You are not connected. Please login or register

Warrior + Reim = Gladiator [Caelus / Social]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Alexander sat down on one of the unconscious thieves as a slight breath escaped his lungs. He took the salve and the bandages, gratefully even if he didn't feel he needed, he felt graciousness was an important quality in a person. "I heard this was the fastest way to get to the port, and I am on a sort of a schedule right now. The faster I leave and come back, the better." He thought about his line of work and the plan he had concocted with Requiem Jinx, would he keep his word? Well, it didn't matter, right now he had to focus only on himself.

"Ah, it's Caelus..."
He took the rat out from underneath his shirt, which took the brunt of a stab wound, laughing at the situation. He clicked his tongue for his rats to come, and he drew a little circle on the ground, a few rats made a small hole and Alexander laid the fallen rat for a tiny burial, taking a pair of twigs and forming an "x" for a burial marker. "You've really caught my interest, Caelus. I have so many questions for you, but I don't want to quite bombard you all at once. I'm sure you've realized that I'm a Fanalis, and I thought you were when I first met you, but your strength and speed don't seem to quite... match? Especially considering how skilled you are, since it evidently more than makes up for it. Even as a Fanalis, I don't think I could defeat you in a head-to-head battle." It was only then that Alex began to apply the salve to his minor wound.

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Fair enough.  Caelus thought.  Alexander's explanation did not quite answer his question, but he supposed that it did not really matter.  After all, they were complete strangers up until a few minutes ago.

Caelus watched curiously as Alexander commanded his rats to dig a burial mound.  Despite the number of rodents under his control, he appeared to care for each one individually.  He even marked the tiny grave with twigs.  It was sweet, in a weird way.

The conversation circled back towards Caelus, with Alexander pointing out that although Caelus looks like a Fanalis, he does not quite fit the description.  "Oh that's easy.  I'm just human.  Well, sort of.  I'm kind of a mix.  You see, my father was a magician, and my mother was a full blooded Fanalis.  But when they had me, i guess i split the difference."  Caelus sat down and leaned back against the tree with his hands behind his head.  "I didn't inherit either of their abilities.  I mean, besides my dashing good looks and hair.  But no crushing strength or seeing the Rukh."  He paused.  "It wasn't bad though.  I never felt useless or less-than.  They raised me to believe in myself."

"As for swordplay, i learned from watching the gladiators.  I guess another thing i got from my parents was my ability to copy what i see.  And the rest is just from real experience."  He settled deeper against the tree, and took a cleansing breath.  "But i'm talking too much.  What about you?  What's your story?"

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Alexander kept his eyes trained on Caelus, observing his gestures and making eye contact. The recounting of his own history was so eerily similar, but the way they turned out was completely different.Nodding as the mix gave Alexander a chance to recount his own history. "My father and mother were like yours, magician and fanalis respectively. My father ran off and my mother fought in the Colosseum, so I get to see it too, but I was too young and my mother didn't quite care to help or train me. And eventually, she got rid of me." He didn't get into the details of his mothers drug abuse nor how he was removed from his mother's side, straight into the hands of a slaver. "I only remember my mother fighting from behind the walls. Where I work I sell beasts, and I managed to make friends with these guys, so it was just a natural evolution, but I'm not really so happy with my work, so I think I'm gonna leave and quit."

His demeanor dropped as he thought of everything that happened, was this the sort of person he could have been if he had a loving family? "We're really a lot a like, but also not very. But I plan to become more like you, I really admire your skills with a blade, and I intend to go home to Reim and debut at the Colosseum myself, maybe I'll see you there?" His eyes glanced over at the blade at Caelus' side, imagining himself with one at the Colosseum with the roar of a crowd cheering him on.

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Listening to Alexander's story was almost like listening to his own, but with a dark twist. Where Caelus had a loving family and support, Alexander had neither. Despite this, Caelus felt they could almost be brothers. And frankly how they had not met before despite living in the same city and both frequenting the Colosseum was astounding. It clearly pained Alexander to recount his past, and it seemed to Caelus that there was more to the story. But again, it was not his life, and he would not try to pry into it further than he was allowed. The part about someday meeting Caelus in the Colosseum got a genuine laugh out of him however. "Ahaha! You're gutsy! I'll have you know that i've never lost a match. And some hastily learned swordplay isn't going to get you far. But alright, it's a challenge then. I look forward to it."

He paused for a moment before continuing, his tone more reserved. "And... look, I lost my parents during the Kou invasion. So in that respect, i know what its like to have nobody to help you. I only became a gladiator because it put food in my belly and a roof over my head. I've been fighting ever since then just to stay alive." He took a breath. In as much as he was about to offer, it was him equally asking in return. "So if you need somebody that you can rely on, it can be me. We'll be brothers. Or something."

This was a big step for Caelus. Up until this point, he had never once asked for help from others. He accepted it when it was offered to him, but he never asked. His need to be self sufficiently strong was always in the way. So in this act of offering his help, he was also asking for the same. Someone to rely on.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Alexander heard that Caelus had lost his parents, it must have been painful and it was most likely the reason the Reiman was out of his homeland. Not wanting to push the matter just yet or mention that both of his parents were still alive.

The slaver was happy but also careful, unwilling to jepordize his relationship with his newfound brother by mentioning his occupation, waiting for a future where he no longer had to be ashamed of his line of work, where he could proudly meet Caelus in the Colosseum. Even if it had seemed that his brother understood the feeling of necessity. That one is able to go beyond their comfort zone to survive, which is what lead him to his current lifestyle.

Alexander offered Caelus a handshake but reached to his elbow so their forearms were side by side, and with his free arm, patted his back not using his Fanalis strength.  

"Brothers."

[Exit]

Caelus Valeria

Caelus Valeria
A-Tier
A-Tier

Caelus cracked a wide grin. He took his new brother's arm and grasped it, standing up as he did so. "Brothers." He echoed.

The pair left the tree on the road shortly after. Both had things to accomplish before they'd meet again. But a location was set. The next time they saw each other, it would be as opponents in the Colosseum. "I hope he knows that i won't go easy on him just because we're family." He smiled again. Family... A word he had not been able to use for some years now. It felt good.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum