You are not connected. Please login or register

I am replacing Reaper magic and New Trait

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

Sandstorm Magic [Strength+Wind]: [Restricted: (Founder: Lestacia) Permission to use: Free To use]
Sandstorm Magic combines the elements of Strength and wind to speed up the process of erosion by crushing them with high powered winds and force.

Whenever a Sandstorm Magic Spell is casted the Weather takes an Immediate Shift and becomes a Sandstorm Surrounding 10m's around the Caster for a single post. Reducing vision range to 5m.

-----

Glass Magic [Heat+Strength+Wind]: [Restricted: (Founder: Lestacia)(Permission to use: Free TO Use]
Glass Shard Magic focuses on using the sand created by crushing rocks from the force of Strength. The sand is heated up by heat Magic, cooled by the surrounding air temperature and broken apart once more by Strength Magic. The Glass formed is in fact inherently dangerous upon contact with the body.

If hit with a glass magic spell, the person hit by the spell is affected with a bleed that deals a minor D-tier damage every turn until they are healed.

---

Diamond Dust Magic [Strength+Heat+Life]: [Restricted: (Founder: Lestacia) Permission to use: Restricted (Lestacia)]
Diamond Dust Magic uses strength to gather surrounding earth and life to kill the plants inside said earth. The Strength magic is then used to create intense pressure to create coal and then Heat Magic is used to complete the process of forming the pressurized coal into a diamond. The Diamond is Broken up into minuscule pieces to form the Diamond Dust. When an ability using this magic type is used, leftover dust coats a weapon or staff of the user's wishing for two posts. It protects the object from C-tier damage before falling apart. It takes two posts for the diamond dust to be built back up between abilities.

Last edited by Lestacia on 26/02/18, 10:24 pm; edited 11 times in total

──────────────────────────────────────────────

I am replacing Reaper magic and New Trait 6ouumjD

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

Also because @ariel Brought this up My training for B-tier Magician was already done but It hadn't been changed I guess.....

https://magiworld.forumotion.com/t9220-the-legendary-garden-amnesia-training-social#49739

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

The trait cannot be approved as it is. I'll list the reasons why and if it can be modified into something acceptable:

• Not all magic can be used to create armor around Lest. Sound, Fire, and Light for example, would hurt you or fail. You need to specify which magic type in particular. At D-tier, I would say only one magic type can be used - maybe two.
  • A D-tier trait may not protect you from C-tier damage.
  • You need to state that the armor "breaks" after receiving D-tier damage.
  • Magic will always require Magoi to be cast.
  • As a Magician, you already have a Borg. If you want to make something similar to the Imuchakk Racial trait, I advise getting a physical class.
  • Also, because the trait is no longer related to the magic combos, please move it to a separate thread.

Moving on to the Sandstorm Magic, here is the official grading on it:

• This magic combo can't be restricted because it's fairly obvious that using Strength to crush rocks into sand and then blowing it into a storm will make it into a sandstorm. If accepted, it'll be classified as an open magic combo.
  • There's a difference between moving through a sandstorm and walking through sand that is feet high. Sand blowing in your face is not going to make it that much harder to move - just to see. As such, this combo cannot double the costs of stamina abilities.
  • I recommend making this a free to use combo that restricts your eyesight and makes it harder to breath as fluff.

Finally, here's the grading on the Glass Magic.

• Change the Lightning to Heat. If you won't, then update the magic combo to state that it makes Fulgurite, which is different from regular glass shards.
  • Like the Sandstorm Magic, this is fairly obvious enough that if accepted it'll be classified as free to use. Glass-making has been around for a long time.
  • Refraction doesn't turn light into a circular aoe, it just changes its direction. Furthermore, the glass shards have to be big enough and the light has to hit the glass at a specific angle.
  • You need to give a post cap on the bleeding.
  • I recommend changing this to a free to use magic combo. It causes D-tier damage over two posts and light beams will change direction if they hit a big enough glass shard at an angle.

{ Alt Account: Amatus Laertes & Merari }

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

sorry had an idea wanted to see if it was doable

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sandstorm Magic

This is fine, in my opinion.

Glass Shard Magic

This bleed effect does way too much for not being an ability. It should be simplified to something like:

"If hit with a spell of this magic type, it will cause minor bleeding equivalent to D tier damage to the afflicted area until healed."

This should be changed to "Glass Magic" instead as you would / should be able to create different types of glass abilities with this.

Diamond Dust Magic

However while using this Magic the users currently equipped weapon, or Staff becomes Coated with Diamond Dust for 2 turns. As a result of Diamond being one of the hardest rocks known to man the weapon affected by this ability Diamond Edge. While in Diamond edge the affected weapon Doesn't take damage in clashes, Cannot be broken by any means except by other Diamond coated material or harder, and is treated as an A-tier weapon for 2 posts.

After the second post even if the user has cast a Diamond Dust Spell before, they must wait a minimum of 3 posts for the Diamond edge to reform around the equipped weapon. During this time one can switch weapons.

You may switch weapons while Diamond Edge is activated on the currently equipped weapon however it is still active
during your next two posts. So don't expect to be able to activate diamond dust 3 turns later. Diamond edg only works on one weapon at a time.

All of that above-- get rid of it. You turned this magic type into an ability. It does too much.

However, the concept of adding a diamond coat onto the staff used to cast this magic is fine. However, it would need to be restricted. It should only be able to coat the weapon in a single coat that prevents a single instance of C tier damage. It should take at least 2 posts to build back up in between.

I am replacing Reaper magic and New Trait 001
I am replacing Reaper magic and New Trait 002I am replacing Reaper magic and New Trait 003

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

edited

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

You're almost through, Lest. It's just that there's still an issue with Diamond Dust Magic.

Diamond Dust Magic [Strength+Heat+Life]: [Restricted: (Founder: Lestacia) Permission to use: Restricted (Lestacia)]
Diamond Dust Magic uses strength to gather surrounding earth and life to kill the plants inside said earth. The Strength magic is then used to create intense pressure to create coal and then Heat Magic is used to complete the process of forming the pressurized coal into a diamond. The Diamond is Broken up into minuscule pieces to form the diamond Dust.

This magic is more so used to  create impenetrable walls by gathering mass amounts of Diamond Dust. However while using this Magic the users currently equipped weapon, or Staff becomes Coated with Diamond Dust for 2 turns. As a result of Diamond being one of the hardest rocks known to man the weapon affected by this ability Diamond Edge.

While in Diamond edge the affected weapon Doesn't take damage when clashing with a C-tier or Lower Weapon. It Cannot be broken by any means except by C-tier or Higher Damage.

You may switch weapons while Diamond Edge is activated on the currently equipped weapon however it is still active
during your next two posts. So don't expect to be able to activate diamond dust 2 turns later. Diamond edge only works on one weapon at a time.

You didn't follow Diana's instructions. This is overly wordy for a Magic Combination. You can easily reduce that four paragraphs:

Code:
[center][b]Diamond Dust Magic [Strength+Heat+Life]: [Restricted: (Founder: Lestacia) Permission to use: Restricted (Lestacia)][/b][/center]
[i]Diamond Dust Magic uses strength to gather surrounding earth and life to kill the plants inside said earth. The Strength magic is then used to create intense pressure to create coal and then Heat Magic is used to complete the process of forming the pressurized coal into a diamond. The Diamond is Broken up into minuscule pieces to form the Diamond Dust. When an ability using this magic type is used, leftover dust coats a weapon or staff of the user's wishing for two posts. It protects the object from C-tier damage before falling apart. It takes two posts for the diamond dust to be built back up between abilities.

You don't have to go with what I have given above, but it's an indicator of what Diana expected when she asked you to change the magic type. Bump when you've edited your combination! <3

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

Edited

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

welp.
put an [/i] tag at the end of dat diamond dust magic please.

Lestacia

Lestacia
β-Tier
β-Tier

forgot to mention i did it

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

These are officially approved! I'll be updating them to the Magic System asap. I do want you to know, though, that you cannot use Glass Magic or Diamond Dust Magic yourself due to the fact that you do not have access to Heat Magic yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum