You are not connected. Please login or register

(Mission) Reliving the Glory Days... Of Someone Else

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zachariah

Zachariah
C-Tier
C-Tier

Heliohapt, the city of gold in the Desert of Forgotten Souls. It was night time, the dark sky contrasted the golden buildings which gleamed still in the moonlight. It was a land of many questions, but more so, it was a land which held answers. Especially in a particular pub,

Zachariah was lost in the streets, cold and alone, however, there was always a place which accepted a person such as himself. The pub known as 'The Red Dragon' always let him sit inside for the warmth until it was closing time. He could never afford a drink, but he kept the bartender company during the non-busy times, and thusly Zachariah was a welcome guest more than a customer. Today was a little bit special though, when Zachariah showed up at his usual time, there was a particularly loud individual spouting off ramblings of his glory days.

This man looked hardened, and was no younger than 45 being generous. "Oh hey Zach, this guy's been here since we openned and hasn't shut up. I've asked him to leave repeatedly because he's over the drink limit and annoying the customers. Do you think you could do me a favor and go find some town guards for me? I'll give you some coin if you just get him out of here," the bartender would shout over the man to Zach. Zachariah would blink for a moment and speak up, "Um. Sure thing Jonah." The soldier would finally shut up for a second as he turned around to look at the memory-less man and pointed a finger, "I remember you!"

Without even thinking it over, Jonah threw Zach under the bus and said, "Good, good, that means he can take you home and you can talk to him about stuff." With that, the soldier would sigh and drunkenly stand up wobbling a bit. Zachariah would walk over to him and give him help with walking, putting the soldier's arm over his shoulders and walking him out. "Where do you live?" the memory-less man would ask.The old soldier would speak up, "T'is unimportant, what's important is what are you doing here?"

Zachariah would look over at him with confusion in his eyes, distressed. The soldier shook his head, "They must've got ya good then. I'll let you in on a secret then. You lived here at one point. We were like two peas in a pod, you and I. Gladiators. Great ones. You were the most bloodthirsty one there, I envied ye." Zachariah would suddenly get a headache and shook his head, "I think you must be mistaking me for somebody else. I have no recollection of you or any gladiatorial bouts in my past." "Ah, but tis true! You were a champion! Ain't nobody in all the land look like you I reckon!" The man would continue to blabber on and on for an hour of walking in a random direction. Suddenly the man would stop when he heard someone speaking nearby. "You! I remember you!" he would say uproariously as he pointed at a random person. With that, Zach was left without any clue what was going on. He would huff and walk back to the bar, "Crazy old man..."

Word Count: 541
Complete

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum