Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

3Jahan's still got it Empty Re: Jahan's still got it 28/08/17, 08:13 am

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

General - You can remove any numbers you have in sustain, simply change them to “0” or “-”. You only really update the sustain section DURING an actual fight.~

Abaddon - You don’t need the self-injury on this ability, since it’s super simple to perform. TBH, the only kind of self-injury requirement/drawbacks I’ve seen since the system update, has been linked to either a symbiote/parasite or some kind of body manipulator ability. If the ability was more complex, and perhaps strained the user’s body more than the average “sword slash”, then I think a self-injury requirement would be justified. This just isn’t one of those cases.

Apollyon - Abaddon’s grading applies to this as well, but I also have a bit of advice for abilities like these. You don’t really need two abilities that do the same thing, unless one was lower tier, then it’d make a lot more sense. You could try making them a bit different, I actually have a decent idea of how you could do it too. Maybe instead of making Abaddon a simple slash attack, you could make the sidestep on the ability into something more than fluff. By splitting the damage in half (C-Tier), you could give the ability a better-functioning “gap closer” by making your character do a sort of jump, or maybe roll 5-meters in the direction you’re gonna be attacking. If that makes any sense. If not, I can try to explain myself a bit later.

Emygdius - Emygdius and Bora are going to share grading, since they are essentially the same ability. Like I said before, it’d be better if you just changed up one of these ability. They basically do the exact same thing, so you’re gonna be hurting yourself if you get two of the same ability (That are of the same tier.) Also, despite being able to parry as a warrior, you’re not really gonna be able to completely redirect an attack like that. Parries now work with logic, so you’d only be using this against things with tangibility. AKA; You’re not gonna be slinging a magician’s fireball back at them. Instead, you’d have a better chance at redirecting someone’s physical attack back at them.

Bora - Emygdius and Bora are going to share grading, since they are essentially the same ability. Like I said before, it’d be better if you just changed up one of these ability. They basically do the exact same thing, so you’re gonna be hurting yourself if you get two of the same ability (That are of the same tier.) Also, despite being able to parry as a warrior, you’re not really gonna be able to completely redirect an attack like that. Parries now work with logic, so you’d only be using this against things with tangibility. AKA; You’re not gonna be slinging a magician’s fireball back at them. Instead, you’d have a better chance at redirecting someone’s physical attack back at them.

Black Heaven and Earth : Gathering of Heavenly Gods - Alright, so I get what you’re trying to do with this. However, I think it’d be in your best interest to actually make this ability B-Tier instead. The way magoi manipulation works in the new systems, the ability actually gets increased by a total of one tier for free. So, a B-Tier ability that does this same exact thing, would still do A-Tier damage. However, this effect actually caps out at A-Tier. Which basically means you’re not gonna be able to get an A-Tier ability, to do Omega-Tier damage. It’s really odd how that works, but it makes more sense in a balance perspective.

Side Note -- If you could give Gremory a different thread, that’d be great. There’s actually a djinn section in abilities, so it’d go there. ^^ I’ve got a little bit of looking to do, but I think we’re gonna need to rework the passive for you too. I know you said you liked the passive right now, so I’ll definitely do my best to keep it the same/similar. I just need to translate it better for the new systems. (If needed, I haven’t read it thoroughly yet.)  

5Jahan's still got it Empty Re: Jahan's still got it 04/09/17, 07:38 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

General - Make sure that your “Sustain” is set to “0” or “-”.

Abaddon - Since this ability is C-Tier, it shouldn’t do B-Tier damage. I feel like this was just a typo on your end though. XD

Emygdius - This ability still needs to specify some things. Since it’s a form of parry, and it’s only C-Tier, it’s only going to be able to reflect up to C-Tier abilities (that are tangible). Also, the scaling set as “Defense” doesn’t make too much sense. It would make more sense if it was “Damage” or maybe “Hits”. Oh, and also make sure you specify that this ability isn’t going to be able to parry intangible things. Such as fire, wind, gasses, ect.

Black Heaven And Earth: Gathering of Heavenly Gods
- Please note that scaling this ability with damage is completely useless. I’d suggest hits, or something else.

7Jahan's still got it Empty Re: Jahan's still got it 04/09/17, 09:31 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think everything is good to go! Approved!

Code:
[center][b]Abaddon[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b]Offensive
[b]Range:[/b]Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Character must be using a light-weight bladed weapon.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Sustain:[/b]-
[b]Cool Down:[/b]2
[b]Cost:[/b] 20
[b]Description:[/b] Jahan takes a sidestep in any direction while simultaneously swinging his sword diagonally  dealing C-Tier Damage to anything it hits.

[center][b]Emygdius[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Type:[/b]Defensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]Character must be using a light-weight bladed weapon. Character must perform the technique starting with feet planted on ground.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Cool Down:[/b]2
[b]Cost:[/b]20
[b]Description:[/b] Jahan steps forward, simultaneously rotating the blade in a clockwork direction (clockwise/counter clockwise), redirecting any incoming attacks along the the blade. The attack is effective on C tier abilities. This ability is a parry and is only effective on tangible attacks (i.e a sword strike, staff etc). The attack is ineffective on non-tangible attacks (i.e fireballs, lightning).

[center][b]Black Heaven And Earth: Gathering of Heavenly Gods[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b]Offensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]There is a small moment where the attack charges and a sound signalling it. Sustaining the attack will result in C tier damage to the soft tissues of the hand and forearm.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Hits
[b]Cool Down:[/b]3
[b]Cost:[/b]30
[b]Description:[/b]Jahangir Gathers A monstrously massive amount of Magoi into his solar plexus while simultaneously resonating the Magoi back and forth through his body. This causes the magoi to vibrate at a high frequency. The Magoi is then transmitted to his right fist in a pulse like fashion which is signaled by an audible ringing sound. The Magoi is then pressurized around Jahangirs fist. The magoi takes on a sharp almost electric like shape which subtly flickers. The attack is formed and the delivered in the style of a punch that deals A tier damage. The attack can be sustained so that Jahangir can regather the remaining Magoi and strike again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum