You are not connected. Please login or register

Living Dead [Job/Reserved]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Living Dead [Job/Reserved] Empty Living Dead [Job/Reserved] 30/09/15, 11:59 pm

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier

Again, my journey would take me to the Desert of Forgotten Souls. This time, however, I was not heading out to some remote tunnels, but to a monument of power and history: The Black Temple. The Black Temple had once been a great and wondrous symbol of Heliohapt's mysterious and strange magic, but a while back it had been destroyed by an unknown man. Fortunately, construction was under way, and nothing had gone wrong. Nothing, that is, until now. There had been reports, that while at first seemed illogical, were now urgent and verified by the supervisor of the workers himself.  And so my next task would take me to a location I'd heard of but never visited before, to deal with a problem that I'd never thought would exist. According to the information I'd received, the issue the project was dealing with... was mummies. Mummies had risen up from the ground from graves that were nearby and had, out of nowhere, begun attacking workers, causing them to flee the area. It all sounded so unreal, and yet it wasn't anything to laugh at. These mummies had terrorized the workers, and had brought the project to a total standstill. Unless someone did something, it seemed that the project would never moved forward. And that's why I was here; after my involvement with the city guard, they'd recommended me for the job. Would would've thought a magician like me would've ended up having to deal with something like this? And while I knew I was needed, I wasn't sure if I was ready for something like this all on my own. What was I to expect, and how was I going to deal with it? I guess I'd find out soon enough; the Black Temple was drawing into view. And what a sight it was; the black stone loomed ahead of me like a dark mark in the area, so distinct from the sand that surrounded it. A strange sight, it seemed to give off a strange and eerie feeling, even though it was uncompleted. I pushed the thoughts aside, however; they were probably mental side effects of my nervousness about what was waiting for me. And I literally mean waiting for me. The mummies were all standing, each on a corner of the scaffold of the pyramid, looking out over the desert for intruders. And unfortunately, one of them spotted me. They began to, slowly, move down towards me, and I knew I had to land before they got close; who know what they might do if I wasn't ready to fight by the time they reached me. Putting the carpet down under the shadow of the scaffolding, I looked around for some water. I'd been in a rush at the urgency of the news, for it had only reached me today, and I hadn't brought any source of water with me. I knew there had to be something around here somewhere, for the workers to have drank from. As I look around, trying my best to keep my eyes peeled, the mummies draw ever closer. At least, I spot it; a large jar with the markings of water on it. Perfect for me, since I could use all the water I could get. Getting the lid off was a task in of itself, but the adrenaline pumping through my veins helped me push it off. It shattered on the ground, and I knew my time was almost up as the mummies groans grew louder and they drew closer. Thankfully, I now had a source of water, and as I pulled my wand out, I cast Maelstorm and turned around to find a mummy practically on top of me. It swung an arm at me, shattering my borg, and I was forced to knock it back with Water Jet. Acting fast, I cast Wave as well, which hit all of the mummies as had the first attack I'd sent out. However, these monsters seemed resilient, so I was down to the wire. With the last of the water after such large attacks, I cast Ice Daggers and send one each at the mummies. Two are destroyed, exploding into a pile of sand, strangely and coincidentally enough. The other two, however, use Bandage Toss to stop my attacks, not realizing they could've attacked me. And I took the opportunity to finish them off with Ice Spears which thankfully gutted them. Breathing hard, I fall down onto the ground to rest. I didn't know what those things were, but the way they'd been destroyed... it was similar to the beetles. Disturbingly so. There was something going on here, and I didn't like it. But I would get to the bottom of it eventually; for now, however, I needed to inform the supervisor that all was finished. I couldn't wait to get away from this looming menace of a building either; it was terrifying for some reason I couldn't place. Heading back to my carpet, which was unfortunately soaking wet due to my larger attacks, I set off towards the camp the supervisor and the workers stayed at while they weren't working on the project. Hopefully, the carpet would dry out in the meantime as I spoke with the supervisor.

"Excuse me,  is anyone here?" I ask as I approach the largest tent in the camp.

"What do you want?" the supervisor asks from inside, probably thinking I was a worker.

"I came to fix your problem with the mummies, and the task has been completed. They won't be coming back to bother you. In fact, they turned into sand..." I mutter as I walk inside the tent, seeing the supervisor sitting at a desk, head folded in his hands.

"What do you mean, sand?" he questions, confused as he looks up at me. It seemed the project's delay had taken a toll on him, and he was probably very concerned as to what would happen.

"That's just it. I'm not entirely sure either. But they became sand, just like that. It's strange... something similar happened recently, and I'm wondering if there might be a connection. But in any case, I would be happy to help if they ever do come back, but it seems like they're gone for good. At least, I hope so," I reply.

"You and me both, huh?" he says, his weary and tired face cracking a smile. I smile back, glad that even through his anxiety and lack of sleep, he was able to see the good in the situation. A man like this wouldn't be turned away by the dark aura that thing gave off. No, he seemed like the perfect man to lead the project. I just hoped nothing else would happen.

1126/1125 word count

150/250 magoi count

Abilities:

Secondary Profession Perks:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum