You are not connected. Please login or register

[Non Canon/social/Minerva] Its Cold outside!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

She sighs, rolling over into the pillow. She was initially happy at the affection he had shown her. sure, she couldn't have lifted him, but that wasn't something on her agenda. But the reminder of her weakness perturbed her and discouraged her. Sure, one could improve with training, but she was fairly sure she'd need a lot more to even come close to the level of her friends. She rolled into Jahan, hiding her face in his chest. "Don't remind me, Jahan..."

She clung close to him before rolling over him and grabbing her staff, pushing herself toward the door. "Come on, Jahan. I know a place where I can train that's warm." She disappears, waiting downstairs for her man.

The barracks were empty at this time of night, the occasional guardsman only moving by to grab his materials. She pushes the last table to the side, a small arena made when she empties the floor. "Is this good?"

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Minerva inhales deeply, getting the oxygen to her brain. She was training with her boyfriend, so he wouldn't hurt her too bad...right? Then again, this was Jahangir, so she prepared for him to strike with intent. Her mind raced with the various way's the battle could play out, but in the end she only saw one chance of herself winning, and that was to force Jahangir airborne, where he could no longer dodge her spells.

This is just like the time's when you would micro in Skrimish with papa, Minerva reminded herself gently, attempting to sooth her racing mind. It's all about forcing the enemy into a position where they are at a disadvantage, and then using that as often as you can. I'd have to remove every other option from him except leaping, the question is how do I do that.

She dropped her thought process, steeling her nerves before she slammed her staff into the ground, a static pulse rippling out towards Jahan at 10/m per second before she leaps back a measly 5 meters, putting herself approximately 15 meters from Jahangir. She knew the static pulse would never be enough to really even distract a man who could leap so extravagantly, or even just skip to the side, but that wasn't what she wanted to do. She needed to by time. She needed a second for something so spark.

The air around her crackled, her soft static bringing her powers to light. Of course, she was really the only one who could see this happening, unless there was another person who could see the rukh. Her power was still raw, and unfocused, and it leaked slightly, but she stayed under the illusion that this was the norm. She kept her mind about her, never letting her eyes waver from Jahangir. Then suddenly something in her mind perked. If she could create something that would collapse around Jahangir from all sides, she could force him into the air. Her mind raced through her most recent readings on area spells, the young scholar swiftly recollecting several key passages. She knew that sustaining the spell would make it a bit more useful, so she attempted to work that in around what she had already formulated, quickly drawing the runes in her mind, a cyclic angle that amplified power from the outside in.

She waited for Jahan to approach a bit more before attempting to force him into a decision. She held her staff sideways, thrusting her hand in the direction of the ground beneath Jahan, the bolt of lightning suddenly circling the man. The sides suddenly began to fill in at 15m/s at what was his present location, but the damage wasn't her goal. If he leaped from the spot, she'd have a chance to nail him with one of her spells, and hopefully it would be enough to allow her to push into an advantage. Then of course, there was always the possibility he could dispel the field.

At this point, she could only try to react to her boyfriend, hoping the situation turned in her favor.

spells:

Trained Spell:

[Magoi 170/200]

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

Minerva doesn't even have the chance to react to the punch, her borg cracking audibly, the shattering sound ringing in her eardrums as she slowly sinks to the ground, catching herself on all fours. Her splayed hand twitches, her fingers arching and slowly curling beneath her palm until she's formed a fist. She pounds her fist on the ground in frustration, a small cloud of dust popping up as, her faliure begins to anger her, her eyes welling up slightly.

"Why...I trained myself every day for a fight and I lose in seconds...I spent so much time thinking up spells and now I'm here, and they were all useles!" Her rage at her own lack of ability echoes across the makeshift arena. "I'm useless...I'm always going to be protected..." She shudders gently, the dirt beneath her gently gathering the tears that slowly drip off her cheeks and nose. Her breath comes in strained pants, fighting back the tears from letting herself down. "I'm not cut our for fighting...I'm just not..."

Last edited by Minerva Gladius on 29/11/14, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Amaya

Amaya
β-Tier
β-Tier

She gris her teeth, biting her lip to force her own body to move. She pushes herself off the ground as Jahangir slowly turns and begins to walk away. A trickle of blood runs down her chin and the soft lines of tears still drip across her cheeks as he steps as he reaches Five meter's away from her. Her body tremblse, but no longer was the soft shudder from embarrasment, but it was now from an entierly new source: determination. She wasn't about to let Jahangir leave, and if anything, she knew she had to stop him here. Without any warning, she launched her flurry of Shock Spheres at Jahangir's legs, her eyes drivin, and fierce. At the same time, she sprang back, widening the distance between them to a full 20 meters.

She slams her staff on the ground, staring at Jahangir, her mind somehow clear behind the seething anger she was riddled with at the moment. She leveled her staff at the man, the hard crackle of her lightning circling the amethyst gem around the top. She unbuttons her cloak with one hand, tossing it haphazardly away at the bench, her mind only focused on improving right now. So what if Jahangir had spent every day of his life fighting? That didn't make him a better fighter than Minerva, and she refused to accept her own weakness.

Since her childhood she had been ridiculed, bullied, beaten up, and hated because of her silver hair and her mother's nationality and every time her father would somehow be there to save her. She was sick of it.

"I refuse...to accept that result..." She pushes her wrist beneath her eyes, drying off her still damp cheeks. "I refuse to stand under you. I refuse to stand behind my father. I will stand on my own, and meet anyone as an equal. I don't care if they've been fighting since they were born, I refuse to acknowledge that I cannot meet them on an equal level. I don't care if that person is my future husband, or the highest magician in magnostadt. I refuse to step down."

The air around her slowly ceases to crackle, her eyes now ablaze with her stormy determination. She knows that she was narrowminded last battle, relying on a gimic and wasting something that could have been valuable in a vain attempt to force Jaja into a one-hit-wonder. She would not make the same mistake again. Ever. No matter the circumstances.

She levels her stare at Jahangir, her eyes locking with his. "We're fighting again. I'm not leaving this room until I improve and you won't either, unless you want to give up on your chance to have me."

spells:

[Word count 452/500]
[Magoi 150/200]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum