You are not connected. Please login or register

My problems that Abbilties out right Remove Reaction time completely

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

As a dex user speed is my best weapon, but when reaction times mean nothing, since as long as someone has enough movement skills, their is 0% i am going to hit them while they are closing the gap. Then once they have closed the gap, my bow would become absoloutely worthless. 

Now for me abilities removing reaction times is god molding. Id give you an Example of why

B rank person underestimates a D rank.. Runs at them head on at 15m/s, Yes they might use a skill that lets them move forward [Blocking project tiles] that would be fine, since it was used before firing the arrow. But say they are sprinting at an archer at 15m/s [no skll active] when the target gets within say 10 meters, the archer fires a shot at 20m/s , Thats a total of 35m/s for 10m leaving 0.28 seconds to react, Yet they can stull use a ability at this point in time to block or move. 
Fair enough if they used a skill beforehand, to allow them or, they were moving forward in. Now if a B vs B as hhere this speed would possible Reach 50m/s because of their sprinting leaving 0.2 seconds to react... Yet using a tech at this moment is still legit.   For me this is god molding.

Azix Niraj

Azix Niraj
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try.

Reaction-timing will be used only under the circumstances that the techniques that are clashing have a discrepancy of 2 or more ability tiers in order to determine whether or not an ability can be defended/clashed against. This is in order to allow close-range users the opportunity to use their abilities in a close range fight.

Reaction-Timing is a crucial concept in RP fights. This determines how quickly someone can perceive the fact that something is actually happening. The average reaction-rate of every non-Imuchakk character on the site is 0.215 seconds (215 milliseconds).

Imuchakk
Slow reaction-timing (Reaction speed of .25 instead of .215)

Player A| B-Tier
Player B| D-Tier

Player A is running at 15 m/s and once they are within 10 meters of Player B, Player B fires an C-Tier arrow at 20 m/s.

20t + 15t = 10
35t = 10
t = 0.2857

Per this example, 0.2857 seconds is more than enough to react appropriately. This does not constitute God modding to me.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Can you be a bit more clear with what you feel is godmod? Your example didn't make a ton of sense to me, I don't see what's godmod. Is it that someone can initiate an ability even under extremely time sensitive conditions?

I'd like to note that just because you use an ability, that doesn't mean it's going to clash with an opponent's ability or that it's going to be successful. Depending on the ability you might need to be in a certain position or perform an act that leaves you open to attack. Abilities can still miss and they are not all powerful. So even is player B used an ability in your example, there is no guarantee it would hit you before they themselves got hit.

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

Well in the maths i got it wrong compared to the reaction time on the site, but the point was that apprently here, which when asking about it when it was first brought to my attention was confirmed that even if you don't have enough time to react, you can use an ability to react, like you had all the time in the world.

Which means to me Reaction time is not even treated as 0 it doesn't exist. Here

Reasoning Given to me 

[qoute]The reason why reaction times aren't used too much when skills meet within a certain tier level are 2 fold. The first of which being is for balance purposes; no user would ever be able to react to anyone's A-Tier attack as soon as they came within 5~ish meters of that individual. [/qoute] 

Like if your face is in front of a drawn bow, within 5 meters and your not moving already in reaction to a drawn bow... you should be hit in the face, no matter what ability you have. The same as if someone was sprinting at someone who fired an arrow, within the right distance shouldn't be able to react.  Obviously the speed needs to be high but distance low.  

My main issue is, that according to what i was told, and questions answer it means no mater how stupid a b rank is [ i mean really stupid], he can't bet punished by it for a lower rank. For meele it works like turn base for me anyway and reaction time is not important. But still you can't just be like *bob walks up to tony who has already started swinging his blade at Bob who has not even noticed the blade, then the 0.0001 second before contact is made.. he notices the attack and jumps back somehow before it hits him....

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

It's optional whether or not you want to omit reaction times. I assume you got that information from Garret since I know his policy is to ignore reaction times for the sake of not being overwhelming or unfair.

If you don't like omitting reaction times, then you don't have to. Just make sure you let opponents in PvP know that you intend to stick by them.

Here's the link that specifies this:

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2456-race-system#11674

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As it is now, if the players in the thread agree to following reaction timing regardless of ability tier, then that is fine according to the 'Battle Topics' rule:

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t2444-general-site-rules#11649

While this may be the case, the current rules default to reaction speed times being removed under the circumstances that Yaku has linked to above (the examples reveal when reaction speeds would be removed). To show the full quote of what I said, please check the following:

Garret wrote:The reason why reaction times aren't used too much when skills meet within a certain tier level are 2 fold. The first of which being is for balance purposes; no user would ever be able to react to anyone's A-Tier attack as soon as they came within 5~ish meters of that individual.

This is based on the math of reaction times. .215 * 25 m/s = 5.375. This means that a majority of close range fighters are useless, even against other close range fighters. All that would matter would be 'who had the longer reach'.

The second reason is to put an emphasis on 'if you sacrifice your energy pool instead of using a basic attack, you are making a worthwhile investment'. This is an intentional part of the System's design.

Honestly speaking, a 'Novice' (D-Tier) should not be able to defeat a General (B-Tier) in combat, because the General's experience is much greater than the Novice's. Same thing for anyone who has a 2 tier difference in strength.

Bianca would like to know if others are in the same boat as her, and is trying to find a means of bringing reaction speeds back as the default to-go in battle, instead of it having to be agreed upon beforehand.

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

My issue has nothing to do with the reaction time rules shown in, that section, since everything their is about Meele vs Meele combat, it has nothing about projectile attacks.

Which based on what you have told, me along with other people, Reaction time is not being applied to at all, which makes every Projectile in the game Worthless,[In PVP]. As long has someone has at least 3 Move/Defense or similar to loop around the coop down, A meele will have no issue closing the gap, since they can dodge every single attack no question, hell according to them rules. even at D rank i could avoid a point blank range Gun to the head [Yes i know we don't have guns here]. But don't you see how stupid that sounds. Like i could even have a cup of tea, watch a movie all in the time of them firing the gun, and still move out the way. Since reaction time is non existance.

yet i am the only one seeing a problem, with no reaction being applied at all. All a strength user needs is 3 step to the side skills [D rank, and i can't ever hit them].

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

You exaggerate the extent of what you are able to pull off. Also, yes, someone who has more combat experience and more abilities has a much higher chance of avoiding an attack. This is due to the experience in battles.

But, as Garret and Yaku both clearly pointed out, you are welcome to make the stipulation during a PVP fight that reaction times must be used.

Player vs Player battles rely heavily on the number of abilities and variations of those abilities, along with how smart they have managed their magoi/stamina up to this point. Yes, a B-tier has an advantage over a D-tier. If they did not, you would be arguing that "Well, I am higher level, why don't I have a better chance at surviving a fight with someone that has no experience."

PVP is based more off of skill and strategy and not as much on getting in a lucky shot.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

Bianca Cordelia Brown wrote:My issue has nothing to do with the reaction time rules shown in, that section, since everything their is about Meele vs Meele combat, it has nothing about projectile attacks.

Which based on what you have told, me along with other people, Reaction time is not being applied to at all, which makes every Projectile in the game Worthless,[In PVP]. As long has someone has at least 3 Move/Defense or similar to loop around the coop down, A meele will have no issue closing the gap, since they can dodge every single attack no question, hell according to them rules. even at D rank i could avoid a point blank range Gun to the head [Yes i know we don't have guns here]. But don't you see how stupid that sounds. Like i could even have a cup of tea, watch a movie all in the time of them firing the gun, and still move out the way. Since reaction time is non existance.

yet i am the only one seeing a problem, with no reaction being applied at all. All a strength user needs is 3 step to the side skills [D rank, and i can't ever hit them].

You seem to have a serious misconception. Simply because a player uses an ability it doesn't mean you can never hit them. For example, if a player uses a D-tier dodge and you've fired an explosive arrow with a larger radius than their movement ability can cover, it doesn't matter how fast they react. They are still getting hit.

That isn't the only scenario in which you can hit someone either. You could create an ability to lay down oil and fire on either side of an opponent and then fire basic shots down the center effectively creating a situation where they can't dodge.

Or you could fire your arrow in a manner in which your opponent could never see it coming and therefore have no chance to react in the first place.

Your opponent could even make a mistake and end up getting hit because they moved in a bad way or used an ability that matched poorly with the type of attack you performed. For example, they use a movement ability that is limited to dashing straight forwards due to its wording. This would just make them run into your fired arrow faster. It would not magically give them the power to dodge it.

Which based on what you have told, me along with other people, Reaction time is not being applied to at all, which makes every Projectile in the game Worthless,[In PVP].

In response to this line specifically, as one of the few people on the forum who have actually done PvP, I can say with absolute certainty that this is false. Reaction times are being used. I've used them against opponents like Lagi and Jahangir has used them against me when I fought him as Liber.

Reaction times are usually ignored because there is rarely PvP and therefore they are almost never needed. Most combat on the forum is against job NPCs which players themselves control. This is why reaction times are "Usually" omitted. This does not mean everyone in PvP throws them out the window. So you can rest at ease. You can hit people with your shots. It might take some strategy beyond simply firing your arrow, but it can be done.

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

I just want to clear up one last misconception:

'Ex.' means 'Example'. Those italicized words are not 'every situation it applies', they are just examples of common situations. Nowhere in that post does it say that it's limited to melee only, it goes for every class. It does say the following:

Solomon's Proxy wrote:This is in order to allow close-range users the opportunity to use their abilities in a close range fight.

But that is simply giving the earlier reasoning I provided, up-front, and is not limiting it to Strength users.

Kara Satel Bane

Kara Satel Bane
A-Tier
A-Tier

@ Garret in the range example you gave me, you said someone should be able to Dodge a A rank project within 5 meters, for Balancing which is a load of rubish, a good roleplayer will react to someone drawing the bow, or the activation step but if they wait for them to fire their shot then they should get hit.

@Ariella Negri
Yes i know B ranks should have a major advantage over someone lower rank[ that is not the issue, its that when reaction time is not being applied even on a basic scale which you Garret and a few others have told me. Anyone higher rank becomes a God. In a battle vs a B rank the only chance for  a D rank to win, is to overskill the other person through roleplay, to get that first effective shot on target, in a situation they can't react. Yes the situation is near imposible because they litarlly have to be sprinting at you, not to mention they have 10000 ways of beating you. [The issue here is even if it is Near impossible[like it should], it still needs to be Possible in the event the roleplay of this person gets cheeky and thinks, they can run face first into an arrow.  Give me 1 good reason why, if an A rank is standing in Front of Someone Fires an Omega shots [35m/s], [so like 1 meter of distance] that the other person should be able to wait for the arrow to be shot, and traveling to react to the skill ?, logically they would react to the drawing of the bow to avoid it, or the release of the archers hand on the trigger.[Keep in mind, that allow them to react, they could simply, go raises

@Yak In terms of the Explosive arrow, they could use 2 movement skills,D rank 1 to the arrow in the air no matter how fst, and the moment before it hits the floor. but again your only showing a use of abblities of stupidity[Not saying your stupid, saying that if their going use an abbility to run headfirst into the arrow, over move out the way is stupid.

i am glad you say they are used in some manor, but based on what others are saying thats only on agreement, and normally outright ignored. Reaction times is ment to be a point of common sense in roleplays. Dont run head first into an archer, because you might not be able to react, if someone shoots you  move out the way.  

1,No reaction considered when ability can be used or not= extremely bad and allows god moding,

2.common sense level of reaction time = crucial part of a roleplay fight, and is designed to punish mistakes....

3.then theirs the high level of reaction time = which ur rules area relates 2, which is not needed .

Common sense Reaction time still needs to be in continous effect. And as far as your issue with an A rank
Otherwise everyone can do something like this. . He had enough time to react, but left with no time to do anything about it so he cheated.

Though i am going leave it here, its quite obviouse your not going listen to me, Just Disappointed in all,

Vardreth

Vardreth
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Wasn't arguing with you, Bianca, just stating the rules as they are at this time.

I'm not 100% sure on where Yaku stands on this, so I would like to say so far it's 1 and 1 for votes.

Bianca finds the current systems rules unfair and unacceptable. Azix finds the current systems rules fair and acceptable.

I would like to hear a bit more from the rest of the forum-base before considering this topic finished, even if it's simply a 'I think the current systems rules for reaction timing is not fine.' or 'I think the current systems rules for reaction timing is fine.'

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As there have been no further comments, this is considered solved with no changes being made to the current system.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum