Solomon's Proxy
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ani

Ani
A-Tier
A-Tier

Her gaze never left the djinn as he had addressed the others in the dungeon, she couldn't help but take in his details for the sake of getting to know the one who had put them through ordeals but also to figure what he might do to them or what he might ask of them. It was trying to guess who he was as to provide knowledge and a cautionary measure.

However, it was always hard to be prepared for the trials of a dungeon and more specifically the choices of someone who had full control of it. Ani's children, Kor, and her beasts were taken from her almost instantly as the hands had formed. Ani's own reaching out only briefly before she would clench her hands tightly.

It was a proposition to test their resolve, and what they were willing to lose, or rather willing to give for his power. His demands to meet the challenge made her stare at her loved ones as the hands gripped them quiet. What the others around her had said wasn't really registering, as what they gave wouldn't change her answer or what she had resolved her to do next. Her hands unclenching as a soft breath escaped her stiffening lip.

"To gain this strength, to fight against and stop the darkness from consuming everything you ask what we'll give?" Her hands rose up to her face as she placed both of them on her cheek on her cheek before staring Gamigan down once again. "I will take away my light, and fight the darkness when it's all I can view, to protect a world of grand vision I will give up my ability to see it!"

Within a few seconds, it had happened as Ani opened her eyes as wide as possible, even with her left lid quivering from the damage the scar had accompanied. She drove both of her thumbs into her eyes pressing down with the force to break the delicate meat of her eye. Heat and pain filled her face as crimson liquid pooled from her sockets and began to leak down her face like tears. Cries began to escape her mouth as she finished causing the damage slowly. "Haah...AHH, hah, ah, haaah..." Her expression slowly easing as she finished up pants heavily falling past her lip.

As her thumbs pulled out of her face they dragged weakly across her face as she flicked the blood away off her hands, giving her face a blood-stained mask along with her gashed eyes. "There is what I give." Her words were confident, but her words accompanied by the slight noises of pain she emitted as she was recovering from what she gave.

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

The Shadow King

Adrastos watched as his items were stripped and his temporary allies were bound by arms; even Ani’s baby was ensnared by the slithering jumble of limbs. The djinn asked a simple question, one that reminded Adrastos of his dream with the Undertaker. What would they sacrifice to stand a chance against the coming darkness? He had told the woman in his dream that he’d sacrifice his very existence, his past, present, and future. His rukh, his soul, his life. Now, Trently practically made the same offer. Ani offered her sight, possibly one of the greatest sacrifices a mother could make because she would not be able to see her child grow up. Noir offered her past, but more importantly the desire to win the djinn if he continued harming the innocent. What could he offer with no allies or items as payment?

Adrastos stared at his hands. His eyes were of little importance to him and were replaceable. His past was already gone, his original self forgotten in a thick, hazy fog. His life was expendable anyway in the grand scheme of things, and he treated the life of others like trash, mere pawns to be disposed of once their usefulness ended. He could sacrifice the djinn’s power as Noir did, but that wasn’t even a substantial sacrifice. He had the the dark vessel. Losing this djinn wouldn’t be a total loss. Perhaps the same could be said of Noir since she had Dantalion.

For once, the dark king was at a loss. The severity and weight of the decision brought before him made the magician crumble and fall to his knees. His silver locks cascaded over his shoulders, covering his face like a webbed curtain as his silver eyes stared stared at his hands. He could care less about the darkness that would destroy the world. If his goal could not be achieved, he was planning on doing the same thing. But… to have something else do the deed? Before he could even see if he dream could become a reality? Unacceptable.

The glasses resting on his nose slid down from their position. Glasses… Adrastos chuckled to himself. The sound was quiet, muffled. The only sign he was laughing was the movement of his shoulders. The magician probably looked like a madman with his sudden change in demeanor. There was only one thing he could offer as a sacrifice, and though not so different than the answer he gave to the Undertaker’s vision, it was not something he’d ever admit aloud. Adrastos’ snicker would steadily get louder, turning into what could only be described as maniacal laughter.

The dark king stood slowly, his back and head still bowed as he took the glasses off his face. As he stood upright, the spectacles slipped from his fingers to the ground, clattering to their new resting place. They wouldn’t last long though as they became crushed under the blue magician’s foot, cracking under the pressure. “You ask what I’d sacrifice?” He asked, his lips pulled into a sneer through the curtain of silver threads. “My answer will remain the same as when I faced that cursed woman in the dream: my existence. However, merely giving up my own life, my past, or my allies won’t mean a damn to me.”

Straightening his posture, the magician slid his hair back. There was a new fire burning in his eyes, and yet, deep within that blazing inferno resided a sensation of uncertainty and fear. “The greatest thing that I can sacrifice is the truth of me, the truth of my existence.” He sighed. “I’ll admit, I wanted to play this game for awhile longer…” Adrastos felt the eyes of his cat staring at him. “My name is Adrastos Thanatos. Neo Mortem has always been a cover. The good doctor helping the innocent was created to be just a facade…” His smile fell. There were some good memories, he’d admit, but in the end, the original purpose of Neo Mortem was to throw people off the scent. “I don’t believe in fate; it’s more dark than those fallen into depravity. Sickening… To let things just happen merely because it’s meant to be…” How he wished he could explain his goals, his dreams to them, but… “None of them would understand,” he muttered to himself. Looking up at the djinn, the dark king clenched his fists together. “I’d relinquish my secrecy and expose myself,” he repeated, “everything about me and what I’ve done, to the world. If that means I become a target to those that can’t comprehend the vision I see for a better world, then so be it, but I will not falter no matter what to realize my goals. Nothing will stand in my way, not even the darkness you speak of.”

His personas, his actions, his organizations… He’d exposed it all, the greatest sacrifice he could ever make if it meant he could stand a chance. He’d prevail. Adrastos would make sure his objections would see the light of day.

WORD COUNT: xxx/xxx
MAGOI: 480/480
STAMINA: 200/200

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

To find what it is to be a king. That was the simple answer that Gamigin had given Zubaidah to her question on her validity to be a king herself. To know a king is to know what it is to be a king. That was the simple response that Zubaidah would give to Gamigin as he challenged her to find her own conclusion.

‘I apologise for my earlier rudeness,’ Zubaidah had returned to her usual calm and composed self as she bowed her head in respect and spoke in quiet word heard only by Gamigin, ‘I did not fully think through my choice words due to the influence of my emotions, and so I wish now to approach this again with a clear mind. Your answer is wise and I intend to follow through with your offer to find my own path which will lead me to my own conclusion on what it is to be a king. As such, if it were possible, I would ask three favours.’

‘I ask firstly for a way to guide me to destiny. Second, for a weapon to help me in on my way. And as a third favour, to observe these proceedings to understand the qualities these individuals have which would make a king.’

To sacrifice one’s body for their beloved people, that must be what it was to be a king. But would that not leave their people without a light to shine the way for them? To sacrifice one’s sight for their grand vision, that had to be what it was to be a king. But would that allow them to see into the bright future which they wanted? What was a king. That was what Zubaidah wished to find out. To help her own two kings, she would have to know what qualities they possessed which drove them.

To sacrifice one’s past, memories, reason was akin to give up that which made up any conception of coherent existence. By giving up their existences for the power to change the dim present into a bright future, they placed their own destinies on the line; that would forsake their destinies for the bright future, that was the quality of a king.

————

Gamigan The Chamber [Kill Viable/Dungeon] - Page 2 Xaj4qc7

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t8587-zubaidah-s-vault#46460

Solomon's Proxy

Solomon's Proxy
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

Before the answers from the candidates would come out the djinn would offer to Zub her prize. He would offer her a beautiful red halberd which seemed to be adorned with blue gems on the side of the blade. The weapon was rather long at 9m.

"This weapon shall help you through any troubles you find. With it's power you can clear the path for any king, whether it be another or one day yourself. As for your journey, you'll find the answers when you go to sleep once again. There you will also find power within yourself. You ride an interesting path with your ways and views on fate. You're more than welcome to sit and watch with me as these kings speak."

The Djinn's eyes and ears would shift between the contestants as they made their declarations. The Djinns empty expression was focused on seeing the dedication of each person. None choosing to sacrifice their possessions that he held, or the life of their companions or beasts. They understood the lives of others weren't their's to bet, and that more than objects were at stake.

His arms would remain folded as he paid attention to each of the actions. Trently's brave offer of everything he was. It was a good answer, he had the right heart, he answered how he fought, at least to Gamigan. Noir's offer of herself was hefty as well. Her past, her dreams, her desire to even win the djinn itself. She was a willing person for the cause.

Ani chose to take action unlike the others of the group, showing that she was willing to sacrifice. He doubted no one in the room, but her action was decisive. Another interesting choice of action was made, instead of action to sacrifice something physical or only words to fight the darkness, he sacrificed part of his identity.  He revealed that he wasn't a wholly good man, it was conflicting but djinn felt respect towards the man.

Once everyone had gotten their words out the djinn would close his eyes for a moment, it was brief. While closed the djinn would take a deep breath, exhaling ending the silence, and cracking his eyelids open with a slight laugh.

It was a soft laugh, Gamigan would address the contenders once again, with a bolstering voice this time around, bouncing off the walls in a proud tone. He rubbed each forehead slightly with different forefingers on his multitude of arms. "Time and time again in this dungeon you have all showed me your skill, your tenacity. I may be only leaving with one of you, it's a shame I may never actually see any of you again.

He would pause before continuing back into his address "You all gave wonderful answers, I have no doubt when the time comes you'll be willing to sacrifice what you need to. There's no need to sacrifice your past however,  it's fine to give your whole, but your memories are important, make sure to hold onto those, I can't take them, and in death, no one can steal you from others. Innocents are going to die, a good king never forces them too but suffers along with them. I believe that the best king fights to sacrifice with his people, and sacrifice more so they don't have to. To offer a kindness, to offer their warmth. To take the action, to be Martyr, your mind, your cause does matter, you can sacrifice your body but don't let them take who you are, for that's how they truly win."

After his speech on the matter, the djinn would give his answer finally. "The person out you I believe to take the course of action best to wield my power would be the Immuchak Ani. A good leader does not need to see to make a difference, or to guide. Willing to fight with a world, for people that she will never get to see again. I shall grant you my power but you will be stuck like this, visionless as a testament to it. "

Before choosing to go to his vessel he would speak out to the rest of the dungeon divers. His eyes seemed to gleam almost, his eyes shining through in their dull look.

"Noir, I can see your determination, I see why Dantalion chose you, I expect that even without my aide you'll be fine, your dedication is sure to bring in others.  You are going to be a great king, I wish to leave my Dragon with you. I don't want to see him gone and I'm sure you'll take good care of him."

His voice would then speak to Trently "Your journey is only beginning boy, you seem live very much by your heart. I respect that, I see who you are after watching carefully and you have my admiration. I was looking for my own type of Hero, I believe you'd be able to do it. Keep aiming for dungeons, each djinn is different, we all united under a unique man.  You sure are unique yourself, make your mark, you're smart to make sure when you give that all that you're willing that the time for your sacrifice is right, don't give up in a fight in which a death says or does nothing. It's something I've seen many young folks do, I don't wish for it to happen to another. Take this blade, it was one of my closest lieutenants." He would hand the blade to the boy.

Finally, towards the dark magician himself, Gamigan had plenty of words for this man. "You showed proper action, your views on fate are unique. Often when I have found ones with the same dark energy that will come for us. You wield a power close to mine, I can sense it, there's another in this dungeon whose been close, honestly he's the closest to living djinn I've seen in this world. I'm not sure there's much I can give you since I have chosen a master. I still believe you can make a change, you are a weird being, fate is no simple determined thing but mold to be fit, and altered slightly, people like you often are the biggest anomalies. So I will give you the ability to read the language of my people, the language of the Torran. I also give you this scroll, open once you are alone. I wonder what you'll do with it's knowledge." He handed him a long cylinder tube which was capped at both ends. it was sealed shut maybe that's why he mentioned what it was so it wouldn't be carelessly opened.

Once word had been met and the prizes had been given Gamigan would wave his hand a portal appearing in the field. They would be able to leap out, who knows how much time had gone by. The room would begin to shake, the entire dungeon was going to fall apart. As things began  the djinn would speak towards the blind winner, his last words as he would fly into the vessel of her choice.

""Prove my choice was a good one, that your sacrifice was a smart one.""

DM notes: Zub we will talk about the first part of your wish as I'm unsure what to give you for that and we will work it out. Halberd is down below.

Noir I will give you the code for the dragon within the week, it's gonna need some balancing and double checking after I finish there version for you.

Zub's Prize:

Trently's Prize:

Trently

Trently
A-Tier
A-Tier

Gamigan The Chamber [Kill Viable/Dungeon] - Page 2 26805_1_2

And thus the saga comes to an end.

In his mind, his body was the best sacrifice to give as well as the kindest no doubt. Yet, it had failed him. Why? He was sacrificing his body for others but that was not good enough..? The boy could feel his fingers tremble, and sweat profusely. His eyes wide in shock of who the man had chosen as the fated user of his powers. The imposing aura he was overcome with had vanished like a leaf in the wind, in exchange for a waterfall of sadness and self hatred.

"I... failed!"

Tears from his face dripping onto the golden meadow, he fell to his knees in sorrow. Uncontent with his actions and choices during the dungeon, he was denied the vessel of the man to wield. It hurt him harder than he himself had ever imagined it would. He was trying his very best with all his heart, but even that did not suffice.

"... I apologise ..."

It could not be helped. He really put his heart and soul into the war and this dungeon with no time to rest. From the very start of his journey, he tried his damned best, and you know what? That is all he had to do. The act of doing is a true product of trying your best. Yet the product may not be certain to attain, it will be with the continous effort put in to achieving it, thus then doing it at last. Rising up from the ground, Trently stood tall, emboldened by the pains of failure. He wiped his wet face and bowed his head in apology for the tears he shed. Staring at the hero, the Djinn begun to talk to him. The last words of the blue man left an impact on him that filled him with an undying inspiration, and an unwaverable spirit that amplified his vigor, fueling his human engine to go into hyperdrive. The sword of magic received, he thanked Sir Gamigan.

"I will not falter from this! I thank you for the blade!"

Roared the titanium armed hero, being invigorated by his pain like he often is. A glance over at the victor, Ani, he clenched his fist tightly and vowed to improve upon his self. She had gouged out her eyes and offered them as a sacrifice, proving her convictions. The blood stained on her clothes, the pants of agony, she was visibly in terrible pain from sacrificing her eyes. Ani won Gamigan.

"I shall try and do better, Sir, with all my being! I promise!"

A well up of emotion erupting from inside him, he let it all out in these final words of his, bidding a farewell to the Djinn, Gamigan.

A leap into the portal, he rushed out.

~FIN~

The journey was only beginning, indeed. He hit the age of an adult just recent. His life had yet to truly begin, but now it has. From his humble start in the fishing nation known as Balbadd, to his long sea voyage that took him to Reim, home of the brave gladiators; he came quite the long way with still much to discover and encounter.

To then the day he met Zadi, a man he looked up to. Yet with the news of the civil war brewing, he were to drop his adventure. Making a return back to home, the famed Empire of Kou, he fought in the civil war valiantly with a just heart that shined as if golden..!

WORDCOUNT: 580

OOC Notes: Posted on mobile. Farewell, Gamigan.

Magic Items:

In Large Backpack:
Heroic

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Watching yet another who traveled the path of fate obtain the power of the djinn made Adrastos tingle with rage. Of course he was rejected in favor of her. Those like him… they didn’t deserve the power of dungeon dwellers. How could he have thought he had a chance? Maybe he could have… if he had killed them earlier. The silver eyes of the dark king narrowed at the now blind Imuchakk. Blood stained her cheeks like crimson tears and dripped from the very thumbs she used to gouge into her eye sockets. She’d find another way to see, there was always another way. Still, it pleased the magician to see her in such a weakened state before being bestowed the power of a djinn. But… Clenching his fists together, Adrastos wondered if it was worth it. After failing to prove himself to Gao with that machine and now this… Which side did she even fight for? She didn’t look the type to support Gao, meaning she aligned more with Yoshiro. Disgusting. She was disgusting. He was disgusting.

Even more disgusting was the way Trently responded to his loss of power. However, the dark king couldn’t but seethe as the words of the djinn resonated to him. Perhaps the speech only irked Adrastos more, he wasn’t sure. He acknowledged the magician, saying he showed proper action, and yet it wasn’t proper enough for the djinn’s power? What exactly was the proper action he took? However, perhaps not all was a lost cause. The djinn, despite choosing the handicapped Imuchakk, bestowed the gift of knowing the language of Alma Torran along with a sealed scroll. Perhaps the knowledge in the scroll would make up for the loss of the djinn.

Adrastos narrowed his eyes. His fingers gingerly caressed the black metal of the crown he wore: a power close to the djinn and yet not like his. Even if this was the first dungeon the magician entered to grab the djinn, he wondered if any djinn would choose him. His darkness, his depravity, seemed to nullify everything he did. Why else would the djinn acknowledge and reject him in the same breath?

“Just further proof of this twisted world we live in,” Adrastos murmured while mounting. Looking at Ani, he wondered if he could kill her. Then the djinn would have no vessel. With this domain collapsing, what would happen to the djinn? Waste of time and resources… The idea was still only slightly tempting solely because he hated seeing the rise of another tied to Fate. However, with no djinn, there was no need to reveal himself any further than he had. Even if these people told other about him, many would doubt their words. The ‘good’ Adrastos achieved under the persona of Neo Mortem was strong.

Looking at the scroll in his hand, Adrastos snorted. He turned Sahara around as he headed into the portal. “Whatever is in this had better be worth the trouble,” Adrastos muttered right before touching the portal to be transported out.

[EXIT]

Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru
β-Tier
β-Tier

He wasn't really sure what was going on but it seems like the blue hair girl who took out her eyes won the power of the djinn. He was not really sure what that all meant. He was still adapting to his new body. He was glad he went into this dungeon. Halfway through he was feeling weak and pathetic but maybe he can find a way to use this new body to become stronger like noir. He wasn't sure if he could get stronger but he had to. And now there was a lot about this world he wanted to know now. He wanted to know more about this previous world and yo maybe even get his own djinn. But for now he needed to bring this money back to his Family. Mars should be happy with this. He smiles as he exits the dungeon.

Noir Ecryola

Noir Ecryola
Ω-Tier
Ω-Tier

It seemed she had lost her chance to get Gamigan's aide, but the black haired girl was not disappointed at all. There was no regret, no sadness nor hatred hidden within her expressionless canvas. It was just another step for her, something that was already braided in the path of her fate and what lies in the end of the knot was unknown, so she could only move on and believe in herself. It was such a nice extra though when the Djinn said that she could have the dragon, although she wondered how she could train such vicious creature that almost killed them. But she couldn't hide her excitement as well as her heart was beating fast, wondering what kind of adventure that her new companion would bring. She only gave a nod towards the Djinn, acknowledging what he said without any complaints or whatsoever.

The magician would see the other exiting through the portal one by one and after Sesshomaru with his new form as a dungeon beast exited as well, Noir decided that it was time for her and her companion to move as well. "Let's go back together." She would say to both Haku and Shousui before going through the portal together.

Ani

Ani
A-Tier
A-Tier

It felt a bit awkward at first in the silence after she had blinded herself, she couldn't see and as she waited she had kept biting into her lower lip, almost breaking the skin before stopping as she had tried to focus in on the sounds and what Gamigan was saying. Besides the words that he had spoken, as well as the others it was a bit hard hearing too much beyond that as the pain still seared across her face. Talking about what he desired in a king addressing each of their answers, or rather what they had chosen to sacrifice for the chance at his power. When he paused, so did her heart as the answer never sure until it was properly revealed.

When her name was clearly spoken she felt herself suddenly ease up for a moment, not that she had forgotten about the pain or that it was gone, but instead she felt a sense of relief for a second. "Ahaha... I'll have to say there's a few people who may wanna hear about this." She joked wincing a bit as more blood had begun to drip from the side of her face, as her chosen vessel, the bell on her ear was ready to accept the djinn. "Let's hope this thing rings in good tides."

The blood kept dripping as if her eyes had been agitated, but within moments it was obvious as the salty drops of crimson tears dropped against the ground and the slight sobs that escaped her mouth as she moved forward with a few large steps, she was crying. It was a bit overwhelming if she had to be honest, the pain, the completion of a long-awaited promise from her first experience with a king candidate, to her knowing that she would never see her son grown up even if she found solace in knowing she'd always be able to sing for him and to hear his own sweet voice as he aged, and also a bit of pride for when she'd show her men back at the fort.

As Gamigan had chosen to reside in her bell-earring she would try to find her child and beast, whistling for them to come to her with Kor and to help her mount them. Answering his sentiment to herself as she squeezed her child closely to herself, embracing him as her sobs had slowly stopped as she composed herself. "I won't let you down, for you, him, and everything done here and yet to come."

It was time to leave and her beasts would likely know how to leave from the obvious portal, but there was one last thing she had to say. There was a fellow dungeon diver in there that she had been in one dungeon with already and whom she had lost to. Before either of them would leave she would call out one thing to her. "You have won one, and now I did as I told you I would, I have won, let us meet again in hopes to spar with each other as conquerors of dungeons!"

With her final words, she urged Dragotsennyy to move towards the portal to leave this dungeon and to concern herself with the near future, so she could put her larger plans into motion. First her eyes, then her training, and then she and her raiders needed to concern themselves with their mission.

Details: Exiting the dungeon.

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Her cranberry smile softened as Zubaidah saw the woman with a crimson-covered face receive the blessing of the blue-skinned giant. As she observed Gamigin’s grey eyes close, his great torso breaking into white rukh, she thanked him for the opportunities he had given her.

‘I will use these favours to straighten my twisted path so I may make the world yet better. If that straightened path happens to lead onto the role of a king, I will resolve to take hold of that power. But that is not my current path.’

Her cranberry smile faltered as Zubaidah thought on the pale-skinned man who had engaged the scarlet-haired berserker in combat. As she tucked a loose strand of purple hair behind her ear, she thought in the advice which the three-headed spirit had offered her.

‘My current path is to assist a wayward king return to the straightened path of bettering the world. His twisted path has strayed from the role of a king, which he is using for the wrong reasons. You have opened my eyes; I must change him with my own power.’

Her cranberry smile delivered a farewell even as Gamigin’s blue skin dissolved into white rukh and began to descend towards the purple-haired woman.

‘It seems our paths will depart from one another… How strange, I approached you as a raging enemy and yet I leave you as a thankful friend. If such a great understanding can be achieved by us in such a short time, surely I can have my dear Jynx understand me…’

‘Ah, yes. My dear Jynx… It seems our paths will cross once more. But one of those two paths will end quite soon.’

————

Gamigan The Chamber [Kill Viable/Dungeon] - Page 2 Xaj4qc7

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t8587-zubaidah-s-vault#46460

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum