Zubaidah Mansur 2XHtR1q

Name: Zubaidah Mansur

Country Affiliation: Wanderer

Race: Human

Tier: Novice

Class: Warrior

Age + Birthdate: 23 years old. Born 23rd  July

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Flippant and light hearted, Zubaidah speaks in a playful tone fitting for her haughty and sultry attitude. However her haughtiness, while quite annoying at times, is not completely unfounded. Everything she has achieved thus far has been from her own hands, through her efforts, through her own hard work. She gets carried away when she is working towards something she is extremely fixated on, but that is a rare occasion, as she is usually quite relaxed. Too relaxed one might say for someone like her.

She is also, perhaps contrary to that relaxed attitude, very skilled with her words. Her oratory skills and verbal manipulations are unmatched. She is so well versed in the human emotional drive and psyche, that she knows exactly how she should go about approaching other people. And, of course, how she should go about exploiting them as well.

Whichever way, the combination of her blunt flippancy and raw intelligence makes for an unpredictable character, both in battle and outside. She also has a habbit of casually breaking down people's plans in front of them - picking them apart and pointing out all of their flaws - a trait which those unfamiliar with her blunt ways would maybe call... sadistic. 

Likes: Games - such as tables (similiar to backgammon) chess, and other strategic board games. 
Alcohol - having grown up in an upperclass background, she was prevented from tasting alcohol, a fact that has changed since her childhood.
Playing Music - her various lessons included teaching her how to play the pipes and flute, a pastime she particularly enjoys even to this day.

Dislikes: Predictability -  she enjoys being made to think quickly.
Pointless Violence - while she does enjoy the thrill of a good tactical battle, she does not partake in the ‘perversions of bloodlust’ as she calls it.

Aspirations: Her ultimate goal is to take Parthevia back from those who killed her family, and ultimately the people manipulating the country behind the scenes for their own means. She wants to completely rid Parthevia of its corruption. Her secondary and more imminent goal is a way to restore power to her damaged right leg, and as such is wandering the world to find either a Magi or a Dungeon. Her aims are not helped the fact that Magi are highly elusive and not much is known about how they operate or where. That does not faze her at all, because she believes it to be an interesting idea as it would allow her to confirm the rumours about Magi and their powers of creation.

Phobias/fears: Athazagoraphobia, or specifically, the fear of forgetting those who have died who were close to her, and being forgotten by those who are currently close to her. This may come from the experience of losing her family and servants (see backstory) or it may come from her fierce desire to right the wrongs that were dealt to her and her household. Either way, it also means that she has the fear of losing those close to her.

Face-Claim: Mifuyu Erisaka/Sakura no Mori Dreamers

Hair Color: Plum Purple

Eye Color: Amber.

Height: 172.

Weight: 62.

Appearance: Zubaidah is a woman who looks around 19. Despite having grown up in Parthevia, her skin is lightly tanned from her time in Maurenia (see backstory). Her body is well endowed in certain aspects, particularly in the chest department, adding to her feminine allure as a whole. She has plum coloured hair that used to flow down in curls to her hips but is now pulled up in a wavy ponytail, with a side bang covering the left side of her face and one of her amber eyes, a trait from her heritage.

Typically, she wears a rose coloured dress which is tied above her knee on one side (to allow ease of movement), along with a black and gold tie keeping her ponytail up, two black and gold bracelets on each arm, a black and gold belt round her waist and plain sandals on her feet.
(Imagine Myron Alexius’s clothing minus the gold breastplate, and change her dress’ colour to a light pink for her dress garment)

She is very flamboyant, but this is to cover up her scheming mind and mislead people trying to read her thought patterns

Rukh Alignment: White, but starting to fall into depravity due to her constant struggles to live.

Special Features: Disability of right leg.

History: Zubaidah was born into the noble Mansur family, a high renowned line in Parthevia, in its capital. She was taught all about how to act properly for a person of her station, as well as in the art of spear fighting. She was allowed the liberty to venture into the city if she wanted to, to play with the common children. She had a family who truly cared for her, and she loved them. Her early childhood was something truly wonderful. But all good things must come to an end.

Following her 14th birthday, there was a complex situation in the Parthevian capital, both financially and politically. The lower class had grown tired of being abused by the noblemen, of being made to toil for them with little pay, and of being sent off to war with small hope of success. They had decided to rebel against the upper classes, but the outcome of that got a little out of hand.

With little warning, the Mansur household was set upon by the angry workmen who worked in the centre of the city. Although the Mansur were skilled with weapons, the sheer force of the peasants' numbers numbers over powered the Mansur family. They marched through their estate, killing every person they came across. Finally, a small band of armed men came across Zubaidah, who had locked herself in the sparring hall. Upon breaking into the room, they proceeded to attack her. While she managed to bravely fight against her attackers, her leg was sliced open by one of their sword, ripping through the sling and severing a few muscles. Hearing her cries, a few of the servants who had escaped the earlier slaughter came to her rescue and fled with her away from the city. The rest of her family and household were not as lucky. Nobody there was spared from the steel of the soldiers’ blades.

Having journeyed across the country, Zubaidah and her new household came to a port town and boarded a ship bound for Maurenia, a province of the Reim Empire. However, her wound had taken a toll on her, she could no longer walk with it and as such had to rely on an implement to do so.

Role-Play Sample: Umar slammed his fist down onto the bar counter, knocking most of the near empty bottles onto the floor. All of the customers sitting there stopped drinking and turned towards the source of his anger.

‘If ya gonna fight somewhere, do it outside so the cops won't be back in here again!’

With that, he jumped over the counter and grabbed the two men, still brawling, and threw them out into the cold night.

Seeing that the rest of his customers had already resumed drinking, he sighed. 

‘Godammit, I thought this business would be less of a problem than being a politician. Guess I was wrong… again.’

Last edited by CrimsBayo on 30/05/17, 11:21 am; edited 16 times in total

2Zubaidah Mansur Empty Review 29/05/17, 05:56 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

I think my character's done about now. Can someone review it please.

3Zubaidah Mansur Empty Re: Zubaidah Mansur 29/05/17, 06:08 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Uh, the picture doesn't seem to be working for me

4Zubaidah Mansur Empty Picture Problem 29/05/17, 06:13 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Really? It's fine here... Does this work:
Zubaidah Mansur Imagejpeg

5Zubaidah Mansur Empty Re: Zubaidah Mansur 29/05/17, 06:14 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

It's possible my computer is just being a butt. It is already acting weird so I wouldn't be surprised if my inability to view the picture is part of it -.-
Anyway, for now I'll just move on and get to the actual grading part pft.

Your personality needs to be 200 words long.
You need at least two likes.
Aspirations need to be at least 75 words.
Phobias/fears is a required section.

I find for the word counts that a site called WordCounter.net really helps me keep count of the words I've written.

6Zubaidah Mansur Empty Thanks 29/05/17, 06:16 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Okay, I'll look at that. I do need some sort of word counter, don't I...

7Zubaidah Mansur Empty Re: Zubaidah Mansur 29/05/17, 06:20 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I believe what is going on with the image is a bug.
https://github.com/jejacks0n/mercury/issues/179
This is a short little thing about it.

8Zubaidah Mansur Empty Review 29/05/17, 07:28 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Could you please look over it again?

9Zubaidah Mansur Empty Re: Zubaidah Mansur 29/05/17, 08:26 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Your personality is 187 words. You need 13 more words!
Phobias and fears also have a minimum of 75 words.

I'm a bit hesitant about your aspirations and history because it revolves around Parthevia. I'm not sure if Parthevia would have ever exist since this site does deviate from the canon. I'll get back to you once I've talked to the other staff about it.

Edit: I talked to the others. Since it has been listed as a country on the plot page, it's fine. However, anything that is adding on to the country's plot would be better to not include. For example, you mentioned the capital of Parthevia's name. You'll need to get rid of that. As for the uprising, what I would do is make it a small uprising by a few peasants.

10Zubaidah Mansur Empty Edits 30/05/17, 04:27 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yeah, I changed the uprising and added onto the personality now.

Edit: Added onto phobias too.

11Zubaidah Mansur Empty Re: Zubaidah Mansur 30/05/17, 08:51 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Also added a working picture.
Hopefully.

12Zubaidah Mansur Empty Re: Zubaidah Mansur 30/05/17, 11:18 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

You make it sound like a large uprising. It's fine to have an uprising of sorts but for the sake of not adding on to Parthevia's plot, it needs to be more of a city sort of thing.

13Zubaidah Mansur Empty Re: Zubaidah Mansur 30/05/17, 11:21 am

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Changed it slightly to downgrade the size of the revolt.

14Zubaidah Mansur Empty Re: Zubaidah Mansur 30/05/17, 11:30 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved

• Now that you've created your character, you need to create a weapon. You can do so at Hakim's Smithy.

• A weapon is least effective without any sort of training. New characters are allowed to start with four D-Tier abilities and one C-Tier ability that do not require training. Once you've created your starter abilities, any ability you make afterward must be trained. The guidelines for abilities are right here.

• You start out with two trait points. At D-Tier, you may spend them on D-Tier traits. If you decide to make traits, the template, as well as a list of general traits, can be found here.

Code:
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/2XHtR1q.jpg[/img][/center]

[b]Name: [/b] Zubaidah Mansur

[b]Country Affiliation: [/b] Wanderer

[b]Race: [/b] Human

[b]Tier: [/b] Novice

[b]Class: [/b] Warrior

[b]Age + Birthdate: [/b] 23 years old. Born 23rd  July

[b]Gender: [/b] Female

[b]Sexuality: [/b] Heterosexual

[b]Personality: [/b] Flippant and light hearted, Zubaidah speaks in a playful tone fitting for her haughty and sultry attitude. However her haughtiness, while quite annoying at times, is not completely unfounded. Everything she has achieved thus far has been from her own hands, through her efforts, through her own hard work. She gets carried away when she is working towards something she is extremely fixated on, but that is a rare occasion, as she is usually quite relaxed. Too relaxed one might say for someone like her.

She is also, perhaps contrary to that relaxed attitude, very skilled with her words. Her oratory skills and verbal manipulations are unmatched. She is so well versed in the human emotional drive and psyche, that she knows exactly how she should go about approaching other people. And, of course, how she should go about exploiting them as well.

Whichever way, the combination of her blunt flippancy and raw intelligence makes for an unpredictable character, both in battle and outside. She also has a habbit of casually breaking down people's plans in front of them - picking them apart and pointing out all of their flaws - a trait which those unfamiliar with her blunt ways would maybe call... sadistic. 

[b]Likes: [/b] Games - such as tables (similiar to backgammon) chess, and other strategic board games. 
Alcohol - having grown up in an upperclass background, she was prevented from tasting alcohol, a fact that has changed since her childhood.
Playing Music - her various lessons included teaching her how to play the pipes and flute, a pastime she particularly enjoys even to this day.

[b]Dislikes: [/b] Predictability -  she enjoys being made to think quickly.
Pointless Violence - while she does enjoy the thrill of a good tactical battle, she does not partake in the ‘perversions of bloodlust’ as she calls it.

[b]Aspirations: [/b] Her ultimate goal is to take Parthevia back from those who killed her family, and ultimately the people manipulating the country behind the scenes for their own means. She wants to completely rid Parthevia of its corruption. Her secondary and more imminent goal is a way to restore power to her damaged right leg, and as such is wandering the world to find either a Magi or a Dungeon. Her aims are not helped the fact that Magi are highly elusive and not much is known about how they operate or where. That does not faze her at all, because she believes it to be an interesting idea as it would allow her to confirm the rumours about Magi and their powers of creation.

[b]Phobias/fears: [/b] Athazagoraphobia, or specifically, the fear of forgetting those who have died who were close to her, and being forgotten by those who are currently close to her. This may come from the experience of losing her family and servants (see backstory) or it may come from her fierce desire to right the wrongs that were dealt to her and her household. Either way, it also means that she has the fear of losing those close to her.

[b]Face-Claim: [/b] Mifuyu Erisaka/Sakura no Mori Dreamers

[b]Hair Color: [/b] Plum Purple

[b]Eye Color: [/b] Amber.

[b]Height: [/b] 172.

[b]Weight: [/b] 62.

[b]Appearance: [/b] Zubaidah is a woman who looks around 19. Despite having grown up in Parthevia, her skin is lightly tanned from her time in Maurenia (see backstory). Her body is well endowed in certain aspects, particularly in the chest department, adding to her feminine allure as a whole. She has plum coloured hair that used to flow down in curls to her hips but is now pulled up in a wavy ponytail, with a side bang covering the left side of her face and one of her amber eyes, a trait from her heritage.

Typically, she wears a rose coloured dress which is tied above her knee on one side (to allow ease of movement), along with a black and gold tie keeping her ponytail up, two black and gold bracelets on each arm, a black and gold belt round her waist and plain sandals on her feet.
(Imagine Myron Alexius’s clothing minus the gold breastplate, and change her dress’ colour to a light pink for her dress garment)

She is very flamboyant, but this is to cover up her scheming mind and mislead people trying to read her thought patterns

[b]Rukh Alignment: [/b] White, but starting to fall into depravity due to her constant struggles to live.

[b]Special Features: [/b] Disability of right leg.

[b]History: [/b] Zubaidah was born into the noble Mansur family, a high renowned line in Parthevia, in its capital. She was taught all about how to act properly for a person of her station, as well as in the art of spear fighting. She was allowed the liberty to venture into the city if she wanted to, to play with the common children. She had a family who truly cared for her, and she loved them. Her early childhood was something truly wonderful. But all good things must come to an end.

Following her 14th birthday, there was a complex situation in the Parthevian capital, both financially and politically. The lower class had grown tired of being abused by the noblemen, of being made to toil for them with little pay, and of being sent off to war with small hope of success. They had decided to rebel against the upper classes, but the outcome of that got a little out of hand.

With little warning, the Mansur household was set upon by the angry workmen who worked in the centre of the city. Although the Mansur were skilled with weapons, the sheer force of the peasants' numbers numbers over powered the Mansur family. They marched through their estate, killing every person they came across. Finally, a small band of armed men came across Zubaidah, who had locked herself in the sparring hall. Upon breaking into the room, they proceeded to attack her. While she managed to bravely fight against her attackers, her leg was sliced open by one of their sword, ripping through the sling and severing a few muscles. Hearing her cries, a few of the servants who had escaped the earlier slaughter came to her rescue and fled with her away from the city. The rest of her family and household were not as lucky. Nobody there was spared from the steel of the soldiers’ blades.

Having journeyed across the country, Zubaidah and her new household came to a port town and boarded a ship bound for Maurenia, a province of the Reim Empire. However, her wound had taken a toll on her, she could no longer walk with it and as such had to rely on an implement to do so.

[b]Role-Play Sample: [/b] Umar slammed his fist down onto the bar counter, knocking most of the near empty bottles onto the floor. All of the customers sitting there stopped drinking and turned towards the source of his anger.

‘If ya gonna fight somewhere, do it outside so the cops won't be back in here again!’

With that, he jumped over the counter and grabbed the two men, still brawling, and threw them out into the cold night.

Seeing that the rest of his customers had already resumed drinking, he sighed. 

‘Godammit, I thought this business would be less of a problem than being a politician. Guess I was wrong… again.’

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum