You are not connected. Please login or register

The Day of White Flames, The Conversion of Magnostadt.

+3
Noir Ecryola
Gilles
Solomon's Proxy
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Fire and death, it was the constant running theme of the battlefield, and as time continued it seemed clear that this was not only true for the people the cultists decided to terrorize but also the cultists themselves. First came about the professor himself as Adon fell to the attacks that were coming his way. In his eyes, Shlomo looked to see his ally falling to the onslaught coming before him, and in a way, he knew his fate was coming soon enough.

"YES, AND BY STRIKING ME DOWN HERE ALL YOU DO IS SPREAD THE FIRE-" His words were cut off as he was caught by both of the attacks. His body was being rent asunder from the slashes that were being sent into him. However, he couldn't help but use the rest of his life to share his thoughts. "Even when a fire is put out the burn still remains and the ashes will never truly be gone!"

As he started to die he suddenly poured all his magoi into his staff to summon a giant lightning bolt into his defenseless body, cremating everything but his bones to try and steal the satisfaction of his death away from them. However, he was dead before his spell had hit him. His spite proved to be a powerful example, it was pointless and nothing but a curse of his pride. The fire around them would soon be representative of the situation, the magician's ally using a large portion of her life to produce as much water as she could to put out the fires around them.

Even if the rest of the city around them burned with an inane fervor they could be content knowing that their efforts inside the academy were providing some sort of relief for those around them, they had slayed two of the cultists and were starting to make enough headway for the students to be able to evacuate safely. The heat from the fire and steam mixing with the smell of ash and smoke only added to the intensity of it all as it sought to overwhelm them.

“Huh, I asked you a question, didn’t I?” Elijah stared bored at Lukxiel like a spider seated on its lace-like web, “Don’t you understand, if someone asks you a question like that, you answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’. Don’t give me all that backstory about you not being able to be affected! C’mon, I mean, are you stupid or something? Of course, it will affect you!” Licking his lips slightly, Elijah began to laugh, “You think you’re the first experiment we're gonna be testing with this, huh? God, you’re stupid if you do! I mean, we made all you misfits, so it’s no surprise we’ve tested everything we have on you lot as well. Doesn’t matter if you’ve fused yourself with a magic item or not either.” Taking one hand out of his coat, revealing inhumanly black veins, Elijah would raise his wand, “Cos we made them too!”

As soon as he raised, his wand, Elijah spoke the words, Maximum Trauma!, and Lukxiel would feel his skin begin to bristle as a wall of Strength magic fell down towards him. Elijah would simply stare at him, wondering if Lukxiel would be enough entertainment, before casting Create Disaster! as eight translucent clouds blocked the corridor twenty-five metres away from himself.

“Scrubs like you should just accept all the help they can get in becoming stronger, you know?”

Soldiers were heading into the city now, with the Uriens family representative doing her best to spread the fires to the outside while bringing their forces. It seemed that every point of the city had been fully under siege from both the inside and out. No matter where one found themselves there was more and more for them to deal with. Even if they could stop one thing it didn't stop another from popping up and causing issue for the rest of them.

They couldn't know that the previous Chancellor that they sought to replace before this all was now on his way up to bring his proper service as a leader to them all, he would be there soon enough to finish his job. This city had been his life and he wouldn't let the city go until he let go of his own life. The city itself would even begin to shake from underneath, a deep and unsettling roar that could be felt throughout every single alley and street. They were burning his home and taking it all away from him, no, they wouldn't take it from him again he had proved that before and he would prove it again.

A single, simple spell would be cast to all the cultists. A message from the disgraced chancellor, the last and only warning of Ephraim. "All those who burn my city have one chance to put down their weapons and accept a merciful judgment, all others shall be met with complete and utter disregard for their existence."

"HYMN!" Emil would roar roar trying to act quickly in turn from the attack that the burning women had brought forth. Her attacks were ferocious. He could barely keep himself safe as he tries and use his flight to flee back but he is barely able to protect himself as he tries to cast Mercury: Racing cage. He needed to get this crazed woman away so he could, but the magician winced as the flames managed to break through his defenses, the slashes eating through the borg leaving himself defenseless.  It was time for this fight to start kicking into the next gear, he had done well in being a well-versed mage, but now that the Pale Woman had left him open, the seasoned mage was going to become more dangerous, more chaotic in the organization of his planets.

Gilles had fate tugging on her strings in two different directions. The first was the force that pushed with opposing might. Emille had his hatred for this woman, his love for his nation but it only meant so much in the face of a threat so new and unexpected to Magnostadt. They had done well to recover from the attack of the dead, but the Academy only had so much. What they did have, that bolstered their might, was the ferocity of a man scorned. Absalom, radiated with an aura of life, flying through the cloud he would appear next to the professor. His eyes filled with passion, radiating with the raw force of life itself. Something had changed about the man, he was stronger, and he was better trained. He had learned how to be more than just a man who snapped at people with angry vines.

"Your days are numbered burnt witch, I shall make your dying flesh reborn to the point of endless agony..." The magician would speak so coldly. He knew his brother was among her forces. The rukh told him he was lurking, flickering within the flames, but first, he had to take care of the woman who corrupted him. It was not the only force she would feel.

The armies of Sasan marched behind, pushing through with a heavy march of their iconic blue steel. Their lances aimed high as men and women with tower shields would form a solid line of defense. Behind them, sat a man clad in dark swirling iron and steel. While their face was hidden, all that had met the imposing figure could feel the power of the king of Sasan himself. While his closest had protected home, he would bring this army to bring a new colony into the arms of Sasan.

Combat notes: Hymn used to tank attacks but it and Borg would break initiating next stage of combat. Before new moves list Emille uses Racing Cage to try and push Gilles back. Sasan army joining the fray next post to assist Gilles and Abasalom will be helping Emille with Gilles.

Notes:

Elijah:
[/quote]

Thread Fire Mechanic:

Shlomo:

Sarai:

Asher's Staff:

Spoiler:

Lukxiel

Lukxiel
β-Tier
β-Tier

T. Lukxiel

"In The Dark Time...the eyes begin to see...
I Meet My SHADOW
"

General Info

Name:Lukxiel, Axca

Link to Approved Character: Lukxiel
Character Vault: Lukx Vault

Lukxiel right hand would finally gripped his War-Axe. Turning it vertically to his right leg, hiding it behind it. Taking  his Second attempt to open the door as Elijah spoke ,  pushing the handle with his left hand. The boy  with his face turned staring at Elijah,  hid  a good deal of concern about  whether he was a  researcher, or professor. His brain knew hadn’t the information right now, but long ranting men couldn't be trusted for sure.

so Watching as he revealed his arms from his sleeves. Lukxiel couldn’t believe that a man would  experiment on themself(his father did… ). He start to be overcome with angst, and sickened by the fact, but he accepted, because he isn’t afraid to do what must be done, or…   “A  testament to journey will once again show you advisers who have been through painful times “ He would think of what his father wouldn’t like to say during times like dis... but his feeling to wanting to break in was deeper than becoming a experiment… so As Elijah waved his wand. Lukxiel, in response started pouring magoi into Helm, Activating The Lady’s Blessings. Conjuring  a pool of controllable dark and holy murky water, 20 meters in diameter.  He would condense the pool of murky water into a 10 meters high dome to cover himself , and reducing  it to 10 meters in diameter  as well, protruding A-tier spikes from the outside of it to covering himself, and the Chancellor’s Door from attacks of high caliber.

Notes:

Pool Info:

Equipment Info:

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Noir watched as Shlomo got close to dying from all the attacks sent towards him. She braced herself for Shlomo's last resort, but his body gave in before he was able to finish what he intended to do and with that, the area was safe from the enemies... for now.

But instead of celebrating, Noir's eyes shifted towards Baba and she slowly walked towards her charred corpse. Haku tried to console Noir by sitting beside her quietly, also feeling the loss of a good comrade, especially when the lifeless girl had been taking good care of him.

The magician didn't say anything, she just pulled Baba's body close to her, as if she was trying to feel if there was any soul left in the body. Noir wondered if it was worth it to defend Magnostadt after all... She did her best for the country but after the battle with the Lapis Judge, everything started to fall apart, and now... Baba died before she could accomplish her goal.

Shousui who returned to the area where Noir and the others were, would quickly use wind spells to remove the steam so she could find her comrades. However, no words came from her lips as well the moment she saw how Noir hugged Baba. With a knitted eyebrow, she reached her hand to pat Noir's back, knowing how hurt it would be to lose a comrade.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

The High Priestess would continue to push through as she managed to chip away at the solid defenses of the planetary magician. The Pale Lady was surprised by the quality of these magicians that had been facing her. SHe knew magicians were a powerful race but these definitely stood above the rest. Adon was on their level as well but she managed to make him one of hers. Then there was the muscular magician who managed to survive their battle and now Emile the astronomer.

Gilles would use her Tears of Inferno skin to deal with the attack meant to block her in and would be surprised to see a familiar face. "Absalom! You have decided to finally appear!" She was ecstatic to see this magician here. He had fled her clutches with a vow to grow stronger and get his revenge with the help of fate on his side. Of course unbeknownst to Absalom, Gilles had used her own people and resources to help him become stronger in any way possible. He was the one she made to be the hero of this story. Not these others and not the useless Ephraim. Absalom would be the one to shine brightest today. THis she made sure of.

SHe heard the proclamation from the chancellor but would ignore them. They were the ravings of a dying man. Her focus was on Absalom. "Yes it makes sense that you would be here lord of vegetation. I had built this stage for you, created a light for you to see. And here you come little moth. Here you have come to this flame of mine! The stage is set and you have worked hard little moth! Come and collect your reward! Defeat the evil witch and earn the love of Magnostadt! Foster that hatred for goi and make Magno a place of hatred. Infect it with what i have infected you. This madness that now runs deep in this country festers because of me. Even you have this madness now! Be the catalyst that plunges this world into despair!" Her rambles seemed to be getting worse, more unhinged with the passing moment. Was this truly her plan or was she spouting nonsense?

Ignoring Emile she flies straight at Absalom, cackling the whole time. Using an sustained Blade she swings wildly and non technical at the magician while Frostmore activates and moves straight at his torso with Tears providing defense. She was truly the manifestation of the fire "I am God! Their cries of love are for me! I will live forever in the hearts of people!

Outside the City the 2 priests will continue to burn while the knights wait to greet their approaching king

95/310 magoi
40/370 stamina
notes:

items, NPCs, Abilities:
Trait Name: The Pale Lady's Blessing
Trait Tier: Omega
Trait Requirement: Be the Army of Maimed or Baroque's marauders
Trait Description: A magical spell cast by the Magno branch of the Flame's Reach that has mutated them to give them supernatural abilities with flames that come from their heat, also allowing them to increase the effectiveness of their heat based abilities.
Trait Effect: All fire, or heat based abilities used by or within 50 meters of either army is increased in tier by effectiveness. Along with this, all the members carry a living flame with them meaning that they all constantly can create a fire that works like a weapon dealing A-tier damage. For 10 magoi Gilles can cause them all to ignite instantly filling the area with living flame that they can control up to 50 meters as though it were a remote control weapon and deal A-tier damage.

Shishi

Shishi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

"She's safe."

These words ran through Shishi's mind, as his fingers ran acroos the handle of the gofted blade. His adrenaline was still pumping as there was still a climax to be had.

The moment had seemed tense as it appeared that Noir was grieving someone. Perhaps stabbing her while she still hadn't acknowledged him would be the best solution.

Shishi would approach, withthe drum in his chest filling his earsalong sode the roar of the flames around them. Every step his heart growing louder. As he tightened his grip words came put.

"Master, I'll use mist to soften the flames."
With that, 89would use Mist as a spell wouldcreate a dense mist that would dampen the flames.

With this interruption, Shishi would nod in approval as he then spoke to Noir. "Are you alright?"

-

×89 is casting mist to slow the flames in this area.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Fear, loathing, and confusion more than anything had begun to overtake the city and its people, despair had started to claim some of them as they couldn't find anything stronger to cling to. The Inner parts of the city had become engulfed as the second ring seemed like it was lost, spreading further and further into the third ring threatening to wrap around the academy once again. The cries of those in pain filled the air with darkness, tainted rukh of those who had started to curse fate. It blended into the smoke for those that could see, a looming shadow that joined the smog overhead.

Inside the Academy coughing from steaming and smoke combined with deafening sobbing gave way to the sounds of the incursion behind them. This city and its people were facing a threat that was scarring them in a way that they never had been before, in a way that they would never recover.

At that moment Shishi and Noir were isolated almost, separated from the world around them as the half-ruined school surrounded them like an arena giving them their private time. There was a second for her to grieve, for them to think, and for them to decide where they would end up going from here. All the while the constant cries of a nearby student echoed like a gentle melody reminding them of the situation they were in, and then a couple smaller sobs could be heard.

As for Deeper where the Chancellor's office was being battled outside of in an attempt to get the house-arrested magician who cared for the city more than most things that existed. The doors rattled against the force outside of them and soon enough both Elijah and Lukxiel got what they wanted as they would soon swing wide open. He had not intended to let him in but was all too happy to see what would be beyond the doors.

Empty, beyond his desk and what papers had been left behind before he had cleared it all to take with him, the office was nearly empty. It looked as though someone had already gotten here and raided the place, but upon further inspection, there had already been dust and webs settling upon the wood. A cup of water that was half drunk was the only thing that could be considered new, or at least newer than the rest. If either of them were to stare at it in the seconds between the door opening and what was to come next they would see as the water began to shake within the glass.

First a small ripple, then it began to wave and shake like a miniature pool filled with a storm, and then suddenly everything would begin to unfold in a few mere moments. The Chancellor's office was rent asunder as the floor blew apart in a torrent of force that scattered the wood and stone into dust. The force of the widening hole that ripped its way from below the academy to its top sent Elijah back up into the air, and Lux with him.

Rising from the earth as he forced open the structure, the world around him a gaping maw of architecture and sediment that seemed like it was going to eat them all if they got closer to him in a moment. As he rocketed past the two who fought outside his previous office he held onto his staff firmly, cage covered in a blanket hanging from the front end as he began to circle around above his precious school.

"I do not care whom of those who agree with my actions, or can forgive my sins, at this moment there is only one thing that matters to me!" Ephraim cried out, his voice enhanced by his magic it began to echo out over the entire city, shaking it as though the trumpet of the apocalypse had been rung. Their herald spoke to them of the upcoming doom and the only way they could avoid such a fate. "The only thing that matters do you care for this city, do you wish to see it burn, and do you plan on getting in my way? I WILL BECOME WHATEVER MONSTER MAGNOSTADT NEEDS OF ME!"

He let out his cry, the last call of a dead man, he had already signed his own warrant and now he was going to face his judgment on his terms. He would not let himself fall to his city, he would either fall for it, or he would wrest it from the hands of these damned cultists who were undermining him. His eyes scanned around before he found Gilles in her fight, and with single-minded rage began to rocket towards her.

"Allow me to fight her...." Absalom would say with a renewed confidence. He wasn't quite sure how he would do. The last they had fought she had managed to not only defeat him but humiliate him with capture. Since that day the mage had been filled with rage that rooted slowly. It had great roots, sinking in slowly and deeply until its hold on his mind was maddening. Maybe that was her goal, to try and make something as ferocious as her but no, life had a much deeper way of spreading its' fury and its pain. It was something far more personal and far harder to rid.

Everything about the magician was different from how he was before, his staff was now different as well. It radiated power, it held power beyond what a simple wand had previously held. It was of dark winding wood, and on it, strange purple flowers would bud, with one large and magnificent at the head of the stave. "World Tree, Root Gnawer!" With his commands roots would grow forth from his staff spreading outward in a circle and creating eight separate trees. Each was an extension of his staff. From one of them, the tree would turn into a great serpent of winding wood. The flowers on its body bloomed greatly, gnashing it would grow sickly teeth, it's bar taking on a horrendous purple hue. The creature would dart towards Gilles, attempting to bite down but her burning blades would tear right through them. Another Gnawer, and two more would follow, he would tear this crazed woman apart.

"I'll move on to the bigger fish then, we can't let them advance farther on the city, if they take down us Chancellor or not I don't think we'll be able to defend them off... They needed all the professors they could get, and while he wasn't afraid the pale lady would soldier on for long, there was a concern about how effective the damage she caused would be. It could cripple Magnostadt if they were not careful. Emile would fly over to meet Xerxes, the dark king was marching with his army.

"I'll offer you this, secede now and we allow your autonomy still, if this continues, then well I shall say we will be happy to welcome a new state under the banner of Sasan's holy patronage." Xerxes would say, standing amongst black armored warriors, his sword and lance both in hand the Knight-King was anticipating a response of violence. The mage looked down upon him, his book in hand. "Well, as holy as your might may be, I think it's time you see the true power that the heavens wield.... he would say before raising his hand into the sky. Xerxes in response would begin to glow, as a massive golden circle summoned underneath his feet.

Dm notes: Absalom used world tree to spread his stave, Emile went off to meet Xerxes, Root Gnawer used four times all together.

Absalom:

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gilles would be filled with ecstasy as her battle with Absalom began. Before his plan creatures were small and helpless against her flames. Now they were great, frightful serpents that filled the sky. She felt like a proud mother watching their child take their first steps. The growth of Absalom has been so beautiful to see. She was not even sure she would win this skirmish but that was what excited her now. This was a battle where one of them were sure to die. No more running. Rather good or evil will triumph.

Feeding more magoi into her two blades she will tear into the serpents rushing to tear her asunder. she was near the end of her capabilities and could feel it. She had one more attack in her and then she would most likely be almost empty on magoi and stamina. Her wings a bit dull, flickering. Her sword arms resting lower than usual. activating her blades once more she swings them at the magician in a last wild attack.

She knew that this would be the last she could do before the bomb she held ignited. She was right next to it and knew she would probably not survive, but there was a chance Absalom wouldn't either. sustaining tears of inferno once more she would hope that the flames would protect from what was about to come as the 100m bomb of living flames would begin to burst.

The group of priests outside the gates would turn and cheer as they see the bright ball of flames be unleashed. And all over the city the cultists would use the Pale Lady's Blessing to use the flames to protect them from the incoming destruction.
60/310 magoi
40/370 stamina

Notes:

items, NPCs, Abilities:
Trait Description: A magical spell cast by the Magno branch of the Flame's Reach that has mutated them to give them supernatural abilities with flames that come from their heat, also allowing them to increase the effectiveness of their heat based abilities.
Trait Effect: All fire, or heat based abilities used by or within 50 meters of either army is increased in tier by effectiveness. Along with this, all the members carry a living flame with them meaning that they all constantly can create a fire that works like a weapon dealing A-tier damage. For 10 magoi Gilles can cause them all to ignite instantly filling the area with living flame that they can control up to 50 meters as though it were a remote control weapon and deal A-tier damage.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The city burned greatly as the new forces engaged upon them, and as it continued to spread with their efforts to stop the fires succeeding in small amounts in isolated locations, but the endless raging of the flames around them caused anything that wasn't sufficiently dampened or protected to soon catch flames once again. It was only drowned out by the cries of those who were trying to escape or had already been consumed by the ever-expanding inferno around them.

"This is a travesty," Ephraim spoke to himself for a moment as he stood there in the air, he had been ignored by those around him and it was clear that there was more he was going to have to deal with. "I have to get closer to the chaos."

Ephraim looked of into the distance, seeing the fighting and then suddenly as there was a huge flash that he saw in the distance he let out a gasp as he saw flames beginning to expand as fast as the birth of a star. He knew that there was little time before he would lose all chance to help anyone who was around the flames. With his flight spell active Ephraim began flying towards the exploding fire that wrapped around Gilles.

"I will do what I can, if I cannot there is no point in being me!" He cried out as magoi began to build around the tip of his staff even as he rode atop it. He was preparing a spell for when he was in range, but for some reason, he didn't fire just yet. "I WILL NOT FALTER!"

Absalom would do his best to fight back. As the woman rushed towards him even further with her blades he reacted quickly having one of his roots summon a Blood willow. The blood would sizzle and shatter as it would meet the opposing force of the pale woman's first slash. The Second one would manage to strike true, shattering the magician's borg in an instant. As golden shards filled the air for a second he needed to before it was too late. Defiant Dew would spread across the world tree. He would have the water solidify, becoming sleet as the eight heads would collapse down on the people below to make a shield.

He would try to keep himself safe, to keep the others safe. it only meant so much but he would save as many as he could. There was a wall to keep the people that he could alive. He would not let this woman get away with scarring his city, the people that he had put so much love and time into. No, as the golden light of the inferno would reflect in his protective shell he could only reach deep down, looking for the strength that had pushed him so far already. He kept looking, and there it was waiting for him.

In the distance, Emilie and Xerxes would soon begin their brawl, as Xerxes continued to approach a great magic circle had appeared behind him. He was preparing to cast a great spell but would halt himself as he saw the great light in the distance. It for a brief moment would catch the eyes of all, they didn't realize the raw power the item she carried held. Emilie had opened his book wider, revealing the center where his thickest of writings resided, where his strongest of spells rested. "I hope you're reading to see how the heavens dwarf the earth's mightiest stars.."

His voice was cold, but Xerxes smiled underneath his armor. He was waiting for this fight, for this moment to put Sasan on the world as more than just a nuisance. The magic circle would begin to rip the metals from the earth, calling forth his power. He held back as the fire would start to reignite the land. He was going to give them his might, his holy swords and shields that carried his faith.

DM notes: Met one sword slash with blood willow, other taken to the borg, used Dew to envelop himself and others nearby in a watery defense.

Absalom:

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

The high priestess as at her limit. She could push herself a bit more but it would not help. This was as far as she could go. Her magoi and stamina were almost depleted. She would float to the ground and deactivate her wings, her swords would drag on the ground as she panted, out of breath and trying to recover a bit. She could not help to stop from grinning however, something that had not once left her face on this day of flames.

"Come down here and fight my dear Absalom! Let us end this! Come and take your revenge that you crave!" This was it. This was the moment she wanted! She would end her life right here, right now. Diving onto the blade of her enemy. "It is noble to protect others but you know this wont end if i live! Even if you win and drive out the Reach and Sassan, it is all for naught if I live! Come and show the world the true nature of the great pillar of humanity that is Magnostadtt!" She would attempt to provoke him now, bait him into taking her life.

This was the moment that the pendulum would drop. This is the domino that would bring a cascade that will change the so called fate itself. Screw the magi who played the role of puppet master or king maker. This was her defiance against them and this system. Her defiance against everything. She was not a great heroine fighting for some noble pursuit. SHe was a delusional psychopath that made a religion solely to burn people alive. She knew that now and so she was done with the power struggle of Fate and those that oppose it. This was for herself. A large F YOU to the Magi, the kings, even the gods.

60/310 magoi
40/370 stamina

notes:

items, NPCs, Abilities:

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Even when Noir felt Shousui's comforting hand on her back, no words escaped her lips. She just needed a little bit more, to at least grieve quietly.

However, the moment Shishi asked about her well-being, it made Noir think about her feelings. Was she alright? She shouldn't be, right? So wouldn't it be easier for her to just answer that she wasn't okay? But how come she felt confused about how to answer that... She didn't know what she was feeling. She felt... nothing; like a black hole had occupied her heart, swallowing everything she felt.

"I... I don't know." The raven-haired girl would answer, her eyes still staring at Baba. It felt strange, with no tears rolling down her cheek as well. "I'm grieving...devastated and sad, but why am I unable to cry?" She finally looked at Shishi, staring at his eyes.

"But we can't stay here for too long... We need to help another area too."
Noir placed Baba back on the ground before standing up. Some people might think that she moved on and already lit a fire within her heart to save the country. But in fact, there was none... The look in her eyes was empty. Right now, her drive to keep going was merely because of her sense of obligation... nothing else...

"I am very grateful for your help. If you don't mind. Would you continue to help me save the city?"

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The sound of burning had been long replaced with the sound of breaking, exploding, and boiling as Gilles fire spread throughout and people called and cried for loved ones in vain. The amount of grim soul soul-breaking events had begun to reach its boiling point, and then the city of magicians would be faced with the most profane sight the city would ever see. Black birds, Rukh began to pour from the people who couldn't accept what was happening to their city, some of them swearing vengeance while others began to fall to the effects and fervor of the cult. Then some were utterly broken and wondered whose fault it was beyond this world that allowed them to be born into this, to feel this. A cloud of black that condensed with the smoke and steam that would fill the air with never-ending despair.

Ephraim found himself stunned in the air, his face was aghast as he saw the cloud of dark rukh filling the air and he felt an intense hatred beginning to fill himself. He knew that he was going to have to take care of them soon. However, he noticed that none of them were paying attention to him. The Imprisoned Chancellor began to fill his staff with magoi as he took the blanket off his birds cage and let it free.

"I shall show these heretics their consequences for attacking my city, if it's the last thing I do it will not be enough!" He said as he chanted under his breath preparing a spell as he tried to do what he could as quick as possible.

Inside the academy where it had been burnt and damaged Noir's words began to resonate with those who were holding just a bit of hope inside and that there was still something that could be done. Then one of the boys that Noir had saved stepped forward and picked up his broken staff. He would hold part of it like a wand, and give her a small, weary smile.

"You're right, there's still things that we can do here. The city and the academy aren't just places, they're also us magicians that make them." He said smiling as he let out a deep and heavy sigh before turning to the others who seemed tired. "We can always rebuild, or take our values with us, but we can't do anything if we all die!"

His words were tired and intense but it was clear that he meant everything that he said, along with the junior professor who was there to guide them it seemed that this was enough to push them forward. He would walk over and start to help up some of the other students and workers getting them ready to leave. The area might not have been on fire but there was a slight creak from the structures from the damage that had been done to them.

"This is the peak of my skill, of my heart, of my brothers, everything I've learned I've put into this magic. Into this one spell, I show Promethean Magic and it's only spell. Elohim! The magician would speak as the magic filled up his body. It was something designed to push a life form to its limit, to bring out latent potential, and to make something overwhelming in force.

His skin radiated, it was golden how the sun was, not from light but from the pure force, the energy that had begun to build up in his body as soon as he cast the spell. His staff was like a spear, with a burning tip that tore through the darkness, one that made her flames seem meager in comparison. It was a golden bond between brothers, he did his best to protect others, but now it was time to harm her, To bring punishment upon her beyond anything that she understood. The magician would fly forward, pointing their weapon towards the pale woman's heart. He had but a single goal in mind, and that was to retrieve his family.

While the battle was at a point where the damage was far the city was not lost. Conversion and conquering were two different things. Xerxes, wouldn't quit just yet, and with this magician before him, the only thing he could do was convince an army to take the stand, he had to prevent whatever spell his foe was casting. So a Lancei Tartarus was erected around the magician. It would make it hard for him to cast anything, let alone get out. His spell was still casting that was the worry, he could only hold it for a moment. It was in that moment that he would roar. "YOU CAN CHOOSE TO BURN WITH THE FIRE OR RISE WITH SASAN'S GLORY BUT ONLY COWARDS QUIT AFTER COMING THIS FAR!"

He wanted to entice the fight, he wanted to bring it just a little bit further before allowing the fun to die out. The people needed to be beaten, to be forced to submit so that they would not just fear their power, their words, or their faith. No, they needed it to rule their entire lives, to be the only thing that would sway their decisions and actions. To be both their biggest fear and greatest salvation until they were begging for it.

Absalom:

Xerxes Combat Sheet:

Xerxes' Forces:

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

This was it! This was the moment that the Pale Lady has been waiting for. Seeing this Hero that she created, shining in a bright light with immense heat emanating from his being. She had created a symbol of hope for all to see and rely in and she knew how to extinguish that Flame.

While she was near empty and anymore would surely put her life close to death she was going out anyways. Using the last of her energy she would strike. Not to defend herself but to take advantage of this moment and to kill.

Absalom was not foolish enough to let his guard down but all hunters are weakest when they make the kill. So with the tip of the weapon beginning to pierce her heart she would act. Igniting Eternal Warmth and Frostmore, she would attempt to pierce both blades into the body of Absalom.

She would grin feeling the blade of magic render through her heart, blood trailing down her mouth as she throws back her head sending out one last cackle that would die out half way through. Her body would let go of her blades, falling backwards with the same sinister grin she wore her whole time as the mother of Flames. This burning city her greatest achievement and headstone.

30/310 magoi
40/370 stamina

notes:

items, NPCs, Abilities:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

In the distance a Martyr was being made as the Pale lady intended to sacrifice herself in the skies above, below her the city burned with fervor and drowned in terror as the city was torn between those filled with baseless hope, the broken, and those who have given into the flames and begun to spread the chaos with those who had destroyed their city. The look in their eyes held an infectious mania tempered only by the despair that had driven them to such lengths in the first place. The order had fallen apart as the organized efforts to defend the city fell apart into disparate groups all with their intentions and goals to survive.

Ephraim couldn't help but stare as he saw that the fight was coming to an end, with the amount of smoke and chaos happening as people evacuated it would be impossible to root out all the cultists, but he couldn't go without taking any sort of action. His city was being destroyed, many of the mages were being scattered. He needed to stop as much as he could, he needed to regroup with his fellow wizards.

With many drained and the armies of Sasan encroaching on them he felt as if there was only one thing that he could do in this situation. He could not retake his city if he died here, there could be no more glorious defense, there was only picking up the scattered pieces and trying to rebuild.

"Fayadan La Yundab." The words left the mouth of Ephraim as he raised his staff in the air to call upon the magoi he had been gathering, if they wished to scatter, then they would scatter.   He threw his staff down as though he was about to toss it at the ground but did not let go. In the air the clouds began to roil and toil the sky darkened, and soon enough raindrops began to fall.

It was light at first, like a fairy dancing across your cheek and then suddenly it would start to get louder, and harder. It wasn't long until a sprinkle would turn into a deluge, drops of water thundering against the beaten and broken walls hissing against the remaining flames burning their city. The battlefield around them was starting to get muddier as the knights of Sasan would soon see as they came to occupy.  Only aided by the smoke and steam before the great rainstorm did not seem to stop as minor flooding began.

In this blinding rain Ephraim would fly down, he would return to where he saw some of his fellow mages go down. With his plan to rejoin with Samson there was him, and then there was Noir with students who she had saved. Although there were more groups loyal to the city who were out there it seemed as though these critical groups surviving would be key to the future of the city.

The deluge of water would manage to consume the bodies of many, pushing away the invaders who dared to step on their doorstep. As the man who moved planets fought to keep back the metal army Zerxes did his best to try and push but the force of Ephraim's magic would keep them back. The fervor of many had been undying in their fervor but there was almost a collective breath for silence as they would all witness the collapse of the pale woman. She had given in, sufficient in her goal as flame and fanatic alike had taken root in the fair city of Magnostadt.

Emile had seen that, as the light was awash with cooling glow he would command his magic to create a massive planet, one that would rip up the metal men, compacting them around it. He would take queue from the Chancellor and do what he could to disable them. If they could push them back or hinder them enough they would have to flee the battlefield it was a simple solution. Killing their ideals would be a challenge for those now inspired, but they had to kill the momentum before people ravaged the city.

The one with the view changed most of all though was Absalom, his victory over his tormentor almost felt hollow. Something about it felt wrong, how she accepted it so easily. It didn't seem like the way of someone that was content in their death, in that they were doing the right thing in one final act. He was used, part of her play to spur up this fight. She was now a martyr for their faith, they were the oppressors who had tried to cut the Flame's reach. Even though the fighting now was futile to take the city, there was still a new face to this city.

Gilles

Gilles
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Inner circle, or what was left would witness the last light of gilles as she reached martyrdom. Each would be filled with great happiness at the witnessing of the death of the vessel of their god. The mouth piece that gave them guidance. Without that guidance and her flame there was darkness and they were lost in it. However, this was not something that would break them for they would all become the flame now. That was the gift and will of their high priestess, of their god. Gilles had essentially became a god to those that had found faith in her and this was her ascendance.

The SOFR would gain a fervor they hadnt had before. Those still fighting would surge forth with newfound vigor. Husk would go to lead those in Magno while Dawn disappears, heading back to the Kou Branch to assist the leader there, no longer feeling a need to follow the traditional ways for SOFR and forge their own path already. Hound and Blitz would make their way through Sassan and to their king, with the flame bright in their hearts and minds. They would forge a path in sassan for a fourth branch in time.

Tonight the country of magicians would squirm in strife and turmoil but at sunbreak they would begin to rebuild

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum