You are not connected. Please login or register

Arrival of the Exiled[Private]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arrival of the Exiled[Private] Empty Arrival of the Exiled[Private] 06/07/14, 02:28 am

Raizel

Raizel
β-Tier
β-Tier

Everything was still blur to Raizel. The only thing he remembered was seeing his dad self-destruct to protect him from those "bandits". "They couldn't be bandits. They're too organized. Plus, they weren't aiming for the goods in our caravan. All they were aiming for was.....dad." Raizel slammed his fist on the bed, as he started crying. His pride and ego was what made him weak. He became conceited, and that cost his dad's life. It was his fault his father died. He was too weak, yet he acted proud. Raizel couldn't forgive himself for that. He knows that he is weak, and he hopes to change that. Raizel wants to punish himself. He knows that he needs to, otherwise he wouldn't learn his lesson. He needs to be punished by something that is equal to this incident. He needs to lose something important to him. He needs to......Raizel stopped. Something caught his attention. It was his dagger, the dagger that used to belong to his father.

Raizel stood up and picked the dagger up. He immediately began stripping off from his hospital robes and started putting on his clothes. As he was changing, his caretaker opened the door. Seeing his act, the caretaker dropped his equipments(those that he will be using to clean Rai's Wounds) and said, "You cannot leave the house yet, Rai! Your wounds have yet to heal! Plus-" Raizel ignored the man's words and left the room, heading towards the front door. It's true, his wounds have yet to heal. They were still hurting, and Raizel was still weak. However, this is nothing compared to what happened to his family.

Last edited by Raizel on 06/07/14, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raizel

Raizel
β-Tier
β-Tier

Raizel continued walking on the streets. He took his time walking, since this would be the last time he would be here. As he walked through the streets that he is so familiar with, he recalled the precious memories he had here in the city he grew up in. "This is for the best.", he thought, as he approached the office of the Royal Guards. As he entered the door, he was greeted with the surprise of the secretary. "Raizel! You shouldn't be here! Didn't we warned you that-" Raizel ignored her too, and walked straight across the hallway, and finally, he stopped as he reached the end of the hallway, where the leader's office was. Taking a deep breath, he then pushed the door open, and said, "Sir, I've decided to resign from my post of Royal Guard. If I can't even protect my own family, how can I protect the city? Also, I will now exile myself from Balbadd until I think I'm strong enough. I will only return once I think I'm worthy to protect this city-my city." Finishing the sentence, he turned around and walked out of the room. Before he could exit the building, he heard a shout, "Raizel! We, the Royal Guards, will await your return!" When he turned back, he could see the chief of the Royal Guards saluting him. He gave off a grin, and exited the building, shedding his tears. He never thought leaving village was this tough.

He then headed to his home and started packing. He tried to pack the bare minimum, since he will be out there wandering, so he could stop around, do some jobs for cash, and buy the necessary things. He knew he not only need training, but he needs experience; real-life experience, not simulated battles. He needed to face the real world, where people fight with murderous intends and not for something as petty as pride or fame.

Last edited by Raizel on 06/07/14, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raizel

Raizel
β-Tier
β-Tier

After he was done packing his stuff, he picked it up, and headed for the city gates. All he packed was some changes of clothes, water, some food, and with toiletries. He also took along a sleeping bag, and he strapped his dagger onto his belt. He felt ready, and was determined to improve. As he reached the city gates, he turned around, and took a long look around the village, before quietly saying goodbye. He exiled himself until he was strong enough to return. This task could take a long time, and maybe he would even fail to achieve it. No matter what, he is determined to improve, to be able to protect those he care for and become a stronger, and skilled in sword styles.

As he walked through the wilderness, he started contemplating about his life. He realized he has been improving the most when he wasn't proud; He improved most when he had the desire to become better and strong. He wanted to regain that spirit and personality as fast as possible, since It will help him improve as fast as he did last time. As he was walking while thinking about his attitude, he was interrupted by the sound of growling. As he looked towards the direction of the sound, he could see a huge wolf approaching him cautiously with eyes of hatred and anger.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Raizel

Raizel
β-Tier
β-Tier

Dropping his stuff, he unsheathed his dagger and held it in front of his face, with his other hand behind him. This was a stance that Rai like, since it allows him to quickly attack and defend, and even counter attacks easily. As he closely observed the wolf, the wolf suddenly pounced towards him. Calmly, he backstepped, dodging the wolf's attack smoothly. Without sparing a second, he striked his dagger forward, hurting the wolf before backing off once again, recovering his posture. This was a strategy that Raizel have been using for a long time; wait for the opponent to attack, and strike before they can recover from the attacks they throw. This time, the wolf pounced forward again. Smiling, Raizel back-stepped once again and prepared to stab forward. However, the wolf did the same thing as him; back stepping and then pouncing towards him. This caught him off guard, and he suffered some scars on his hand. Pulling his hand back while jumping further behind, his face changed. "I need to stop acting proud or cocky. I underestimated it, and I suffered these scars. I really need to stop underestimating people." thought Raizel.

Raizel closed him eyes for a second, and took a deep breathe to calm himself. When he opened his eyes, he could see the wolf pouncing once again to him. This time, instead of back-stepping, he dash forward and stab forward. He managed to dodge the wolf's claws, and stab it cleanly in the heart. As he pulled his dagger out, he wiped it clean, and remembered that he should never, ever, underestimate anyone, or anything. As he stared at his wound, he decided not to put any painkiller on it. It was to serve as a reminder to never, ever, ever underestimate his opponent.

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Raizel

Raizel
β-Tier
β-Tier

After days sailing and travelling, Raizel finally reached his destination, the Desert of Forgotten Souls. During this period of time, he started reflecting on his past self. He realized that to improve in strength, he needs to improve his physical ability. And what's a better way to train than in the hot sun? This will train not only his endurance, but his determination. He has prepared his training course. He will go for a jog every day in the desert. This will train his tolerance against unfavorable conditions and also train his strength, since jogging in the sand is hard. Of course, he will be training with leg weights. As he has learnt from his fight with the wolf, sticking to a single type of sword style isn't good. He needs to be able to adapt to all situations. Therefore, he will be taking lessons in Heliohapt to learn their swordstyles too.

As he entered the city of Heliohapt after an exhausting and hot walk through the desert, he met someone he used to know; well, more like his father used to know. This man was called Zenkichi, his father's schoolmate. After hearing his father's accident and Raizel's current goal, he agreed to train Raizel up in the sword art of Heliohapt. "Under one condition. You learn and work, my way." Knowing Zenkichi, Raizel knew that he would be trained in an army style; a style of teaching that involves physical bearing and strict discipline. "Well, at least this will change my obnoxious attitude, hopefully."

Wordcount : 1365 words

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum