” By the look in her eyes, she seemed eager to do so. As though whether or not he accepted would change her fate.

NPCs:
Player Notes:

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow General

Tai-Shi looked down at the little girl once the others had departed. He didn’t deserve her awe; he hardly did anything at all. He looked down at her with a raised brow upon her request. He was a servant to the Shadow King, how could his, the Shadow General, take in a servant? She was also just a little girl. Wouldn’t she be better off free? Tai-Shi shook his head as he sheathed his weapon. If he were Adrastos, her worth would need to be proven. He wouldn’t fully permit her to serve until she showed some value. At the same time though, Tai-Shi saw no issue with having the little girl serve him since she was so eager.

“Very well,” he said, unsure how to handle a child servant, “If that’ll make you happy, I see no reason to decline. What's your name?”

WORD COUNT: 1,387
MAGOI: 470/480
STAMINA: 200/200
NOTES:
• Tai-Shi allows the girl to serve.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The magician wasn't able to figure out what the content inside the book was when the text started glowing, not even her eyes could capture the text because everything happened too fast and all of sudden, she would notice a page with a strange marking before it exploded into a puff of smoke. She would remember that marking with her photographic memory. But it was understandable to see Kamal’s reaction when she tried to open the book.

“I apologize. My curiosity had almost endangered all of us.” Noir would bow to Kamal who seemed upset towards her clumsiness. Although there was something within the man’s words that would make her raise an eyebrow. He mentioned that her sister examined strange things and perhaps it was the cause of her disappearance? But it was not the time to ask about that, she was more curious on what will happen with the orb. “Do you think we can try to put the orb into the statue now? But would it be dangerous?” She would ask the man, trying to learn from her mistake. Although she would turn around to Menat and say, “Please stand behind me, my borg will be able to protect us if something happens.”

But then she thought it might also be good timing to find out about the marking and their guide might know about it. “Kamal, do you know about the marking on the book?” Noir would begin to describe the symbol to the man, hoping to get some clue of what the mark was associated with. Then, after she got her answer, she would begin to go to the closest pillar to try finding any other clues.

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

"Jerk." Menat muttered under her breath once Kamal had snatched her combined orb fragments from her hands after the two pieces had united. The Meridian Princess folding her arms across her chest with an attempt to pout at his action yet one would only be able to tell if they were to look at the glow which acted as her eyes seeing as her face was devoid of other means of expression now. Yet she would remain where she stood, her focus on Kamal and his actions once he obtained the fragment Noir had found herself. She was ready to see what would happen next.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Noir had surrendered her fragment to Kamal, he would place it into the crack. The object glows with a brilliance of pure light. It is bright, almost blinding for a mere second before dimming down to a soft radiance. Despite the reaction, he doesn’t seem surprised.

He walks over to the obelisk and crouches down at the base. His fingers wipe away at the inside of the crevice before looking back at them. “It might be,” he says. “But I doubt it.” Kamal waits a moment before slotting the orb into the obelisk. It begins to grow brighter and the stone begins to rumble. Chunks of the statue break off, bouncing off of his borg and kicking up dust as they crash into the ground. He looks up, standing to back away as it collapses.

As the smog settles, the orb shatters and dims to grey. Any signs of magic generated by the tower had faded with its destruction. “It’s… broken, I guess.” An anticlimactic ending for him by the look on his face. Above them, the skies begin to lighten and the number of black rukh present lessens. Where the fog around them was thick, begins to thin. If anything, it felt more ordinary than before.

He sighs, looking back to Noir with raised brows. “Oh, right— your question. I didn’t see the marking but I know those books are used to hurt people. Some think it’s funny but it’s a bit cowardly if you ask me.” Kamal shrugs his shoulders, brushing off his coat. “We should get going. There are three of these things left and while I trust my sister can handle herself. There is only so much magoi a magician can expend before they run out.”

Off on the side, the little girl would let go of Tai Shi, stepping back from him. She gives a little hop and a squeal before calming herself down. “My name is Kebe, m’lord.” After giving a mediocre curtsy, she tilts her head. “Where shall we go, m’lord?”

NPCs:
Player Notes:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

The results of the group's experiments with the orb, once the fragments had all been united and the sphere complete, and the pillar proved to be less impressive than most seemed to hope for. They had watched Kamal unite the orb fragments with the same soft light that had appeared when Menat combined her own fragments, which appeared to be unimpressive to the youth, before clearing out the slot he would then place the sphere into on the pillar. Upon insertion the orb began to glow far brighter and the pillar began to rumble. Chunks of the structure began to fall from it, bouncing off the magician's borg and leaving him unharmed. Dirt and sand were stirred up by the falling rubble hitting the ground until the rumbling ceased and the smog cleared.

The reconstructed orb had once more been shattered, the color drained to a dull grey for each of the pieces, and lay in the rubble that had formerly been the ebony pillar. Kamal's reaction was less than lukewarm in Menat's view as he simply remarked that it had broken. Yet Menat, with her new form, noticed something far more imperative had resulted from their recent experiment. She could feel light from above being absorbed into her new plant-based body that had basically been smothered like Menat when she pulled her blankets over her in the morning to block the sunlight that tried to wake her. The air around them felt less suffocating as well with her vision less strained to peer through the thick fog they had all entered. "I think we need more orbs." Was her simple statement as she put the pieces together on what had happened. Without waiting for a response from Kamal or any others in their group the young Meridian Princess rushed back to where she had previously located the two fragments she had already found.

With gusto and determination she began searching in hopes of finding more fragments or even complete orbs.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir's golden eyes would keep staring towards the statue, taking a mental notes of whatever was happening currently. She would notice the fog begin to becoming less thick after the pillar crumbled, assuming that they might have to insert other orbs into other pillars. This would make it clearer on what they had to do to help the city.

Kamal's answer to her question was rather disturbing, someone was making a trap inside a book to hurt people. That simple answer was enough to tick Noir's patience, someone had sinned for using innocent books as the medium of curse. With Menat left to look for more orbs, Noir would decide to go to other area. "Do you want come with me? I would like to explore another area." The magician asked the man. If he agreed to come with her, she would head to the nearest pillar to see if she could find something there. The best she could do would be to meet her acquaintances and told them about the pillar and the orb, perhaps with more manpower they could find the orb's pieces sooner and they could bring down the pillar quickly.

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

“Hebe,” Tai-Shi repeated with a nod. “We need to find someone, but on the way, perhaps you could tell me a little bit about yourself.”

Tai-Shi would gently mess with one of the earrings he wore, a gift from his master to be used in emergencies and gather intel. Feeding magoi into them, the general would attempt to relay a message to his king in an attempt to locate him. While h would wait for a response, the shadow general decided to search for a hospital or some graveyard, thinking those the most likely of places given his master’s pull toward death and his alter ego of a doctor.

“Were you in those cages I found? The shackles? Why?” He paused, forcing himself to take these sorts of questions slow. Hebe was still a child after all, but he needed information only she could give. “Take your time,” he reassured. “I just need to know what’s happened to this city.”

Notes: Tai Shi searches for Adrastos while asking Hebe some personal questions and using the earrings to get into contact with Adrastos

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Menat would find nothing in her search that she was looking for. All except for the many irreparable fragments of the previous orb that chipped off in the destruction of the pillar.

Kamal watches her for a time until Noir speaks forward, inviting him to accompany her deeper into the city. He shrugs but there is no hesitation in his words. “Sure. I’ll be right behind you.” But before they departed, Kamal would whistle over at Menat. “You comin’ or are you going to keep digging through dirt?”

Whether or not Menat would be following them, he keeps behind Noir, accompanying her on the road to the nearest pillar.

The magic in Tai-Shi’s earring would connect with the dark king, allowing him to relay his message.

As they walked through the streets, he would ask the little girl many questions. All of which caused a perplexed look on her face. There was a lot for her to think about.

“They used to put me in cages and metal bracelets. They said I was dangerous. But Hebe isn’t dangerous.” A sullen look overtakes her face as she grips gently at the hem of her dress. “A monster let me out of the cage. But he was scary so I ran away.”

It wasn’t long until the roads led them to the empty church where the lingering of a dark presence hung thick in the air. Hebe seemed the least bothered, even going as far as to walk ahead onto the front steps. “The door is open,” she notes, cheerily. “Hello?” Her voice bounces off the walls. A sound that causes her to giggle before turning back to Tai Shi, seemingly waiting for his direction.

NPCs:
Player Notes:

Menat

Menat
β-Tier
β-Tier

Menat would only find frustration as her search proved fruitless. The only fragments resembling any sort of orb were those belonging to the one that had just become irreparable after its use in the pillar. Nor did there seem to be any kind of useful items of notice either. Her shifting through the random clutter and the sands was halted by the sharp whistle of the otherwise rude Kamal. It seemed he and Noir were heading off deeper into the city and, with sarcasm, questioned if she would be following along as well or continuing her otherwise pointless search. With a sigh she found there was no other real option. Without anything more to keep her searching the immediate area she would take off after the duo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum