Dark Djinn Equips

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dark Djinn Equips Empty Dark Djinn Equips 24/01/16, 05:40 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm aware I'm the only person who has shown much interest in the DMV path, but perhaps Dark Djinn Equips could be changed to match that of their counterparts? What I mean is that I don't feel like Dark Djinn Equips should be armor-based only since it would be difficult to find a Djinn Equip that doesn't change the appearance. Could they be theme based like the normal Djinn Equips?

2Dark Djinn Equips Empty Re: Dark Djinn Equips 24/01/16, 09:16 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain your concern a bit more?

I will say this though. Dark Metal Vessels are artificial and understandably, would have some differences from a normal Djinn's power. Still, I'd like to understand what it is you mean before commenting further.

3Dark Djinn Equips Empty Re: Dark Djinn Equips 24/01/16, 10:38 pm

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sorry. I wasn't sure how to word what I'm trying to ask/say. In fact, I' still not sure.

When you use Djinn Equip, you try to take the exact appearance of the Djinn. The user does not take the appearance of the Djinn in terms of personal features (facial features, body hair, etc) but rather the cloths, jewelry or even skin complexion (like gills or skin color). A common trait with Full body Djinn equips is a third eye on the forehead.

A Djinn Equip for a dark vessel is slightly different than their counter parts. They will have the same basic function of taking on that tools true power but will mainly have armor or minor changes to them, nothing extreme changes of their appearance such as the actual Djinn, instead they will more than likely have an armor or some kind of suit formed around them. They will also not have the free ability that cost ½ the normal magoi to cast.

This is concerning how normal Djinn Equips and Dark Djinn Equips are explained. Normal Djinn Equips take on a similar form based on their Djinn and their type. Dark Djinn Equips, however, aren't worded to have the same feature and are just described as "mainly armor" with "minor" appearance changes." Not only that, but Dark Djinn Equips are black armor, which is understandable given that they are "dark" djinns. However, it leaves very little uniqueness or creativity on the user when compared to the more special appearance when concerning those able to use normal Djinn Equips. Dar Djinn Equips don't even need to look like their Djinn type, in fact, they don't even suggest what the type even is (granted that this could be an advantage in rp, but that's beside the point.)

Anime Dark Djinn Equips:

Anime Normal Djinn Equips:

Though the differences are to distinguish the normal Metal Vessel users and the DMV users, I can't help but feel as if this would be more difficult to do in a RP standard because of an individuals FC. Based on how it is worded and what the anime/manga show, I might as well be stuck with the either of the following if I had a DMV and was able to use the Dark Djinn Equip:

Ex:

Or I could just search Google for "black armors" and get an image there, but let's face it, none of them would look like my FC or future FC. What I'd like is for the Dark Djinn Equips to have the appearance change that sync with the magic type of the DMV like the normal Djinn Equip tries to take on the appearance of the Djinns themselves.

I've brought this up because the images I have found are some I consider to be interesting Dark Djinn Equips and though they have black garb/armor, they also have either have wings, skin color is changed, hair color is changed, or other things are changed and it wouldn't look like my FC.

If it's already like that, it's not worded in such a way to suggest it. In which case, the wording should be more clear.

4Dark Djinn Equips Empty Re: Dark Djinn Equips 25/01/16, 12:46 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Dark djinns are artifically created and, as such, do not really have much of a form of their own. You do see a "form" with Kasim when he turns into the giant dark djinn of awesomness, but for the most part, all examples do depict them as simply dark armors covering the person's existing body/features. There is nothing in the wording to suggest you could not have wings or a change in hair color. The biggest guideline put in there is the dark armor, as that is the examples provided by canon. But, as I pointed out, Kasim undergoes a MASSIVE change when he goes full-on dark. So based off that, I do not see any issue with having minor changes such as hair/skin color or wings.

Also keep in mind that we have stages of DMV that canon does NOT have. From most examples of DMV in canon, there is a weapon equip or a full equip in which they stab themselves. We have three stages where there is a "full equip" in between the two given in canon, so you can access more power without taking on the full power of the djinn and damaging yourself in the process.

Overall, I understand the nature of your complaint and we will discuss clarifying the guidelines as staff so players have a better understanding of what would or would not be accepted as far as djinn equips.

5Dark Djinn Equips Empty Re: Dark Djinn Equips 25/01/16, 07:01 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

The images you find don't have to be a full representation of your appearance by the way. You could find armor you really like on some hulking orc and still use the image. In the description you just have to note that the armor is the only part of the image you're referencing.

There is a text description after all and THAT is the important part. The images we use are always just for reference. Text description trumps pictures in terms of what the world sees IC.

6Dark Djinn Equips Empty Re: Dark Djinn Equips 01/03/16, 12:42 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Moving to solved as it was determined that as long as the theme was "dark", it did not necessarily have to be strictly "armor" in the image... just preferable. All djinn equips are judged on a need-by-need basis and as long as you can support the reasoning behind your chosen equip in a sound and logical way, then it will probably be approved~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum