You are not connected. Please login or register

Trouble at the Docks [C/Bahir]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trouble at the Docks [C/Bahir] Empty Trouble at the Docks [C/Bahir] 30/11/14, 09:03 pm

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Spoiler:

The night air wafted gently over Bianca Lenti's form as she made her way along the docks. A trade vessel had come into port earlier that day and had sent a messenger over to the hospital where Bianca worked. It appeared that the captain had fallen ill at the end of their voyage and was too weak to disembark, so he had requested a healer to come to the ship. Bianca had volunteered to go alone, seeing as how they were short staffed and she loved meeting people who traveled from far-off places. She'd hoped to get a story or two from the captain, but the man seemed to covet his rest so the young healer remained politely silent as she treated him.

It had taken longer than expected, but Bianca was surprised when she realized that it was nightfall. After a few minutes of walking in the darkness alone, the door of a nearby pub swung open and four rowdy sailors stepped out into the open air, laughing heartily and slapping each other on the back. They milled about for a moment before one of them noticed the blonde cleric shuffling along a few meters away. He elbowed one of his buddies to attention, and soon the four men had closed in on her. Bianca tried to avoid looking at them, but it was difficult to when they seemed to be blocking her field of vision every time she turned.

”Oi love, why don’t you come and show us a good time, yeah? We’re only in port for a few days, hafta make the best of it!” One of them tried to encourage her, the other roaring in laughter. ”C’mon then, don’t be so stingy! I promise we won’t hurt ya.” She squeaks when another grabs her wrist unexpectedly and pulls her toward him, close enough so that she can smell the alcohol on his breath. ”P-please let me go…” She whimpers quietly, afraid to confront them with her words lest she make them angry. She tries to tug her wrist out from the man’s iron grip to no avail, and she feels tears begin to form.

[358/1000]

Last edited by Bianca on 03/12/14, 02:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

What a day!

Bahir's second day back in Reim was coming to a close and it had been an eventful one. Despite the travel from Balbadd, he ran into quite the interesting character earlier. The recollection of his day, filled Bahir with a bit of hope. There were other Fanalis in Reim. That's the good thing. They aren't all killed... The hopeful thoughts were soon shaken from his mind. He didn't need to get his hopes up too high before there was any actual evidence. He would just have to keep his ears to the ground for anything that may have happened back then. Even still, he couldn't help but want to think positively.

The young fanalis was walking down the street, heading towards a pub. Everyone needs a good unwinding time. This would be his. As he made his way towards the establishment, he could hear a bit of a situation starting to form. As he got closer to the pub, he was able to see the situation play out. There were four men cluttered around a young woman. She seemed to have a nervous, almost panicky look on her face. Bahir came to a halt a few feet away from the entrance to the pub, focusing on what was before him. He saw one of the men grab the girl's wrist and heard the silent whimper emerge from the girl's lips "p-please let me go.." When those words registered with the Fanalis, rage instantly overtook him. He walked up to the group until he was five meters away from them. "Is everything okay over here...?" Despite his attempt to speak calmly, the fanalis's words were dripping with anger.

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

At the sound of another voice, the young blonde woman looked up sharply to see a man several meters away. Though he looked a bit ominous cloaked in dark clothing, her eyes pleaded with him for help as she was too nervous to form proper words.

”Ehh?” One of the sailors grunts and turns to face Bahir, squinting at the young man in the dull light of the street lamps. ”You best move along, boy. These are our docks. The man warns, punching his fist into an open palm in a gesture of warning. Due to the lack of light and his inebriation, the sailor doesn’t notice Bahir’s red hair right away.

One of the other men wraps his arm around Bianca’s waist and pulls her toward him roughly, grinning down at her as he does so. The young woman yelps, startled and terrified, and Bahir forgotten for the moment. ”I-I said to l-let me go!” She cries out, screwing her eyes shut and whacking the man behind the head with the rod of her staff.

[534/1000]

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

When the men started to speak to Bahir, warning him that he should leave, Bahir began to walk towards them. Okay. There are four of them. If I assault the one closest to the one holding onto the girl, he may let her go and swing at me... or try and use her as a hostage. He tried to analyze the situation, moving silently as the men continued on. With his stronger than normal eyesight, he looked into the girl's eyes. Seeing her pleas for help before she could say another word. Too bad for them, Bahir was committed to helping this girl now.

Hearing the girl yelp for the man to let her go, Bahir's instincts kicked in and he forgot about the planning he was just trying to do. Bahir utilized his training in moving quickly. One of the things he prided himself on was having an explosive first step. The fanalis boy pushed off with his rear foot, cracking the ground a bit and immediately began running at 10m/s. His eyes were set on the man holding onto the young woman cloaked in white. Within no time at all, Bahir was within striking distance of his target and leapt into the air. While in the air, he moved his body to where he was facing the woman and man. As he passed by, Bahir extended his fist. His target was the man's face, but he waited until the right moment so he wouldn't hit the girl.

Whether the man would be hit or not, Bahir's next situation was the same. He landed a few feet away from the woman. He looked up to see that he was smack dab in the middle of the group of men. The young Fanalis stood strong and looked at each of the men surrounding him. "The smart move for you all... would be to walk away..." Bahir spoke in a threatening tone as he put his left hand on the hilt of his dagger and gave his knees a slight bend, preparing for the high possibility of the men ignoring his warning and charging him.
[637/1000]
Explosive First Step:

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

The men look up at Bahir as his foot digs into the ground and he launches himself towards them at an impossible speed. Due to the dim light and the boy’s dark clothes, they hadn’t taken notice of his Fanalis-red hair. As Bahir sails over the man who was holding onto Bianca, all of them gaze up in awe at this stranger’s acrobatic movements. His fist hits his mark, delivering C-tier damage with his enhanced strength. The sailor with the now smashed face cries out suddenly in pain, letting Bianca go to stumble backwards and grab his face. Her hands now freed, the young woman cover her mouth with them as she watches Bahir land. She tries to stutter out a thank you to the heroic stranger, but the words die in her throat as the remaining three sailors charge at him.

”We’ll make you pay for that kid! You got lucky, is all!” one of them thunders. ”Even if yous is a Fanalis, aint no way you can take us all down!” Had the sailors not had their judgment impaired from a night of downing ale, perhaps they would have made the smart choice and backed off. They were far slower than Bahir, but there were more of them than there were of him. The two sailors closest to Bahir each take a swing at him, one clumsily using a non-ability punch and the other aiming for the boy’s head with a Drunken Fist.

Bianca felt slightly relieved to be free of the men…but she couldn’t just leave this mysterious fighter here to fend for himself, regardless of how well he had the situation under control. Taking a deep breath, she goes over the commands for a certain spell in her head. She was never much of a fighter, but due to certain recent events in Reim, she thought it best to learn a bit of combat magic should she ever get into trouble. Not that it seemed to help her before, but she was too nervous to try it. Closing her eyes and placing both hands on her staff, Bianca drops a few seeds from her sleeve on the ground and summons them into full-grown vines.

”Don’t move.” She whispered, willing one of the vines to lash out and wrap around the third sailor’s arm, immobilizing him temporarily. She hoped that she’d be able to buy her cloaked hero some time, if anything.

[Magoi: 140/150]

[939/1000]

Spoiler:

Last edited by Bianca on 09/12/14, 01:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Great. Just great. They did the exact opposite of what Bahir was hoping for... or did they? He couldn't help but feel a slight thrill once he saw the three drunkards coming towards him. Their footwork was clumsy and their balance was off a bit. Why would you try to fight someone when you are intoxicated, Bahir couldn't help but muse to himself as he watched his opponents come at him. It wasn't very long until they were ready to strike the Fanalis. That was a bit of a task to take on. One of the men came at him lazily and the other with a lot more focus. The first one wouldn't be a problem. Bahir narrowed his eyes and moved back a bit and pivoted on his left foot, pushing with his right. He made a slight spin, his body making contact with his assailant, rolling right off of him. The drunken man's momentum overtook him and made his stumble a bit when there wasn't a solid body there to stop him. Bahir was so amused he almost forgot about his other attacker.

His eyes darted back just in time to see where the man was. Bahir tried to move as fast as he could, but all he could manage was to bring his arms up soon enough to take the blow. The strength from the man's attack caused the young Fanalis to fall back, a grunt coming from him. He fell onto his back and used his momentum to roll backwards into a kneeled position. That was the straw. The Fanalis found himself in a rage and was ready to just be done with the two men in front of him. Wait... two? Where was the third? He didn't have time to figure it out. The two men were coming his way again. He had to hit them before they had a chance to hit him. Well... if he was going to make this work then now was the time to do so. His legs started to tense as his targets came closer and he lifted his knee from the ground a bit.

Once they were within 3 meters, Bahir pushed off of his back leg at 20m/s He had his front leg raised in front of him so the bottom of his foot would crash into the chest of one of the sailors, adding a kick to his Hunter's Lunge to deal C-tier damage. The sheer speed of the assault took both of the men by surprise. Without time to react, due to their drunken state, one of the sailors was taken with Bahir. Bahir extended his leg that was in the man's chest, pushing the man forward a meter. Simultaneously, Bahir used his push off to change directions and come to a skidding halt. Then he saw the third person. He was behind the other drunk, but he was entangled by a vine. Perfect. He thought to himself. The young fanalis began jogging towards the closest drunk and steadily increased to his running speed of 10 m/s. When there was 1.5 meters between the two, Bahir jumped and brought his pushing leg around in a roundhouse kick into the drunken man's chest, dealing C-tier damage. The man flew backwards and Bahir continued his rampage. The second the balls of his feet touched the ground, he was pushing off of them to keep moving towards the immobilized drunk.

By the time Bahir made it to the man, he had ripped through the vine and had both of his fists raised, looking down at the woman. He was going to bring his fists down in a Drunken Pummel, but Bahir had made it to him and tackled him to the ground. The fanalis sat up slowly and saw that the drunken man was half asleep. Alcohol... heh. My best friend. He thought to himself. He looked around for the other three and noted that they were still unconscious. With his adrenaline fading, Bahir felt a highly unusual sting in his arm. He winced at the feeling and rolled off of the man that he collided into. Sitting up slowly, Bahir looked towards the girl and coughed, trying to calm himself back down. "A-are you alright?"
Hunter's Lunge:
Stamina: 50/80
Word Count: 1352/1000

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Biting her lower lip, the young blonde looks nervously from side to side and takes a step back as the drunken man struggles against the grip of her vines. She can’t help but be drawn to the sounds of fighting and grunting several meters away, hoping that the poor boy who stepped in wouldn’t get pummeled by the sailors. As it was rather dark, all she could see was the entanglement of their silhouettes as she her eyes rapidly flickered back and forth between the fighting and her captive. Her mind urged her to run but her legs would not move, partially out of fear and partially out of not wanting to leave the young man alone with the group of angry drunks.

”You’ll pay for that, you little wench!” The angry sailor had managed to struggle through and break her vines. Though she managed to stop him for a short while, her tactic seemed to only serve to make him angrier. As the man grunted and raised a fist above him with the intention of bringing them down on the poor girl, Bianca closed her eyes tightly and clutched her staff in front of her in preparation for the impact. But it never came, only the sound of grunting and a body hitting the ground. Peeking open, the magician girl was surprised to see that the heroic young man had tackled her assailant to the ground.

With a cry of surprise, she kneels down beside the young man. ”Y-you…” She pauses, looking around to see the other three sailors in various states of disarray, all unconscious. ”You beat all of these men?” She seems shocked for a few moments before shaking her head and getting back down to earth. ”Y-yes, I’m…yes, I’m fine, th-thanks. Thank you!” She stumbles out, her heart still beating fast from the heat of the situation. Now that she had a closer look at the man who had saved her, she notice two things about him. First was his Fanalis-red hair. Being raised by Fanalis, Bianca had a soft spot for the Red Lions. Second would be he was roughly around her age, and more importantly, he was cute. She seems almost startled by this realization and jumps again, a healthy flush painting her cheeks as she looks to the side, away from Bahir’s face.

Her eyes land on Bahir’s arm with she notices has begun to form dark bruises, likely from the fight. ”Oh!” She starts again. ”You-you’re injured! I’m so sorry! I’m a healer so um, I can heal you. I’m not that good but I—well I’m good enough to heal you! I’m not as skilled as the other healers but I—I mean, I’ll be able to heal you correctly, don’t worry! It doesn’t look that bad. I-I mean I bet it hurts, so I’m not trying to say that it does—doesn’t! Hahaha!” The girl laughs awkwardly and offers Bahir a nervous smile before staring at him for a few moments.

Realizing that she was supposed to heal him, the skittish girl jumps again and points her staff at Bahir’s arm. ”Please um, don’t move. It will only take a little bit, I swear!” Whispering commands to the rukh, Bianca guides the purple rukh to surround Bahir’s injured arm and accelerate the rate of tissue repair using Gentle Light. Once finished, the young healer pulls her staff away. ”Uh…Bianca. I’m Bianca. N-not that you asked for my name! Um, please ignore that if you didn’t want to know…ahaha….”

[Magoi: 120/150]

[1000+/1000]

Spoiler:

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir watched the girl fumble around with her words for a moment. He couldn't really describe what he was feeling at the time, but he knew it was just shy of amusement. Apparently this must have been how women felt when he spoke to them. It was pretty adorable when it came from this blonde girl before him, though. He figured it was just frustrating when he was the one falling over himself. To answer her question about beating the men, Bahir gave a humble shrug of the shoulders. She seemed impressed by the ordeal, but he thought he just got lucky at the time. He was a bit more agile than the men, but they also handicapped themselves by picking a fight while they were drunk. Bahir was still confused as to why people would even try to fight in an inebriated state. They lose control of their body and become clumsier.

The young fanalis closed his eyes after he saw a strange light emanate from the woman's staff. He slowly started to relax as the feeling started to come back to his arms. His biceps tensed as he instantly started to feel an immense stinging sensation. Well, she regulated the blood flow in his arms at least. The blow from the drunken sailor did more to Bahir than he thought, apparently. He looked to the girl who announced herself as Bianca and smiled. "Th-thanks, Bianca! I'm Bahir. Thanks for healing me, by the way. I was a little worried that you'd just walk off. Well, I didn't imagine someone that looked like you would just walk away. Well, I hoped you wouldn't. Not that you look bad or anything! You just seem nice!" He chuckled a bit and looked down at his arms. "W-why were you out here anyway?"[/color] he asked looking back up at her. It did seem a bit odd that she was just out on the street at this time of night.

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

Bianca does her best to offer Bahir a reassuring smile. ”No no, it’s my duty as a healer to tend to the injured! There’s no way I’d leave you alone with a broken arm, especially after saving me! Th-thank you again for that, by the way!” The young healer chirps happily, running a hand through her blonde hair in order to calm her excited nerves. Bahir seemed like a nice young man.

She pauses when he poses a question, her mind suddenly blanking. What was she doing out here, alone on the docks at night? Taking in a deep breath, Bianca forces herself to look away from Bahir’s gaze lest she get distracted while she mentally recalls the day’s events that led her to be here. ”Oh!” She exclaims suddenly as the memory of her most recent task surfaces. ”Well, I was tending to a ship captain who had gotten too ill to disembark and come to the hospital for treatment. See, I work in one of Remano’s hospitals as a healer—but you already knew that! I mean, I did just heal your arm. At least I hope I did! I-I mean, I’m confident in my spells but I’m still learning and…it doesn’t hurt, does it? I have a spell that can temporarily relieve pain…!” She pauses from her nervous rambling and shakes her head. ”My apologies…um, are you from around here, Bahir?”

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Fanalis smiled at the woman who was tending to his wounds. He shook his head quickly, letting her know that he didn't feel any more pain. The truth was that he was feeling a little, but with each second that passed, he was feeling less and less of it. She may not have seemed like it, but she was pretty competent in healing. Even if she stumbled over her words and made it seem like she wasn't. Either way, Bahir was highly grateful to the woman for her help.

As the purple light faded from his arms, Bahir slowly stood up. He looked down at Bianca with a shy smile, "Th-thanks again! It feels amazing. My arms that is!" He scratched the back of his head with his left hand and blinked, a bit confused as to why she turned her head. He didn't think too much of it though. He spent that time deciphering what she was telling him. After she inquired about where he was from, the Fanalis coughed a couple of times, to clear his head. "Well I'm not usually around here. I mean, I live in Balbadd. Well I guess I technically live here now. I'm FROM Balbadd, though. I came to Reim to see the sights. You know?" He thought he was in the clear until he thought about the entire incident before hand. He chewed on the inside of his cheek before speaking up once more to the young magician, "Um. Bianca, I can walk you home. Just to kinda make sure this doesn't happen again. If you'd like..?"

Bianca Lenti

Bianca Lenti
C-Tier
C-Tier

”Oh! Wonderful!” She announces in a chipper tone, relieved to hear that his arm no longer hurt. Or perhaps he was just being nice, but Bianca didn’t question him further. ”Well Bahir, I hope you enjoy your stay in Reim…” She trails, a look of deep thought on her face as her cheeriness fades a bit. She didn’t know what direction Reim was headed in after Kou’s takeover, but she hoped in vain that things wouldn’t change too much. ”Huh?” She’s startled from her thoughts at Bahir’s offer, her face quickly heating up with a pink flush when she registers his words. ”Oh, I don’t want to be a burden…b-but if you don’t mind, I, I would appreciate it very much!” She offers the man a sheepish smile, grateful for his assistance.

[Exit]

Bahir

Bahir
β-Tier
β-Tier

Bahir watched the girl as she turned and offered her goodbyes. He figured it would take a moment before his offer sunk in for her. When it did, he was standing in the same spot. She turned and started to blush a bit, from the look of her cheeks. All he could do for a moment, was flash her a friendly smile. Bahir walked up to her and put his hand on her shoulder for a moment, trying his best to seem cooler than he was probably going to come off, "N-no worry! You're not a burden on me. I'm sure you wouldn't be a burden for anyone, but definitely not me. Besides, I owe you!" The young Fanalis followed after her, ensuring her the safest trip home.

-Exit-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum