Element Transmutation

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Element Transmutation Empty Element Transmutation 04/05/16, 05:47 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Quick question, or maybe a proposition. I was thinking how come heat doesn't have access to ice when i wanted to play around with the elements. With heat magic, you can remove the heat from an area to flash freeze that area, basically simulating ice magic. Long story short, Heat can generate into "Thermal Magic"

I was wondering, if its well within the range of something to be achieved through a magic type, why cant it be accessible through a legend beast perk?

Yes, it had to be about me a little before i start to care, bit now that i think about it, for some magic, windows of opportunity can be accessed without a second magic type to combine with it.  If well received,  heat magic is actually alot more viable than it appears to be, and wind magic is more deadly, via oxidizing the target's area for rot/rust magic.

I can see the further potential if the base spells, all of them. But i wonder what you think.

P.S if magnetism is a yellow magic application without it being a subtype, then for heat and the simple application of removing the heat instead of increasing it, ice via heat magic shouldn't even be a sub type either, i would be apart of it and the correct term of "heat magic" is actually "thermal magic", which means we had heat magic underpowered this entire time.

2Element Transmutation Empty Re: Element Transmutation 04/05/16, 06:52 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I read some stuff on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_energy so I'm NOT an expert.

Anyway, from what I read, removing heat from an object doesn't necessarily mean that object will freeze. For instance, "flash freezing" doesn't involve removing heat. The removal of heat happens while the object is being frozen under extreme freezing temperatures. Essentially, heat is "pushed out" by the freezing temperature.

You could remove heat from an object and cause it be become very cold, but not so much that it will freeze like ice. To freeze an object means to remove the object's energy. When water freezes, the molecules within the water stop bouncing around because there is no more energy to keep the molecules moving (I think, don't quote me).

Water Magic is able to use ice because blue magicians are able to freely control water and its energy.

3Element Transmutation Empty Re: Element Transmutation 04/05/16, 06:58 pm

Lexiara

Lexiara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I understand where Lagi is coming from and I believe there have been spells created where a Heat Mage "removes" heat from an area. Remove the heat/energy, and it would have a similar effect as FREEZING, it would not, however, cause ice to form. So while the effect you are looking for is very plausible, Lagi, freezing the motion of something is different than creating ice. Ice requires moisture, hence why it is a sub-type of water

4Element Transmutation Empty Re: Element Transmutation 05/05/16, 10:21 am

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The fact of the matter here is that it can be done. Even if frost and constructs can't be made, its cold air at subzero temperatures. It doesn't take the form of high-density matter, but its just as poweful. Once more, i plead to you people, it can be done, we just don't call it ice. But, on the flip side, if cold air can't flash freeze, it can frost bite, which is basically the same as the freezing status ailment. If we get technical, you can't "thaw out" frostbite because in my opinion, it'll be the stronger status ailment, but for simplicity purposes, lets say it has the same function.

Thermal magic is basically a faucet, each side, hot and cold, has its own ailment. Heat has the burn ailment for instantaneous combustion and passive damage. If it gets colder, you aren't encased in ice, but its a lot worse. With the experience of frost bite, its basically you turning blue while experiencing some sort of rigor Mortis. It's similar, it attacks the limbs as well as the body, and does enough to be treated as the same aliment. My pitch is that, since heat can be seen as a faucet (Lagi logic) We change the name to thermal magic an take into account its actual potential as a magic.

5Element Transmutation Empty Re: Element Transmutation 05/05/16, 08:09 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I believe the issue with calling it "Thermal Magic" is the fact that the magic types are set up in canon, and in canon, it is called Heat Magic, not Thermal Magic. Altering the name does not in any way alter what you can or cannot do with it.

I agreed completely that removing the heat from something can have a similar "freezing" effect as ice in that it immobilizes limbs. So why would there need to be a change of name to the magic type from something that is canon to something that is not canon?

6Element Transmutation Empty Re: Element Transmutation 05/05/16, 10:02 pm

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I guess the name doesn't need a change...but what i wanted to hear wasn't a "no" thats all

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum