C-Tier

this is totally going to need some help with edits T_T

-----

Sic Them!
Tier: D-tier
Class: Beast-Tamer
Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Requirements/Drawbacks: A beast is required for the order, but alongside that a means to communicate the order, whether vocally or through a motion is needed. Alongside this, the target needs to have attacked or otherwise provoked Leila or the beasts/basically the animals need a reason to be angry
Scaling: Damage tier
Sustain: 0
Cool Down: 1 post
Cost: 10 Stamina
Description:

A vocal command or gesture is given, making Leila's animals unleash their rage, focusing their assault onto a target of her choice. For them to be able to carry out this command they need to be within sight or audial range, afterward the affected beast will have their offensive power raised to C-tier for the next basic attack

Save the Tamer!
Type: defensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: A beast is required for the order, alongside being within 10 meters of Leila.
Scaling: Damage reduced
Cool Down: 1 post
Description:

Drawing upon the loyalty of her beasts, Leila's beasts are zealous in their protection over her, to the point they would willingly leap into an attack to shield her. This makes them able to block an attack up to D-tier aimed at Leila. However, the beast will still be injured

Evasive Maneuvers
Type: defensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: A moderate amount of free space, and the ability to use legs/wings. Alongside the fact they need to be aware of the attack. If the attack is an AoE this will not work unless the range is minimal, maximum distance of the dodge is 3 meters, This can't evade intangible attacks.
Scaling: Amount of hits dodged
Cool Down: 1 posts
Description:

A nimble evasive maneuver that allows Leila or one of her beasts to avoid a D-tier attack aimed at them. Still, the pinnacle of this ability manifests during a trance-like moment where they seemingly are reacting with an unnatural perception and speed at avoiding multiple attacks at the same time!

Fire Arrow!
Type: offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: This only works with Trapper active. He also needs to be able to stretch his wings far enough to create the projectile
Scaling: hits
Cool Down: 1 posts
Description:

Expelling a fiery projectile from its wings Trapper can attempt to impale his target with razor-sharp feathers that are burning with violent flames! Can hit roughly around 5 meters and hits for D-tier damage

Combination Assault
Tier: C-tier
Type: Offensive
Requirements/Drawbacks: Employing a combination of Leila and her beasts, additionally the beasts will need to be within melee range of Leila at the start of this motion and able to hear the whistle sound she makes.
Scaling: Tier of the attack used by the pets
Cool Down: 2 posts
Cost: 20 Stamina
Description:
A high-pitched whistle is made by Leila before she throws a projectile toward her enemy laced with a special scent to drive her beasts into a frenzy, a signal for her beasts to go into a full out assault! The combined assault will have a D-tier damage from the projectile, and an additional D-tier damage from the beasts their attacks  the maximum range of this attack depends on if it's a melee or ranged attack (depends on the beast used), ranged attacks can hit at maximum 10 meters

Last edited by Leila Rosenberg on 19/01/17, 06:07 pm; edited 9 times in total

2Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 02:51 am

Ariel

Ariel
A-Tier
A-Tier

I honestly would suggest just saving your trait points, but I'll grade them anyways.

I'm just going to say right off the bat that Command and Conquer is in no ways a D-Tier trait. I'm not sure traits are allowed to regenerate stamina. You may need to scrap that. At least, it wouldn't be approved as a D-Tier trait.

While Loyalty to the Pack is technically fine, I'd spend your trait points on something else. This trait is sort of useless. I can't think of any time when a beast was charmed or an illusion tricked a beast to turn against the tamer. Although mind you, I'm not one of the really old members, so maybe it has happened once or twice before. But I've never heard it happen in the new system.

Code:
[b]Trait Name:[/b] Loyalty to the pack
[b]Trait Tier:[/b] D-tier
[b]Trait Requirement:[/b] Beast-Tamer
[b]Trait Description:[/b] If there is one thing Leila is able to do, then it is to gain the utmost loyalty from her animals. Whenever an animal is trained by Leila the animals will be unable to be turned against her through illusions or similar charming effects, this only works on animals she personally has handled/trained.
[b]Trait Effect:[/b] Animals in Laila's possession will be invulnerable to charming effects that would turn them against her.

• Sic Them!

• I listened to the rest of the staff members' opinions on this ability and I agreed with them. The concept is fine but the requirement we have is that the next attack must be a basic one or else the buff won't count.

• For your scaling, you can only scale one aspect. I'd honestly go with scaling the tier of attack the buff improves.

• Your reasoning for the buff is sort of... Basically, you're saying telling your beast to be stronger is somehow suppose to make them stronger. I'm throwing out an idea here, and I'm not sure if it would be necessarily approved or not, but what if the beasts were angry at the intended target?

• Save the Tamer!

• You'd need specifications about what is considered fatal. The cap the capacity of this ability would be at C-Tier. With this in mind, it would just be easier, and much more of a D-Tier ability, if you just made it into a simple block.

Ashes to Ashes

• The biggest problem here is that it requires a trait. You need a trait that allows you to register healing abilities for beasts for this to work. Plus, this really should be part of your beast's traits.

• Fire Arrow!

• You still need a requirement. Currently, you have something that really should be in the description.

• I'm not exactly sure why this is a defensive ability. It really should be an offensive ability.

• The range should be, max, 5 meters.

• Since this is a D-Tier ability, it should only be able to deal D-Tier damage (unless scaled). To be most effective, I'd just cross out the cumulative attribute of this ability.

• Intimidation

• Um... Obviously, it requires Leila. Without you, using abilities are pointless. It sounds to me like you don't understand the concept of requirements. Or rather, you do, but you're being way too lenient on yourself. Before you start doing corrections, I suggest you look through some of the abilities that have been approved. I think this will really help you understand and specify what we are looking for. Especially take good looks on staffs' comments.

• D-Tier abilities are generally in the 3-5 meter range. With this in mind, 20 meters for a C-Tier ability that is already quite over-powered is just too much. For an ability like this, at a C-Tier level and with tons of edits to your description in the first place, you're going to have to reduce the range to 7 meters.

• This should only be able to affect D-Tier and C-Tier. This would be pretty much useless against D-Tier and C-Tier beasts and D-Tier beastmasters. If you used this ability against a D-Tier or C-Tier beast or a D-Tier beastmaster, it would not be fair to make all their attacks void and useless. Both debuffs should only reduce one tier.

• If I were you, I'd scrap this idea and do something else. This idea really isn't that all effective. Beast tamers tend to be a secondary or tertiary class. It wouldn't be especially effective to these type of players. Don't waste one of your starter abilities on an ultimately useless ability like this.

3Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 04:09 am

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm gonna butt in real quick to fix some of the minor things I noticed. Listen to everything Ariel had to say, however, on the Save the Tamer! Ability, I would HIGHLY recommend changing that to a basic D-Tier block. Remove the whole fatal thing as a whole, something like that is honestly sort of ridiculous in the first place, especially for a D-Tier ability.

Other than that, you also need to change the sustain to either 0 or - on the following abilities. Ashes to Ashes and Intimidation. (Even though You have to remake Intimidation, I felt the need to include it. On any ability you make, you'll most likely want to put 0 or - sustain.)

Even though you're remaking Intimidation I feel like you should know this, on Intimidation, you have no cooldown on it. There will never be a case that an ability has no cooldown. Just follow the base ability template guidelines and you should be fine. ^^

You need to put your traits in a separate thread, by the way. ^^

4Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 05:37 am

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier

traits are removed and abilities edited as requested~

5Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 03:06 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

• Sic Them!

Could you please specify that it increases the basic attack damage to C-Tier?

• Save the Tamer!

Specify that the ability can only protect you from a C-Tier ability or attack, also state this attack will still hurt your beast like normal.
    This should only have a 1 post cooldown.
    Again, change the Sustain part to either 0 or -

• Evasive Maneuvers

This should only have a 1 post cooldown.
    Again, change the Sustain part to either 0 or -
    The last sentence, that's not supposed to be something extra/special about the skill right? It's just flavor text? I'm just trying to make sure you aren't trying to give it a second effect.

• Fire Arrow!

The requirement is still sort of iffy, considering it looks like something that would be in the description. You did pretty good on the other abilities requirements. So try taking from one of those?
    State the amount of damage this skill does, aka D-Tier

• Combination Assault

Okay so, that's a no go about being able to deal two instances of C-Tier damage. The projectile should NOT deal additional C-Tier damage, only the attacks from your beasts should.
    Also, could you try clearing up what this ability exactly does? Does it increase your beasts basic attack damage? Sorry, it's a bit confusing on that part. Either that or I'm just slow today. ;-;

6Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 03:19 pm

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier

- Sic them has been fixed as asked

- Save the tamer has been fixed

- Evasive maneuver is just flavor text explaining that if I scale the move, it allows her to dodge multiple attacks in that round. For example, if someone uses 1 move and scales it to turn it into a 3 hit combo, scaling Evasive maneuvers allows her to dodge multiple hits (as long as they are D-tier in power)

- Fire arrow has been fixed to explain it requires a broad enough space for Trapper to spread his wings

- Combination assault might have been wrongly worded, the idea is that basically the move deals basic C-tier damage, but as an additional effect it allows a regular basic attack to be made by the beasts in union, but if it helps I can lower the projectile's/move's damage to D-tier in order for it to have the aforementioned effect.

7Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 03:39 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Okay, I think Sic Them!, Save the Tamer!, Evasive Maneuvers, and Fire Arrow! all fit the bill and are APPROVED. If something is still missing or wrong with those skills, someone please jump in and fix them up real quick.

Code:
[center][b]Sic Them![/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] D-tier
[b]Class:[/b] Beast-Tamer
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Long
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] A beast is required for the order, but alongside that a means to communicate the order, whether vocally or through a motion is needed. Alongside this, the target needs to have attacked or otherwise provoked Leila or the beasts/basically the animals need a reason to be angry
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage tier
[b]Sustain:[/b] 0
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 post
[b]Cost:[/b] 10 Stamina
[b]Description:[/b]
[list]
A vocal command or gesture is given, making Leila's animals unleash their rage, focusing their assault onto a target of her choice. For them to be able to carry out this command they need to be within sight or audial range, afterward the affected beast will have their offensive power raised to C-tier for the next basic attack[/list]

[center][b]Save the Tamer![/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] defensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] A beast is required for the order, alongside being within 10 meters of Leila.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage reduced
[list]
Drawing upon the loyalty of her beasts, Leila's beasts are zealous in their protection over her, to the point they would willingly leap into an attack to shield her. This makes them able to block an attack up to C-tier aimed at Leila. However, the beast will still be injured[/list]

[center][b]Evasive Maneuvers[/b][/center]
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] A moderate amount of free space, and the ability to use legs/wings. Alongside the fact they need to be aware of the attack. If the attack is an AoE this will not work unless the range is minimal
[b]Scaling:[/b] Amount of hits dodged
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 1 posts
[list]
A nimble evasive maneuver that allows Leila or one of her beasts to avoid a D-tier attack aimed at them. Still, the pinnacle of this ability manifests during a trance-like moment where they seemingly are reacting with an unnatural perception and speed at avoiding multiple attacks at the same time![/list]

[center][b]Fire Arrow![/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] offensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] This only works with Trapper active. He also needs to be able to stretch his wings far enough to create the projectile
[b]Scaling:[/b] hits
[list]
Expelling a fiery projectile from its wings Trapper can attempt to impale his target with razor-sharp feathers that are burning with violent flames! Can hit roughly around 5 meters and hits for D-tier damage[/list]

However, I'm still a tad bit iffy on Combination Assault. Since we're allowing Sic Them! to increase you basic attack damage up to C-Tier, I see why this works now. However, I sort of want to advise you to change this to either straight up C-Tier damage, or D-Tier projectile damage and D-Tier physical damage. I say that because damage increased basic attacks are easily parried, blocked, ect. So having an actual damaging move in your arsenal would be helpful.

8Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 03:44 pm

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier

okay~ changed it to make it so that the combined attack simply delivers a C-tier worth of damage~

9Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 04:08 pm

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

Alright, it looks fine to me now! I won't lie though, there is still a chance something might be wrong with it. Let's hope not, but if there is Diana will most likely pop in to fix it up! Combination Assault APPROVED!

Code:
[center][b]Combination Assault[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C-tier
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Employing a combination of Leila and her beasts, additionally the beasts will need to be within melee range of Leila at the start of this motion and able to hear the whistle sound she makes.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Tier of the attack used by the pets
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Stamina
A high-pitched whistle is made by Leila before she throws a projectile toward her enemy laced with a special scent to drive her beasts into a frenzy, a signal for her beasts to go into a full out assault! [b]The combined assault will have a D-tier damage from the projectile, and an additional D-tier damage from the beasts their attacks[/b] Maximum range of this maneuver is 10 meters

10Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 04:45 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

( TL;DR -- Very minor, picky changes. Don't worry. )

I have an issue with the ranges that I should have noticed before--

Unless the actual action itself is long range (such as Fire Arrow), it should be close. Since you're not going to hit someone with a swipe from 10 meters away. I think I know why you're giving them long range, though. It's for the range you're able to command it from.

This factor is more or less realistically handled. If you're a very large distance from your beast in let's say for example... the coliseum, your pet probably will have a rough time hearing you since it's loud. But if it was quiet, they could probably hear you.

For Evasive Maneuvers, I don't really like how the end part of the description is worded but I'll let it go. Though I'll say, you will not be able to dodge multiple attacks without scaling, though you know that.

But onto more of a grading from myself (sorry again):

Save the Tamer!

This can't block C tier damage without scaling, it's a D tier ability.

Evasive Maneuvers

This can't block intangible attacks. Just add that to the drawbacks.

How far from the attack can they dodge out of the way? I'd recommend like... 3~ meters give or take.

---

If you need help with the ranges-- I have a fire bird as well and a melee combat beast that you can look at on my vault for examples. Coincidentally, I have a similar ability to Fire Arrow called Dance of Blades.

Last edited by Diana Corvus on 19/01/17, 05:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 04:58 pm

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier

yep, the range basically is for the 'command', they need to be within range to register the command (for example in this case the are ordered through the projectile that is laced with a particular scent to drive them into their frenzy, alongside the whistle trigger the attacks themselves obviously depend on the beast, for example a tiger needs to be within melee range of the target, a ranged pet could use it from a distance, I fixed the other details as requested, and left the ranged attack range at 10 meters despite being a C-tier ability due to the combination nature of the assault~

Is that alright?

12Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 05:55 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

The range of the command would be in the description along with the range of the attacks BUT the range listed should be the maximum range of the attack itself (not the command). If it worked like that-- then magicians would have to make all their abilities close range since they're holding their wand. Sounds silly now, right? Since the last ability has a multitude of ranges. Either put it as close or medium / long range. But specify in the description that it combines a close range melee attack along with a long ranged (specify the maximum length) attack.

Also-- take back my word on the whole intangible attack thing on Save the Tamer!-- that was my mistake.

13Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 07:33 pm

Leila Rosenberg

Leila Rosenberg
C-Tier
C-Tier

done as requested and for the combo assault wording I messaged you~ =3

14Leila's abilities Empty Re: Leila's abilities 19/01/17, 09:22 pm

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Approved w/ edits.

Code:
[center][b]Sic Them![/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] Supplementary
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] A beast is required for the order, but alongside that, a means to communicate the order, whether vocally or through a motion is needed. The beast must be able to hear Leila. Alongside this, the target needs to have attacked or otherwise provoked Leila or the beasts/basically the animals need a reason to be angry.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage tier
[list]
A vocal command or gesture is given, making Leila's animals unleash their rage, focusing their assault onto a target of her choice. The affected beast will have their offensive power raised to C-tier for the next basic attack.[/list]

[center][b]Save the Tamer![/b][/center]
[b]Range:[/b] Close
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] A beast is required for the order, alongside being within 10 meters of Leila. Leila needs to give a command or action.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Damage reduced
[list]
Drawing upon the loyalty of her beasts, Leila's beasts are zealous in their protection over her, to the point they would willingly leap into an attack to shield her. This makes them able to block an attack up to D-tier aimed at Leila. However, the beast will take damage in recoil.[/list]

[center][b]Evasive Maneuvers[/b][/center]
[b]Range:[/b] Short
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] A moderate amount of free space, and the ability to use legs/wings. Alongside the fact they need to be aware of the attack. Leila needs to give a command or action.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Amount of hits dodged
[list]
A nimble evasive maneuver that allows Leila or one of her beasts to avoid a D-tier attack aimed at them. The beast dodges 3m out of the way. Still, when scaled, this ability manifests during a trance-like moment where they seemingly are reacting with an unnatural perception and speed at avoiding multiple attacks at the same time![/list]

[center][b]Fire Arrow![/b][/center]
[b]Type:[/b] offensive
[b]Range:[/b] Medium
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] This only works with Trapper active. He also needs to be able to stretch his wings far enough to create the projectile. Leila needs to give a command or action.
[b]Scaling:[/b] hits
[list]
Expelling a fiery projectile from its wings Trapper can attempt to impale his target with razor-sharp feathers that are burning with violent flames! Can hit roughly 5 meters away and hits for D-tier burning damage.[/list]

[center][b]Combination Assault[/b][/center]
[b]Tier:[/b] C-tier
[b]Type:[/b] Offensive
[b]Requirements/Drawbacks:[/b] Employing a combination of Leila and her beasts, additionally the beasts will need to be within melee range of Leila at the start of this motion and able to hear the whistle sound she makes. Must specify whether a ranged attack or melee attack is being used. If ranged, the beast must be able to make a basic ranged attack.
[b]Scaling:[/b] Tier of the attack used by the pets
[b]Cool Down:[/b] 2 posts
[b]Cost:[/b] 20 Stamina
A high-pitched whistle is made by Leila before she throws a projectile toward her enemy laced with a special scent to drive her beasts into a frenzy, a signal for her beasts to go into a full out assault! The combined assault will have a D-tier damage from the projectile, and an additional D-tier damage from the beasts their attacks. The ranged attack can hit as far as 10m away and the melee attack can hit close range.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum