You are not connected. Please login or register

Rebuilding a Great Nation: The Mysterious Temple [Solo Job]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ace

Ace
β-Tier
β-Tier

I head towards the next construction project, but when I arrive, work seems to have come to a halt. When I ask a volunteer, which was standing away from the slaves and was distinguished by his clothing, what was going on, he tells me that one of the rooms had flooded due to a magician's spell that had gone wrong. Instead of blocking out the sun with a cloud, he'd caused a pouring rain which had caved in part of the roof. However, that was no problem for me. I make my way inside pull out my wand to use Evaporate, causing all the water in the room to the left to turn into mist. Still, there was the matter of the cave in. I head inside, the sun shining in through the whole in the roof. Casting Water Arm, I command it to pick the rubble up and hold it into place. Once it was there, I cast Freeze on the mist that was in the cracks and on the roof, keeping it in place for now at least. However, there was now a big hole in the floor, and it seemed the piece was at the bottom of it. I have the water arm grab me and lower me down until I touch the floor, moving the water arm down to the bottom of the hole with me, still within its 10 meter range, and sustain the spell until I needed it next. I hop down off the mount of rocks that had once been the roof and look around the small room. It was really dark but I walk up to the wall to read what it said, and when I'm done I look around in awe. Apparently, this place had been dedicated to cultist water gods, but had been sealed up when a new Pharaoh had come into power and never been used since. I look around, but as voices grow louder and people draw closer, I know my time is up. Still, I'd made a discovery that could be very valuable later, so I would be back here sooner or later...

I command the Water Arm I'd sustained to lift me up on piece of the floor. Once it was even with the hole, I cast Ice Dragon and cause it to coat the crack in a thin layer of ice to hold it in place before dismissing the creation. A few volunteers appeared to check up on what had happened, and I told them that there had been a small crack that I'd needed to fix, and that we needed something to put in it to cover it up and stick it together. One of them went off as the others surveyed the room, noticing the hole in the roof as well. When the boy who'd left returned with the substance, I use a chisel to break the ice on a part of the hole and began to fill it in, repeating the process two more times until the hole was completely sealed. Even so, however, I knew what was there, and as the sounds of work began to pick up again as slaves fixed the hold in the ceiling, I began to chip the ice away with a chisel as I had on the floor and grabbed a large stick with a sponge on the end to fill in the holes. In a few minutes, it looked as good as new, and my work here for the day was finished. The temple was coming along smoothly, but all I could think about as I left was how I was going to get back down there.

500+/500

Weapon:

Social Abilities:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum