Solomon's Proxy
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

If she were not serious about winning, Zubaidah might have found the battle thrilling. But, focused upon winning, she cast aside that feeling and concentrated her attention towards Jason. After all, she could not afford the luxury of thrills and pleasure if she wanted to reach Jahan’s level. No, if she wanted to find her own limits.

As she saw Jason move out his arm and cast a new spell, however, she would become even more cautious and sustain a Stabbing Talon from the buried Night Talon, intending to intercept the incoming Slime Grenade. At the same time, she tapped her Fork of Terea against herself, activating Terea’s Wedding Veil and moving away from Jason as much as she could, eyes fixed upon him.

As she moved away, she sustained another Stabbing Talon from the buried Night Talon at the same time as she would cast a second Stabbing Talon from a new Night Talon taken into her right hand with Nimble Fingers as she had moved away from Jason, hoping that she could catch him off-guard with attacks from different directions.

Reaction: She sustains a Stabbing Talon from the first Night Talon (using the Spear of Shadow passive), aimed at and clashing with the Slime Grenade, at the same time as she activates a once-scaled Terea’s Wedding Veil and begins moving away, taking out a new Night Talon with Nimble Fingers.

New Action: As she moves away, she sustains a Stabbing Talon from the first Night Talon for the final time and casts a Stabbing Talon from the second Night Talon in her hands.

Outcome:

Magoi: 275/340

Stamina: 390/390

Reasons for New Values:

Abilities Used:

Zubaidah's Information:

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

"I see...Though our situations are probably far from the same, there are certain reasons why I am unable to return to my own home right now. I can't even visit my father's grave whenever I want. For what it's worth, I hope you get to return to your homeland some day. "

Zion sighed and shook his head to cast off the sense of homesickness Bosk's words brought about in him. But thankfully the cute little squeaks made by Hamtaro brought a smile to the young magician's face. He was disappointed that the creature did not trust him to not do anything disadvantageous to it, but Zion could not blame the rat for being cautious. It was enough to Zion that the weary look seemed to have left the small creature's eyes and it seemed to be in slightly higher spirits now. Even as Leo returned from battle and Hamtaro scurried up the larger beastman to whisper words unknown, Zion maintained his smile. It could be gathered from Leo's comment that Hamtaro had done a bit of spy work and was now reporting his findings. But this just made Zion let out a soft chuckle.

"Hahaha, I appreciate the advice. But don't you have a little friend on your side?"

The storm kitsune asked as he gestured to Hamtaro. "If you can have allies in this competition, I don't see why I shouldn't strive to have a couple of my own." Zion looked up from below to meet the Lionman's gaze. His own deep blue orbs reflecting confidence and self assurance before mysteriously turning to look at Jason. Through their prior meeting outside the dungeon, Zion had a decent impression of the fanalis man and silently rooted for him as he and Zubaidah clashed. "Last round I asked for predictions and Bosk rightfully claimed you would emerge victorious, Mr. Mang. This time I would like to put forth a prediction of my own. That red haired fellow. I think he will win. Do any of you care to make a bet with me?"

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

What does it mean to be strong?

What is strength?

Was Jason strong?

These questions were popping in the young fanalis's head as he faces an unusually strong opponent. This was a woman who seemed to not be a magician, yet relied on her advantage of magic tools heavily. It was true: Jason was at a huge disadvantage in magoi and items. Still, there was a more to a fight other than simple tools.

Jason held his body back as the sudden rush of these particles were displayed. His body was constantly being slowed down and debuffed to where he felt like a normal human. Still, this was Jason Achilles we were talking about: he is not a normal person by any means.

His arms held to the side as he continues his rushing onslaught to Zuzu. Of course, two attacks were sent directly at Jason. Sustaining his lightning magic tool and his own ability to be acrobatic, Jason flips over the attacks. Even with his speed, it was difficult to completely dodge them, even possibly getting a some sort of small cut on his leg.

With that frontal flip, Jason already starts dashing at Zuzu, making sure to add even more pressure to her current position. With that in mind, Jason fires another Slime Grenade and utilizing the power of the Sword of Sands for two attacks to hit Zuzu. Both attacks were angled in such a way that they would attack her more from both of her sides in the front instead of directly in the middle. Additionally, Jason's rampage continued as he gritted his teeth towards Zuzu.

"Do you need my help?" For some reason, that demon spoke. Jason never had to use that rage in years, yet it seemed to want to come out of its own. Would Jason allow his anger to get the best of him or tame it for the tournament?

Magoi: 110/150
Stamina: 330/300

Note: Jason uses a combination of his speed, balance and his magical tool thats sustained in order to flip over the attacks (I am fine with getting some sorta of injury but probably not too major). Additionally, I continue going towards Zuzu while firing another slime grenade and a sword of sands projectile.

relevant:

literally everything I have lol:

Last edited by Jason Achilles on 09/03/22, 05:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

She was impressed with Jason, but Zubaidah was not done herself. As he darted away from her attacks, she began controlling the First Snow around her, moving it from her position, and prepared a Bridal Train for herself.

As she saw Jason hurling two attacks towards her, she was pulled towards another platform thirty metres above the arena, twisting her body about with Graceful Airs so that she was not an easy target. As she came closer towards the platform, she sustained another two Night Talons, the first from the buried spear and the second from the one she was holding. She would thus target him from behind and above at the same time - more ingenious than the first time.

Magoi: 250/340

Reasons for New Values:

Abilities Used:

Zubaidah's Information:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Leo and bask made eye contact. It seemed that Zion had the wrong impression that they were a team of sorts. It was true they were friendly, but winning meant freedom for them. What was it now, 10,100, or 1,00 years they had been waiting for this day? Neither of them knew for sure but however long it was, it had been a very long time. They only trained and fought every day until Asmoday thought they had improved enough to stop.  The two broke their look and Leo Mang grinned. "Sorry to disappoint, but I am unsure what you are referring to. Hamtaro was only explaining what you have hidden Mr. Sword King. As a King myself I find it a bit odd you hide among us. Look around, you are the only one hiding what you have. Only a liar or a man seeking to do wrong hide, are you either of these?"  

Bosk chuckled as he looked at the fight. "Perhaps the Sword King thinks himself a monster Leo.  The others that came from this world like that, and his smell is more..." Bosk took a moment to lick his lips as he looked towards Zion. "Food."

Hamtaro would look at Zion and seemed to not even care about the fight whatsoever.  Leo chuckled once. "Perhaps so. As per the wager Sword King, a battle is not something that can be judged so easily. As you saw in my fight things can become the opposite of what they seem.  

Meanwhile, the announcer was making a lot of noise and being overly excited about the action taking place within the ring.  The snow kept falling and the woman seemed to be gaining the edge. Jason either could not react in time or failed to notice Zuzu's actions as her last two acts from above and behind him would strike his armor for a total of A-tier damage.

DM notes: Zub may post again, Jason has been auto hit due to failing to post within his time limit. Full damage has been taken.

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

It seemed that a misunderstanding of sorts had emerged. Perhaps Zion had chosen too strong a word before. Ally suggested taking sides in a war. But the meaning he had intended to convey was more so a simple friendship. "Ah, but that is exactly what I was referring to. If you two did not share some bond, I see no reason for Mr. Hamtaro to share such secrets." There was a playful smirk on the magician's lips as he felt like Leo had somewhat made a fool of himself. "Such friendship is all I seek. Not for any delusion that it might earn me victory in this tournament, mind you. I simply have too many foes as it is so I'd rather make friends where I can..."

Though there was still the unspoken truth that Zion had wanted something from Hamtaro his words to Leo contained no lies. Zion lived his days in fear and in exile from his home all because there were enemies beyond his power and understanding. "I admit, however, that I am indeed a liar. I could try to assure you I'm not out to do wrong, but that may well be a lie so I won't bother trying to convince you of it. I am a monster after all! Hahaha!" The youth broke into an ironic laughter, though he laughed more so at himself than anything else.  It was his own insecurity about being a freak of nature that had led him to take on a dungeon beast form in the first place. He had hoped it would serve as an excuse to explain away the oddities of his birth.

Zion turned his attention back to the ring and the smiles left him. Jason had fallen into disadvantage and was taking no small amount of punishment. It was a good thing none of the other competitors accepted his bet, but that didn't make him feel much better about the situation. The hooded youth clenched his fists and struggled briefly before making a decision. His hair slowly shrank and turned an oily black. His face turned harder as his alabaster skin became bronzed. The Trickster Foxspirit had assumed the same appearance he had disguised himself with on the day he and Jason had met. Zion then threw back his hood revealing the freshly disguised face and shouted loudly to cheer on his fanalis friend. "Don't give up, Jason! You can still turn this around!"

Spoiler:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As she saw Jason freeze, her spears breaking his armour and scraping into his body, Zubaidah was shaken from her battle-lust. ‘Please forfeit, mister.’ She aimed her spear towards Jason, standing upon her metal platform, but she did not want to use it at all. ‘Do not take this in the wrong way, but I do not want to hurt you anymore than I have!’ She had heard his convictions within the rukh and supported them, so Zubaidah did not want to draw any more blood. ‘You have proven your skill to everyone here!She would prepare to sustain another Stabbing Talon into his leg from her buried spear, but she waited for his response. ‘So please…

Magoi: 250/340 (240 if Jason does not forfeit)

Abilities Used:

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

Being frozen was an easy mistake and noticeable. An end of the match, of an era for Jason Achilles. This should have been Zuzu's easy win. But of course, no thing is easy in life. Not even Jason's mind is an easy place to be with.

"Do you need my help? Actually, no, I know you need my help." That voice was the reason why Jason froze. His body couldn't move to react to Zuzu's movements: his brain was too distracted to here this voice. Why did this voice come back? Is it here to haunt Jason? Is it here to scare him.

I can't be a monster again. No, I can't listen to you. This is a tournament, no one has to get hurt.

"ARE YOU A FOOL?! YOU DON'T THINK ANYONE HERE WON'T KILL YOU IN A HEARTBEAT? YOU ARE NOTHING, JASON! YOU ARE A REPLACEABLE RED HAIRED FOOL WHO IS TRYING TO BEAT SOMEONE STRONGER THAN YOU. GIVE UP A SUBMIT TO ME! I WILL MAKE YOU SURVIVE. GIVE UP. GIVE UP. GIVE UP."

"GIVE UP." was repeated constantly. His head was in deep pain as all of these thoughts were happening in a split second. Maybe it was time to finally submit. Maybe death is all that awaits. But that was until his eyes met upon Zion. That man was the sweet man who knew how to woo a crowd...but he for some reason is someone Jason can consider a friend. Jason doesn't have many friends, but he knew he would fight for those friends til the end. The voices were gone and only Zion and Val's face was in Jason's head.

The first two auto hit attacks would indeed hit, though Jason reacted in time to move his body and allow the attacks to slide through the side of his body. By maneuvering his body, A tier damage sliced the side of his body, but did not take out any vitals in the process. One hit would hit above the hip and the other would hit his bicep. He was heavily damage and it was a good move on Zuzu, but Jason was still moving.

Jason attempted to use his lightning orb once more and activate it, allowing him to dodge the attack while also using his Fanalis speed. (The effects of the last spell have wore off I think because they also weren't sustained)

If Jason needs to block the attack, he would use Mountain Wall to hit the spear and reduce the damage. Still, he is reducing the damage to only take a lot less damage as much as possible.

With moving out of the way or blocking the attack, Jason notices his chance to gain an edge. With his sword held out, he activated Sifting Sands while Zuzu was practically falling from the sky. After all, she didn't sustain her ability and she was already 30 meters above the dome.

Additionally, he continued to gain his distance no matter what happened, getting close to Zuzu's location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdnti4_UUg

Magoi: 90/150
Stamina: 310/330

relevant:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

There was some irritation within her voice as Zubaidah saw Jason come towards her. ‘Have it your way…’ She turned her gaze aside, sympathy fading from her eyes, as a veil of red covered her eyes again. She sustained a Stabbing Talon from the spear buried behind him, aimed for his wounds, and cast a Song of Terea beneath him as well so that he was forced to stop and redirect his focus from her other attacks. As she did that, she threw a spear towards his arm, sustaining a second Stabbing Talon with it, intent on forcing him into one wall of the three-sided trap.

Magoi: 220/340 (two 5 magoi sustains and a new 10 magoi cast / last post Stabbing Talon was cast and not sustained, hence 10 magoi and not 5 magoi)

Abilities Used:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Leo Mang watched the fight as it progressed, it seemed Jason and the Sword King had known each other much like this Zuzu woman and Jahan had. Interesting they were so connected from this world. He wondered how different it would be if he were to exit into this world as the Champion of Asmoday.
"It seems you already have friends here Sword King. Your friend seems to be on the ropes. If only he also had the tools for the job. "

Bosk chuckled as he walked up putting Zion between the two of the champions. "No, the boy may be under armored for the fight, but he has the warrior spirit. Asmoday might have him join his ranks. " Hamtaro turned and shot Bosk a look as if warning him he had said too much in front of the Sword King.

The announcer lifted his glasses back to his face after ducking near the ringside. "Why ladies and gentlemen, the pressure is on for Jason, as the warrior woman seems to have him on the ropes. Jason is refusing to give her the victory without fighting every inch for it. Can he turn the tables and clutch a victory?

From about the Magi focused onto Zuzu seeking the answer to her question. The Djinn looked at Jason and his warrior spirit and wondered the same thing as Ren. Is this the one?

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Things had looked incredibly grim but now that Jason began moving once again a bit of relief showed on Zion's concerned face. His eyes lit up when Jason responded to his shout, alas the renewed fighting spirit did not undo the gap between the fanalis warrior and his opponent. The woman was wielding her magic tools cautiously and refused to give Jason a chance to approach her easily. Zion watched this all with clenched fists and a strained heart. Though the situation looked dire for his friend, the storm kitsune still hoped naively that Jason could still snatch victory from the maw of defeat.

Leo Mang's comment brought a bit of Zion's focus off of the fight for a moment. The magician's eyes, now brown from the transformation, remained locked on the battle. But his ears listened closely to the comments of both former champions. "Aye, this friend of mine didn't know I was here. But while my support seems to have reached him, he still lacks an arsenal that compares to Zubaidah's." Zion admitted. Leo's observation was exactly what brought the youth concern and doubt about Jason's potential for victory. It was the words of Bosk however which managed to rip Zion's gaze from the fighting for but a brief moment. Much like Hamtaro, Zion shot Bosk a glance. Albeit not one of warning but of inquiry.

"Join his ranks?...You mean, like you have?"

Zion then looked to Hamtaro and Leo. The weary look Hamtaro had displayed earlier flashed in the magician's mind. He then thought to ask, "Just how long have you three been here anyways? How long has it been since you've each seen your homelands?" Zion had a foreboding feeling that he would not like the answer to his questions. But he was never one to shy away from uncomfortable truths.

Trickster Foxspirit - 3 posts remaining

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

Without no other moves to spar, Jason had to do his best against this triple attacks while being injured on his leg from the last attack. Sustaining his orb once more, he goes flying into the air with a powerful enough Fanalis jump (I assume jumping would use the strength stat more than speed). With this in mind, the Fanalis does his best to jump up to avoid the two attacks while using the orb as a reaction. Additionally, he sustains for another Mountain Wall defense, trying to swat the spear away.

I doubt I can win. No, this might seem pointless...but I have to keep trying. I have a promise to uphold.

With whatever damage the Fanalis might receive, he swings his blade twice, using the Sword of Sands to emit two crescent slashes of energy at Zuzu once more.

Magoi: 75/150
Stamina: 300/330

relevant:

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Zubaidah vaulted from her platform, metal dissolving into thin air, and manoeuvred away from Jason’s attack with a scaled Mayir Guard. She redirected herself away from the Shifting Sand, using a combination of momentum and her Graceful Airs, but her arms were bruised from the force of parrying away such an attack.

As she landed upon the arena with even more Graceful Airs, Zubaidah raised her spear towards Jason once more, intending on ending the battle once he was vulnerable from his fall. ‘Please, just forfeit,’ Her words were mixed between irritation and compassion, her arm faltering as she aimed for his waist, ‘If you continue, I will have to take out more than just your legs!

Zubaidah has accepted D Tier damage.

Magoi: 220/340

Stamina: 350/390

Relevant Abilities:

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

And the attacks struck him with such force. His arms were cut with a major gash, the side of his body was held with a thread, and his leg did not allow him to move. This was the end. But of course, Jason would continue to try till his death. That was his nature as a warrior: the one who continues to try. If he did not make a promise to someone, he probably wouldn't be in this position. Nonetheless, he would fight till the very end no matter what. That was his fighting spirit, that was his path as a warrior.

And in his head, it was different.

Rage, weakness, desperation. All that was there was a boy crying away as he kneeled down with the voices continuing to talk.

"Its too late. You are doomed. You will die here. Your first big fight and you fucking blew it! Why the fuck did you not use me? You could have killed her in cold blood and now you are trying to get yourself killed? I thought you had a promise to fulfill, a goal to achieve? You are the weakest Fanalis I know. The slavers should have killed you before Val rescued you. "

These thoughts rampaged through his head like constant tsunami of feelings. Maybe it was best if he died. Maybe it is best that the Achilles legacy ends.

"Stay strong, my little one."

A person with a straw hat stood in Jason's mind as he smiles, watching the little Fanalis cry a river.

"Remember me in this life. Remember to keep your promises. And always remember that you have the Achilles name. If you can't believe in yourself...believe in the me that believes in you. Because I will always believe in you, Jason."

With that, Val takes off his straw hat and places it on the Fanalis's head as he continues to cry, knowing his disappointment. Still, that did help him, but it did not motivate him to continue fighting. No, in that way, in the real world....Jason was doing something different.

And there Jason was in the real world, standing in the coliseum. His sword was dropped on the floor with pieces of his armor surrounded him. Blood was splattered around his entire body with his body still standing tall. No emotion, no voice, no sound was being made by his body except a small breathe. It was silent as he crosses his arms and stares at Zuzu with long eyes.

This was a man standing strong to show his fighting spirit. Even if he can't physically move, Jason will lose in dignity. This was not just a mere boy who wandered into a dungeon: this was a warrior who will always stand with honor even if his lose has been determined.

With Jason incapacitated and not being able to move, this was his loss.

Asmoday: Main Hall [Event/Dungeon/DE] - Page 2 Original

Asmoday Dungeon Arc was over for Jason Achilles.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The three champions looked to each other and then at back to Zion. Hamtaro made cute little mouse noises, though he was being clear as he commanded the other two to be tight-lipped with the information being asked of them. " As I said previously, time works differently in here. I am not sure how long we have even been here. We are Champions of Light, every day is training and field exercises. So how we never grow tired to sleep. The food and water fed to use heals and keeps us going. "
Said Bosk, his S's stretched out as his tongue fluttered with each use of the letter.

Leo nodded his head in agreement. Yes, join as we have. To make it clearer to understand I have been here for the longest, from what I have gathered I had been training for perhaps two weeks before the next champion joined. Though the longer you stay here the more the days blur together and I often wonder if a day has even passed. Sure you use a measurement of time but that is only relevant to where you live."

It seemed that the fight had come to a close, both fighters had shown skill and courage in their fight.  Jason had shown the true nature of a warrior even the Djinn Asmoday had noted his ability. Though the victory here was the tactical fighter Zuzu. With her tools and items and plans to slow everyone down, she capitalized on the lack of items that Jason had.  It could be assumed if Jason was as equipped as Zub had been things might have gone different, but as Asmoday saw it there was no such thing as a truly fair or even fight and it was up to the warrior to overcome all odds.  Once the match came to an end a bright blue beam of light took hold of the center of the ring clearing all effects of the magics used in the area.  Asmoday himself made himself seen to all for the first time. He towered overall in the arena. Asmoday fetched a container of water from his belt and splashed it onto Jason allowing the man's wounds to heal for only about B tier damage, preventing any further bleeding, and allowing the man to become awake. Once he was he spoke in a commanding tone.

"Congratulations on a well-fought Victory Zubaidah. You will advance to the next round. As for you Jason, I will extend you an offer to those who I see have the soul of a true warrior. " He motioned his hand towards the three Beastmen that were introduced as the Champions. The djinn looked back down towards Jason. "What say you Jason, will you join the ranks of my champions and be trained by Solomon's Finest Warrior?"    

As Asmoday gave Jason the choice to join his ranks the Announcer for once was speechless. The crowd had gone still and no noise was made within the arena.   The fighting roster adjusted showing Leo Mang Verus Zub in round 2. Next to fight would be Hamtaro and Bonesaw once the arena would be cleared.   The Champions could be seen bowing all with their heads down in the presence of their master.

Once the warrior made his choice Asmoday would vanish in a blue light once more returning to his viewing area where he once again sat near the Magi Ren.   She looked at him with a curious gaze wondering if he had picked the person to claim his power.   Asmoday looked at Ren and shook his head as if he knew what she had been thinking.   "He is not yet ready to claim the Mantle of my power. Perhaps in time if no others live up to my standards."

The Match between Hamtaro and Bonesaw would soon begin.

DM Notes: Jason what happens to you will depend on your choice, Zion in the next post I will do the NPC fight and then you will be up. Zub is the winner of the match, congrats.  Use these posts to rest up.

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

Jason was there waiting on the scene with his eyes closed. Of course, he would have been unconscious the whole time, with his brain simply crying itself to sleep. That was too much for him. Too much sadness and despair over a loss like this. Never has Jason felt useless unless the death of Val was mentioned. But of course, fate always brings a chance when given.

His eyes open up with the red Fanalis watching the djinn speak to him. It was bizarre, unreal to see this magical being speaking to him so casually. In a normal sense, Jason would be spectacle. He would reject the offer and move along. It was clear that Jason was not ready for the world, but the world was clearly ready for him.

"I.....I accept."

With blood still pouring around his body like a fountain, he was met his decision with a cold yes. This was simply his personality: in the face of defeat will he still have a cold unemotional face.

Yet Asmoday could clearly sense that this was a warrior ready to partake in this training. He wanted improvement, he never wanted to face a defeat like this again. Once more, he looked at Zuzu's eyes and nodded as he tried to drag himself off stage with his blade as a crutch.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

As she realised the extent of Jason’s injuries, Zubaidah faltered and lowered her spear-arm. It was her victory, for sure, but she was scared of the harm she had done Jason. She had caused his injuries, severe as they were, because she wanted to prove that she was better than Jahan? It seemed absurd, now that the battle-lust was cleared from her head. How could she have ever thought that?

No, she had been clear-minded when she had decided she should surpass Jahan. Yes, she might have lost her sense during the battle, but the battle itself was not senseless. Some rest would clear any doubts from her mind, she thought, and paid no heed to the event that followed. She would nod to Jason out of common courtesy, but she was not fully aware of her surroundings, retreating into her mind so that her emotions might cool and her blood cease from boiling over.

It was time that she rest.

Using the post to rest and recover 20 stamina.

Magoi: 230/340

Stamina: 370/390

Last edited by Zuzu Mansur on 28/03/22, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

Hamtaro's previous attempts to hush up his fellow champions had failed to catch Zion's notice. But this time the cute fuzzball was far more expressive in trying to silence them. The magician felt unease as he listened to Bosk explain daily life in the dungeon with a bit more detail despite Hamtaro's protests. It sounded to the magician as through the champions were living some sort of warrior afterlife. A soldier's heaven. But to Zion it sounded like hell. Another question rose up in Zion's throat but it was cut off by the calling of the match. He cursed himself for taking his eyes off the match again and looked over to see the horrifying figure cut by Jason as he stood there in defiance against suffering a disgrace along with his defeat.

The scene of the fanalis standing unconscious moved something in Zion's heart. That ephemeral goal of "greatness" his father had tasked upon Zion had always seemed beyond reach. But here in this moment the youth felt he could see a glimpse of it in Jason even though the triumph belonged to his opponent. The sight was burned into Zion's eyes during this moment of awe until the djinn stole all attention with his sudden and unexpected appearance. Zion watched the exchange between his friend and the djinn with a slack jaw. His expression tensed up when the Djinn's offer was made. Zion shot a side glance at the three champions. If it meant joining their way of life, then perhaps it was something a man like Jason would welcome with open arms. Zion ultimately held his silence rather than shout out to Jason. The fanalis accepted.

Worry filled Zion's gaze as he climbed up onto the stage and began running towards Jason. He was careful to maintain his human disguise and simply ran over with the strength of his own two legs rather than use his storm kitsune powers. It was an embarrassing display as Zion almost tripped over his own feet as he scrambled over to Jason's side. The struggling warrior would soon find someone pulling his arm over shoulder as Zion moved to support him off the arena stage. Zion looked at the bloodied fanalis with a raised eye brow. "You might have just made a dangerous decision, Jason." The magician sighed as he did his best to help Jason over to the wall at the edge of the barrier where he would let the fanalis lean on his feet, careful not to insult his previous gesture to remaining tall and proud.

"Here, take this."

The magician rolled up his sleeve revealing the Angel's Brace to Jason. Zion removed the bracer from himself and slid it onto Jason's arm. Magoi flowed from the magician's hand and into the magic tool allowing it to heal the battered body with life magic. Zion watched the wounds visibly improve and gave a relieved smile. "Just feed your magoi into it and it will continue to heal you." The magician slapped Jason on the shoulder a bit too hard even though the healing wasn't finished and winced at the realization of his act. "Ahem, you hang onto that, I'll get it back after my next match." He then made a hasty retreat away from Jason and moved to stand over by the challenger's area. Zion did not want to maintain his Trickster Foxspirit transformation for too long and pulled his hood back up firmly as he left.

Silver locks once more flowed down Zion's back as he returned to his natural appearance. The youth let out a sigh and shook his head as he took a stand watching the next match right next to Zubaidah. Zion said nothing to the woman, but did look at her a bit more closely now. He had the vague sense that he'd seen this woman somewhere before but could not place when or where. But the magician kept it to himself and turned his attention to the stage in order to watch the match between Bonesaw and Hamtaro. Zoin hadn't left the company of the champions for and dislike of them. He found himself worried for the tiny Hamtaro, concerned that the creature lacked the ability to contend with such a goliath.

Magoi: 330/340

Spells:

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

After Jason agreed to join the ranks of Champions Leo and Bosk shook their heads. The fool had made a grave mistake. At first, it seemed like a good idea, to grow stronger and they had done that. They had improved on all their tactics but the cost they paid. It would be too much for most who lacked the true core of a warrior.  Once the Djinn Left Leo Spoke loud to "The Sword King" "Drag him here, I'll take him. Fear not for his injuries will be healed as he has agreed to join us. I fear he did not understand what he just gave up. Young Jason, come here and soon Asmoday will call us back to the living quarters. There you will be healed. "

At this time Hamtaro jumped off Leo and headed into the ring. It was his time to fight and he was excited.  The small rat did not wait for the arena to be cleared before he drew his blade. Squeaks with a violent tone came from the small. The announcer took that as a sign and made an announcement. "Please clear the arena, and allow Bone Saw to Join Hamtaro in the ring.

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

The dungeon trio would watch as they had given their best effort, there were fair fighters. Once, again, he saw people failing to rise to the challenge. He did not wish to insult their capabilities they simply weren't ready for what he wanted. They were strong, they were true fights, it was a shame not all of them would have the chance to show their strength. There would be a chance, on another day in a fight they would not expect. That would be the day that Asmoday's power would come to light.

"I must ask that you leave, you have given it your all, but today is not your day. I know how I shall find my king, I see now what I must do. These cloudy days in a world gone have clouded my sight. You fight, you have passion but even death is not enough of a motivator. I shall see what provides enough pressure to create my perfect king. I may see you again another day. that I hope, so leave, take your gold and these prizes of the champions."

Asmoday spoke with a voice with spit and growl, yet sincerity was disguised behind it. For Jason, the one who gave the most fight he offered the greatsword of Leo, to Zubidiah he would give the lizardman's pendant for how she was reborn in fiery passion. To the doll, he gave Leo's amulet, a protective tool touched by darkness for a man who truly showed light's promise, or at least his rukh did.

Each of these gifts would float over to their new owners. They were powerful tools indeed even if they didn't compare to the power of the djinn. Despite the dower situation there seemed to be some certainty in the idea they could see him again, even if they were unsure how. The Djinn was honestly unsure if he would have these doors open again once more, then again he didn't expect to live as much life as he did.

A great glowing halo would form from the ground, connecting to one towards the sky between a staircase. The steps moved on their own, urging those in the dungeon to walk towards it as the sky started to fall. They would need to leave before everything collapsed, though they had a bright promise he was showing them the way out. He was tired, the djinn was sure they were as well, so he did the favor of throwing the riches out with them as well.

Dm notes: 120k given to everyone, leave pls

Zubs reward:

Jason's Reward:

Zion's Reward:

Jason Achilles

Jason Achilles
β-Tier
β-Tier

Leo's Curseblade?

It was now Jason's.

This item was a memory of his grave defeat. The young Fanalis would remember his embarassing and sadening defeat no matter what. There was apart of him that was glad no one received the djinn, but it made it clear that a dungeon was not fun or games. The world had a lot to offer and Jason knew his best chance of becoming stronger was embracing the rest of the world with open arms. He did hear bout Meridia, a close variant to a Fanalis society. Learning about his roots as a Fanalis warrior might be better for him.

He was thankful for Zion and jealous of Zuz, but he didn't show either emotion. There was a sense of loss in his face, almost like his soul was sucked out of his body. Losing never really felt like this. What was worse is he couldn't be accepted as a warrior. Jason could care less if he had to spend a million years training: he only wanted to improve. He wanted unrivaled strength. He needed it to achieve his goals and can finally rest for a while. Now he feels shame for carrying the Achilles name.

[ASMODAY DUNGEON ARC CONCLUDES]

Zion

Zion
A-Tier
A-Tier

A sour expression came over Zion's face at the sudden turn of events. The djinn was backing out before even seeing him fight? This was somewhat unfair was it not? Alas, Zion lacked the power or authority to possibly question Asmoday's decision. He gave a deep sigh and shook his head. The youth glanced sideways to Zubaidah and took note of her appearance. He appreciated that she had tried her best to dissuade Jason from continuing their fight beyond reason, but also did not doubt that she would have killed the fanalis had he not fallen unconscious and remained stubborn. This left him feeling conflicted about her. But at least he could take relief in the fact that Jason would not suffer the same fate as those three beast kings.

The magician accepted the Cursed Garnet despite his misgivings and walked over to his friend but then stopped as a thought came to mind. "Thank you for sharing your wisdom, champions. I hope you all get to find a way back to your homes one day!" He called out to Hamtaro, Bosk, and Leo before giving them a deep bow. He then stood tall and made his way over to Jason's side and departed the dungeon with him. This was not what Zion had expected for his first dungeon. Caelus had warned him he would likely leave one facing only disappointment if he left one alive at all. But Zion had a feeling this is not what the King Candidate had meant. No, those words were a judgement that Zion lacked the bearing of a king. Apparently Asmoday had judged the same even without seeing what the youthful doll was capable of. He clenched his fists tightly and his eyes burned with resolve. Zion would take this scorn and use it to drive himself to improve further still as he exited the dungeon alongside his friend...

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum