Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Smoke and Bomb
Tier: B
Class: Assassin
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Close - Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: Requires a free hand. The user retains full function of their other hand. The smoke may be scattered away by the wind.
Scaling: Scaling this ability adds additional smoke bombs.
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 3
Cost: 30 Stamina
Description: The user throws a gunpowder laced smoke bomb to a target location, or at a targeted enemy. The smoke is released from either side of the capsule upon contact with the ground, creating a sphere of smoke with a 3m radius. The smoke has the following properties.

• The smoke heavily obscures the vision of people within, and of people trying to look into it.
  • The smoke detonates on contact with an open flame, a specific reagent found in the ability [[Serpent’s Dagger]], or with a high enough temperature. The explosion deals B-tier damage, and consumes the cloud.
  • The smoke lingers on the battlefield for 3 turns after the smoke deploys, or until it is blown away.

Serpent’s Dagger
Tier: A
Class: Assassin
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Close - Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: Requires a free hand. The user retains full function of their other hand. The user loses control of the dagger(s) if the wire is severed.
Scaling: Scaling this ability adds additional projectiles.
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4
Cost: 40 Stamina
Description: The user throws a knife attached to a winding mechanism on their wrist with a fine, nearly invisible wire. The user may use whip like motions to alter the trajectory of the dagger, or pull the blade towards themselves up to one post after it hits the ground. The blade deals B-tier damage, and is coated in a reagent that causes the explosive powder from [[Smoke and Bomb]] to combust.

Last edited by Amaya on 01/08/17, 02:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Smoke and Bomb - Oop, the sustain section on this should only state “0” or “-”, something along those lines anyways. All abilities scale, you just won’t update this section until you’re actually in battle! I was also still a bit stuck on this dealing B-Tier damage, but I feel it’s only fair considering what slime magic does. There shouldn’t be any reason that a smoke bomb, which is essentially a D-Tier thing, couldn’t be given a offensive property that deals its tier damage when it explodes. Or at least, in my opinion. If any staff member disagrees with this decision, feel free to discuss it with me in staff chat.~

Serpent’s Dagger - I think the concept for how this ability interacts with Smoke and Bomb is totally fine. However, I’m entirely sure how I feel about the scaling. Adding another projectile is a common scaling type, and it will actually continue to multiply the amount of projectiles thrown each time. It’s just, as far as I know, stacking damage like that on an ability is a bit taboo. I’d remove the stacking explosion part, and keep it how the “Hit” scaling works. Oh, and same issue with scaling as the first ability had!

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Updated, but I'm confused by what you meant when you said "The same scaling issue as the first ability."

It was never specified that the first ability had an issue with scaling.

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh man I'm dumb af, I meant sustain, not scaling. You fixed it tho. Anywho, I'm still a bit iffy on how Serpent's Dagger scaling works.  I just feel like it's an inherently weaker version of the normal 'hits' scaling.

IMO, you could handle this in a manner that'd get you a lot more bang for your buck. If instead, you scaled Smoke and Bomb with hits (amount of smoke bombs you can toss out). That'd allow you to get a crap-ton of smoke bombs instead of the extra length on the cloud you'd get right now. Oh, speaking of your Smoke and Bomb. You can actually set the amount of time it lasts for 3 posts, not just 2. ^^

Then, scale Serpent's Dagger with hits as well. You'd get more than just "a second detonation", as long as you set up all the smoke bombs before hand. - Anyways, of course this is just my take on the matter. If you wanna continue with what you have now, then feel free to! I'll just approve it after your next bump, just wanted to give you some advice first.~

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bump.

The main reason I avoided hit scaling on the Serpent's Strike is that I would end up losing control of the dagger after the first explosion, as the wire would be destroyed.

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ah, fair enough! Anywho, hope you enjoy training 'em.~

Code:
[center][b]Smoke and Bomb[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Class:[/b] Assassin
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive/Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Close - Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Requires a free hand. The user retains full function of their other hand. The smoke may be scattered away by the wind.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Scaling this ability adds additional smoke bombs.
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina
[b]Description:[/b] The user throws a gunpowder laced smoke bomb to a target location, or at a targeted enemy. The smoke is released from either side of the capsule upon contact with the ground, creating a sphere of smoke with a 3m radius. The smoke has the following properties.
[list]
[*]The smoke heavily obscures the vision of people within, and of people trying to look into it.
[*]The smoke detonates on contact with an open flame, a specific reagent found in the ability [b][[Serpent’s Dagger]][/b], or with a high enough temperature. The explosion deals B-tier damage, and consumes the cloud.
[*]The smoke lingers on the battlefield for 3 turns after the smoke deploys, or until it is blown away.
[/list]

[center][b]Serpent’s Dagger[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Requires a free hand. The user retains full function of their other hand. The user loses control of the dagger(s) if the wire is severed.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Scaling this ability adds additional projectiles.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 Stamina
[b]Description:[/b] The user throws a knife attached to a winding mechanism on their wrist with a fine, nearly invisible wire. The user may use whip like motions to alter the trajectory of the dagger, or pull the blade towards themselves up to one post after it hits the ground. The blade deals B-tier damage, and is coated in a reagent that causes the explosive powder from [b][[Smoke and Bomb]][/b] to combust.

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved!

Code:
[center][b]Smoke and Bomb[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Requires a free hand. The user retains full function of their other hand. The smoke may be scattered away by the wind.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Scaling this ability adds additional smoke bombs.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina
[b]Description:[/b] The user throws a gunpowder laced smoke bomb to a target location, or at a targeted enemy. The smoke is released from either side of the capsule upon contact with the ground, creating a sphere of smoke with a 3m radius. The smoke has the following properties.
[list]
[*]The smoke heavily obscures the vision of people within, and of people trying to look into it.
[*]The smoke detonates on contact with an open flame, a specific reagent found in the ability [b][[Serpent’s Dagger]][/b], or with a high enough temperature. The explosion deals B-tier damage, and consumes the cloud.
[*]The smoke lingers on the battlefield for 3 turns after the smoke deploys, or until it is blown away.
[/list]

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]