You are not connected. Please login or register

The Pieces Three [job/solo]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Pieces Three [job/solo] Empty The Pieces Three [job/solo] 02/10/14, 09:08 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Job Details:

Ari wandered into the kitchen of the farmhouse where Viri was bustling about, busy with more food than she could shake a stick at. There were vegetables and meat strewn cross the counters and table, pans littering the stove top and utensils as far as the eye could see. She did not want to interrupt the busy woman, but she figured the best place to start looking would be in her own proverbial back yard.

“Viri, do you have two seconds?”

“Miss Ari, of course. Here, chop this!”

Viri handed her a bag of potatoes and Ari obediently began chopping up the vegetables while inquiring about if Viri knew of any teachers that might be looking for work and explained about wanting the Grumptoes to get a decent base education while on the farm. Viri hummed in thought before wiping her hands on her apron and shuffling over to a drawer and pulling out some paper and a writing utensil directing Ari to keep chopping.

“I could handle some of the basic teaching, but I can make you a list of some teachers I knew back in Remano. Could you stir that one pot, Miss Ari?”

Ari nodded, moving over to stir the pot of delicious smelling stew, considering the woman’s offer. It would certainly be easier to have her get the basics set out for the kids before trying to advance their education. Once she stirred the stew, she moved back to chopping, moving on to the next bag of vegetables. It seemed the stew involved quite a few ingredients and she happily helped out while Viri scribbled out names on the sheet of paper.

She chatted with Viri about the basic things she was hoping to teach the kids, not just in a classroom type function but also around the farm and Viri nodded in agreement, putting in suggestions where she thought it was necessary. As Ari cut up some meat, Nilexa fluttered near her shoulder, hoping for a piece. She snuck the winged serpent a small bit before continuing her task. She added the meat to the bubbling stock on the stove and stirred the other pot, making sure it did not burn to the bottom of the pan.

Viri patted her back and nodded her to the onions while she went about seasoning the different pots and pans with various ingredients, not trusting the farm’s mistress with such a delicate task. This stew was headed for the town fair and it needed to be perfect, she was well known for it, after all. Ari obediently diced the onions, ignoring the sting in her eyes as she spoke about different aspects of Viri teaching the kids, such as where they would hold “class.” She wanted to give the children as much structure as possible but they were almost out of room until the old barn was fixed up. Viri swiped the cutting tray from her to dump the onions into the boiling mixture before finally holding up a small spoon of the stew. Ariella blew on it to cool it off before taking a bite.

“Oh my, this is amazing. What do you call it?”

“Why, Shutit Stew, of course!”

[533/500]

2The Pieces Three [job/solo] Empty Re: The Pieces Three [job/solo] 02/10/14, 09:37 pm

Ariella Negri

Ariella Negri
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Ariella rode the horse from her farm into Remano, knowing she would need to expand her search to find the other instructors Xenos, Azix she reminded herself for the fiftieth time, had requested for the Grumptoes. She had a fairly good idea of where to go to find a combat instructor. She stopped by the safe house for a moment to check on everything, finding it in order, and to let the horse rest. She would be able to get to the Coliseum on foot and the horse deserved a lengthy rest. She took a leisurely stroll towards the fighting arena, stopping off at a small shop on the way to place an order before continuing her trip. When she arrived at the Coliseum, she asked to speak to the manager of the arena before stating what it was she was looking for. The manager hummed for a moment before nodding.

“We have one of the instructors here, he is sick and getting older. Not really but out for training combatants for the Coliseum anymore. You find him some medicine, and I think I can talk him into your arrangement. He likes kids, volunteers at one of the orphanages a lot, so I do not seem him denying such a generous offer. Head to the apothecary three blocks down and ask for Bruno’s medicine. They might give you some trouble, though.”

Ari laughed and shrugged, waving away his concern. After time with Xenos, Azix, and the Grumptoes, she was much more confident in her ability to deal with any trouble. She headed to where he had pointed, entering a small building marked as the apothecary. The interior smelled like herbs and spices and she took in the medicinal scent with a scrunched nose. She walked to the roughshod counter and spoke to the man standing there.

“Yes, I am here to pick up Bruno’s medicine?”

“Bah, you leave and tell that hulking mass of stupid to come back himself and pay off his tab. Until then, no medicine!”

Ari arched a brow before asking, “And how much is his tab?”

“That muscle head owes me more than you have, pretty lady. Now you just get out of here unless you want something for yourself.”

Ari rolled her eyes at the man’s dismissal of her before reaching into the pocket of her cloak with one hand to grab money and shaking her wand into the other. She sat the bag of money on the counter before sticking her wand in the man’s face with a glare.

“Take whatever he owes you and not a bit more. And then give me his medicine. Or I will make you regret your assumption that I am harmless, old man!”

The elderly man opened the bag with shaking fingers, his face filled with fear, taking out a few coins before shutting the bag again. Once he had put the money away, he went to grab a bottle of medicine, never turning away from Ari, fearing she would harm him. He sat the bottle of medicine on the table before holding up his hands like he was surrendering. Ari opened the bag again, taking out a few more coins and tossing them on the counter for his trouble before putting the rest away and snagging up the bottle.

“Pleasure doing business with you!”

She left the frightened man and the smelly building before heading back to the Coliseum, where the manager led her to the Barracks. In one of the rooms, he introduced her to a massive hulk of a man, littered with scars and bruises. He was coughing harshly and she frowned in worry and held out the bottle of medicine, introducing herself.

“Hey, my name is Ariella. I assume the manager has filled you in on my offer?”

The hulking mass of muscle and scars nodded, the man’s size frightening and intimidating until he smiled. When he smiled, everything about him seemed to soften and his eyes shone with happiness.

“Indeed he did. Said you wanted me to teach a bunch of kids some self-defense?”

Ari nodded and the man took a drink from the medicine bottle, coughing again before it calmed down. He held out his hand.

“My name is Bruno and I would be happy to do that for you. Gettin’ too old to fight for real anymore and I love children. And this ain’t some secret fighting ring, right?”

His stern face made her shake her head hurriedly.

“No, sir. The kids are from the slums, we want them to be able to defend against predators and bullies. That is all, I swear on my grandmother’s grave.”

Bruno nodded, understanding her concern for the kids. He often found himself wandering the streets of the slums, scaring off scum and buying the kids candy. And the woman was offering a roof over his head and pretty good pay, all things considered. He would have done it for free, but if she was going to pay, he would not argue. It would just be more he could donate to the orphanage.

“Then you have yourself a deal, Miss Ariella. When do I start?”

[860/500]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum