You are not connected. Please login or register

[RESOLVED] I would like to know more about the current and past state of Riem.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

First I want to apologize if I seem really uneducated on the subject of Magi as a whole. I'm currently in the process of watching it and I go a lot off the wiki but as I see this roleplay has it's own lore so I just wanted to ask a few general questions to help me make my character right.

To begin, I've read / skimmed around the Riem forum AND have read the thread about Riem. But a lot of things make me a tad confused.

What is the status on the Fanalis as a whole in Riem as of now? I'm assuming as it said on the Riem thread that they're all dead? I just want some clarification of this because I did read through some of the Riem thread and it didn't seem like they were all dead.

If the Fanalis population is gone or lessened as of now, how long ago did the tragedy occur?

Is everything back to normal now? What's going on exactly?

Like I said I've read some of it but I'm not sure where it stands on a timeline since these threads were last posted in / updated last year. I just want to be 100% sure what the state of Riem is.

Thank anyone who reads and/or answers these for your time..! Sorry for bothering you!

Thank you, again!

Last edited by Porsef on 30/09/16, 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The question is resolved.)

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The Fanalis Corps has been getting rebuilt. I'm not sure which thread you've read that showed the Fanalis dying (there are a couple out there, and I'm curious if it's the current country page or what). Currently the leader of the Fanalis Corps is Octavius Flavius.

If something was talking about Fanalis dying, it's probably mostly tied into the attack on the Fanalis corps approximately 1-4 IC years ago, depending on how you want to perceive your time line.

If we're talking about general population, the Fanalis were not hunted to my knowledge, so random Fanalis here and there throughout the country would have been fine.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I got that part from the actual Riem page located here.

In the last paragraph about the Fanalis Corps it says:

"Octavius Flavius, and the rest of the Fanalis Corps, lost their lives in the skirmish when Kou invaded."

Which is worded in a way that made me assume Octavius and the Fanalis Corps are all dead. Then onto the next sentence which confused me a bit as well (since it seems everyone is still alive and well):

"It was rumored that a man that Octavius called his ‘friend’ from a long while back had spearheaded that battle and was the ultimate cause of the complete massacre that befell their people, however some believe this to be lies, rumors or hearsay."

The "complete massacre" part was making me think that all the Fanalis in Riem had all died according to this. I read and skimmed around some of the threads in the Riem subforum to try to find out more but I kind of confused myself even more. Haha.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lol, no worries. I was mostly curious where it was that you initially read that. That was in a previous war; Reim has been through 2 IC wars since the forum began, to my knowledge. Octavius was thought to be dead, but he survived and resurfaced in the war to bring Reim's freedom back from Kou.

That bit should be added when staff gets a chance, hopefully : )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Thank you for clearing it up for me, though! :')

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Just for the record, "Fanalis Corps" refers to a military group under Reim's control, not the fanalis race as a whole. Also! Here are a few other useful bits of info about Reim.

-Slavery has been outlawed, but illegal slavery rings potentially still exist in the shadows.
-The El Nagi clan(A player created group) has supplied beasts of various types to replace the lost slave workforce handling roles such as agriculture and transportation.
-The government is in the process of changing from an empire into a democratic republic.
-The people are mostly likely to be not fond of those from Kou or Heliohapt due to past wars.

I hope this information helps~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum