Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Writing Down the Records Empty Writing Down the Records 11/07/22, 07:18 pm

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Job Info:

ZUZU MANSUR
Even as Zubaidah interrogated the Spiders, Trajan was lost within this world of honey-sweet subterfuge. ‘Who are these Spiders?’ She had forgotten that Fulvia’s sort were based within the underside of polite society, scuttling about where the Society would not look to search. ‘It would be worse for you to know…’ She could not allow the Spiders to infect someone else unrelated with their feud, so she whispered honey-sweet words into Trajan’s ears and made sure, ‘So why don’t you forget about them?

Consider them rivals from another agency.’ It was not entirely false, was it? ‘An intelligence agency of sorts.’ It was true in some sense, but she still felt wrong. ‘I can’t allow them to access any of the Society’s information, but this agency cannot know that their men failed.’ Even if she thought it wrong, it was all the more necessary to protect him.

Then how could you solve this?'

We need it to seem as though their men succeeded.'

As he began to question how Zubaidah might do this, she brought a hand towards the forehead of each Spider in turn, and repeated a phrase under her breath. He could not quite hear what words she had said, but it sounded something like ‘you will remember that you succeeded’ to his ears. So what did she hope to achieve in repeating some phrase or other? Did she think that they would just take it to heart? Why did she not consider that it would go in one ear and out the other?

As he pondered this, Zubaidah beckoned him over and gestured towards something bright upon her hand. ‘Were you wondering about this?’ When he looked closer, Trajan could see a ring shining around one of her fingers. ‘I don’t think you will remember what happened today, will you?’ As she brought her hand towards his forehead, Trajan realised that Zubaidah had been using a magic tool, that of a ring, on each Spider - and now himself.

The work was a tad too exhausting, wasn’t it?

Yes, it was wrong, but it was also necessary for both their safety.

It has been a long week…

As though he was waking from an afternoon nap, Trajan asked through long yawns, ‘Now that we have finished the Magister’s work, what then shall you do, lady Zubaidah?’ She looked him dead in the eye, and spoke honey-sweet words, ‘My work here is finished as well, so I must move on, as I have always done.

Well, I am glad that the Magister’s deal was beneficial at least! But if I may be so bold, might I ask where you are going?

I suppose out of the country?’ She had intended to sort through the Society's files with Amnet once arrived in Parthevia. ‘Some foreign business then?’ But he had inspired her with thoughts on how she could remove herself from Reiman troubles entirely. ‘Yes, a foreign business indeed…’ And turn the tables on the Spiders in the process.

Well, the Society shall await your return with eagerness.' A laugh escaped her scarlet lips, ‘I wouldn’t be too eager if I were you!

Why’s that?

Oh, that’s for me to know…’ A smile flashed within her amber eyes. ‘And you to find out.
300/340 mag | 541/500 | 390/390 stam

Zubaidah casts Echo Chamber on each Spider, utilising Silver Tongue with Sugar and Spice at the same time, repeating that they have succeeded to influence them into believing that they succeded in their objectives.

Zubaidah does the same to Trajan, repeating that the Spiders were not noteworthy and that he had no more than an ordinary day at the office.

Band of the Sylvan Siren:

Sugar and Spice:

Primary Profession:

──────────────────────────────────────────────

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum