You are not connected. Please login or register

Perfect Illusion Bonus Effect

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perfect Illusion Bonus Effect Empty Perfect Illusion Bonus Effect 04/12/15, 02:41 pm

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Combination magics are cool.

Storm [Wind+Lightning] [Founder: Staff]
Using a combination of Wind and Lightning magic, the user creates a powerful storm. Those struck by Storm Magic are knocked away from the caster by 5 meters at 5 m/s.

Holy [Light+Life] [Founder: Staff]
The combination of Light and Life Magics creates a Holy barrage that can either heal or hurt opponents. If the caster of a Holy Magic spell is wounded, the spell also heals the caster for 1 D-Tier of damage.

Crystal [Heat+Strength] [Founder: Staff]
Using a combination of Heat and Strength magic, the user is able to form crystalline structures capable of reflecting light. The crystals also are capable of immobilizing anything struck for a single post. This immobilization is able to be destroy with a D-tier ability, freeing the user.

Razor [Strength+Wind] [Founder: Staff]
The combination of Wind and Strength Magics creates a wind with a razor-sharp cutting edge. Anyone struck with Razor magic takes 1 post of Bleed damage, which inflicts D-tier damage.

Plague [Life+Poison] [Founder: Staff]
Through a combination of Life and Poison magics, the user creates plagues which deal damage over time. Those affected by the plague also have their ability speeds reduced by half and their reaction times doubled.

The best part about them from a functional point of view is those neat little bonuses they all have. Those D-tier effects that give them a slight edge over single type magics when it comes to bang for your buck.

Sadly...My djinn and I are out of date. The magic type never having gotten such a bonus after they were officially recognized:
Perfect Illusion [Light+Sound] [Founder: Staff]
Using a combination of Light and Sound magic, the user creates perfect illusions, including feel, sight, and sound.

Can Marax be one of the cool kids too and get a bonus effect? Dancing~

Vodarara

Vodarara
A-Tier
A-Tier

Any suggestions yak ?

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I believe that staff chose the bonuses for all the other djinn magic effects. So I was hoping to avoid choosing something myself as I feel that would be more fair.

If I were to give a somewhat vague suggestion on the direction to take though, I would say that perfect illusion isn't really much of a direct offense magic type. So some kind of effect that serves a more supplementary purpose would probably be more fitting.

If staff is unable to think of any ideas and is willing to let me choose my own bonus effect then I shall strive to put forth a more specific balanced suggestion.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Honestly, when we discussed passives given to magic combinations, it was determined that Perfect Illusion was already really well balanced and had no need for an extra passive effect, as adding one might make it more OP than it already is. However, we will discuss this... also, Djinn's have a passive unto themselves, so you do already kinda have a passive.

However, we will discuss the possibilities and let you know.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yes, I do have a passive djinn equip effect. But I'm referring to a combination magic effect that people other than myself could use. I'm not looking for anything game breaking here. Just for the same treatment all other combination magics get with this magic type.

Thankyou for accepting to bring it to a staff discussion though. I shall await the results of your deliberation.

P.S. You did just bring a potential effect to mind with your post. I'll keep it to myself for now but if staff would like to hear the idea please let me know.

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

At this time, staff have discussed and found that there are not really many D-tier supplementary effects that could be added to this combo magic to really alter it. If you can suggest a passive that fits with the rules o passives (meaning it must be a D-tier supplementary effect), it will be considered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum