You are not connected. Please login or register

Even More Abilities for Jingyi

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Even More Abilities for Jingyi Empty Even More Abilities for Jingyi 15/07/17, 03:05 pm

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Shuangzi Wu
Tier: A
Class: Warrior
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have unrestrained use of their body and they must be dual-wielding swords.
Scaling: Hits; for every 10 Stamina invested, the user can insert an additional D-tier strike.
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 4 posts
Cost: 40 Stamina
Description:

Jingyi will make use of two blades and attack her foe with eight strikes, each dealing D-tier damage targeted at a weak point in the body (joints, jugular, elbows, knees, etc). Shuangzi Wu deals A-tier damage in total.

Sui-Shi-Ji
Tier: B
Type: Offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must be wielding a weapon that deals piercing damage (such as a sword, dagger, or spear) and they must have an unimpaired view of their enemy.
Scaling: Damage
Cool Down: 3 posts
Cost: 30 Stamina
Description:

The user grips their weapon with either one hand or both as they dig their heels into the floor. They then move into close proximity of their enemy and thrust skyward with their weapon, stabbing it into the area beneath their jaw/mouth. The user then steps back and pull on the weapon, wrenching away and down. The motion breaks the target's jaw and causes profuse bleeding from the mouth and tongue. By the downward pull, the user pulls their weapon free from the target and retreats a meter away. Sui-Shi-Ji deals B-tier damage unless scaled.

Bei-kun Zai Emeng
Tier: C-Tier
Type: Defensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: The user must have an unimpaired vision of an incoming attack and they must be dual-wielding swords. They must have enough room to move.
Cool Down: 3 posts
Cost: 30 Stamina
Description:

The user has two of their swords unsheathed as a *tangible attack comes towards them. They lift one sword and parry the attack off the surface of the blade before lowering their second sword and trapping the medium between both blades. The user then turns on their heel, dragging the attack and completely redirecting it away from their body. If the attack is a weapon trapped between the clutches of the sword that a person is holding onto, then the user will drag them as well, potentially tripping their balance. Once the attack is parried, the user will jump away and raise their swords to attack or defend themselves again. The user is able to parry up to C-tier worth of damage without scaling.

• *The attack must be tangible, such as a weapon or magical element such as earth, ice, a flame ball, etc

Static Wool
Tier: C-tier
Class: Beast Tamer
Type: Supplementary
Requirements/Drawbacks: Dullahan must be close enough to Jingyi to hear her; he must have an unimpaired view of the incoming attack.
Cool Down: 2 posts
Cost: 20 Stamina
Description:

Jingyi snaps her fingers as an opponent uses a lightning or static based ability capable of paralyzing a foe on either herself, Dullahan, or a closeby ally. Dullahan can then run up to 3 meters all around him to the target of Static Wool or remain stationary if it's for himself, but during this period he will release his own static among his wool. Any lightning-static attack that strikes Dullahan (whether he allows it to or if he jumps in front of it) will be counteracted by the static in his wool and disperse. Static Wool will absorb up to D-tier's worth of lightning-static damage while neutralizing static-based paralyzation.

• For every 10 Stamina invested, Dullahan can absorb an additional Tier worth of lightning-static damage
    • Static Wool will neutralize static-based paralyzation abilities used against Dullahan during its use.

Last edited by Jingyi Hou on 16/08/17, 11:52 pm; edited 13 times in total

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved

Code:
[center][b]Jawbreaker[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B
[b]Class:[/b] Warrior
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Short
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must be wielding a weapon that deals piercing damage (such as a sword, dagger, or spear) and they must have an unimpaired view of their enemy.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 3 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Stamina
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
The user grips their weapon with both hands as they dig their heels into the earth. They lunge into close proximity of their enemy and thrusts skyward with their weapon, stabbing it into the jaw of their target. They then wrench away and down, breaking their jaw before retreating a meter away. Jawbreaker deals B-tier damage unless scaled.[/list]

[center][b]Trapped in the Maw[/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must have an unimpaired vision of an incoming attack and they must be dual-wielding. They must have enough room to move.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage Defended
[list]
The user has both of their swords unsheathed as an attack comes towards them. They lift one sword and reflects the attack off the surface of their blade before lowering their second blade, trapping the attack between their two swords. The user then turns on their heel, dragging the attack and completely redirecting it away from their body. If the attack is a weapon trapped between the clutches of the swords, then the user will drag their opponent, potentially tripping their balance. Once the attack is redirected, the user will jump away and lift their swords. The attack must be tangible (such as a weapon or an element such as earth or ice). The user is able to defend up to B-tier damage without scaling.[/list]

[center][b]Twin Lotus Dance[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must have unrestrained use of their body, unimpaired vision of their foe, and they must be dual-wielding.
[list]
The user has both of their swords unsheathed as they weave and bob around an enemy. They strike horizontally with one sword and then sidesteps around a foe, turning on their heel as they swing their other sword again. They continue to weave around their foe, slashing horizontally with the original sword before stabbing forwards with the last sword. Each blow from their sword deals D-tier damage for a combined total of B-tier damage.[/list]

[spoiler="Abilities for Magic Weapons"]
[spoiler="The Skeleton Key"]
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/4oD5QtJ.jpg[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Skeleton Key
[b]Type:[/b] Magic Tool
[b]Magic Type:[/b] Illusion (Light + Sound)
[b]Appearance:[/b] A small, brass key that is useless as an actual key except for the most basic of locks. A length of 15CM, and a small flourish at the head and a single square tooth of 2CM. The magic circle is located on the tooth.
[b]Function:[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Fit Any Hand[/b] - By infusing magoi into the tool, it can create an illusory weapon or mundane object up to 2M long, with the key as its handle. This created weapon can interact with material objects, the weapon deal up to B-tier damage.  10 Magoi to activate | 5 Magoi to sustain.
[/list]
[/spoiler]

[center][b]Feint Out[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The Skeleton Key must be in the user's hand, and the magic function must be active.
[b]Cost:[/b] 15 Magoi
[list]
The user has the Magic Function activated, transforming the Skeleton Key into a weapon of their choice (restricted to swords, spear, or hammer for Feint Out). The user lunges forwards a meter and appears as if they are about to perform a slash attack with the Skeleton Key. At the last possible moment, they turn the blade of their weapon illusionary, allowing it to pass harmlessly. During the feint, the user then positions themselves behind their enemy and returns the Skeleton Key to a form of tangibility and stabs their opponent. The attack deals B-tier damage if connected.[/list]
[/spoiler]

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

have fun~

Code:
[center][b]Feint Out[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The Skeleton Key must be in the user's hand, and the magic function must be active.
[b]Cost:[/b] 15 Magoi
[list]
The user has the Magic Function activated, transforming the Skeleton Key into a weapon of their choice (restricted to swords, spear, or hammer for Feint Out). The user lunges forwards a meter and appears as if they are about to perform a slash attack with the Skeleton Key. At the last possible moment, they turn the blade of their weapon illusionary, allowing it to pass harmlessly. During the feint, the user then positions themselves behind their enemy and returns the Skeleton Key to a form of tangibility and stabs their opponent. The attack deals B-tier damage if connected.[/list]
[/spoiler]

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Due to the fact Skeleton Key is supposed to be a Magic Item and not a weapon, we're unfortunately going to have to un-approve Feint Out. As a sort of compensation for the trouble, here is 15,000 huang.

Also, I fixed the Skeleton Key code, so if you would kindly place this version in your vault, that'd be great!

Code:
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/4oD5QtJ.jpg[/img][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Skeleton Key
[b]Type:[/b] Magic Item - Key
[b]Magic Type:[/b] Illusion (Light + Sound)
[b]Appearance:[/b] A small, brass key that is useless as an actual key except for the most basic of locks. A length of 15CM, and a small flourish at the head and a single square tooth of 2CM. The magic circle is located on the tooth.
[b]Function:[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Fit Any Hand[/b] - By infusing magoi into the tool, it can create an illusory weapon or mundane object up to 2M long, with the key as its handle. This created weapon can interact with material objects, the weapon deal up to B-tier damage.  10 Magoi to activate | 5 Magoi to sustain.
[/list]

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Fixed and thank you!

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Sui-Shi-Ji, Shuangzi Wu, and Bei-kun Zai Emeng are Trapped in the Jaw, Twin Lotus Dance, and Jawbreaker respectively. They've been minorly tweaked with edits to names.

The rest are new abilities for Jingyi, with the ones in the spoiler codes are Magoi Manip. abilities that I'm slightly unsure of.

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I’m just grading your magoi manipluation + renamed abilities first. The rest of your abilities should be graded a bit later today, because I want to first discuss the concept of them with another member of staff. ^.^

--

Moshe Ke - This should work just fine, I don’t really see any issues with it. Curious though, what exactly do you mean by “If not hit by A-tier damage but instead magic (Example: a Djinn passive that melts through objects and people), then it will protect Jingyi from a singular hit from such magic.”? I understand that it protects Jingyi, but will the ability still shatter? It’s just a bit confusing to read, for me at least.

Sheji Mofa - Sadly, no this will not work. We originally planned on allowing for magoi manipulation to be thrown like this, but we ended up having a huge fight with Duquin about it. Which looking back at it now, he brought up some pretty good points on the matter. Anyways, the closest you could get to this exact ability..would be to somehow throw this exact shape with dirt or something. LOL It’s a bit on the silly side, but technically it’d work I think.

Sui-Shi-Ji, Shuangzi Wu, and Bei-kun Zai Emng are all approved for training! The code for them can be wound below:

Code:
[center][b]Sui-Shi-Ji[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must be wielding a weapon that deals piercing damage (such as a sword, dagger, or spear) and they must have an unimpaired view of their enemy.
[list]
The user grips their weapon with either one hand or both as they dig their heels into the floor. They then move into close proximity of their enemy and thrust skyward with their weapon, stabbing it into the area beneath their jaw/mouth. The user then steps back and pull on the weapon, wrenching away and down. The motion breaks the target's jaw and causes profuse bleeding from the mouth and tongue. By the downward pull, the user pulls their weapon free from the target and retreats a meter away. Sui-Shi-Ji deals B-tier damage unless scaled.[/list]

[center][b]Shuangzi Wu[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must have unrestrained use of their body, unimpaired vision of their foe, and they must be dual-wielding.
[list]
The user has both of their swords unsheathed as they weave and bob around an enemy. They strike horizontally with one sword and then sidesteps around a foe, turning on their heel as they swing their other sword again. They continue to weave around their foe, slashing horizontally with the original sword before stabbing forwards with the last sword. Each blow from their sword deals D-tier damage for a combined total of B-tier damage.[/list]

[center][b]Bei-kun Zai Emeng[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C-Tier
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must have an unimpaired vision of an incoming attack and they must be dual-wielding hook swords. They must have enough room to move.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage Defended
[list]
[list]
[*]The user has two of their swords unsheathed as a *[b]tangible[/b] attack comes towards them. They lift one sword and catch it in the hook part of their hook sword before lowering their second sword and trapping the attack between both blades. The user then turns on their heel, dragging the attack and completely redirecting it away from their body. If they attack is a weapon trapped between the clutches of the swords, then the user will drag their opponent, potentially tripping their balance. Once the attack is redirected, the user will jump away and lift their swords to attack or defend again. The user is able to parry up to C-tier damage without scaling.
[*]The attack must be tangible, such as a weapon or magical element such as earth, ice, flame ball, etc
[/list]
[/list]

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Rima Fahim
Oh! Yeah, it will break. Sorry that I didn't mention it. Hopefully fixed

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Mm, as stated before I’m going to hold off grading the A-Tier abilities for just the time being. However, I just now noticed Static Wool! So, I’ll grade that really quick for ya.

--

Static Wool - I think an ability like this is fair-enough, but don’t you think a trait would be a bit more productive? Not saying this doesn’t work just as well, and tbh it does save you a trait point. Ignore me XD. Anywho, this works but I think you should fix how the ending is worded a bit. It simply states “C-Tier’s worth of damage” I know it’s only meant to effect lightning damage, but it should most likely state that again.

As for Moshe Ke, I think that works totally fine! It’s something that’s written in the systems (which I’m assuming what you’re basing it off of), so there isn’t any issues with that. Approved for training!

Code:
[center][b]Moshe Ke[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] B-tier
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary/Defensive
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Jingyi must be stationary enough to concentrate on her Magoi and allow it travel around her body.
[b]Scaling:[/b] How many limbs are protected
[b]Cost:[/b] 30 Magoi
[list]
Jingyi stands still as she concentrates on her Magoi, imagining it flowing over a certain body part. As she does so, Magoi will manifest over said body part and coat it like a protective shell. For three posts, it will protect a single limb (either a single leg, arm, torso, or head) or weapon from A-tier damage. Upon hitting the A-tier threshold, the shell will shatter. If scaled, she can protect more parts of her body or include a weapon in the shell. If not hit by A-tier damage but instead magic (Example: a Djinn passive that melts through objects and people), then it will protect Jingyi from such damage, but it will still damage at the A-tier damage theshold.[/list]

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Rima Fahim
Yeah, it would be nice as a trait to save stamina, but I'm all out on trait points for poor Dulla lol. Plus, I don't think there'll be a lot of times where he needs to actually use such a trait/ability. It's there just in case ; )

Anyways, I removed the A-tier abilities and then I edited Bei-kun Zai Emeng and Static Wool. Shuangzi Wu was also recreated into a single A-tier move for Jingyi. I also find Moshe Ke's wording to be a bit iffy, so I wish to edit it a tiny bit. If you want, I can move Moshe Ke to a separate thread since it's the revamp form of an ability I already have?

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

So sorry for the delay on these, gonna try to get done with grading these as fast as I can. ^.^

Shuangzi Wu - Alright, so this is essentially combining 8 different D-Tier abilities in one. Since that’s the case, I think the first thing you should do is find someone to state this. Simply because I know a lot of people aren’t gonna want to fully-read through a long ability like this, y’know?

Static Wool - I noticed you lowered the damage down to D-Tier, is this to allow the anti-paralyzation part? I just wanted to make sure that’s what you had in mind, before I grade it.

Moshe Ke - I think it’d be best if you moved it to a separate thread, just to lessen the amount of confusion. XD

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

@Rima Fahim
No problem! The delay is completely understood! Thank you for getting back to these.

Alright, I cut down on Shuangzi Wu's description to just mention eight D-tier strikes that equal A-tier damage. And yes, I intend for Static Wool to absorb D-tier worth of static or electric damage and neutralize electric or static based paralyzation. Also, Moshe Ke is officially moved to a separate thread to deal with.

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Aha, there we go! This'll be much easier for others to understand, and tbh it gives you more options in battle.~ I approved both Shuangzi Wu and Static Wool for training.

Code:
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must have unrestrained use of their body and they must be dual-wielding swords.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Hits; for every 10 Stamina invested, the user can insert an additional D-tier strike.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 Stamina
[list]
Jingyi will make use of two blades and attack her foe with eight strikes, each dealing D-tier damage targeted at a weak point in the body (joints, jugular, elbows, knees, etc). Shuangzi Wu deals A-tier damage in total.[/list]

Code:
[center][b]Static Wool[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C-tier
[b]Class:[/b] Beast Tamer
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Dullahan must be close enough to Jingyi to hear her; he must have an unimpaired view of the incoming attack.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Stamina
[list]
Jingyi snaps her fingers as an opponent uses a lightning or static based ability capable of paralyzing a foe on either herself, Dullahan, or a closeby ally. Dullahan can then run up to 3 meters all around him to the target of Static Wool or remain stationary if it's for himself, but during this period he will release his own static among his wool. Any lightning-static attack that strikes Dullahan (whether he allows it to or if he jumps in front of it) will be counteracted by the static in his wool and disperse. Static Wool will absorb up to D-tier's worth of lightning-static damage while neutralizing static-based paralyzation.[list]
[*]For every 10 Stamina invested, Dullahan can absorb an additional Tier worth of lightning-static damage
[*]Static Wool will neutralize static-based paralyzation abilities used against Dullahan during its use.
[/list]

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved!

Code:
[center][b]Sui-Shi-Ji[/b][/center]
[list]
The user grips their weapon with either one hand or both as they dig their heels into the floor. They then move into close proximity of their enemy and thrust skyward with their weapon, stabbing it into the area beneath their jaw/mouth. The user then steps back and pull on the weapon, wrenching away and down. The motion breaks the target's jaw and causes profuse bleeding from the mouth and tongue. By the downward pull, the user pulls their weapon free from the target and retreats a meter away. Sui-Shi-Ji deals B-tier damage unless scaled.[/list]

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Jingyi Hou

Jingyi Hou
A-Tier
A-Tier

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved!

Code:
[b]Tier:[/b] A
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must have unrestrained use of their body and they must be dual-wielding swords.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Hits; for every 10 Stamina invested, the user can insert an additional D-tier strike.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 4 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 40 Stamina
[list]
Jingyi will make use of two blades and attack her foe with eight strikes, each dealing D-tier damage targeted at a weak point in the body (joints, jugular, elbows, knees, etc). Shuangzi Wu deals A-tier damage in total.[/list]

Approved!

Code:
[center][b]Static Wool[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C-tier
[b]Class:[/b] Beast Tamer
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Dullahan must be close enough to Jingyi to hear her; he must have an unimpaired view of the incoming attack.
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Stamina
[list]
Jingyi snaps her fingers as an opponent uses a lightning or static based ability capable of paralyzing a foe on either herself, Dullahan, or a closeby ally. Dullahan can then run up to 3 meters all around him to the target of Static Wool or remain stationary if it's for himself, but during this period he will release his own static among his wool. Any lightning-static attack that strikes Dullahan (whether he allows it to or if he jumps in front of it) will be counteracted by the static in his wool and disperse. Static Wool will absorb up to D-tier's worth of lightning-static damage while neutralizing static-based paralyzation.[list]
[*]For every 10 Stamina invested, Dullahan can absorb an additional Tier worth of lightning-static damage
[*]Static Wool will neutralize static-based paralyzation abilities used against Dullahan during its use.
[/list]

Code:

[center][b]Bei-kun Zai Emeng[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C-Tier
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] The user must have an unimpaired vision of an incoming attack and they must be dual-wielding swords. They must have enough room to move.
[list]
The user has two of their swords unsheathed as a *tangible attack comes towards them. They lift one sword and parry the attack off the surface of the blade before lowering their second sword and trapping the medium between both blades. The user then turns on their heel, dragging the attack and completely redirecting it away from their body. If the attack is a weapon trapped between the clutches of the sword that a person is holding onto, then the user will drag them as well, potentially tripping their balance. Once the attack is parried, the user will jump away and raise their swords to attack or defend themselves again. The user is able to parry up to C-tier worth of damage without scaling.
[list]
[*]*The attack must be tangible, such as a weapon or magical element such as earth, ice, a flame ball, etc
[/list][/list]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum