Dylan Peak
C-Tier
C-Tier

Job Name:Building a Shelter
Job Rank: D-tier
Job Location: Kou
Job Rewards: 50 xp / 3,000 Huang
Job Prerequisites: -
Job Overview: To ensure that neutral civilians don’t get involved in the civil war, some people have decided to build shelters, just in case. Help with the construction of the shelters but in the middle of the progress, you will encounter several street fighters who already choose sides making fun of the neutrals. They will pick a fight with you, beat them up so they wouldn’t go near the shelter anymore.

Enemies:

Dylan Peaks had finally arrived into the Kou area, such an area filled with strife was ripe for manipulation. It was always best to stand on the winning side, but it was also best to prolong a war as much as possible so he could possibly take more advantage of both sides, while they are at their weakest. Internal strife was the best distraction and a weaker Kou would be better for him in the long run, but besides the two warring factions, there was a third, impartial faction who wanted peace. To him, these people were ideal candidates for him to lord over. Those who were unwilling to stand by or form solid convictions about the matters around them were easy targets.

So for now, he would assist with the relief movement for those who wanted peace. This would be great two-fold, he could meet the kind and caring people who might be useful to him as well as endearing himself to the public. As he started by bringing the lumber with his minimal upper body strength, certain to hide his status as a magician despite the extra physical toil.

191/500

Last edited by Dylan Peak on 24/02/17, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Jingyi bent down and grabbed onto a piece of lumber and lifted it, her knees bending so the woman wouldn't strain her back as she did so. She stumbled back with the weight before straightening out and starting to carry the lumber over to the site.

Jingyi pursed her lips together as she whistled softly to herself, a soft smile on her face. She quickly set the piece down before turning around and heading around for another one.

"Hey, all of you!" Jingyi stopped at the shout, her eyebrows furrowing together as she turned to face the man who had yelled. He seemed to be a brute, chains wrapped around his hands and wearing ruffian clothes.

"Y'all are about to hand over your belongings, along with all this material!" The man called, a devious smirk on his face as he lashed his chains against the ground.

"Alright, who do these punks think they are?" Jingyi thought to herself as her hand drifted over to the hilt of Grasscutter. Her fingers wrapped around the hilt, her attention fixed on the street rat. Sure she was good, but getting whipped by the chain didn't seem like a fun endeavour. The shelter had to be built, and a single man shouldn't- no, it doesn't scare her!

"Likely chance, tough-guy!" Jingyi exclaimed as she drawn her sword, the rings lining its edge ringing at the action. She slashed it to the side before raising it, the tip of the curved blade pointing at the man.

251/500

Dylan Peak

Dylan Peak
C-Tier
C-Tier

Dylan couldn't lift any pieces of lumber by himself, with his frail physique. He had to work in a pair, holding one end of each log as his partner took the other end. However, he already noticed someone among those helping who was capable of completing the task on her own, with a smile on her face no less. In a charming, sweet naivety sort of way.

Nonetheless, he and a few of the others at the work site were startled with the threat of a chain-wielding ruffian. It was almost amusing to see. One could easily tell this type of person was all bark and no bite.The main surprise was when the woman had decided to challenge him head on. Assuming this was a job for those that hated violence, but she was quick to defend the people. Perhaps she was worth something after all.

Dylan dropped his lumber, completely forgetting about his partner, who cursed him out but dragged the lumber to the site for construction as Dylan retrieved his staff... a large farming scythe. Something he could easily hide in plain site. He followed behind Jingyi. "I think you meant, unlikely..." With that, he took a few steps forward as the street fighter raised his arm, sending the chain flying and whipping it down at Jingyi and Dylan.

*shiiiing

Dylan's borg materialized, fending off the chain with no damage as he took another step and lunged with his scythe, jabbing the ruffian in the neck, knocking him to the floor as he gasped for air.

He looked around and there seemed to be 3 more. Hoping to see this woman's mettle, he would only handle one more; a fighter with brass knuckles.

He took a step towards him, as the fighter would throw a sloppy punch in his direction, but Dylan Peak used his range advantage, sweeping his legs before he could even reach, and striking him with the blunt side of his scythe across the face to knock him out. He turned back to Jingyi, propping himself up with the scythe to see her work.

543/500+

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Jingyi paused at the man's comment, her orange gaze flickering over to him as her face flushed with embarrassment. She adamantly shook her head as she cleared her throat, "Of course I didn't mean that! I meant likely as in...sarcastically!" She exclaimed, head nodding in agreement with her own statement.

But when the thug attacked, Jingyi's eyes widen as she started to move towards the man so she could somehow block the attack, only freezing at the sight of his Borg. her eyes were wide- naturally for the warrior had never seen a Magician before, much less a Magician's Borg. It was only at the arrival of the other three thugs did Jingyi pull herself out of her stupor and pulled her attention away from his staff to look at the new faces.

Each ruffian was dressed similarly to the first, all in poor armour and malicious smiles. One bore a steel rod while his companions had only his fists. But the third wielded chains, the metal wrapped around his fists. Though, from the way he spun the chains around it was obvious he was more proficient in using them.

The man bearing only his fists rushed towards Jingyi, a yell escaping his lips as he thrust out his Sloppy Punch. Jingyi simply dug her heels into the ground and raised her sword, easily blocking the attack with Iron Guard. A proud smirk found its face on the woman's face as she watched the man stumbled back with a cry, no doubt in a flash of already fleeting pain from punching her sword.

"You'll need more than your fists to hurt me!" Jingyi boasted, her words followed by a quick laugh as she quickly shifted into her family's fighting style. Her feet spread apart, knees bending as her sword was outstretched and held with both hands in the Mamushi Stance. The man barely had time to throw up his defences before Jingyi lunged forwards to use Striking Cobra, her sword swinging in a diagonal arc and slashing through his meagre armour. He was sent back with another cry, his hand clasping at his torso, trying to clutch onto his wounded chest and ego.

It was at this moment that the other two thugs stepped forwards, their expressions darkening at their friend's plight. "Nice try, girly, but you'll need to fight better than that if you wanna defeat us!" Shouted the man with the steel rod as he swung it threateningly in front of him before rushing towards the red-haired warrior. The ruffian pulled to a stop as he neared Jingyi before he brought steel weapon over his head and swung it down in his attack, Painful Steel.

Meanwhile, the other man started to walk towards Dylan, wrapping more of his chains around his hands before thrusting a hand out. His fingers were wrapped around his weapon as he started to swing it, the chain swinging around as the thug prepared to use his signature move, Wiggling Chain.

WC: 518 + previous post = 769/500
Stamina Loss: Iron Guard (10) + Striking Cobra (10) = 20 total loss 145/165 stamina

Dylan Peak

Dylan Peak
C-Tier
C-Tier

Dylan Peak observed the womans posturing and stance. He wasn't particularly familiar with any stances but he definitely found this one to be unique, much more than intention and focus than just a street thug trying to wield a sword. Her blocking technique was superb, easily parrying the strike, but what was even more impressive to him was her lunge where she took out another foe with a single strike, closing the gap quickly. It had seemed that the technique was enhanced by the tassel, which meant not only did her enemies need good focus to deal with her, but she must as well.

*shiing

The other thug came around striking his chain against his borg, while Dylan was distracted by the sword's display and he simply brought his scythe's unbladed end around to strike the guy, but was blocked by the chain. The chain would wrap around the pole of his scythe which he would swing it downwards as he swung the scythe tip simultaneously, clawing into the ground as the thug was in the ground, then kicking him across the face to finish him off.

He turned to the talented woman with a smile. "What do you call that thing? You're pretty good with it." He spoke out to Jingyi, now that the danger was over.

500+/500+

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Jingyi quickly leapt to the side, attempting to dodge Painful Steel but alas the woman wasn't quick enough. The edge of his rod caught on her side, the blow causing her to fall to the ground. But before the thug could deliver another blow she scrambled to her feet and whirled around. Her sword was swung forwards, its side lined in a row of rings clanging together as his rod caught against the curved blade. The woman then knocked it aside in a basic parry, the action causing her to stumble backwards.

Jingyi then quickly shifted back into the stance before starting to step around his heavy strikes. Her curved blade whipped back and forth, noisy ringing filling the air at the motion and leaving shallow cuts on the thug as the red tassel served its purpose to distract the thug. She continued to weave around the man using the beginning stages of Hypnotic Viper before finally jumping forwards. In a flash of steel, Grasscutter was swung in a diagonal slash, the attack sending the thug stumbling back with a cut across his torso.

With a playful smile, Jingyi jumped back to her original spot, smoothly falling back into stance as she raised Grasscutter and butted the hilt of it on the incoming opponent. The thug then fell to her feet in an obvious daze.

The red-haired warrior stepped back, letting the man get to his feet and limp away like a wounded cat. Jingyi sheathed Grasscutter as her hand wiped across her forehead to clear it of sweat. At Dylan's words, she turned to face him, orange eyes quickly looking over him for wounds before offering a pleasant smile.

"It's Grasscutter, a sword my dad gave me," Jingyi answered with a boastful smile, "And thank you, I would hope that all my training would let me wield this sword properly!" She added with a small laugh, her hand coming to rest on the hilt of her beloved sword. "Oh, I'm Jingyi Hou, by the way! You are?"

WC: 347 + 769 = 1116/500
Stamina Loss: -10/145 = 135 stamina remaining
Abilities Used:

Dylan Peak

Dylan Peak
C-Tier
C-Tier

Several sinister thoughts and purposes ran across his mind as he had finally met Jingyi. She was a great fighter, with a unique style. She also had the right qualities for a person for him to work with, and she was also a Kou native.

"You can call my Dylan Peak. I can tell you have a lot of respect for your father and yourself the way you swing that thing." He nodded in assurance as he began to close the distance, putting his hand on her left shoulder. "I'm not from around here, but I can tell you're a kind-hearted person. Doing this type of work is proof, so I'd feel safer if you could show me around a bit, especially amidst..." He paused to show a sense of concern for the situation in the country. "You know." He pretended as if even speaking about the war was taboo to make himself seem a bit more endearing and innocent.

500+/500+

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Jingyi's face flushed at what she took as compliments, her smile softening at his words. her gaze quickly flickered from his face to his hand and back to his face. Her eyebrows furrowed together as the normally loquacious woman silently listened to him. Her head slowly nodded, her mouth muttering a small "yeah". How couldn't she have known? Kou was wrapped up in turmoil, in war. A sad look overcame Jingyi's face as she thought of the damned civil war, the very reason she was here helping build the shelter.

The look was quickly replaced by a happier one, the corners of her lips perking back up into a smile as she looked at him. "I wouldn't mind showing you Kou..." She replied as her head tilted to the side in a manner not unlike to how a bird cocks its head.

If there was anything amiss about the man, anything that Jingyi had to be wary of, the woman didn't see it. Her naive way of trusting seemingly friendly strangers and her inexperience and ignorance of the world couldn't supply her with the foresight to look past anything beyond the innocent man's surface.

"But I'm afraid that'll have to happen after I finish this job, there is work that still needs to be finished, after all!" Jingyi suddenly exclaimed, dimples forming on her cheeks as her smile grew. "Though, I would greatly appreciate it if you told me more about what you've seen! You said that you would want to be shown around, which implies you're new to Kou, or at least this part of town, at least!"

WC: 500+/500
Abilities and Stamina Loss:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum