3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Zuzu Mansur

Zuzu Mansur
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sorry to bother, I usually keep myself away from these sorts of discussions as what I have to say may feed fuel to the fire of hatred such as the one that is encircling this topic, but I feel I should show where my stance is on one particular part of this.

I have noticed in the heated arguments occurring on the main server that a recurring concern that members raised was Jahangir’s presence in the Necroplis. This is of importance to me, so my addressing this could be seen as selfish, as both Jahangir and Zubaidah were from the same Midway thread. But the point I have come here to raise is this:

I did not post Zubaidah touching the Gate in the Midway thread, but chose to do so in the Necropolis - yet this is accepted as viable. Jahangir was posted as touching the Gate in the Midway thread some time ago, yet it is not accepted as viable when after more than two days for no Proxy to arrive, he decides to put forwards Jahangir into the Necropolis thread. I see this to be troublesome as it makes no logical sense that Jahangir would not be allowed to move into said thread after no Proxy post responded to his previous postings.

I have personal opinions on the other points raised regarding this, but I have discussed them with others on the main chat and through private messages - including my reservations on the power of his passive, my frustrations with the historical inaccuracies of gender inequality and why watermelons taste too watery when they come from Spain - but I feel that is fuel for the fire, and not something I wish to add.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

I will start by stating I'm not really sure what is going on to the fullest of it's extend but as the person who created his djinn passive-- it is something I can defend.

I do not know if it is under re-evaluation but how a few individuals are reacting to this situation (from what I've seen), I want to stress that it is a passive that aligns within the rules.

I can understand if it isn't worded correctly but I will be kind enough to break it down for you all.

This is the passive:

Within this form, the user is surrounded by an intense field of gravity that radiates 30m out from his body that moves with them. The initial intensity of this field causes all objects within to feel pressure on their knees and back, they are reduced by a full tier of speed. If the target has C tier strength, they will immediately fall to a kneeling position and only be able to move their upper body. Every 4 posts, the field will pulsate, causing unbearable pressure upon the knees and back that is so great that their speed has diminished to more than half of what it was. If the target has B tier strength, they will fall to a kneeling position and only be able to move their upper body. Any lower and they will be in a deep bow. This effect lasts for 3 posts. The effect will cancel if those effected are not within range of the passive.

This is an Omega Tier passive belonging to a Djinn Equip. It is different from his Weapon Equip but it functions similarly. This should have been legal within the systems.

I was an Admin at the time and I remember clearing this information with an older member. This was either Duquin or Vardreth as I can't imagine it being anyone else. However, I can not find logs to validate this information. I only have my memory.

So, let's break this bad boy down:

1.) It has a radius of 30 meters that surrounds the user and is (D) allowed to move with him.

2.) (A) The field will pulsate every 4 posts and generate it's effect. (D) Those within will be reduced a full tier of speed but if they have D tier speed, they will be just be effected by fluff.

If the player has up to C Tier strength, they will fall to their hands and knees in a bowing position.

If the player has B tier strength, they will fall to their knees and only be able to move their upper body.

Those with A tier strength will be unaffected by this specific function but they are still effected by the speed nerf since it's been established that speed does not equal strength traits.

3.) The effect lasts for 3 posts so there is a 1 post gap in which people can move. If he moves away from a player and causes them to go out of range of his aura, they will be able to stand once more.

My comments:

It is somewhat balanced and follows the rules to my knowledge. It has it's strengths and weaknesses.

It has 2 D Tier and 1 A Tier functions which I labeled. It has duration matching an A Tier standard and the effect only lasts up to a B Tier standard. All in all, it doesn't even equate to Omega Tier even if you bump up one of the D Tier functions which neither of them are even A Tier.

Think about it, since he used it in the dungeon, I would assume the room isn't 30 meters wide. If it is, so be it. But if he moves between targets to attack them, some players could fall out of range because the circle moves with him. Those with A tier strength can rescue those who are weaker.

I can support a nerf or two but I would like to discuss it with whoever is in charge of that. However, I would suggest Duquin to look this over since I feel he is the most knowledgeable and I trust him.

The main nerf I could get behind is the size of the range. To get a reference of how large 30 meters is... the statue Christ the Redeemer is 30 meters tall. However, I do feel it's not needed to nerf this at the moment.

Does this passive need to be reworded? Yes. I was smoking the hottest crack when I wrote that for some odd reason so here is my revision:

Code:
Within this form, the user is surrounded by an intense field of gravity that radiates 30m out from his body that moves with them.

Every 4 posts, the field will pulsate, causing unbearable pressure upon the knees and back that is so great that their speed has diminished a tier below what it was. Those with D tier speed will find themselves having difficulty lifting their legs and may not run.

If the target has B tier strength, they will fall to a kneeling position and only be able to move their upper body. Any lower and they will be in a deep bow. Those higher will feel the pressure but will be able to power through it.

This effect lasts for 3 posts and those who are or end up outside the circle are instantly unaffected by the passive.

I have more comments on what Jahan has stated in his main post but I will create another post just to break this up.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

On the topic of METAGAMING--

It is really simple to say that I don't think Jahan is meta-gaming on purpose. Even if he was doing it on purpose, his character's personality allows him to.

As a character, Jahan is dumber than a box of bricks at times and will literally fight anything to assert his dominance / rule over everyone. He truly believes he is a BIG DEAL and he likes to prove that to people.

There is 100% no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to run up in there, djinn equip, and flex on people.

You can come up with 1,000 reasons why he shouldn't be able to do that but I'll stand by my opinion. We all have knowledge on each other's characters. Nothing is a secret OOCly and you can throw the meta-gaming claim out at anyone.

On the topic of CHILDREN--

I am very adamant on my opinion that despite the comedy of it, a baby should not be in a dungeon. It is a serious event and not a casual joke thread. Players can die.

While I'm not trying to say everything needs to be serious, the child should have been threatened at some point and it has not.

I do not care if Ani does not want the child killed, it is not "mother's rights". She chose to bring that child into a kill-viable thread. If her character can be killed without permission, so can her NPC. It is in the rules.

And as Staff, you are required to set an example for your members and you should be following your own site rules.

If I brought my character's child NPC into the dungeon, I would expect him to be attacked and challenged. Although he is a Fanalis, he is incredibly unstable and not as strong as Diana or Pluto.

I would not bring him in because he is only around 6 years old and I would not want an important plot device perish because I wanted to joke about how my child survived a dungeon.

All in all, feel free to joke around. It's very funny that a baby is in a dungeon, I get it. However, there is a time to be serious about it and follow the rules that were made for kill viable threads. Characters are not off limits nor should NPCs be off limits.

That's all I can comment on with my current knowledge.

/endthreadfordiana

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum