Signature Abilities

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Signature Abilities Empty Signature Abilities 17/07/16, 09:06 am

Wahami

Wahami
D-Tier
D-Tier

After some looking I noticed a lot of things require Magoi/or Stamina. So I was thinking what if a character used a move all the time. It kind of became their thing like how Aladdin uses Har-Har Infigar. It’s a spell that is his signature move.

Straight to the point why can’t we all have a signature ability? A move we use more often than not that uses less Magoi/Stamina than anything else we do. Like a Warrior practicing a kick a million times so the kick become second nature. A manipulator turning his hand to a beast palm for a second to deliver some type of attack.

The signature ability we use would all be based on the first class we started with and only an ability related to that class. For Magicians it is even more in depth because it also depends on what magic they started with. Like a Wind magician even at A rank could not use a Lightning or even a mixed magic signature move (it is not what he started with). I know it could use a lot of tweaking but I think it is something to consider and would give a variety to the players. Because sometimes all the moves may revolve around the signature move. I hope I explained this kind of decently. It is just an idea I had. I have been thinking about this a lot and would love some feedback.

2Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 09:43 am

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

Hmmm

That is a very interesting concept about signature moves. But there have to be some regulations. These are some rules that should be for this possible new concept.

1. When you pick your move, it has to be for your primary class. It would not make sense for you to have a signature move for your secondary class.

2. When someone picks their move, that is it. You cannot change your move unless some big change happens like a race change, class change, or a big plot thread(s). However, there needs to be a limit of how many times you can change it.

3Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 10:32 am

Wahami

Wahami
D-Tier
D-Tier

Exactly my thoughts! I would say a max of three times per character. Also since they are signature moves they should rank up with the character (seeing as how the move should be used all the time this point maybe mute.)

Also the moves should be something simple. Like a three part hit technique is ridiculous and cannot constitute a signature move (unless it is a conditional signature move).

To keep it fair and weed out the mods from having to check every signature move. A signature move can only be made when the character reaches C rank.

4Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 12:19 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

This is a really good idea. It is something I definitely hope gets invested in.

So would the signature move necessarily be an offensive move? Could it be anything different, like a supplementary or a defensive move?

Also, if it was an offensive move, the signature move would have the same attack power as whatever tier the user is currently on, if I'm understanding it correctly. So if a user was an A-Tier, then the signature move would deal [A-Tier] damage and if that user moved up to a B-Tier, then the signature move would then deal [B-Tier] damage.

5Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 04:33 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Magoi/Stamina cost reductions for a signature move won't be allowed. There is nothing to suggest Har-Har Infigar ever require less magoi for Aladdin to use.

That being said, I'm not entirely against the idea. If someone can think of a better suggestion for what kind of benefits/merit the Signature move gives, then it is something that can be considered moving forward.

6Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 05:16 pm

Wahami

Wahami
D-Tier
D-Tier

@Ariel. Kind of my thoughts. My thing is for a magician even a signature move wouldn't be defensive. Supplementary and offensive yes but I don't think defensive would ever be allowed.

@Yakuroro I never thought Har-Har Infigar cost less. It was just kind of his thing. I would think a reduction would be alright to an extent. But I will try to think of another way.

7Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 05:26 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Maybe there is an effects bonus? Like whatever effects/damage that the ability has is increased?

8Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 05:50 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Ariel. Kind of my thoughts. My thing is for a magician even a signature move wouldn't be defensive. Supplementary and offensive yes but I don't think defensive would ever be allowed.

Why not? A pacifist type character having a defensive signature move would make sense to me. o.o

9Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 06:08 pm

Wahami

Wahami
D-Tier
D-Tier

I thought magicians where not allowed defensive abilities.

10Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 06:19 pm

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Honestly, it really wouldn't make too much sense for anybody to have a defensive ability as their signature move, unless that person just does a ton of guarding all the time

11Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 06:24 pm

Wahami

Wahami
D-Tier
D-Tier

If it's more of a glass cannon character then a defensive signature move would be imperitive. If this was a thing my signature move would be something Supplementary/Defensive.

12Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 08:21 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Defensive Abilities:

The more I think about signature moves, the more I begin to think it should be something you develop. Instead of picking one, perhaps a normal move could become labeled as a "Signature Move" if a player has been using it often like a signature move. Like some kind of event reward or something.

Since your signature move is typically your speciality, maybe it's feature could be that you are able to use any type of scaling on it you want instead of having to pick a type of scaling at approval?

13Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 18/07/16, 09:42 pm

Wahami

Wahami
D-Tier
D-Tier

That would make room for a lot of arguments with the scaling portion. Suddenly adding magoi to do something ridiculous is dangerous in the long run.

Also making a signature move as an event reward would be tedious. Are you going to have someone count the amount of times they use a move. That may even give them the chance to make something else a signature move, by using a different move more often. Also who picks in that case? What if someone is dissatisfied with a signature move they did not choose?

14Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 19/07/16, 04:40 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Well, the scaling bonus would obviously have to be limited to things that make sense for the ability. You can't use it to add features the ability wouldn't normally have. A sword slash, for example, wouldn't be able to gain "Range" scaling. I don't think it would add as much to the ability as you seem to fear it might.

As for how to obtain one, we could easily set it up so the issues you've mentioned aren't really a problem. The player could pick what they want to become their signature ability and then use it in 10 different threads. Then submit a request with links to said threads stating what they want their signature ability to be. But they don't get it right away.

Then, in the middle of an event, suddenly Solomon's Proxy posts stating that their move has been upgraded into a signature ability. That kind of "Surprise!" moment is what I was thinking of when I said it could be an event reward.

15Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 19/07/16, 05:24 pm

Wahami

Wahami
D-Tier
D-Tier

Waiting to call it a signature ability would actually be kind of funny. XD Seems like something that will tick off impatient people.

Also with the scaling bonus thing. That can be taken out of context. It could be argued that because it is a signature move the sword slash increases in power, allowing wind pressure, to increase it's effective range. All by adding some more stamina.

16Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 19/07/16, 06:45 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I don't intend to cater the site to impatient people.

As for scaling, anyone trying to use it in that method gets their ability denied in the approval process. Naturally, anyone trying to use scaling this way IC via a signature skill would get their post voided.

17Signature Abilities Empty Re: Signature Abilities 21/07/16, 05:28 am

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As a secondary suggestion, you may consider to allow 2 scaling capabilities on a single signature ability. This would either go as 'pay 10 magoi/stamina to get both effects' or 'pay 10 magoi/stamina per effect you would like to invoke * the number of times you would like to invoke it'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum