The endless search begins (Open)

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

Aayla had been wandering the towns and cities of the Kou Empire for a few short months after her oddly found freedom from slavery. It had been wuite the ordeal, to of have grown up your entire life as a slave, to only know that life one moment and to then be released into the outside world and expected to know what to do...

There was more than one time that Aayla had been at a lost, not knowing where to go or how to survive on her own. Although thanks to the help of the slaves that had escaped with her, she had been able to find her footing, she had been able to learn that by doing jobs for other people you could earn money and in turn, buy food and shelter. This was something she thought she could be good at, after-all, she was used to taking orders from her master and accomplishing them as perfectly as possible.

All of those experiences brought her to the here and now, where the Fanalis girl sat within a crowded tavern she had grown to like. This place was more oriented towards mercenaries like herself, having placed up a large board with several job requests from nearby villages and cities. She liked to come here and take on those jobs in the hopes of finding that one employer that might take her as something more than just a one off mercenary... Maybe if she gained enough renown this way, she could even become a guard somewhere... heh someday.

For now, she stood in front of the request board silently, a few other mercenaries gathering about her for the same reason, and other patrons still staring at the red headed girl from afar for a variety of reasons. To say that the girl stuck out here was an understatement, but Aayla never really noticed.

'Maybe I'll take on a longer job this time... I think I've saved up enough for longer lasting rations and supplies. It would be nice to get out for a while...'
She would think to herself as she would finally reach to the board for one of the higher paying jobs.

WC: 369

NotAbbas

NotAbbas
D-Tier
D-Tier

Like a moth, Abbas had been drawn to the one glowing structure that gave any luminescence across the dark expanse. One couldn't even see the moon nor the stars through the cloud cover. Her eye fixated on the tavern, recalling a few thoughts of the location.

'Ah, isn't this the place for freelance work?'

Abbas only had one memory of the location, a scuffle between patrons, where one of them was launched through the door. Even with her one arm, she had laid his head into her lap and stitched up his opens wounds. Even if it wasn't the best of places, Abbas couldn't contain her curiousity for the life of her.

Standing by the door for a moment as she pulled out a footlong, Kou-styled pipe, letting the tip sit between her lips. Then her hand pulling a pinch of fine-ground tobacco from her sash, filling the opposite end. Lighting the small patch as she bellowed through the kiseru to get a small kindling, her hand simultaneously protecting the small flame.

After a few puffs, her body was again at ease. Her hips strutting, a technique developed to disguise her handicap. Abbas stepped through the door, the people would see her as salmon-hair teen. A red yukata with some swaths of black, that only covered up to her thighs, and left little to the imagination around her chest. Her face was the first hint of inkwork on her body; a tribal mark on her forehead and right cheek, but wherever a bit of skin could be seen, it was covered with tattoos. Other than that, her left eye had a vertical scar, missing a right arm and a beautiful katana, with an ebony scabbard.

Some had turned to observe her for a moment as she walked in, and few couldn't help but gawk at her. Her pace was painfully slow but full of confidence. Her one arm occupied with keeping the pipe level. Finally taking a seat at the bar, getting the bartenders attention quickly with a small coin tip as she ordered a small saucer of sake.  

A stranger to the room, curious as to what might unfold.

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

Aayla stared at the sheet she had taken off of the request board, only noting the amount of Huang that was posted as a reward. It wasn't too much, but it would pay for some food and a room for a while. Now she only had to find out what the job itself entailed. No matter how much she stared at the paper however, none of the words made sense to her as the girl had never been taught to read, or bothered to learn the skill. Her previous masters had preferred it that way, so she never bothered to learn which was proving to be quite troublesome...

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked back to the men that had been gawking at her moments ago. Strangely enough, she wasn't the focus of their attentions anymore as another woman walked into the Tavern wearing a red yukata with the strangest pink hair. Her first instinct would be to ignore the woman and stay away from all the attention she was getting, but then again she was the only other woman in here at the moment. At least if she spoke to her, none of the men in this place would be oogling her again and trying to pick her up instead of taking her seriously.

Her face flushed briefly as she finally decided to make her way over to her, clutching the job request tightly in her hand. As she reached the bar she couldn't help but get a face full of the smell coming from her pipe. She would scrunch up her nose for a brief moment before waving her hand in front of her to disperse the smell as she moved up behind the woman.

"Excuse me..."
She would speak up softly, moving up to have a seat in the chair next to her. The faint blush that had disappeared moment ago, resurfacing as she spoke to this stranger, ready to reveal a rather large flaw of hers.

"I was hoping you could help me with something..."
Her voice was still very soft spoken as she brought up the job request onto the bar, placing it between the two women. Normally she would have just asked the bartender to read it for her, but he was no exception to those that annoyed her here.

"Could you... maybe... read this for me..?"

[If she reads the request]
The endless search begins (Open) 4mVkaH7

WC: 398

JerichoRogers

JerichoRogers
D-Tier
D-Tier

Jericho wasn't far off reclining himself moments ago in one of the old wooden chairs in the place not far off from the door. Daisy following in close at heel the trusty large wolf staying quiet and as silent as one could at the moment. Trying not to stick out as she was trained to do. Always keeping a eye out for danger but not wanting to attract attention until it was the necessary time. She'd sigh and cowl down next to his char laying flat on the cool floor. Jericho running his fingers briefly through her and humming lightly to her his eyes fixating on the girl he'd been trailing and the even more interesting person she approached now. Chuckling lightly as he tried to listen in from not far off. But he could more then guess why the person was holding the paper up to another.

He'd sit there kicking his feet up on the table and begin pulling his book out from his pocket the small old leather thing with his notes and paper clippings. Looking through several pictures and old notes before holding briefly on out in his hand and looking at it briefly before tucking it back away.
The endless search begins (Open) EalTrqA

"Hmm... Imagine that. I was right." He'd say with a chuckle. Daisy letting out a light snort. Only rising after her master did and began moseying on over to the duo.

Trying to snatch the paper from the girls hand having listened in lightly a moment prior. An chuckling as he'd slick back some of his aqua hair that stuck out at times. Daisy moving around Aayla's side sniffing lightly. "Little thing like you wants to deliver wood and ore for those soldiers? I suppose its honest work but seems a bit out of place dun it? Must be awfully strapped for cash?" He'd say still trying to be sure if she was one of the people from the recently rabbled up cerulean troops. He wasn't even fully sure they'd pay for runaways just yet assuming he was on the right trail from the wanted sketch he got from them. The two he'd brought in after the chaos had unfolded with whatever happened with this girl and a few others. They'd put the two to work and before he'd left they'd been worked to death fixing what the others had broken. This poor girl would probably be just the ticket though to get back to them... But until it was a sure thing he'd just see how close he could get till then.

Wouldn't be the first time he saw a opportunity i maybe helping one of them a bit to gain some extra work and help before taking them back. Plus it was always easier to get them back if you got them to trust you first. "Might need a little help with that dove right? Seeming a bit out of your element... You didn't pass through that crazy business from those Cerulean fellows did you not far off in the wilds? I heard they had some nasty businesses. Those less tasteful folks being what they were all doing though probably deserved it right? You seem familiar were you ever up that way?" Trying to offer his help and pry open a wedge for conversation. A possible meal ticket to have ready given his funds were on low of late might have been just the thing he needed. Daisy moving around and sniffing almost silently but the large black wolf did have a way of sticking out. He was partially curious as well to see if this girl might have ever recognized him or his wolf if she was a prior runner.

NotAbbas

NotAbbas
D-Tier
D-Tier

Abbas was happy when it was another sweet girl that was opening up to her. A real sweetheart possibly her own age, but unable to read. Abbas simply assumed that the life of a typical mercenary was quite difficult, and one would only truly choose this path if no other options were left to them. Her lips puckered around the pipe, taking one last breath of the fumes before setting it down with her left hand.

"Ah yes, let me help you hun." Abbas pulled the sheet towards her and putting it to the light. Her eyes passed it over once for a moment. Her eyes widened as she was surprised at the type of honest work it was. "Well, this is to supply ore to the blacksmiths and-" Then a young adult would proceed to snatch the paper from her hand. Before he would speak, she demanded an explanation for his rudeness. In a flash, she was on her feet and ranting. "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? WHO ARE YOU TO TAKE SOMETHING FROM ME?" Abbas kept it to herself that the sheet wasn't even hers but belonged to the girl that was sitting beside her.

Abbas was quick to realize that this boy was after the Fanalis. The man was sticking out like a sore thumb due to his blue hair and rather unique pet who seemed to be sniffing her. If he would try to continue to talk without answering to her, she would yell louder. "EXCUSE ME!" The pink-haired teen positioning between the two strangers.

It was only at this time that Abbas would turn back to Aayla to see her expression and see how she felt about the situation ready to defend her if necessary.

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

Aayla would only nod her thanks to the pink haired girl who began to read the job request she had handed over to her. By the sounds of it, it was an easy supply run. that was definitely something she could do, and for 3,000h too! However, she never got to finish what the job was about, as a man had come over and snatched the paper directly from her hands.

She spun around in her chair, her hand gripping the bar tightly out of reflex as she looked up to the blue haired man that had taken it. He proceeded to claim she wasn't strong enough for such work because she was so little.

"I have my reasons"
She began to say lowly, though jumped in her seat as the pink haired woman cried with outrage. Honestly, she startled her more than the man did when barging in!

She fell silent as she listened to the blue haired man ask her many times about Cerulean troops, asking if she had been up that way, seen them or knew about them at all... She found that she couldn't answer him, her heart was racing wildly in her chest as she stared into his blue eyes for long moments. She physically had to shake her head to get her thoughts straight, though her heart pounded away none the less.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about."
Her soft voice seemed to quiver slightly as she lited, though forced herself to stare this man in the face as she spoke none the less. The only time her eyes left him was to look at the animal sniffing at their feet, and back to the pink haired girl who seemed about ready to strangle the man for stepping in.

It was still so strange to her that anyone would ever step forward to protect another like this, and this was the third time someone had done that for her. Was it really common place? Was she that selfish to think of no one but herself?

"I won't say no to help... though"
She finally added to the man, pushing herself off of the bar stool now as well. If this man was questioning her so avidly about the cerulean troops then he must know something, and if he planned on taking her back, then she would have to deal with him, on her own terms, not his.

WC: 413

JerichoRogers

JerichoRogers
D-Tier
D-Tier

He couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the reactions of the two women. Licking his teeth and just giving a lightly parched chuckle. Giving the loud pink haired girl little more then a smirk at first. "Awfully feisty are ya. Quiet the set of lungs as well." He'd say seemingly moving on from the subject. His coy grin ever present and a casual glare in his eyes that came off as calm and almost childish. Hardly hostile in the least keeping his cool as to not arose any violence until it was to his advantage.

Hid rub his chin lightly tilting his head as one woman put herself between both of them. Daisy giving a low growl as the large black wolf narrowed both its different colored eyes upon them. Jericho raising a hand to calm the creature. Its eyes fixating on them almost as if they were meat or a meal. Calming itself but its eyes still wide and fixated on them as if waiting for a command. "You got some balls as well! Gotta love the people of this shitty country. But I digress. Of course I'd love to help. After all given what I said who knows how many bad people could be running around out there?! its possible rather dangerous out there... Who knows how many runaways could be hiding among us. A runaway is a dangerous thing... Valuable too. So what do you say honey? Maybe we can talk out helping one another? I imagine you could use my help more then you know...Also you should work on your lying more too." He'd say softly chuckling reaching into his pocket and pulling out his small leather book writing something down briefly and slipping it back down into his pocket. The note was nothing truly important but at this close proximity he was more then positive now she was most certainly one of them. Now it was a matter of just finding out if she was worth turning in more or better to 'help along' given how out of place one of her type probably felt anyway.

Giving the pink haired girl a warm smile and keeping a eye on her his hand at his side but his fingers close together as if ready to snap his fingers. That gruff cocky grin on his lips and he hardly seem to have much fear. "Maybe we can talk somewhere more private?" He'd say softly.

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Fanalis thought that by visiting the tavern she could get some information about the country of Kou from the people there. They said tavern or similar place like that was the best place to dig out information, they said drunk people tend to say the truth. So here was Altan, sitting in the one of the tavern's seat just near the counter. The redhead was thinking about how to actually dig some information from one of the customers, but she never really been in a tavern before so she thought that she might try to adapt herself in the environment first. The tavern was not really a bad place maybe, they got all the booze made from various ingredients and some of the tables got a loud and lively customers sitting there while enjoying their own drinks.

The redhead was not really ordering anything with strong alcohol at the moment, her hands was only wrapping themselves around a cup of sweet rice wine, her favorite drink if she could say. Just when she wanted to bring the cup to her lips again so she could enjoy the drink, a loud voice from a certain lady made her body jumped a little bit and spilled her drink on the table. She turned around to see what happened only to find a pink haired woman looked annoyed and judging from her gaze, she was directing her anger to this blue haired man. However, the red haired woman, possibly one of her own race, looked somehow terrified.

With a swift hand, Altan grabbed her bow and took 2 arrows while assessing the situation. There was a lot of people who was interested to capture Fanalis and judging from their expressions also the situation... Perhaps the blue haired man was picking a fight with the women. She recalled the words that one of the women shout about taking something from her, maybe it was the paper in the man's grip? The redhead only needed a second to aim her bow and arrow towards the paper on the man's hand before releasing it. She would also released another arrow aimed towards the man's head, missed her aim on purpose so it would be flying just right beside the man's forehead and stuck to the ceiling.

As she walked towards them, Altan would aim her bow towards the blue haired man with a glare. "Are you threatening them by any chance?"

NotAbbas

NotAbbas
D-Tier
D-Tier

Her ears were attuned to their words as she subconsciously filtered out all chatter around them as she tried to piece together some information about their history. They might not have even been aquaintances, but perhaps more like bounty and hunter, and the hunter was having second thoughts either morale or financial.

Her mind was starting crave a bit more nicotine and was no longer cooperating with her as such. Abbas turned to the counter to retrieve her kiseru, taking a drag as the guy spoke for a change of venue, and with that dog along, she wasn't quite sure they would be safe if they went somewhere alone with this guy. She turned back after hearing some started people in the crowd.

There were two arrow lodged into the wall of the tavern. One of them had the mission assignment pinned as well. Abbas turned to the opposite direction, seeing a woman with her bow drawn. She quickly realized this might be an aggression towards the blue-haired guy, meaning she was at the very least not against her.

"Wait! Yeah, let's all go somewhere more private."
Abbas didn't want everything to escalate to the point of injury or even death. The pipe was sitting in her mouth without support as she mumbled, "Hey come wit' me." Then waving the archer to come along. They said there was safety in numbers, she was hoping to prove that today. Finally her hand would take the pipe from her mouth, " I am Abbas, what are y'all names?" She wasn't sure where they would be going, but she was willing to follow along as a group behind the blue-haired 'gentleman'.

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

As soon as arrow's whizzed by their heads, pinning the job request to the wall Aayla would spin on her heels to face the source of the shots. Of course, they would already be dead if the girl had aimed those shots at them, but it was still difficult to ignore the instinct to protect herself.

Her hands remained balled into fists up until Aayla's eyes rested on the archer in question. She looked so familiar to her in many ways, but she was sure that she had never met her before... it was a strange sensation that seemed to work wonders to calm her down just enough to not be so on edge.

She sighed lightly as she glanced back to the blue haired man as he easily caught her lie, once more pointing out the exact dangers Aayla was all too familiar with.

"They don't scare me. I'm not as weak as I look..."
She would tell him lowly, though immediately nodded when he suggested taking this conversation somewhere more private. While she was normally quite the selfish person, she couldn't justify putting anyone in danger after they had gone through the effort of trying to help her out.

She finally looked to the pink haired girl, now introduced as Abbas, once more. Surprise was clearly written on her face as she agreed to move someplace more private along with them. Why was it that she was continuously defending her..? She didn't understand that at all... Though, instead of being rude and remaining silent, Aayla spoke up once more when Abbas introduced herself.

"A...Aayla. I'm Aayla..."
She would say timidly, though leaned forward into a polite bow towards both of the girls that were helping her.

"Thank you... I'm uhm... not used to people being so...nice..."

WC: 308

JerichoRogers

JerichoRogers
D-Tier
D-Tier

He'd just keep things going as they were smirking with a bit of his arrogant grin. When teh paper would shoot from his hand from one arrow nearing his hand and shooting the paper away. A second nearing his head as way that almost instantly as well caught Daisy to snap into a growl and immediately leap to one of the nearby tables. Angling herself so as the woman aimed her arrow at Jericho. The wolf was more then settled to be level to pounce upon the woman if she let loose the arrow. The wolves fangs barring and drool dripping lightly from its jaws. Its two eyes fixating upon her as if she were some rabbit or opposing wolf.

"By the gods ya red headed bitch... Talking about threatening people yet you shoot a fucking arrow at me? God this country really is rather shit at times." Just giving a narrowed expression and spitting a bit of spit down towards the ground just in front of the girls feet. Giving little care she had a arrow notched and ready the wolf growing close by. He'd just turn his head away from her and seemed to partially if not fully ignore her after words. Not bothering to yet call Daisy back letting her remain growling and upon a table ready to pounce if she needed too.

He'd take a moment to watch them following by them. He didn't have any leads on work after what happened to the troops and truth be told he was falling a little short on contacts to call on as well. He'd wait and follow along not far behind Aayla snapping his fingers to finally call Daisy off and having Daisy follow further behind them all ready at any chance. Whispering lightly just briefly as he'd follow along. "I know who you are...You were part of what happened weren't you?... Heh I think you might need more then you know. After all I'm not the only one who may come looking." He'd whisper out quickly and begin walking along. Talking a bit louder the next time sticking close to his newest opportunity. "Lead on pinky... I'd hope we can move rather fast i'd like to help this lost little dove out. Heh you might prove a bit of fun as well... The archer I don't know about though. Being shot isn't exactly my idea of a good time." He'd say looking back to see if she was following. If she was then not so stealth fully looking her from up to bottom. Taking in the looks of the one that shot at him as the wolf followed her as well keeping a close enough pace it could head her way if it needed.

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

The Fanalis stayed still when the wolf growled to her, Altan could easily take down the beast with her strength but what if when she shot her arrow, the wolf leaped to another person. Dealing with wilderness had been her thing as she grew up in the Bey Clan since she was a little girl; she fought with a lot of beast a countless time to survive or at least to bring some food back for her clan. However, she couldn’t be reckless, so she slowly put down her bow while staring right at the wolf with a glare and nodded when the pink haired woman asked her to come along.

She listened to how the other woman of her kind stated her name, stuttering like something got in her tongue and she could feel the fear. Something bad must be happened in the past between her and the blue haired man but Altan would not ask about that at the moment as she knew it was not her business, the only thing that she would ask was only the cause of the commotion. A protection would be what she gave if the other Fanalis needed it, so right now, she would observe and assess the situation.

“Altan Bey, nice to meet you.” She only looked at the girls as she introduced her name, didn’t bother to pay attention to the blue haired man because he clearly looked dangerous. Her gaze would be focused on the pink haired woman now and she would begin to speak, “So what happened? This girl looks really scared.”

NotAbbas

NotAbbas
D-Tier
D-Tier

Abbas shrugged in response to Altan Bey's question. The action highlighted the asymmetry of her own body. "Okay, lets go. I think I know a place." But as she turned to leave, her body froze. Her neck turned around as the barkeep had yelled to some guards in the establishment, yelling fervently. "ALRIGHT BOYS, JUST GET THESE PUNK FANALIS AND IMUBOY WANNABE OUTTA HERE." The owner had been upset over all the animosity and violence within his establishment, and he was going to kick them out and force them to pay their tab... but the guards definitely weren't the most friendly nor honest of people.

"Run!"

Abbas pushed some patrons out of her way, clearing a path for everyone to run to the door. She was stumbling through the crowd as her prosthetic foot wasn't the best in a fast-paced situation but managing to keep her balance through the escape into the night. Abbas turned back to see if the group was following her. She made an over-emoted gesture with her arm that she was heading to the right, outside the building. Her intentions were to reach the port. At night, there were a few spots where people could talk while it wouldn't be so crowded, and the guards couldn't leave the tavern unattended with so many mercenaries around.

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

He was right of course, he wouldn't be the only one to come looking for her... She had hoped that after so long they would have given up on her and not put the time and money into looking for her again. Obviously she was wrong... at this point, she didn't think she had as much value as she had say, a year ago... why did they want her back so badly? Didn't she know what she did during her escape? What made them think she wouldn't do it again?

She silently cursed them, and subconsciously even cursing herself for being stuck in this situation at all... She would look at the blue haired man, searching him up and down as she had begun to follow him to a more quiet place. Did he really plan to help her out like he said? Why would he make such a scene if that was the case... wouldn't he try to keep things more quiet? No... she couldn't trust him. At least not yet. She had to be sure of his intentions, and even then she would need to keep on her toes... What was she supposed to do with a guardian?

She glanced back to the other red headed girl as she too introduced herself, then asked what happened for Aayla to have become so scared. She would blush once more as she opened her mouth to speak, though was quickly interrupted by Abbas yelling and the bartender ordering the guards after them!

Her eyes would immediately dart to the job posting now pinned to the wall, then glance at the guards now converging on them. Well, it seemed like that job would prove to be out of her reach now if they had a bad reputation with the guards... or if they had drawn their own conclusions from their conversation.

At Abbas' command, Aayla began to sprint after the pink haired girl, needing to slow her pace down so that she didn't just blast ahead of the girl and leave her in the dirt so to speak... Thankfully she did however, as one of the guards made a grab for her. Immediately, Aayla kicked off from the ground to avoid being touched, nearly smacking into the ceiling as she did so. As she began to descend again, she sprinted away from her aggressor before things became too much more violent.

Once outside however, Aayla would turn to the company that would have made it out, bowing her head down towards all of them, her red hair falling over her shoulder as she did so.

"I'm very sorry for causing you all so much trouble..."
She apologized quickly, not wanting any of them to think ill of her...

WC:468

JerichoRogers

JerichoRogers
D-Tier
D-Tier

A light chuckled escaped Jericho's dry throat. Still parched as he'd yet to quench his throat since entering the this place. So many special little trinkets around him yet so foolish as well. Waving his hand at the archer giving a cheeky little grin. "Scared? I'd say she's just a little timid at worst. Maybe just some of our past mutual business associates are still getting to her... After we've had allies come into a heap of trouble lately." He'd say grinding in the hidden points about the cerulean troop between them. Making it more then clear he wasn't going away for that point. His eyes turning back to his main target eyes narrowing at the back of her neck for a moment. If he lost his main source of income then he'd just make the best of the situation.

When the owner gave out the yell however it perk Jericho's eyes wide and in a instant he shifted his eyes to Daisy and in a couple other places quickly. Letting out a loud high pitched whistle. An in that instant bolted off along with the others. He'd move past quickly but kept pace just enough not wanting to lose them. His eyes darting down to see curiously what slowed the pace a bit. In one of his hands a bottle with a missing cork.

There was a gravely voice not far behind for one of those that gave mild chase. A loud yelp being heard as well that came seconds after a second high pitched whistle Daisy speedily moving up next to Jericho as he ran all four of her paws kicking along. Her jaws lightly dripping with some crimson fluid. Jericho just smirking a bit chuckling a little. He'd ensure it wasn't a official guard. But a little wound or two would discourage further chase. Tilting a bottle up to his lips as they ran and letting out a exasperated gasp if the fluid within it rejuvenated him instantly. "Good girllll! Little bastards wanna call us out do they? You showed one of them didn't you? I see that color on your lips... Good girrlll." He'd say tilting the bottle as they rain a little stream wasting the fluid somewhat as she would lick some of the dripping stream in the run. Neither of them caring much for the waste of it as well given not all were as well off that they'd pass along the way.

He'd stop taking a few more heavy breaths when they'd finally come to a halt. He was fast but he wore himself out quickly. His skills and jobs lied with his skill at training his Daisy. They were a team but alone he wasn't truly as much as a fighter or warrior as others. He'd guzzle some of the bottle and reach down scratching daisy's had. Finding a near by vase left out during this night and cracking it on the ground to form a bowl for the moment for Daisy pouring her some of the strange alcohol as well he'd stolen. Looking up as the girl gave her bow and words. Raising a eye brow lightly. Letting off a calm whistle that was more taunting in style far different then his command whistles before. "What manners? Better taught then I expected...I look more and more forward to having a little talk with you know." Chuckling keeping his meanings to himself. "If it wasn't for... you know what. But anyway... Heh. Daisy always at the ready and few of you special dark continent red heads really saved the day. Made our way out pretty good it seems. So maybe now we can get to talking about business again like we were trying to back there Hmm!?. Arrogant enough to almost forget the other two were still there if at all. His focus once again on just one other. Daisy thirstily slurping up her boon thought at the moment. Not as on guard as she was a few moments prior.

But never the less a close look at his hands even as he seemed relaxed in his posture. His thumb and middle finger seemed to rub lightly at each other at his side. He was ready to give command at a moments notice. He seemed willing to talk but he wasn't going to let what he'd slowly been hinting at drop clearly. He here to stay till he was forced out or got his way.

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

Altan followed the pink haired woman’s lead, knowing it would be a trouble if she didn’t escape that place as well. She secretly thanking Abbas’ choice to push some patrons out of her way because if there was someone on her way, she might punch them on the face and she was sure that wouldn’t end well. She needed to not get into any trouble if she still wanted to stay in Kou, if not, her mission that was given by her chieftain would not be succeeded at all.

When Aayla apologized, the redhead would sigh and grabbed her hand before pulling her to run away together. “Shh, don’t think too much. Just run.”

This girl was so afraid and to make it worst in Altan’s eyes, the other Fanalis apologized to something that she didn’t even need to apologize. It was clear enough that she was in trouble, perhaps the business associate that the blue haired man mentioned was the cause. She began to think about the man’s words and assumed that this man was some kind of a slave master; if not then he must be someone who has relation to this organization. No wonder he got such a bad attitude and he reeked of an annoying smell although she was not sure about how to describe the smell.

She would look back once in a while to see if they were still being chased, especially when she heard the loud yelp, but the scene that she saw angered her more. There was something on the wolf’s jaw that was not there before and it was red. The wolf and the master shared similar traits it seemed and it was clear from the man’s praise that the damned wolf might be hurting one of the patrons in the tavern. They would make them to be in more trouble but she guessed that maybe the blue haired man was not too smart to realize it…

When they finally reached a safe spot from the chasers, Altan would stay quiet and listened to what the man wanted to say first. She listened tentatively with a death glare shot directly towards the man while she slung her bow back over her shoulder, showing that she got no intention to use her bow for now.
“Did your damned wolf hurt someone back there?! Use your head, you imbecile, you will make us go to a deeper trouble!” Her Fanalis’ rage finally took over her composure and she could no longer filter her words. However the man should be grateful that she didn’t snap the wolf’s head right away because she was more than willing to do so. But, Aayla’s safety came first, so she would try to control her rage a little bit before it reached her fist.

NotAbbas

NotAbbas
D-Tier
D-Tier

Abbas was out of breath, she was unaccustomed to the vigors of running, but they had all made it out safe and together. She was blissfully delighted, and she almost couldn't help but burst out into laughter. Losing her balance but falling backwards safely onto her plush derriere. Was this the 'Runners High' she had heard of?

She couldn't be bothered to stand up yet and make a big hoopla about her own disability. "Whew, well it's not like I really could defend you against this guy if I wanted to anyways, Aayla." Commenting on her lack of battle-readiness, now that she was resting on the ground. Her lips curled, now seeing a slightly warm side to Jericho. Even if he wasn't directly sweet, his pet was definitely loyal to him. Then Altan would reprimand the man, an honest woman to a fault. "Well, lets get the air cleared out, you guys were saying something about Cerulean... warriors?" Then turning to Aayla, "Are you in any real trouble?"

At last, she would reach out her one hand to Altan to get a boost so she could stand up by embarrassing herself as little as possible. Her childish mind had a thought she couldn't help but slip out. "Hey, we could be like a group. Triple As! We all look like Fanalis, even though we're not."

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

A small exclamation of surprise escaped the girls lips as Altan grabbed hold of her hand and pulled her along once her apology was done. They were only asked to leave the building, did they really have to run so far away from it? One glance at the blue haired man and his wolf answered that question however as the animal seemed to be drooling blood.

'There goes that job... or any dreams of becoming a guard...'

She would think to herself as a sigh escaped her lips as she followed along Altan, only stopping once the other Fanalis girl did. Quickly, Aayla would begin apologizing again for having put them at risk, but Jericho spoke up, commenting on her ' manners' and simply tying everything together once again.

This time, the blush that seemed to grace her face seemed different than it had while they were in the tavern. She turned to face Jericho so fast it looked almost impossible the way she moved.

"Stop mocking me! You obviously know exactly who I am... so out with it, what do you want from me? Because I won't go back."

She blurted out in what sounded like a burst of confidence. She however remained very close to Altan, not willing to challenge Jericho or his wolf just yet. She didn't doubt she could protect herself if she needed too... but what if she didn't need too? What if he was just like her in a sense? She didn't know the situation, and since he seemed to be so tightly wound to her own past, she didn't want to be so quick to judge him.

As Abbas spoke, the red head would glance over to the pink haired girl and sigh. She supposed she owed those that were so quick to defend her an explanation...

"They're... slavers. Well some of them are... about a year ago I was sold to them by my former master and... a few months ago there was a break out and I was taken with them. I'm not in any trouble... because I"m not going back... I can't now..."

She would say lowly, her gaze looking everywhere but the people she was speaking too. It was so hard for her to want to make any eye contact while she spoke of what she was... Slave trading wasn't illegal in Kou, she knew that for a fact. They could easily turn her in as lost property and have her shipped back to the Cerulean troop... She wouldn't let any of them do that without a fight of course, but it wasn't outside the realm of possibility.

It did cheer her up however that Abbas suggested that they could be their own group. She didn't know what that would entail exactly... a group of what? She had to be careful about any decisions she made here...

WC:493

JerichoRogers

JerichoRogers
D-Tier
D-Tier

He'd roll his eyes lightly at the one girls mention of the guards and the trouble it may have brought seeming to hardly care. He'd pat Daisy behind the hears and grin softly at her seeming to ease the girl with each gentle touch to her fur. Her eyes relaxing and her body laying down next to the make shift bowl made from the broken jug as she lapped up her reward. He'd snort thought after a few moments of calming to what seemed like a relaxed state. Ready to act if she needed to but clearly much more at ease. They'd both been having trouble since they had to discover the misfortune that had befallen their old employers. "Don't worry about the guards girl... They got better things to deal with then us and besides. I'm not really scared you know... Something tells me like the cutey said with the hitch in her step... Because of those looks they'll likely be looking for something a bit more red then me... after the trouble in that local troop heh... Fanalis are likely catching allot of eyes." He'd say chuckling lightly looking at the archer from her ankles up her body in full figure. Not even hiding it as he'd turn to face the other one with the hitch in her step. Looking to where she'd stashed her pipe earlier. He couldn't help but think how good a smoke would have been right about now. But just as he was about be so bold as to mention it...

His eyes snapped wide towards Aayla. He seemed confused and taken back for several moments. As if he couldn't really believe she had been so blunt. Clearly he'd not expected such behavior from a slave.. He'd clear his throat a bit and narrow his eyes coldly down at her thought. A bit of his coy somewhat carefree look fading for something like cold ice in those aqua eyes of his. However his grin ever present as he carried that arrogant demeanor in his expression. "Darlin... Way I figure it if you must know. What I want from you is someone to help make some money with me after that shit you Fanalis fucks pulled up at that troop. Me an Daisy have been having nothing but rotten luck since you pulled that crap back there. They didn't even pay me fully for those two young ones I had finally brought back. All I was given was a third of the promised price and told of the problems you all stirred up. Hell i bet what was left is already disbanded by now... Those young ones probably got worked to death by now or sold on the cheap. Heh... an anyway lets be honest. I found you easily and I was just one of the smaller hunters. How long ti ll you think someone else finds you or recognizes you?! Hmm?! You think running way just gets rid of those chains? Not talking about the physical ones either girl. People like you tend to ruffle lots of feathers. Way I figure it... Without someone like me a real tracker to tag along and vouch for you. Well you'll have allot of shit to worry about besides just me. But hey you don't want to go back? Thats fine! They wouldn't pay enough for you anyway. You want me to cut to the chase I bet! Well here it is doll you took my current business away from me and I don't wreckin I like the idea of starving from lack of income and work nor does daisy cause you got a little hungry for freedom. So what say we go with something mutually beneficial! People know me in the right circles of that business... With a little forgery of some papers... I could make it look like you came into my... possession. Rather then were one of the trouble makers? You help me make some money... You evade the law?... Fanalis may be a bit uncivilized being from most of you come from but you make good slaves and fighters. This way we both make some money... WE both stay free and happy?... An I don't have to give alert the guards to someone responsible for escaping her chains. As I said before darlin it don't go away that easy. I tracked you once looking for a opportunity... would you rather work with me? ... Or would you rather enxt time I bring along some of the local slave troop to make a example of you? It don't make no difference to me to be honest. Its all about the money honey. We can both get what we want or I can turn you in and track you down again... So whats it be? You wanna fight me? Work with me? OR have a very unhappy time looking over your shoulder in all your travels knowing I might be coming with other contacts?" He'd say directly... coldly... and punctually as if he was negotiating with a business partner.

He made his offer seeming interested in working with her. He knew the value and good side of having one of these race with him and on his side. An if he got her to trust him... well with the right chances a good ally... or back up runaway to hand over at the right time would be good too. Holding his hand out to her smiling a bit. "We can work out the small bits later but what say you give me answer to the bulk of it now? You know you need me... or at least don't want me against you... Think of it this way. Given what you did helping me not only keeps you 'free' even if we'll be using fake papers... It also means I won't b rounding up the other runaways for chump change. How many more of those little ones do you think are out there? Neither of us wants to see that now do we? Nah... So lets work this out right? We can make it work darlin?" He'd say trying to play on her likely desire to keep the others free as well. It was a risk... he knew they may just try and attack him here and now. But he was going off his gut. She was still a slave... escaped or not. If he could still play on the hopes some of her wasn't fully escaped from the mental chains of what all that meant. He could break her into agreeing to his deal. Heh... if anything at least she looked good. Wouldn't be that bad of company he hoped.

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

The redhead would grab the pink haired woman’s hand and helped her to stand up, noticing how she couldn’t really help herself to bring herself up but Altan thought that she should ask about that later. She would muffle her laughter when Abbas said something about making a group named Triple As, possibly because all the girls had the same first letter on their given name. A small smile would be given from Altan to Abbas for being so funny and somehow it calmed her rage down, but no words would leave her lips as she listened to the conversation between Aayla and Jericho.

Somehow she didn’t like with how the blue haired man spoke, he was arrogant and not really the best person to do any kind of negotiation stuff. But she couldn’t do anything if maybe Aayla wanted to join forces with him, they just knew each other like in several minutes ago and there were a lot of things that she still didn’t know about what happened between the other Fanalis and Jericho. However, the only thing that she would say to Aayla after the man was done talking was simple. ”You, are the master of your own decision and a proud Fanalis, just remember that.”

NotAbbas

NotAbbas
D-Tier
D-Tier

Abbas, now standing once more, finally catching her breath. She was caught in a morale dilemma... This girl was a slave that had escaped... Abbas hadn't considered the injustice of being a slave, but she knew the laws of Kou, but at least it wasn't as if he was a bounty hunter and she was a murdering criminal. Abbas was proud of her capacity for understanding other people, but this was an unprecedented event for her.

Her ears were trained on Jericho's every word. He seemed to be planning to team up with the slave. There was something suspicious about only asking his target to come with him, perhaps it was a social engineering tactic to make her come back peacefully and quietly, hiding his true intentions by pretending he was an uncouth hunter who simply had some rotten luck.

"I don't know how I feel about helping a slave, Aayla..." Then the dim light bulb in her brain shined brightly, "Then... how about we try to get you to become a real citizen instead of getting forged papers? I know you don't know how to read, but I could help you with all of that. The bureaucracy, learning to read. It's worth a shot. Just know, whatever you choose, I won't report you. However, I won't help you more than that until you become a citizen, well unless you get injured. I'm a doctor actually. Going to some other doctors if you get injured might get you caught, but I believe in human rights that no one should die." She spoke every word with a giant, cheezy smile. Abbas definitely believed in doing the right thing and helping other and came across genuinely.

"Blue, I know you think you're tough and can get away with things. You may or may not believe in the spirit of Karma. I don't, that isn't what you should be afraid of. You only have to be afraid of waking up one day and doubting yourself. Can one truly live their life knowing they are doing the wrong thing?" She took a step towards him with every other word, stopping in front of him. Then crouching down to pet the wolf. "Daisy~" She went in for a kiss on the wolf's snout and stroking it behind its ears before getting up, then raising a finger as she spoke to the wolf. "Daisy, you are this boys only friend as far as I can tell, so you better take care of him. You've got someone's life in your paws."

Finally, she got back up and walked to Altan Bey, standing at her right, and putting her left arm over her shoulders and behind her neck. "So, are you gonna come with us, or are we gonna be Double A?" Abbas did a huge smile, her eyes wide open as if she were some joyous piranha. There was a certain connection she felt with Altan Bey. Abbas could tell Altan was a kindred soul, one who believed in doing the right things and standing up for what she believed in.

The endless search begins (Open) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYuGjaifpQ4ujPh4ekwibr2gWY18H-9T47qSmFrDafbvz07HYfYA <- Abbas' smile at Altan

Aayla

Aayla
C-Tier
C-Tier

When Jericho's eyes narrowed on her, Aayla felt like she shrunk by 3 sizes just then. She took a step back so that she was just a little bit behind Altan as she listened to Jericho speak his offer. Not once did she lift her eyes to look at him, in fact she didn't look away from one solitary spot in the ground. Tears started to well up in her eyes as she listened silently as she had been taught too many years ago.

He was right again, they would be coming for her... if not the slavers than those that found out who she was would turn her in and throw her back into the slave trade. At this point, she was valuable to no one but her current master, being thrown back into things now would only ensure she was purchased to do something that would no doubt kill her.

She felt pinned, caged in once more as she listened to his terms. It seemed he was actually offering her an out to some extent... she would be free of her former master, but she would be bound to him. No doubt he'd keep a tight grip on those papers to make sure she never left him... that's what they all did right? On the other hand, being with Jericho would let her hide in plain site, so it wasn't a totally bad plan.

Altan's voice pierced through her panicked mind as she told Aayla that she was the master of her own decisions, and a proud Fanalis. She couldn't quite believe that just yet... sure she was free to make her own choices, but she was so inexperienced to the outside world that she would much prefer someone else make those decisions for her. As to being a proud Fanalis... what was there for her to be proud of? She hadn't done anything to make her people proud of her... In fact she had lived in complete oblivion to anything beyond serving her masters. Heck, she didn't even want to escape when the breakout happened, content to stay in the world she knew.

Now she was here, thrown into the lions den of the outside world with no one to lean on. Jericho offered himself to that role, and judging by Abbas' words, he might be her only option. She didn't want to break the law by helping her, she could understand that but it frightened her... would Abbas turn her in to the authorities?! Had she made a huge mistake to ask her for help back in the tavern?

It seemed she had jumped to conclusions as Abbas began to go through various ways they could get around her situation. Aayla perked up at this, looking up to the pink haired girl with a surprised look on her face, the tears still staining the sides of her cheeks.

"A... a citizen? I..."

She paused as she thought her words over, then finally glanced over to Jericho with the same questioning look to her features. Both of their offers had an appeal, and she was faced with a huge decision. She didn't like it, not one bit... normally if she was faced with a decision like this, the wrong one ended rather painfully, and so there was really only one clear answer she could give them all.

"I... I don't want to be on the run... I just want to live my own life... but even if I'm a citizen, they'll know who I am... I think... maybe... all of us can work together... maybe? He can help keep an eye on them, and keep us apart... and you can teach me to be a proper citizen... maybe... if that's okay..."
Her sentence trailed off into silence, unsure of what they would think of the solution she had thought of. She did like the idea of someone leading her, that is what she sought after, but she really didn't want to be put back into slavery, and both options felt like it could lead to just that...

WC: 696

JerichoRogers

JerichoRogers
D-Tier
D-Tier

He'd seem to arrow his eyes lightly at the archer. He found some of this talk a little droll. What could was being proud do anything? Wanting what was best or all these ideals floating around. None of it changed the law, put food in your belly, kept away the cold at night or brought medicine when you were sick. "Proud or not doesn't change what a slave is. An the goverment will notice if it comes to the light someone 'escaped' as well as caused damages i doing so. Becoming a citizen... Heh that comes right back to me. You'd need something to make them think you were legally let go. An proper papers aren't easy to get with how you got away... An only forgeries I can make over time could ever hope to work. In all truth given the law she's the criminal here. But as I said I'm willing to help! Just so long as she helps me keep making money?! Call it partners if you want and it makes you feel better." He'd say grumbling a little. It seemed he hardly favored his conditions at the moment. An having two other women around that he felt he knew where they sided made it that much harder to work his plans and angles.

He'd just narrow his eyes as well at the crippled girl but he couldn't help but bit his tongue lightly. She had something about her... He just growled lightly but seemed to talk with a little less aggression in his voice to answer her. "Its not as wrong as you might think. Most slaves don't make it long after that life. They either end up back in chains or worse... I mean to be honest. After her people let so many go free how many do you think really made it home? How many that got brought back do you think took punishment so others could escape? I just bring back lost property... An do jobs for payment. An right now she took my way of making a living away. An it just so happens we can help eachothr out... We all know the laws here. We might as well just accept how things are gonna go. I sleep just fine anyway darling. As long as I can keep living and making the money I need everything is just fine. Without balance like that we'd just have chaos and uprising all over this damn country." He'd say twitching a eye as Daisy just ate up the attention.

She relaxed and licked at Abbas's cheek after receiving the small smooch. Leaning into being pet as if she enjoyed it. Calm and relaxed and as kind as any old tavern dog now. When she was relaxed and allowed to do so was when you could see her more natural side. She seemed to understand to some degree what she'd been told. "Really..." He'd say biting his tongue trying not to smile.

He'd smile gesturing a hand towards Aayla trying to pat her on the shoulder and leave his hand there as if pleased thinking he was close to getting his way. Daisy moving closer to Abbas's good leg rising after a moment and brushing against her nicely as if trying to hug her side against her. "See you seem to be starting to see the light. This way we all get to get what we want. Who knows if you do good enough by me I'll make sure you have all the freedom papers you need to become a real citizen. Got to be better then chains am I right?Heh.. Grew up around those caravans all my life. I can more then guess this must sound like heaven in comparison to going back right?" He'd say trying to ease his intentions forward a little more. his eyes flickering from Aayla to Abbas. Curious of this one now as well. He couldn't quite tell how he felt about her just yet. She seemed a mystery... Something about her did make him quite curious though.

NotAbbas

NotAbbas
D-Tier
D-Tier

Abbas was sure she didn't want to get involved with this sort of mix-up, the best she could do to help them was to not be a rat. Sighing as she released an excess of guilt. "The best I can do is not report you to the authorities; confidentiality." She gave a faint smile, not full of the same joy as moments ago. "Like I said, you can always come to visit me. In this town, you can just ask for Dr. Zhang, and they'll get you to me or my father. This goes for you too... what's your name again?" She was looking at the blue-haired guy, realizing he still hadn't introduced himself. She nodded to Altan and waved to them, hoping they would all be safe, including Daisy.

[Exiting]

OOC: It's been a pleasure RPing with you guys, I hope you guys stay on this site for the long haul. :D

Altan Bey

Altan Bey
β-Tier
β-Tier

Altan would let out a sigh as she placed her hand on Aayla's shoulder, staring at her but she would say nothing. The Fanalis knew she should not try and get into another people's problem, so anything that the other Fanalis wanted to do would have nothing to do with the girl from the Bey clan. When Abbas bid them farewell, the red haired girl nodded to her, thinking that she should visit her some day because the pink haired woman seemed nice and fun.

The redhead thought that she might need to leave as well. Someone was waiting for her and who knew what he might do when he was alone... He might accidentally kill himself because apparently he didn't even know how to control his own body and mind. "I apologize but I need to go as well, may our path crosses again..." Altan bowed for a second before giving Aayla another stare, but then she would gave her a small smile and walked away. Perhaps joining that blue haired man would be a good choice for the other redhead, but Altan could just hope the best for her kind.

[EXIT]

OOC: It was fun, thank you for letting me join ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum