15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Aoife Reis

Aoife Reis
C-Tier
C-Tier

Gonna jump in the ring here, because this is absurd:

Most of these complaints seem very personal, regardless of what Ariel says, and this entire situation seems borne out of reasons other than "wishing to question the competency of our current admins." This is in no way a mature way to go about this and judging from some of the posts here wanting Diana to step down, it seems like the responses of petulant children who were upset they got something taken away from them. I'm sorry if that sounds mean, but that's the only way possible I could have worded something like that.

On to reasons why Diana should not be voted out:

- To decide this now would undoubtedly cause the site to crumble. New players won't find any structure or plot progression; old players will have to wait for yet another administration to get something going or we keep the tried and ineffective method of inheriting the site from the previous person. It's not going to work, no matter how positive we are, because it's very obvious people are less inclined to be active on this site with all of the negativity going around. Negativity actively incensed by a certain person who posted this thread.

- If we're going to start pointing the finger at one person, that just creates a culture of people not being able to get along. Having secret meetings to depose the current admins from their position? Constant spats in the Discord that get far too personal far too quickly? Who wants to be in that? It just doesn't seem at all pragmatic to introduce this.

- Unfortunately, since this has been mentioned, the bell can't be unrung. Regardless of the outcome, all of this will have come to light and nobody is going to look at anyone on this site the same. What should have been handled privately and discreetly turned into a colossal shit-storm. If this was decided in a civil manner? That would be better. But since it's been steeped in the disgruntled whines of someone who's been beefing with pretty much everyone on this site, that's just gonna create a jockeying for power. There's very little rational thought being brought into this and everyone is just going to vote based on whatever microcosm of party politics we got going on here.

- Maligning anyone, an adult, who is "not sober" in the Discord chat, in a community of their friends, is both controlling and ridiculous to the point that it borders of bullying. That happened once? Tell me, how many strikes do people get on this site for being viciously rude? Because I'm fairly certain we've all had at least three by now.

- Diana's smart. Sure she doesn't know the systems, but she's surrounded herself with people who do. And if that is a major point of contention, I'm sure now that she knows it is a very big issue, there's no reason to assume she won't seek more education on them. That being said, we have users and moderators here who are quite knowledge on systems. There's no sense in an admin not deferring to their staff for questions.

At the end of the day, we're all friends here and want to get along but a lot of this stuff is getting in the way of that. It's pretty freaking clear a lot of people care deeply about the site, why try and ruin it? Regardless of whether or not you believe things either says think to be true, it's unfair to pin this on Diana when we are all guilty of it.

Everyone just take a breather, think about what's really important, and start posting so you can fucking get to Omega-tier.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Emperor Jaja | Let me set the record straight. Only one person who has been both inactive from the chat and the site have voted already. That one person will probably be the last one - I don't plan on allowing old and inactive members from even before Diana joined vote. That would make the results highly questionable.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

Right when I saw Ariel post and then a few more mods, I knew it was going to be yes men army come to jump on this and put in every one of their two cents.

That's exactly what staff has become at this point with the opinion to support Diana although it's been plenty of time since Diana has become admin and we've all seen how she has handled it so far.

I wouldn't even doubt if the staff is only in it for the huang to benefit their own characters, I know some already are.

Whatever though, I'm not going to try to word my sentences professionally or anything cause I really don't want to. I'm just saying that staff has become exponentially worse over the months.

DM posts used to come much faster than this, you had a lot less drama and etc. Not only that but you have even your own staff talking behind your own backs. Previous staff despises the current adminship too if you haven't noticed the obvious by the way.

Nahvi

Nahvi
D-Tier
D-Tier

ok If Diana is the only one punished for this then!!!!!

TADA

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t9431-another-poll-but-for-a-reoccurring-thorn-in-our-sides#51026

We ehave another Lovely Post right here that deals with Toxicity in our future =3=

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm archiving this as this discussion is clearly over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum