You are not connected. Please login or register

In The Dark of The Night [Job/Solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Umbra

Umbra
D-Tier
D-Tier

The Purse Snatcher:

It was a dark and breezy night in Reim. Most were tired from their work and returning to their homes, ready to jump into a fantasy world of their own desires. Others were still raring to go; drinking the night away and enjoying the night life. Umbra was one of the few who rather enjoyed the night. It gave him perfect time to keep up his practicing.

Standing at the edge of a rooftop, his eyes gazed down over the city. It was his large playground now that most would be out of his way. He enjoyed the sensation of climbing and running across buildings: it was a lingering gesture of his time with his Master before he passed. Shaking the melancholy thoughts to the back of his mind, he locked onto his destination below him.

Taking a step back, he began to run forward and jumped. He closed his eyes as his body floated in the air for a small moment before gravity began to pull him. He extended his arms forward and grabbed onto the edge of an open window, shooting his eyes open. He swung his body from one window to the next; pulling himself up to the roof with swiftness. He continued forward; jumping over small chimney's that stuck out in odd places on top of buildings. Umbra suddenly turned and jumped across a large gap; barely holding onto the smooth edge. He released his fingers and dropped down into the alleyway, brushing off his chest and giving a sigh. While it wasn't the best he had done, he knew he would figure out better ways to manuever but it was a job well done for now.
[281/500]

Last edited by Umbra on 07/11/14, 05:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Umbra

Umbra
D-Tier
D-Tier

Umbra stepped out of the alleyway only to bump into someone. Their face was hidden underneath a simple cloak but their eyes met for a brief moment.
"Please! Someone stop that man!,"They both heard a woman cry. The male charged off, tucking in the bag close to him. Umbra turned his attention to the female's voice, raising a brow in curiosity.

The woman came to a stop just a few centimeters from him, panting as she caught her breath. Her hair brushed back behind her ear as she pointed at the male who was still visible in the dark streets.
"T-that man stole my belongings,"She shouted,"I tried to call for the guards but they wouldn't help me. Please, get it back for me. It's all I have since coming to live in this country." Umbra turned his head towards the man's back and nodded, pulling the hood up on his coat.
"Don't fret ma'am,"He said before running,"I'll return with your things with no problem."

The chase seemed almost endless. Wherever the thief would turn, Umbra would easily follow suit. He turned back every now and again only to see Umbra drawing closer and closer. The two turned round another corner only to find a wall in their way. The thief pressed themselves up against the wall and pulled out a dagger, dropping the belongings around him while glaring at Umbra.
"Y-you,"He shouted,"Don't you stop me! I need this stuff for my family!" Umbra looked at him and kept himself quiet. He stepped closer to the male, watching him shiver with what he thought was simple fear. Umbra stopped just before the blade touched at his waistcoat and kept his gaze on the thief's.
"I will find a way for you and your family to make end's meet,"He whispered as he placed a hand on his shoulder,"But for now..rest." He tightened his grip on his shoulder and striked quickly at his chest. He stepped back as the man's legs buckled under him and the grip on the dagger was released.

Ability Used:
[500+/500]

Umbra

Umbra
D-Tier
D-Tier

Gathering the woman's belongings, he hoisted them over his shoulder and made his way through the cuts and corners that the thief had lead him through. He turned his head around a few times before spotting her running towards him. He gently placed the things down between them and gave her a silent nod.
"Everything should be accounted for,"He announced to her. He extended his arm to her to present her belongings and then smiled.
"Just be sure to keep an extra eye out on your belongings,"He jokingly added. The woman smiled and gave a nod, picking up her belongings. She turned around to walk off and pointed her index finger upward as if she just remembered something.

Turning back to Umbra, she began to dig through her purse and pulled out a few Huang from it.
"Here,"She smiled,"For your service. It isn't much but.." Umbra raised a hand and accepted the few pieces of paper, tucking them away into his own purse.
"Thank you ma'am,"He spoke and bowed his head,"It's more than enough. And if you ever need any assistance, I'll find you." She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it and nodded.
"All right. Thank you again,"She whispered as she bowed. Umbra bowed his head in return before walking off. He turned his head every now and then to glance back at the girl, chuckling some. He turned his thoughts away from her as he found a suitable building to climb up and continue practicing, glad to have helped someone for a brief moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum