Duquin
Rima Fahim
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

The new Pokemon game is coming out in a few days and I was wondering if anyone on the site was getting it. For me, I'm not quite getting it on release but I'll get it eventually for sure! The new Pokemon look really cool and I'm going to have a rough time choosing my team. I really hope that the new Ultra Beasts are catch-able. The jellyfish is really adorable and so many baras. Definitely getting Litten..! <3

A Pokemon Sun & Moon Discussion Thread Ub-01

A Pokemon Sun & Moon Discussion Thread IncineroarA Pokemon Sun & Moon Discussion Thread Ub02expansion

Kawaaaii!

As for some discussion questions:

• What do you like most about the game from the info that's been released so far? The least?

• Do you have an all time favorite from this generation? If so, which one?

• How about the characters shown so far? Are there any you particularly are excited to see?

Feel free to discuss anything outside of these questions as well. If you have any friend codes feel free to share them here! I'll make a list below of friend codes so people can add you. I will add mine in a bit when I finally charge my DS.

Friend Codes:

Last edited by Diana Corvus on 20/11/16, 04:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

i love just about every pokemon from sun and moon, but A Pokemon Sun & Moon Discussion Thread 250px-Lurantis is gonna be on my team no matter what Embarassed

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

• What do you like most about the game from the info that's been released so far? The least?

I'll start off with the TWO things I dislike equally;

1) The Alolan Forms: I look at these Pokemon with about as much creative disdain as I do terrible movie/game remakes. They aren't all too creative so far, in my opinion at least. I'm not putting any of them on my story team. I have more to say, but I don't want to ruin this thread with negativity anymore than I already am...

2) The Ultra Beasts: The core reason I don't like these dudes are that they've been branded as "not pokemon", but I know some unreleased information that says otherwise. If they were advertised as pokemon, then I would probably think of them as such and then just ignore them like I do the legendary/mythical pokemon (I don't fancy legendaries). I wouldn't dislike them at all if they weren't catch-able (like a boss battle) but some unreleased information says otherwise.

Now for the stuff I do like; The setting, the possibly good story, Red and Blue, and obviously the new pokemon (Alolan Forms aren't new, hence "forms"). Simply the combination of all these things pretty much excites me to no end. I probably won't be getting this game upon release (because it will likely be sold out at my local Gamestop), but I can't wait to get it!

• Do you have an all time favorite from this generation? If so, which one?

I do have a favorite pokemon, but it hasn't been officially released yet. However, I do like Wimpod. For those that haven't found out based on obvious clues; I LOVE the bug-type pokemon (arthropods in general). Anyway, Wimpod seems like a fun pokemon to try and catch due to its ability "wimp out". Can't simply put it to half-health like a normal pokemon. Lurantis and Crabrawler aren't bugs types, but they are technically "arthropods" nonetheless. Though, I won't be adding them to my story team. I've never really liked the designs of the crab pokemon and Lurantis clashes with Decidueye's type (my fav starter).

• How about the characters shown so far? Are there any you particularly are excited to see?

I'm most interested in seeing the rival's team and character progression. I like to think he's more interesting than he's advertised, but that might just be wishful thinking. There's probably 'unreleased' information about the rival's importance to the story, but that's the ONLY thing I'm not letting the data mining spoil for me.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

I may have littered this thread with too much negativity. Sorry for that, but I am kinda upset with the Alolan forms not including any bug types like scyther (my favorite pokemon of all time). I also gotta give credit to the Ultra Beasts for being "different" and more story based than other mythical-level pokemon. From what I can tell, at least battling the Ultra Beasts in the story ought to be fun and challenging (they seem to glow like Totem Pokemon when you fight them in the context of the story).

Anyway, another question for everyone to answer; what will your team look like?

I've changed my mind about Decidueye, so this will probably be my team (unreleased pokemon not included);

Wimpod
Minior
Salandit
Tsareena
Ribombee
[Unreleased]

So yeah, some bug types. No starters for a nice change. Tsareena instead of Lurantis because of Tsareena's ability to block those annoying priority moves. Her design and name are also really neat (for those who don't know, Czar was a type of royalty before Russia became the Soviet Union). So yeah, that's basically my team. I omitted one because it isn't officially released yet.

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oh! No, no. It was just your opinions which is what was asked for. It's completely understandable why you don't like some features of the game. Though one feature that wasn't mentioned that I am actually really excited that the trainer customization is coming back!

I can definitely see that you'd like insects and arthropods just by looking at your ability names. Hehe.

Embarassed

My team would probably be...

Incineroar
Lycanroc (Day)
Salandit
Kommo-o
Mimikyu
Alolan Raichu

Depending on how late you can get some of those Pokemon will depend on how my team shapes up but that's part of a dream team I have. I really want Tsareena too. She's super fabulous and I love my grass types.

Rima Fahim

Rima Fahim
A-Tier
A-Tier

I can sort of agree with you for the most part on the Alolan forms. While personally I think they're super neat, I'm sorta angry because of my poor Alolan Muk. :( They had the chance to make a lava Muk ffs! I mean sure you could argue it would be too similar to something like Magcargo, but come on it would have been super cool. I'll still most likely use it though...

Anyways, here is my list of pokemon that I'm considering. I'm super picky with teams, so who knows if this will be anything like what I actually end up with lol.

Primarina(For sure)
Lurantis(For sure)
Alolan Execuutor(Unless not available early.)
Alolan Muk(Unless not avilable early)
Salandit
Tsareena
Bewear
Mimikyu
Gumshoos(Mah boy D-Trump)

I'm most likely forgetting some...but honestly who knows, I might end up not even using any of them lmao.

Duquin

Duquin
A-Tier
A-Tier

I'm not playing another pokemon until they go kingdom hearts/breath of the wild with the series.

Yugi

Yugi
D-Tier
D-Tier

This is my team: Team:

(Rowlett)Decidueye- Grass/Ghost ✅
(Mareanie)Toxapex - Poison/Water
(Cubone )Marowak - Fire/Ghost✅
(Jangmo-o)Kommo-o - Fighting/Dragon
(Vulpix)Ninetails - Ice/Fairy

2/5 found but I'm close to finding Mareanie. ( Aseroth/Xandros/Yugi )

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Oooh! That seems like a pretty cool team! I can't wait to get the game myself which won't probably happen until around Christmas. ; v ; <3

I've been spoiling myself a whole ton and getting really hyped. I'm going to buy it as a Christmas present for Rima too so we can play together, haha.

So cool that we can pick our throwing poses and how the trainers are supposedly a lot smarter and unique now! I've been on reddit all day just reading.

I'm also very happy that I can get my bara mosquito in Sun AND the jellyfish. Even if I get them end game I'll be really happy. ; A ;

Embarassed

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

Pick our own throwing poses? What?

Anyway, here is my 3DS Friend Code: 4210 - 4764 - 4187

I have both Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. I named myself Neo Mortem on Pokemon Moon and Neo Vitae on Pokemon Sun.

Yugi

Yugi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Friend Code: 2853 - 0166 - 8573

Diana Corvus

Diana Corvus
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yeah! There are new battle style poses! Which is really cool except only some unlock when you hit certain milestones within the game.

Link to Source

Adrastos Thanatos

Adrastos Thanatos
A-Tier
A-Tier

LOL girlish style on the guy

Yugi

Yugi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Should I Use Gastly or Bounsweet as my last Pokémon on my team?

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

Yugi, you seem to like ghost types XD

Well, from the team I see - Ghastly

if your Toxepex has the ability "merciless" then all attacks against a poisoned pokemon will be critical hits. Since Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar are poison type, they could help poison an opponent in order to set up for Toxepex. Granted, Tsareena has a great ability to stop all priority moves but you already have a grass type (you also have ghost types and poison types, but hey) and Gengar is far faster.

Yugi

Yugi
D-Tier
D-Tier

Yeah luckily my Mareanie has Merciless.

Zadi

Zadi
A-Tier
A-Tier

supposedly there's only a 1% chance to fish for a Mareanie...lucky indeed XD

Yugi

Yugi
D-Tier
D-Tier

It too me an hour to fish for the Corastl, than it took another 5 minutes to just get it to call in help for the Mareanie. At this point I was jumping around my room in excitement for finding it finally and I proceed to use False Swipe to caught it

Cyrus Argentum

Cyrus Argentum
β-Tier
β-Tier

I'm thinking about using Rolwett and Raichu since I haven't used Pikachu since blue version, Mudsdale Golisopod, Salazzle and maybe Ninetales I want an Ice type. Anyways I got a lot of time to think about it not getting it till my birthday in Feb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum