Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Primary Profession
Related Class: Warrior
Profession Title: War Strategist
Description: A well studied individual in the art of war, and the diverse range of tactics involved to acquire victory or other objectives. With their expertise, they can acquire valuable information on enemies by reconnaissance and other means. Furthermore, they are very knowledgeable on how high-scale battles work and can apply their knowledge in real-time to enhance their soldiers.
Profession Perks:

• Recon Soldiers: Can select a particular faction or country once every three months to acquire information on. A group of recon soldiers will be sent out to gather the desired information on the enemy, such as where the enemy is located, battle plans, and etc. Staff dictates what information is acquired. Must complete an Assignment Job Chain to receive said information. The information value varies depending on the Job Chain.
  • Conquerors' Pawns: Is able to RP a personal NPC of choice in another country to complete Profession Jobs or partake in Socials while the PC may be situated elsewhere or unable to travel for whatever reason. NPC may not partake in events. NPC limited to a single thread at a time.
  • Effective Formations: When under the control of large armies, the PC can direct commands to the armies to perform elaborate formations and actions, allowing the army to win a single direct clash with an enemy army once per thread. Cannot be used for the rest of the thread.

Secondary Profession
Profession Title: Radical Propagandist
Description: Talented with his way with words, the individual can form elaborate and well-structured arguments for his cause to the common folk. This causes him to be seen as a figurehead who is of sound and logical information that people believe can be relied on. It helps create radical supporters for his cause.
Profession Perks:

• Fearful Charisma: Once per every three months, Angelus can indoctrinate all NPCs below him in rank and authority into his faction that he gives a speech to within a thread. It will create a ripple effect, create radical supporters, and members, who will be loyal to him before any other faction or authority. This only accounts for radical supporters. There may be other lesser enthusiastic supporters, which is a number dictated by staff. May cause invasions from NPCs. Can only take place when substantial land IC has been conquered by Angelus' faction or a substantial person has been killed (substantial land and person defined by staff). Can only take place in a plot thread DMed by Proxy. May only occur in the country of the user. Cap of radicals that can be indoctrinated is 100k.

• 1k NPCs Indoctrinated: 1k words minimum of the speech thread.

• 5k NPCs Indoctrinated: 2k words minimum of the speech thread.

• 10k NPCs Indoctrinated: 3k words minimum of the speech thread.

• 20k NPCs Indoctrinated: 4k words minimum of the speech thread. Must be located in a capital city. Death enabled thread. Plot must be approved by staff.

• 40k NPCs Indoctrinated: 5k words minimum of the speech thread. Must be located in a capital city. Death enabled thread. Plot must be approved by staff.

• Twisted Reasoning: Once per every three months, Angelus can deliver a statement on a particular faction or country filled with false lies sprinkled in with some of Angelus' own beliefs to forge propaganda to the masses he gave the statement to. It can cause public disdain for the said faction or country depending on what was said, such as xenophobia, religious persecution, or simply disdain for a style of government. May only be used in the same thread as Fearful Charisma. It can cause the targeted people to perceive a certain faction or country in bad taste, depending on the size of the people the statement was given to. It requires Fearful Charisma to have reached at least the 10k mark of NPCs.

Last edited by Angelus on 25/03/21, 05:53 am; edited 3 times in total

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Edited this accordingly.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

War stragetist

Recon Soldiers: Needs more limitations and legwork. How about a mission chain centring around gathering that information first. Depending on the rank of the quest chain, you are granted information (determined by staff) that is appropriate to the work you put in.  If you have no skin in the game, it becomes wildly inappropriate for you to gain knowledge on any organization, even if they played so carefully and discreetly for years to keep themselves and actions hidden (example: Neo's organization and etc). If you set it up like that, it would definitely work. As it stands right now, no.

Conquerors' Pawns: To my knowledge, it was agreed that if things got out of hand it could be revisited if we approved this. If that still stands, this is fine all the way.

Effective Formations: This is what is being said , for now. Effective formations should have an A-Tier cap, which means this winning clash would only work against A-tier armies.  This would be ineffective against omega tier armies, the actions would have to make sense  on your end.

Radical Propagandist

Fearful Charisma: Your base numbers are too high,  for a single speech to cause an indoctrination, just one time (regardless of wc here),  even the lowest base of 1K is higher than another profession/organization that utilizes indoctrination.  Do you believe that this can be lowed? Is there a cap to how many people you can sway to your side with this method per country? Is it the same for every country?  Will they listen to you all the same in this manner?

If we are following similar accounts of indoctrination through faction perks/profession perks, the cap for those NPC's (D-tier) was 1000 per country. In addition just to get 100 of them,  a B rank mission had to be completed. Yes, that lowers the ball intensively, but it's controlled, doesn't need staff intervention to handle,  and you can max that at your leisure without waiting for a response.  That's just my opinion of how we should handle it, which is the same way we handled the others when it came to npc mobs in such fashion.

Twisted reasoning:   Did you know that the political faction perk (Mob enticement) did something similar? Well, most of it.  Fearful charisma gathers the number, and you only need a 10k amount of people to activate this, which only would cost you 2k words at any given time. Unfortunately, we can't approve this, it skims the line of the faction category a little too closely for free.

For starters, Riot had the base of 10k npcs  (possibly more determined by staff) and for the effect of what happen for all of the perks, a plot line had to be backing it for there to be a desirable result for the player that put in the work.  They all required the plot buildup before the purchase,  a one off 2k word speech through fearful charisma and you can go right into twisted reasoning with no plot development, to ask for an amicable conclusion when it invalidates a faction political perk that essentially has to work for more for the same desired result is unreasonable.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to approve this at this time.

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I edited everything besides Effective Formation.

Question: I have an Ability on Trently that lets Trently win a clash. How come this is not allowed for Effective Formation once per thread?

So for Fearful Charisma, there are a plethora of required steps before it can be used. No other Professions have these hard drawbacks to use it one time + staff approval to even do it. I not only have to risk my character to conquer land or kill an important figure, but I have to then write the words and then risk being invaded during the plot. I am also restricted to the country I am in and the cap is 100k which are NPCs that are D-Tier and not readily armed. I took the numbers on the advice of Diana.

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Right now, Radical Propagandist needs an overhaul. Since the neo reim empire org has the political subcategory, there is too many clashes with what you can do through the org with making this profession mimic the same scenarios and conclusions.

Here is my suggestion because it's a straight-up no from me from here on unfortunately with how it looks now because the profession is conflicting with an actual existing system that you now have the capabilities to already do. My suggestion is to build this profession to have a synergetic relationship with the political/military organization that you have. Same as how I have the leader of the dark hand and the dark hand organization? They work well together, do different things but it either enhances a capability or adds a new element to be utilized in the plot.

It really is nothing personal but that's where I am right now man, I had a problem with the numbers anyway and now that you have access to the system that this profession (in my observation) was mimicking, these perks won't hold up. I think, once again, in my opinion, it would do you well to have this be a supporting profession to the political side of your organization and have the perks based on the things you can purchase/obtain, or add a new element to it.

Angelus

Angelus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I will think about Radical Propagadist further or write a new Profession sadly. I wish more options were provided or suggestions on what to do with it, since the suggestion you did give was quite vague and would require a new write up of a different Profession. I appreciate the suggestion none the less though.

Is War Strategist approved in the meanwhile?

Lagi

Lagi
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Trent I can't walk you step by step and make the profession for you. You have to sort of help me help you, I need a ballpark and supportcontent. I put you in what I believed to be in the right direction.

yea it's fine, just remember what I said about effective formation. Staff will revisit it if future complications occur with it's use.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum