Zadi
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

124 hour wait Empty 24 hour wait 13/01/16, 05:38 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Next time an item pops up on the market, could we maybe put a 24 hour wait-time on it so that everyone has a chance to see the item for sale? Would also be fair to do that from now on...

224 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 13/01/16, 07:29 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I don't think this would make things any more fair. It's entirely possible that the 24 hour wait would lead to someone who otherwise would be able to buy it when it's posted up unable to do so because 24 hours later they have work or some other affair to tend to. In that scenario, one I found myself in during the auction over the nightmare rifle, it's even more frustrating than seeing something you didn't even know about get sold. Because then you know it's out, you know you want it, but know you can't have it because someone else is going to pounce on it before you get the free time to purchase it.

I'd be against a 24 hour hold on items being sold. Any "fairness" it would add would simply be a perceived illusion. But in truth it will favor individuals just as randomly as having no hold would.

324 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 13/01/16, 08:10 pm

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

well maybe if it is possible to holds blind auction where one of the mods have a list of people who wants what and what they want to bid. Then when that is posted, it is people's priorities to post within the certain time

424 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 13/01/16, 09:03 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm against auctions. At least the at least the kind of auction run last time.

Anyway, the 24 hour wait-time system would be fair. Everyone active enough within a 24 hour span of time could see the item up for sale. Posting the item and leaving it to the lucky person that happened to be on when the item popped up doesn't allow for more than a couple people to see the item before it is snatched up.

It's entirely possible that the 24 hour wait would lead to someone who otherwise would be able to buy it when it's posted up unable to do so because 24 hours later they have work or some other affair to tend to.

True, but the same can be said in reverse. A person would be unable to have bought it because of work of some other affair they had to tend to when the item is posted up, but 24 hours later said individual is not as busy and able to buy the item.

In that scenario, one I found myself in during the auction over the nightmare rifle, it's even more frustrating than seeing something you didn't even know about get sold. Because then you know it's out, you know you want it, but know you can't have it because someone else is going to pounce on it before you get the free time to purchase it.

I bought the nightmare rifle for over 260,000 Huang and completely outbid anyone who showed interested in it. Saying that you had a chance doesn't quite feel right, to me at least...not to mention you cheated.

Anyway, I feel it is far more frustrating to find out that you had NO chance of getting because you were busy at the time the item showed up for sale. It's like someone finding one million Huang and taking it for themselves while you and everyone else had their back turned.

So, the 24 hour wait-time system is noticeably more fair unless another argument presents itself.

Now, to get this straight; I'm not upset that Yaku got the carpet. I am, however, upset with staff for not posting that a carpet was even up for sale to begin with (over 24 hours ago from this post). They don't seem to consider magic carpets important enough to post about (as Mer said in the chatbox).

524 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 13/01/16, 09:27 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

1. You didn't have enough to outbid me Zadi. The huang I had at my disposal was simply on other accounts. I was prepared to bid at least 70k huang over your total amount of huang. I have two donors to thank for that and will admit it was only due to their generosity. But the point was, you thinking I had no chance of outbidding you is exactly what I wanted.

I simply couldn't use the money and told said donors to keep it because I had to be asleep for work the next day and couldn't afford to stay up to compete with the last second bids just before 24 hour deadline. After all, I was hoping to spend as little of their huang as possible and was not willing to burn it all just to win the auction.

2. I didn't cheat. I didn't realize there was a rule against bid cancels. It is a coincidence that it happened to be in my favor that made the mistake. You failed to realize there was a rule against it as well. Granted, you were also mis-informed by a staff member. Still, you missed it. So did the staff member in question. I missed it. So please be civil and refrain from throwing accusations at me.

True, but the same can be said in reverse. A person would be unable to have bought it because of work of some other affair they had to tend to when the item is posted up, but 24 hours later said individual is not as busy and able to buy the item

Exactly, the same can be said for both ways. It's not more fair. Either way, someone is getting the bad end of a deal.

Now, to get this straight; I'm not upset that Yaku got the carpet. I am, however, upset with staff for not posting that a carpet was even up for sale to begin with (over 24 hours ago from this post). They don't seem to consider magic carpets important enough to post about (as Mer said in the chatbox).

I also found it strange that no post had been made to notify people that the carpet had been restocked. But here's the thing. A dungeon just got conquered. Everyone except newbies know that after a dungeon is conquered 1 magic carpet is added to the stock. Everyone knows that items are going to be hitting the shop soon. 24 hour notice or not, everyone who wants these things should be on the look out for them. That's how I got the carpet first. Not because I was lucky. It was because I was diligent and had been checking the shop every day for the past three days.

5. With few exceptions, the only time new limited stock magic tools his the market place is after a dungeon. Piggy backing off my last point, if people want items from a dungeon, they should know to be more active when one is completed and to keep an eye out. Because that is basically a 48+hour notice that items are inbound.

624 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 13/01/16, 09:41 pm

Diana

Diana
D-Tier
D-Tier

I believe a 24 hour hold is more fair.

724 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 13/01/16, 10:00 pm

Merrze

Merrze
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

While I understand your anger at this there is no requirement that objects have a 24 hour safe time. I simply did think we did such a thing for magic carpets and did not know. I'm sorry that you feel cheated because there was no post but I would appreciate if it you didn't put words in my mouth saying I said such things on behalf of the entire staff.

824 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 13/01/16, 10:57 pm

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Fine. Whatever. I don't care anymore.

924 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 14/01/16, 09:19 am

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

This has become a very heated discussion.

Perhaps put up a vote on which players feel there should be a

• 24 hour hold
  • The items should just be posted
  • Possibly which feel we should only post new items on a certain day of the week, like the weekend when a LARGER number of people might have access to it (not everyone, as I personally work weekends, as do a large number of others).

At least then we might get a more accurate view of what the MAJORITY of players prefer and staff can make future decisions based off of this.

1024 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 14/01/16, 05:47 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

You could also consider not releasing all the items on the same day and releasing them at different times of the day. Luck is still involved, but at least that way one busy person isn't screwed on all the items.

1124 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 14/01/16, 06:23 pm

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

I would volunteer to help running a blind auction on items.

1224 hour wait Empty Re: 24 hour wait 14/01/16, 07:55 pm

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

Yes Yaku and Ari. That makes more sense

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum