You are not connected. Please login or register

Oliver's new techniques volume the third: Working with minerals and ignition.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Europa
Tier: C
Class: Assassin
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: Requires use of arms to throw.
Water counteracts the oil.
Scaling: Larger area
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 2
Cost:
Use ability: 20 Stamina
Sustain ability: 10 stamina
Sustain and Scale ability: 15
Description: Taking out a specifically marked Asteroid ball, Oliver will press his thumb into a weak point before throwing the partially crushed object to send out a large oil slick on the floor that can be used to make it hard to walk across.  The oil is mixed with tar, giving it a sticky texture as well. The slick of oil spans a four-and-a-half square meter area

Ganymede
Tier: D
Type: Supplementary
Range: Close
Requirements/Drawbacks: Needs to be thrown from Oliver's person with sufficient force to break the case.
Smoke blocks sight from both Oliver and enemies.
Scaling: Larger area
Cool Down: 2
Cost:
Description: Throwing down a fragile specially marked Asteroid, Oliver creates a large dark colored smoke screen. The smoke is heavy and hangs low to the ground, making it perfect to run away without the sight of silhouettes in the smoke. The smoke encompasses a four-and-a-half cubic meter area.

Io
Tier: B
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-medium
Requirements/Drawbacks: Needs both arms free to throw ignition and gas together.
Wind abilities can push gas away.
Not useful against water.
Blast damage can injure enemy and ally alike.
Scaling: Area of effect
Cool Down: 3
Cost:
Use ability: 30 stamina
Sustain ability: 15
Sustain and scale ability: 20
Description: Throwing out a ball that contains a feint grey colored gas that spreads across an area followed by a ball with reactive mineral powder that ignites with enough force given to it when it hits the ground, thus igniting the gas for a blast attack. It occupies a ten cubic foot area with the gas and the ignition allows it to spread up to five cubic meters with B-tier damage at the center three cubic meters and C-tier damage along the outer parts of the blast. Only one instance of damage occurs using this ability each time.

Thebe
Tier: B
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Medium
Requirements/Drawbacks:
Needs a usable arm to throw the casing.
Wind can push the gas away.
Frigid temperatures counteract the gas as it comes out.
Poison gas can harm friends and enemies
Scaling: Damage
Cool Down: 3
Cost:
Description: A special marked ball of The Asteroids that when thrown down, cracks open and lets out a damaging poison gas that causes constant pain over time, resulting in D-tier damage once per turn for four turns.  The poison gas is black-grey in color, resembling the snuffed out ember smoke of a fire to disguise it as being poison.
The gas encompasses a three cubic meter area.

Last edited by Oliver Oxford on 25/07/17, 07:56 pm; edited 5 times in total

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Overall

Abilities being able to hit allies is generally a drawback that anything can have. While it's fine to have it there, these should have some sort of physical requirement like having to be thrown or grabbed from your person.

Europa

How wide and long is the oil slick?

Ganymede

I don't quite understand how the scaling would work in our systems. Since it's not really an official form of scaling. Plus, something like that can only get so opaque until it's a waste to make it thicker.

TL;DR I think this would be better off with a different form of scaling.

Again, how large does this cloud of smoke go out to?

Io

I didn't know feint was a color. Lol. I'd just reword that little bit to make it not seem so silly.

How large does this gas spread out? How large is the blast attack?

Thebe

This can't have B tier damage over four turns. It would be D tier damage over four turns. Remember, ability damage can't exceed the tier of the ability.

How large does this gas spread out?

Please, try to get into the habit of giving sizes in your descriptions.

Also, when you add the sizes, please edit the ranges to fit them.

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bump'a'lump'ed

Fixarino'd

Thanksalicious.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

The size values are in the wrong system format. We use the metric system; not imperial. (ex. centimeters, meters, kilograms, etc.)

I told you to add a physical requirement or something similar to your requirements / drawbacks as well.

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bump'a'lump'ed

Fixarino'd

Thanksalicious.
--again

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Io - I'm not entirely sure if this is the only issue, but we're going to work off of here. Like Diana said, you can't have B-Tier damage spread out over 4-posts. It would only be D-Tier damage for 4-posts, or C-Tier damage for 2-posts. Something like that.

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Fixed. APologies for the misunderstanding. Thanks for all the time!

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I didn’t realize, but I meant Thebe not Io. lmao, you knew what I meant clearly, but I’m dumb. XD Anywho, we’ve got a couple of other things to fix.

Ganymede - I’d actually make this ability D-Tier, instead of C-Tier. I have essentially the same ability on my alt, except it’s D-Tier XD.

Io - After reading this ability to myself a couple of times, I’m sort of wondering why are you limiting the damage to only C-Tier in the center of the blast? I like the concept of making it do more damage in the center, and it gets weaker around the edges. But, I think it’s more than acceptable to make it deal B-Tier damage in the center, then have it deal C-Tier to anything on the outer edges. Unless the feint grey gas actually does something? From what I can see, it’s just a gas you ignite. Oh and one last thing, you should most likely remove the word gunpowder. E.e technically Oliver shouldn’t have access to actual gunpowder. That’s a Reim military thing.

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

fixed again! Thanks for all the help ladies! You da bomb!

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

It's no problem at all! Sorry that it's taking so long, just need to make sure everything is in check.~

Io - Just to make sure I'm not completely stupid, only one instance of damage is ever going to hit, right?

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Yes. I made a note on it to be sure.
fixed.
Thanks
Mom's spaghetti.

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, I think it's safe to say these are approved for training. However, please understand if we ever need you to fix anything on them. I'm not 100% confident in my own grading skill, so there might have been a few things that I missed out on. ^^

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

So I should code them onto my vault now? :o

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

You're supposed to wait until you fully train them, before actually adding them to your vault. :D

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Right. right. But normally isn't the coding for them put up? It's been a while since I submitted new abilities. Forgive me Rima!

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I often don't include the code when ability are read to be trained, but there really isn't a reason why I shouldn't start. Anywho, here ya go.

Code:
[center][b]Europa[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C
[b]Class:[/b] Assassin
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Short
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Requires use of arms to throw.
Water counteracts the oil.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Larger area
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2
[b]Cost:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] Taking out a specifically marked Asteroid ball, Oliver will press his thumb into a weak point before throwing the partially crushed object to send out a large oil slick on the floor that can be used to make it hard to walk across.  The oil is mixed with tar, giving it a sticky texture as well. The slick of oil spans a four-and-a-half square meter area

[center][b]Ganymede[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Needs to be thrown from Oliver's person with sufficient force to break the case.
[b]Description:[/b] Throwing down a fragile specially marked Asteroid, Oliver creates a large dark colored smoke screen. The smoke is heavy and hangs low to the ground, making it perfect to run away without the sight of silhouettes in the smoke. The smoke encompasses a four-and-a-half cubic meter area.

[center][b]Io[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Short-medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Needs both arms free to throw ignition and gas together.
Wind abilities can push gas away.
Not useful against water.
Blast damage can injure enemy and ally alike.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Area of effect
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Description:[/b] Throwing out a ball that contains a feint grey colored gas that spreads across an area followed by a ball with reactive mineral powder that ignites with enough force given to it when it hits the ground, thus igniting the gas for a blast attack. It occupies a ten cubic foot area with the gas and the ignition allows it to spread up to five cubic meters with B-tier damage at the center three cubic meters and C-tier damage along the outer parts of the blast. Only one instance of damage occurs using this ability each time.

[center][b]Thebe[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive/Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b]
Needs a usable arm to throw the casing.
Wind can push the gas away.
Frigid temperatures counteract the gas as it comes out.
Poison gas can harm friends and enemies
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3
[b]Description:[/b] A special marked ball of The Asteroids that when thrown down, cracks open and lets out a damaging poison gas that causes constant pain over time, resulting in D-tier damage once per turn for four turns.  The poison gas is black-grey in color, resembling the snuffed out ember smoke of a fire to disguise it as being poison.
The gas encompasses a three cubic meter area.

Oliver Oxford

Oliver Oxford
β-Tier
β-Tier

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved.

Code:
[center][b]Ganymede[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Needs to be thrown from Oliver's person with sufficient force to break the case.
[b]Description:[/b] Throwing down a fragile specially marked Asteroid, Oliver creates a large dark colored smoke screen. The smoke is heavy and hangs low to the ground, making it perfect to run away without the sight of silhouettes in the smoke. The smoke encompasses a four-and-a-half cubic meter area.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum