You are not connected. Please login or register

Thunder in the Arena [SUMO FINAL]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

It was a peaceful afternoon in Hakyu, with only blue skies above, and the cherry trees swayed in the breeze. All was quiet in the Kinan capital, where vendors and customers had taken a break from the hustle-and-bustle of business. But why would the Hinamoto merchants have done this? Well, the answer was all the way outside Hakyu on the slopes of Mount Raiji. Cheers and fireworks echoed around the mountainsides from a temporary arena, where it seemed half of Kina had gathered to watch a very special event. And at its centre was Hinamoto Akihiko:

“Now before we begin, as referee to the final of this Yuo-mo season, let me recount the history of this sport which we so fondly love today! What you know as sumo-wrestling came into being over two thousand years ago when those two kami clashed in a tumultuous battle over Kina! Yes, yes, I’m talking about the legend of how Takeminakata met his rival Takemikazuchi on the slopes of Mount Raiji to keep him away from the Ame-no-Mihashira. Takeminakata bested Takemikazuchi, and thus his Nakatagara followers - now known as the Kannagara - would spread the art of sumo-wrestling across Kina in his name. Once upon a time, the High Priest would even referee the Yuo-mo matches, but my ancestor Hinamoto Ryuzoji would institute the ballot by which you all so generously voted for yours truly.”

“Now then, enough about the past, eh? We’re here today to see who will be the future champion of sumo-wrestling. So without further ado, why don’t you introduce our contenders, mister Jokugan!” He gestured towards a gaudy-looking fellow dressed in the garb of a Kannagara priest, but evidently a government official who had just been dressed as one for the event, “Of course, milord!”

“On the left will be the underdog Shou from the Kaida stable! Rumour is that her ladyship Hinamoto Manami has staked her claim on Shou’s victory. Now why ever could that be? But rumours aside, this newcomer to the sumo world has been taking the wrestling world by storm!”  

“But can he beat…” As he began to speak, a massive leg burst out of the right-side tent, followed by a torso painted with colourful tattoos, “Oh, gosh, well, it seems here’s the reigning champion!”  

“RAIDEN KENSHIN!”

Raiden Kenshin:

As an ear-splitting roar erupted from the audience, the once-rival to Kenshin, Terao, slipped into the left-side tent where Shou and Silva’s team stood, “You hear that? That’s how popular Kenshin is, and he earned that all from his victories. Are you sure you can stand up to someone like that, boy? Heh, I don’t mean to scare you. But, if you think you can beat him, then step outside this tent. Once you do, however, there will be no turning back.”

“There will be only victory - or absolute defeat.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The sounds of cheering were thunderous, even inside the tent of the Kaida stable. Silva, the teacher was with his two students, El the living mountain and Shou, the current contender against Raiden.

Shou was currently pale as a sheet and having a cold sweat. This was a moment that he had always dreamed of sense a kid but he gave up on that dream ages ago and yet here he was. He was nervous and scared, he was not sure he could do this. What if he failed and froze in front of his wife and kids that were out there waiting to watch him spar.

Silva would slap the man across the face, grinning before crouching down to look him in the eyes "Look alive Shou! Nerves are a good thing to have! They keep you humbled and away from the control of arrogance. But do not let it swallow you kid! Sure you are older than most fighters but you got the same spirit! You have made it this far and can surpass even. SO go out there and do your best! Remember that the sumo dies only when they hit the ground."

Surprisingly enough, this would shake Shou from his rattled state. He would rise up and leave the tent without saying a word to his master or his second. His corner would follow him as the middle aged sumo entered the stage.

He would perform the ritual of sumo, purifying the ring with salt and even stomping a few times for the audience. Confidence was clear in his eyes as he grins almost provokingly at his opponent.
NPC:

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

As soon as Shou entered the ring, Kenshin would greet him with a menacing smile, “So you’re the rising superstar, eh? I wonder how long you’’l fare against me…” He quickly covered his mouth, shaking his head in embarrassment, “Sorry for that! I swear I didn’t mean to make that sound so suspicious.” Sighing as he tossed out some salt as well, Kenshin tried to twist his smile into something accommodating, but it kept reverting back to that menacing look, “You know, it might be good for the ring, but it really hurts my love-life to have such a scary voice and face.”

“I hope it won’t stop us from having a good time, huh?”

As his student stepped into the ring, Silva would be waved towards the central box where Akihiko sat, “If it isn’t Silva! Come, come, join me!” Beckoning him through the tightly-packed crowd, Akihiko gestured that Silva should take the seat next to him, allowing El to stand behind them, but Silva would notice that Terao had discreetly left their side earlier, “I hear great things about you from my mother! She tells me that you found that old Yamato armour, huh? Impressive to say the least! Wear that with pride, eh? Consider it an advanced wedding gift from the Hinamoto clan. Oh, we haven’t discussed engagement or anything yet, have we?”

“How about this: If your man beats mine, I’ll give you my blessing in asking my mother’s hand, yeah?” With a wicked look in his eyes, Akihiko would smile at Kenshin and watch him salute back, “Oh, forgot to tell you, I’m the stable owner for Kenshin. Well, technically, this lass is the owner,” He would gesture to a familiar fox-eared member of the Dakiniten, who he had met at Manami’s party, “But all decisions come through me, you know? So why don’t we call a spade a spade, and say I’m the owner.”

“So you up for the bet?”

The match itself will begin next post. To clarify the rules, there will be no outside interference and no magic tools, simply abilities and basic actions. Priority will be given to clever and realistic manoeuvres you write (even if basic actions). Kenshin will have two A Tier traits, three B Tier abilities and two A Tier abilities, which will be revealed as he uses them.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The aged magician would smile as the head of the Hinamoto clan invited him, a chair next to the man. He would take the seat and laugh along with the young man. "I admire the idea but we have not even courted officially yet, I have only talked to her a few times so far. But i will take up the bet of yours. Pray tell, what do you get if you win? It is not interesting if only one side has something at stake." He would say before sitting back eager to watch his student perform. "Win or lose, Shou will walk away with something positive from this"

Shou would chuckle as this man was failing at putting on a friendly face. "I understand that too well good sir! I have this plump soft face so no one sees me as intimidating or the like. I am just a teddy bear to most. THough it is how i found my wife"

He enjoyed this light talk but knew that moments from now they would be enemies for several seconds or even minutes. "May the gods find joy in our bout as warriors me friend!"

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Silva was met with Ahihiko’s smile, “If I win, I get you.” His smile was wicked, more than seemed necessary for a playful gamble, “You see, I did a little digging on you, Kaida, and I realised why I recognised your family name. You got a brother, name was Genos, right? Well, he used to work for the Aomori organisation here before the Hinamoto disbanded them. And it just so happened that Yukari here,” At this, the fox-eared Dakiniten waved at Silva with a devious smile, “She was in charge of handling his transfer to Kou, and managed to retrieve the files on his interrogation.”

“You see, it seems he told us that you were quite the assassin!”

-----

As they talked, Kenshin’s smile grew bigger and he slapped his thigh at Shou’s jokes, “Married already, eh? You’re leading the ideal life, aren’t you? Why don’t you give me tips on finding my own, huh?” Soon enough, the gong would ring loud and brassy, signalling the start of their match, “After I’ve beaten you!” Before the gong could even be muffled, Kenshin launched himself at Shou with I AM THE GREATEST UNDER THE HEAVENS, dipping his head to waist-height and attempting to grapple Shou’s torso.

Amidst the kerfuffle, Shou and Silva would hear the officiating official, mister Jokugan, reiterate the rules of sumo to the captive audience, “A good start from Raiden! Remember that, while thrusting with an open hand is all good, punching is prohibited nor are slaps arcing wider than waist-width! Kicking is also prohibited, but not tripping or sweeping the legs! No hair-pulling, choking, gouging, grabbing the groin or pulling down the waistband! We don't want to see Raiden that much! Well, some of us don't...”

Shou has two win / lose conditions: Push the opponent out of the sumo ring, which is 4.5 metres in diameter, or have them touch the ground with any body part other than the soles of the feet. Raiden and Shou have started 2 metres from the edge (Raiden eastwards and Shou westwards), with 0.5 metres from each other. Raiden has thus started by trying to charge at Shou and carry him 1 metre towards the west side.

Raiden Kenshin:

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

For the first time in ages the cheerful demeanor of Silva faltered. His body would twitch ever so slightly but the muse would grab his chest suddenly. To the untrained eye he was possible experiencing some heart problems. But this was something much more malicious. For a brief moment he has the urge to kill the man before him, the man he saw like a son, or wanted to one day. The mention of his twin had brought back something that he had tried to bury deep within himself.

He would bow his head "I am sorry my lord, that was more of an involuntary action of a former self. I have never gotten along well with him and haven't even known what he had done with most his life. As for your bet. You should know that I have put that life behind me. I do not even kill anymore. But if you see that as equal to getting your blessing than I have no choice but to accept." This was starting to take a dangerous turn. To be honest, Silva was not even sure Shou could win this. He had faith in his student but also knew he was still inexperienced and nervous.

If Raiden was a charging shield then Shou would become a hurting spear. With One day I will be the Yokozuna, he pushing with his thick legs and thrusts out his arms out at the chest of the charging sumo to resist the push but to also push him back. the match has officially begun!
Shou:

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

As he caught sight of Silva’s eyes, Akihiko smile became wild and lopsided, “Seems that the past can never really be let go, can it?” He began to resemble the statues of the Seven Lucky Gods placed around the arena, serene save their savage smiles, “Even if you don’t kill anymore, that attitude of yours will never disappear. I can see that killer intent plain as day, you know? But I don’t want you to kill - or rather, I don’t need you to. See, your killer intent is what makes you valuable. It’s given you the drive to see everything you do to the end. That’s what I want.” He looked crazed, even the Dakiniten would admit that, but his words were smooth and persuasive, “I want you by my side.”

This was truly the man called, ‘He Who Alone Is Loved By The Heavens’.

Kenshin rushed straight into One Day I’ll Be Yokozuna, suffering reduced B Tier damage due to his Champion’s Training. As they locked arms, however, Kenshin grabbed Shou’s left arm with I HAVE THE RING AROUND MY FINGER, rooting his legs to prevent either of them from moving backwards. Hoping to pull Shou towards the ground, Kenshin would roar in pre-emptive victory.

Shou and Kenshin have locked arms two metres from the east edge / three metres from the west edge of the ring. Shou has used ‘One Day I’ll Be Yokozuna’ to prevent Kenshin from grappling him with ‘I AM THE GREATEST UNDER THE HEAVENS’. Kenshin was pushed backwards one metre, but stopped himself with ‘I HAVE THE RING AROUND MY FINGER’. He is also trying to catch Shou’s outstretched left arm from ‘One Day I’ll Be Yokozuna’ using ‘I HAVE THE RING AROUND MY FINGER’ and pull him downwards.

Raiden Kenshin:

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The old man would start laughing after the emperor's words. "If what you wanted was me by your side and to serve you that was all you needed to say my majesty! As long as it is not as an assassin officially i will be glad to serve you and Kina. I know that the promise of not needing to kill is one that can never truly be kept and one day i may need to take a life but that will not prevent me from helping you. We can ignore the notion of a bet and i will just become a member of your service if you so please. All that i ask is that you support me and those associated." He would reply returning the man's grin. To Silva, Akihito was wanting him in his service as a servant, soldier or something of the like and he saw no reason to turn that offer down. He knew it would not be that pretty or anything but he would not decline such an offer, rather taking it willingly then through a bet.

SHou would start to panic and lose his footing at the Yokozuna tries to pull him down. He was not going to be able to get out of this in time but he could take the man down with him. Better to hit the ground at the same time rather than himself first.

Sumo Strike would lash out at the man's chest near the arm holding his to weaken the amount of force that he is pulling down SHou. Then he would Get Down! using his free arm to grasp his free arm, attempting to pull the mountainous man the opposite direction he was falling. The plan was for them to both touch the ground first resulting in a draw.

shou:

Player Proxy

Player Proxy
D-Tier
D-Tier

Thematic Music:

His smile would falter slightly, hearing Silva answer him so plainly, before Akihiko replaced it with a playful grin, “And there you go, answering me like that!” He began to chuckle warmly, leaving any trace of the Lucky Gods behind, “You do know I was trynna scare you, right? I mean, damn, you didn’t even blink! Shit, how can't I like you. I mean, I liked you all the way from the start. But you've exceeded all my expectations! From the armour to here with this sumo, you've just been impossible to predict. And i love that! Heh, in that sense you and my mother are really a match made in heaven - or hell.” He would pat Silva on the back, smiles all around, “But it seems like this match didn’t go as smoothly, huh?”

Pointing towards Shou, Silva would see him and Kenshin fall towards the salt-covered ring. Having hurt Kenshin’s arm with Sumo Strike, Shou had manoeuvred himself into prime position for Get Down!. Keeping his arm in action with his Divine Body, however, Kenshin would bring Shou down with him, spraying salt around their feet, as…

“By the kami, it’s a tie!”

Shou and Kenshin fell down onto the ring at the same time, hands touching the ground inches from each other. After staring at Shou for a few seconds, half in shock and half in amazement, Kenshin would begin to laugh raucously, “Damn, I don’t know anyone who’d purposefully go for a draw!” As the crowd erupted into cheers after a stunned silence, Kenshin would offer a hand to Shou, heaving him up onto his feet, “You really can’t judge a book by its cover, huh? That was the most ballsy move I’ve seen from anyone in my thirty-odd years in the ring. And, not just that, you managed to pull it off perfectly!” As mister Jokugan raised their arms, showing off the wrestlers to the excited crowds, Kenshin would begin to address them as much as Shou, “Of course, because it was a draw, that means there was no winner!” His words would quieten the spectators into an uneasy silence, wondering what that meant, “As our champion has said, this tie means that there is no winner! Kenshin remains the yokozuna but, due to his standings in this tournament, Shou becomes the new ozeki!”

Kenshin would grip Shou’s arm in friendly rivalry, “I look forward to our next match, ozeki!”

As they watched the match end, Akihiko’s chuckle would become a full-blown laugh, “Well, well, well!” He winked at Silva, gripping his arm much as Kenshin had with Shou, “What happens to our bet with a draw? Guess I can’t give you my blessing now, huh? Hah, just kidding! How could I not let you marry my dear mother? I mean, you’re practically made for each other. At this remark, he would begin to sit up straighter in his seat, looking Silva in the eye, “But if you do marry my mother, you must accept your place within the Hinamoto clan. You must promise to look after not just my mother, but the entire land of Kina which she has created. Will you devote yourself to Kina and raise up its people, much as you have done with Shou and your students?”

As he spoke these words, Silva would notice a small bird of rukh perch upon Akihiko’s shoulder. With every word from Akihiko, Silva would hear another spoken inside his mind, “I am born from the tempestuous Djinn, Haage. Do you wish to devote yourself to our King? Do you devote yourself to Akihiko; to guide him and his country with sobriety and wisdom?”

“Do you accept this?”

You have been contacted by a household spirit of Haage; you may refuse or accept at your own discretion. Even if refused, please note that opportunities to contract with Akihiko may occur again in the future, should you reconsider.

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

The muse of gold would watch as Aki reacted to his sort of proclamation and would smile. This was a better reaction than he had expected. "Oh i have fears for sure but you seemed much more like a ruler to me which i am more used to than monsters. I would not mind being your spear if your bet is true." He would turn back and see the outcome of the match. He knew this was going to be a bit of a blow to Shou but he was happy to see the man go for such an outcome. "On the contrary my lord. I would say it turned out just swell. Sometimes a draw can do more good than a clear victory. This will most likely prove to be a good lesson for both of our wrestlers. You can look at them now and there are no hard feelings or anything, in fact Kenshin seems to find this outcome amusing."

Shou would grin as they both hit the ground. He took his opponents hand as the man helped him up "that was some joyous fun sir Kenshin! I saw no other way to avoid hitting the ground! You are truly the Yokozuna for a reason. It was all i could do to bring you down. Best to make sure there is no clear winner if i cannot win. If we view our role as an entertainer then the next match between us will be even grander. Plus women like it when men have flaws, even minor ones. Flawless records are only for fame chasers who want your money. Now go talk to the girl" He replied before pushing him towards the direction of his affection, catching the earlier glimpses.

Silva would smile at the man before kneeling before him, looking up at the king. "Funny enough that has always been my plan here my lord. But i will make the promise regardless. I will be the guardian of Kina, protecting it from threats inside and out. I will be the farmer that makes sure to nurture and watch over the growing fruits of this land as i have done with my students. I devote myself not only to this nation that has adopted me but also to you, my lord that has taken an interest in me. I will follow and guide to the best of my capabilities while watching you grow as well." He did not need to think for this. He had already accepted Kina as his land and now Kina was accepting him as theirs. He was willing to be Aki's blade or shield, be his pawn

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum