The King's Burdens of the Past [Epic Quest - Lagi El Nagi]

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

As Lagi was flying away from the Dragon's nest, a large roar of anger was heard from behind him. It seemed as if the mother dragon had returned and noticed the missing egg from her lair. Letting out a cry of indignation, the dragon's roar could be heard even though Lagi had put some distance between the two. In the distance Lagi would see the dragon approaching him at speeds he would not be able to out-run. The beast's hide was green, and it came with a tail that was spiked like a club. Its body seemed to have scraggly tree branches growing from it along its spine, and the beast looked to almost be a combination of stone, moss and wood. Yet it flew through the air with such grace, its flight was fitting for that of a king of beasts.

It was closing distance on Lagi, who still held its egg in both hands, and the creature spouted out a burst of what looked to be a poisonous breath attack. As it came into contact with animals, the creatures... changed. They grew into living plants with what seemed to be drastically reduced movement speeds. It did not seem to have any effect on the plantlife below. It roared again, closing in on Lagi; it would soon be upon him, and if he did nothing with the dragon's egg then he would be without means of defending himself.

The King's Burdens of the Past [Epic Quest - Lagi El Nagi] - Page 3 JhKbHrK

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

“Oh Shi-“ Well that wasn’t good at all,  the freaking dragon managed to show up after all. This was Lagi’s second encounter with a being of dragon kin, but this creature was much more majestic than he thought.  On top of that, it had every intent to kill while Lagi was completely stuck with the dragon egg that he stole. However, Lagi wasn’t going to let this dragon pick him off, he was going to do anything in his power in order to slow the beast down. The best thing about Lagi’s current set of abilities is the fact that  he can emit them from any point of his body.

This actually turned out to be pretty handy, considering the fact that he doesn’t have any use of his hands. “I guess this means I have to rely on magic now.” Lagi used Balek Shroud, and emitted it from his body to provide cover and break the line of sight. Lagi would then immediately follow up with  Balek's Dragon Bullet ,using the initial steam from the Shroud as an additional cover to hide the attack as it headed straight for the dragon. It might of looked like more harmless steam, but that's where the strategy came in order to trick the dragon It wouldn't be substantial damage to take the dragon out, but he would wound it and slow it down.  One of the bets things to do was to break the line of sight an anticipate anything ahead of schedule. As a matter of fact, holding the egg served as a handicap that would prevent Lagi from using his weapon and impaling the beast.  He made a promise with El Drago, the last thing he wanted to do was to break it and kill the dragon.

155-200

Spoiler:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

The King's Burdens of the Past [Epic Quest - Lagi El Nagi] - Page 3 CrChE3t

The King's Burdens of the Past [Epic Quest - Lagi El Nagi] - Page 3 LBbFjDO

Lagi's Vault

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The dragon's speed did not slow down as Lagi had cast his mist. Instead, the creature continued moving directly for where it had last seen Lagi; it's intent? To ram into him and cause damage in that manner. If Lagi were to be hit by such a large beast at such high speeds he would undoubtedly suffer grievous wounds. The only issue with that was collateral damage with the Dragon's egg. Whether the mother dragon had a plan in store to protect its child, or was simply lashing out in disregard to all else, remained to be seen. Yet as soon as the Dragon had entered the mist, Lagi fired off his Balek's Dragon Bullet. The green dragon did not see it coming, but its strong senses were able to pick up that something was wrong. At the last moment, it peeled off in order to avoid Lagi's attack, but it was too late. The dragon's wing had been struck by a large amount of mist, and the burns from it ate away at the dragon wing's membrane.

Letting out a final roar of anger, the green dragon began spiraling downwards, out of control, and crash-landing into the forest. Its cries of anger and frustration made it apparent that the creature had not died, yet it seemed desperate in its attempts to follow Lagi. The sound of trees being smashed to the ground slowly sounded off lower and lower in the background until Lagi was completely in the clear, no longer under pursuit. The King of Reim was now able to return back to El Drago with the egg intact.

Lagi would soon find himself in the presence of El Drago, with the egg alongside him. "Kid.... I see you've brought the egg back as promised.... Very well, you are worthy of my strength. Yet there is still one thing that bothers me; your clan's means of treating its beasts. I will not be so demanding and lay this Geass upon your entire clan, but you alone will not use force as a method of breaking beasts for training. I will not budge on this, so do not think to defend your clans ways. If you agree to this condition, our pact is complete." El Drago watched Lagi carefully, awaiting his response.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi was silent for a moment, this condition as the same as giving up parts of his profession that he was trained on most of his life. This is something that Lagi couldn’t do anymore, not in the way that he was taught. “You are asking me to give up everything I ever knew and find another way to subdue animals. I can’t use force? It won’t be easy…but…. “ Lagi would then nod his head in order to accept. “Fine, I will not use force any longer to subdue the animals, or any kind of creature. Lagi was uncertain if he would find a way. But for no, he would continue on with El Drago’s request.

Lagi's Vault

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The beast rumbled approval at Lagi's decision. "Impressive. That is not a decision that can be made easily. Very well, I accept our partnership. It will begin once I return to you; first, I must hide this egg in a location it will be cared for. Tell me, where is it I should find you? I will return to you once I have completed the final tasks necessary for the continuation of my kind." El Drago seemed to be ready, awaiting only the words of the El Nagi before him.

Once he was told where he could meet Lagi back up at, El Drago would take the egg and fly off to the south. It wouldn't be until some time later that Lagi met back up with El Drago...

OOC:

Go ahead and post your exit post now, your Epic Quest is complete~

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Lagi had a bright smile; he finally achieved what none of his clan members before him could. Not from the original founder of course, Lagi reclaimed El Drago. “ I’ sure that your flight speed is much faster than mine, why don’t you go the el nagi village? It’s not too far from Reim I’m sure you’ll get a standing ovation with cheers. I’m pretty sure that my father would be surprised to see you as well. I'll meet you there..“ Lagi was genuinely happy, but he wasn’t too sure as to why. Maybe the fact of achieving something was beginning to settle in and touch his heart. “Anyway, I’m looking forward to working with you….partner.

[Exit]

Lagi's Vault

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum