You are not connected. Please login or register

A new dawn approaches (Job/plot)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Silva Kaida

Silva Kaida
β-Tier
β-Tier

job:

`Today was the debut for both Silva Kaida and the middle-aged Shou in the world of sumo wrestling. For one this was their introduction as a wrestler and for the other it was for being a teacher to wrestlers. Silva had decided to train Shou when the man wanted to have a change of career and pursue a dream of his. This had given the former assassin the desire to become a teach and discard his old ways of life. He fully believed that Sumo wrestling could help change the isolated country of Kina for the better and this was the first step.

Silva had been attempting to find a first match for Shou since all he has shown the aspiring sumo wrestler was real life combat and not the restrictive world of the ring that was bounded by so many rules. This was making the old man nervous if he was being honest. He was used to a world that was ruled by wits and strategy, but sports had luck as a large factor as well as how you use the rules. Also in real life it was all reliant on a huge variety of circumstances while the ring relied solely on power and size, the larger the sumo normally meant the more power they had and they were the most likely to win. Shou had neither the size nor the athletic prowess to succeed normally but he had a tenacity and with this being his dream it gave him a fire that others did not have or had long lost. This was his day.

The old mentor was lucky enough to be able to find someone who was willing to help the newcomers to sumo. Tori Hanamura who was a new sumo but has been known for his even win lose streak. He may not be the strongest but his quick light movements allowed him to be a challenging opponent as well as someone who could easily entertain the audience. He was a new generation wrestler so it was easy for them to get a match with someone who was wanting to help other upcoming wrestlers. It was clear from the start that a newbie like Shou was not going to win against someone with such a record. However, Just because that is what the seasoned watcher believed it did not mean that is was set in stone. It was the job of the teacher to make sure that their student was best prepared for any opponent no matter how skilled they may be.

The amateur sumo was beginning to reveal his nerves to this teacher who had managed to keep his own in check. The golden haired instructor would grin as he looks down at the slightly shorter, rotund man, “Liven up why don’t you young Shou. I know that this is both of our introductory matches but you have been training for this ever since the day that I have crossed paths with you. You just need to trust in yourself and if you cant do that then trust in your instructor and what I have instilled into you.” The middle aged Shou would seem to liven up a bit with these words of encouragement from the man he was put so much of his faith and trust into. “Thank you teacher. I was a bit too much into my head there it turns out. I am just worried that I may turn out to be a failure at this and put the livelihood of my family at risk. But if I just focus I will have a much better chance at succeeding at this.” The former assassin would nod understanding what the younger man was saying. Shou was a married man who was just a farmer who had a dream of being a sumo. This was a big risk for him that could put his whole life and even his family in jeopardy. It was the teacher’s job to make sure something like that does not happen, that his student is not led astray.

Tori Hanamura was the sumo wrestler in question who was to be Shou’s opponent for the day. He would look eager about the opponent that he was about to be facing for the day. To some this would seem like a situation where a professional would try to take advantage of an amateur for an easy victory. He was often seen fighting rookies so people ended up giving him the title of rookie crusher however that was not the true case, he did not do this for easy victories but for entertainment. Tori was a true lover of the world of sumo and therefore enjoyed bouts no matter how experienced they were. He served as a sort of talent scout for the sumo world, those who beat him were likely to make it big in the sport and that is what he is looking for. He wants to find opponents that will give him a challenging and incredibly entertaining match. That was his true reasoning, a sort of trial by fire situation. Honestly he did not see much interesting in the middle age wrestler, not someone who was weak but not strong either. He was interested in the man who taught the kina native, an outsider who on a whim decided to learn about their sport and teach it to this aspiring wrestler and training him to be able to win in this harsh world. He saw the possible entertainment of facing someone taught by someone not from this land.

The match was going to be starting soon so it was time for Shou to get ready and prepare for the bout. Shou would remove his kimono to reveal his tradition mawashi that he had recently got as they prepared the ring with the usual ceremony. The Gyoji referee would be in the center of the dohyo or stage as the two contestants approached from opposite ends. Each step that shou would take up to the dohyo would make him more nervous despite the words of encouragement given to him by his teacher. Once he got up to the top he would notice the smirk on Tori’s face would send shivers down his spine, as if a mouse running up to play with the lion. He would suddenly slap himself with both of his hands on either side of his face. This would startle his opponent as Shou would force himself to refocus and gain resolve for his debut match for all of kina.

The gyoji would watch closely as the two rotund men would puck up handfuls of salt before tossing it into the ring. Then they would put chalk on their hands before crouching down into the starting position. The two sumo wrestlers would do a long deep bow before beginning the bout. The Gyoji would put his fan in between the two of them before raising it and stepping back. They would suddenly rush each other, two massive bodies smashing against the other in full force creating a loud thud sound. They would both be exerting themselves in an attempt to push the other back. They would both step back from the rebound of opposing forces before charging at each other once again. Tori would be surprised by the initial clash of this bout, Shou kept lower to the ground then tori and used his momentum to push against the man in order to match the sheer weight difference between them. This was something that Silva had taught in order to make up for the differences in skill and power. However, this was something that came with a great risk. If the opponent caught on the could just knock Shou to the ground with great ease. So this meant that the move could not be used again, if they clash the same way again he will lose which meant going on the full offensive.

Tori had the same thought however, his superior experience helping him out in this case. Tori would use his signature move, double monkey paw in an attempt to use brute force to knock Show out of the dohyo. Should would duck down before meeting the assault with his own double palm attack, One day I'll be Yokozuna! This would cause both of them to bounce back a bit once again. However, Shou would be the one to take the advantage this time. He would be a second quicker than the experienced sumo, grabbing underneath Tori’s arm for his take down move get down, causing the other sumo to tumble into the cold hard floor of the dohyo. The crowd would let out a deafening cheer as Shou would help Tori back up on his feet. Shou would go through the usual ritual at the end of a sumo match before returning to Silva, his teacher and mentor. Shou would hug the man as a sort of celebration. Silva would smile and celebrate with the younger man. They had both did it, they have succeeded. Their debut into the would of sumo was a humongous success.

Shou:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum